shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Post by shannon »

In post 213, Alisae wrote:OH NO! I MADE 2 POSTS THAT PAD OUT THE THREAD! WHAT WILL I EVER DO?!?!?!?
You're making a big deal out of nothing.
Seriously though, it is kinda annoying.
In post 221, XnadrojX wrote:
In post 218, Alisae wrote:I'm TRing Lickety cuz he's asking good questions that progress the game and I've been always SRing Jordan so I hopped there.
You sure scum would accuse someone of doing the exact same thing that they just did? That doesn't make sense to me.

pedit: Good shit LQ.
I don't like cases of "scum would/wouldn't do this"
Anything can be shaken off like that.
+1
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 218, Alisae wrote:I'm TRing Lickety cuz he's asking good questions that progress the game and I've been always SRing Jordan so I hopped there.
You sure scum would accuse someone of doing the exact same thing that they just did? That doesn't make sense to me.

Then you are really going to hate the way I get reads.

I do this by constantly matching up whether its more likely to come from Scum or Town. I do this by getting a picture of who that person is and use that to read if they would likely say that as Town or Scum.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:30 pm

In post 225, shannon wrote:
In post 213, Alisae wrote:OH NO! I MADE 2 POSTS THAT PAD OUT THE THREAD! WHAT WILL I EVER DO?!?!?!?
You're making a big deal out of nothing.
Seriously though, it is kinda annoying.

+1
In post 174, shannon wrote:
In post 173, XnadrojX wrote:If anyone can produce a good counter argument to why karnos is town and LQ scum please present it.
No argument here, I think LQ is townish.
I consider this a conflict of character. You read me based off vibe AFAIK and not based on deduction so either you don't understand what Jordan is saying or you are making quite the contradiction.

shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:32 pm

Post by shannon »

PEdit: I misread Jordan, specifically the bit 'a counter argument to why'. I don't have any particular read on Karnos but I town read you Lickety.

In post 217, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 216, shannon wrote:
In post 210, Alisae wrote:okay I ISO dived and by dived I mean skimmed.
I'm probably conf biasing you cuz now you're asking good questions that are meant to progress the game or atleast advance it so you're probs town.
Jordan seems strange in that he was attacking LQ's shitty logic but he thinks he's town?
That seems strange to me.
So I'm voting there now
VOTE: Jordan
So hang on: You were the one who originally brought up Lickety's reachy case on me. Jordan continued on with that case. Now you're town reading Lickety, but you're voting Jordan for doing the same thing you did? Not cool

VOTE: Alisae
I like my vote currently. I wanted to see if more people would vote Alisae if I pressure them. As I was pressuring them I was getting some clear Town tells that I use that make sense reasonable. Nothing solid on its own, but it all adds up.

So naturally I find shannon really opportunistic here.

TL;DR: I didn't say I had a Town read on Alisae after getting done tunneling on her because I wanted to see if anyone would use that to Scum read her.

I am trying to make sense of the part I bolded. Can you tell me whether this is correct:

1) You tunnelled Alisae as a kind of reaction test
2) You actually town read her
3) You wanted to see whether your pretend scum read on her would cause anyone else to scum read her

If that *is* what you're saying, then I don't get how you connected my vote on her back to your read of her. I am not making any reference to your read on Alisae, I'm calling her a hypocrite for her behaviour.

Lickety, you made a reachy case on me which you later referred to as 'getting out of RVS'. Alisae called you out and cased you for it. Jordan went further with calling you out and casing you.

Alisae has now changed her mind and town reads you, which is fine. But she votes Jordan for the case he made on you, which is hypocrisy, because she was making a similar case. And that's why I'm voting Alisae.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:45 pm

In post 228, shannon wrote:PEdit: I misread Jordan, specifically the bit 'a counter argument to why'. I don't have any particular read on Karnos but I town read you Lickety.

In post 217, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 216, shannon wrote:
In post 210, Alisae wrote:okay I ISO dived and by dived I mean skimmed.
I'm probably conf biasing you cuz now you're asking good questions that are meant to progress the game or atleast advance it so you're probs town.
Jordan seems strange in that he was attacking LQ's shitty logic but he thinks he's town?
That seems strange to me.
So I'm voting there now
VOTE: Jordan
So hang on: You were the one who originally brought up Lickety's reachy case on me. Jordan continued on with that case. Now you're town reading Lickety, but you're voting Jordan for doing the same thing you did? Not cool

VOTE: Alisae
I like my vote currently. I wanted to see if more people would vote Alisae if I pressure them. As I was pressuring them I was getting some clear Town tells that I use that make sense reasonable. Nothing solid on its own, but it all adds up.

So naturally I find shannon really opportunistic here.

TL;DR: I didn't say I had a Town read on Alisae after getting done tunneling on her because I wanted to see if anyone would use that to Scum read her.

I am trying to make sense of the part I bolded. Can you tell me whether this is correct:

1) You tunnelled Alisae as a kind of reaction test
2) You actually town read her
3) You wanted to see whether your pretend scum read on her would cause anyone else to scum read her

If that *is* what you're saying, then I don't get how you connected my vote on her back to your read of her. I am not making any reference to your read on Alisae, I'm calling her a hypocrite for her behaviour.

Lickety, you made a reachy case on me which you later referred to as 'getting out of RVS'. Alisae called you out and cased you for it. Jordan went further with calling you out and casing you.

Alisae has now changed her mind and town reads you, which is fine. But she votes Jordan for the case he made on you, which is hypocrisy, because she was making a similar case. And that's why I'm voting Alisae.
You don't have to Vote Alisae for the same reasons as I introduced, you just have to see and opening to vote and take advantage of that for my reaction test to be valid.

I could just say Alisae has a Scummy meta and so that is why I felt leaving room for someone to take advantage of the fact I was pressuring her was a valid test.

Also, Expect Scum to reply in the same way you did. I was thinking about the counter argument you could have made that would have been better, but I find it Scummy that you didn't use that one and decided to base your argument based on facts instead of sentiment. It is my opinion that Town generally bases more of their arguments on sentiment than facts, at least in my experience. True people can use either or as both alignments but when one is neglected over the other is when it becomes clearer what that persons motivation is.

My process of reading you is getting more developed as time goes by.

Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Post by Alisae »

LQ I know what you were trying to do.
Wouldn't it be more effective to try to see who has responded to it and who hasn't before you try to draw analysis off of it?
GTKAS
| here.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:52 pm

In post 230, Alisae wrote:LQ I know what you were trying to do.
Wouldn't it be more effective to try to see who has responded to it and who hasn't before you try to draw analysis off of it?
Sometimes. I don't have a lot of time before I go to bed. That is the reason.

shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by shannon »

@Lickety -

What opening though? My vote on her has nothing to do with you pressuring her.

I have to point out how terrible your logic is in this part:

Also, Expect Scum to reply in the same way you did. I was thinking about the counter argument you could have made that would have been better, but I find it Scummy that you didn't use that one and decided to base your argument based on facts instead of sentiment.
It is my opinion that Town generally bases more of their arguments on sentiment than facts, at least in my experience. True people can use either or as both alignments but
when one is neglected over the other is when it becomes clearer what that persons motivation is

This is just plain bad, for so many reasons:

1) I had no need to think of the Best Possible Counterargument because I'm only giving my *actual* counterargument, which is to state my actual reasons for voting Alisae.
2) Why is it scummy to avoid Appeal to Emotion? Especially when there's no emotion involved? I've played multiple games where people have made exactly the opposite claim to you; that acting emotionally is scummy because there are no good reasons to fall back on
3) It seems you know I'm telling the truth, and yet you think I should have told an emotional lie because it would have been more convincing. That is very weird to me.

Also, is there a plan for you to do anything other than 'reaction test' and then claim that whoever reacts is doing what you'd expect scum to do? That schtick is getting old, and it's less convincing each time you claim it.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Post by mastina »

<<< nydushermain requested replacement. And conveniently enough, we've got a replacement! TheRealGin-N-Tonic replaces nydushermain effective upon their posting. >>>

Seventh Votecount
:
Alisae - 3 (PranaDevil, nydushermain, shannon)

XnadrojX - 2 (karnos, Alisae)

karnos - 2 (Garmr, XnadrojX)
nydushermain - 1 (All Alone)
Garmr - 1 (KTthecreeper)
All Alone - 1 (Lexa)
shannon - 1 (LicketyQuickety)

Not Voting - 2 (BlueBloodedToffee, Pepchoninga)

With
alive, it takes
to lynch.

Day 1's deadline is Friday, February 10th, @ 2:30 PM PST--(expired on 2017-02-10 14:30:00).

V/LA Notices/Mod Notes:
  • mastina, the moderator, is V/LA over weekends.

Extras
Spoiler: Changes from Last Votecount
(+1)
Alisae - 3 (PranaDevil, nydushermain,
shannon
)
(=0)
karnos - 2 (Garmr, XnadrojX)
(+1/-1)
XnadrojX - 2 (
shannon
, karnos,
Alisae
)
(-1)
LicketyQuickety - 0 (
Alisae
)
(=0)
nydushermain - 1 (All Alone)
Garmr - 1 (KTthecreeper)
(=0)
shannon - 1 (LicketyQuickety)
(=0)
All Alone - 1 (Lexa)

(=0)
Not Voting - 2 (BlueBloodedToffee, Pepchoninga)
Last votecount was .
Spoiler: Player Vote History Day One
Spoiler: Players Who Have BEEN Voted D1
  1. Alisae:
    6 - , , , , ,
  2. nydushermain:
    3 - , ,
  3. XnadrojX:
    3 - , ,
  4. shannon:
    2 - ,
  5. LicketyQuickety: