Mafia 74: Minimally Flavoured - Game over!

liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:18 pm

Post by liamcool »

Vote: SnapsThePirate
because his posts make me laugh really hard.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:57 pm

Post by liamcool »

egruntz wrote:
Mills wrote:Egruntz, where are you from?
Eh? Don't really know how to answer that question. If you're looking for my location, well just forget that. If you're wondering if I've been on other sites, you probably know me from SWF or MKO.

I've always found it better to have no lynching occur on the first day. As I've said, it there's been plenty occasions where the first day would occur for weeks, and nothing gets accomplished. You really don't get much information about each other from the start as it is, and that's what makes the beginning of this game slow and rather dull.

@Bookitty
You're the one rushing to conclusions. I've said one thing so far, a common one at that, and you've already gone and voted for me. There's nothing scummy about my post, heck I didn't even except anyone to lay a FOS on me because of it.

However, I'm still all for no lynching.
If we just randomly lynch on the first day, we at least have a chance of hitting scum. (assuming there's 4 mafia, obviously that's a 4/18 chance). If we don't lynch at all, we obviously have no chance of getting scum, which is BAD BAD BAD.

I don't like your defensiveness either, having one vote in such a large game is no deal at all.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #2) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 3:32 pm

Post by liamcool »

Disciple Slayer wrote:
UNVOTE

VOTE: SNAPS THE PIRATE

Bandwagon to victory.
Is that sarcasm? If not, this smells of scum.
Xylthixlm wrote:All this productive discussion is good, but we need more votes on OGML to go with it.
As above.

egruntz wrote:
boo wrote:Do you think you can get more information from a dead body than from a live one?
Erhm, exactly my point. If we choose to lynch someone randomly, with the odds of 3-4/18 being mafia, there's a pretty good chance that we'll lynch one of our own people. If we skip the first round and only lose one of the town instead of two, then we can keep the town living longer.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't vote or lynch randomly. It'll most likely effect the town.
What conclusion do you feel I've rushed to?
Well, obviously you think I'm scum, since you voted for me. If not, then what a poor reason to vote for someone. All that I've said is that it'd be best to skip the lynch for the first day. Surely you shouldn't vote for me, just for stating my opinions?

That right there shows horrible quality in a mafia player.
If we lynch two people, though, we can probably get a couple of hints from who they're threatening, et cetera, et cetera.

We weren't planning to lynch randomly, anyway: it's just a pisstake to have a little fun at the beginning of the game.

But then again, I'm going to let you state your opinions.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #50 (isolation #3) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:25 pm

Post by liamcool »

Panzerjager wrote:Look, random voting is an essential part of the game and I'm going to doubt anyone's mafia playing ability who doesn't realize it. It gets discussion going and then someone says something and it gets analyzed and then someone says something else and it get's analyzed. Like now, egruntz said "hey, guys we should no lynch" everyone reacted and now The Fonz said "he is a newbie so don't pay attention" These are two of the more important pieces of evidence right now(in my opinion) and both have happened due to the random voting phase, so quit your bitching, kthnx.

Second, I hate all this random lynch talk. We are not randomly lynching anyone. We are gonna decide via deliberation and democracy, thusly forcing people to make a decision. Discussion is good. Interaction between players mean things; Making it ignorant and irresponible to end day immediately with a random or No lynch. And if it was random, I'd much rather roll an 18 sided dice and lynch the player that's number comes up. That has much more of a chance a causing interaction between players then just saying okay guys, vote no lynch. Besides no lynch can't even defend himself.

Anyway, back to important things,
Vote: The fonz
You wrote off a newbie that obviously wasn't even a newbie and then you voted someone for attacking the guy's idea, which was obviously terrible.

P.S Thinking someone is scum is not the only reason to vote for someone, don't be so naive

P.S.S I think Fonz is scum
The first PS is totally right, we might throw a vote on someone to make them have to think under pressure, although a singular vote in this game isn't really a threat at this point.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #4) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 5:43 pm

Post by liamcool »

Panzerjager wrote:You had nothing else to say about that post. I'm not posting content for the rest of the game.
Jaysus, go jump off a cliff, talk about overreacting.

And no, I don't have anything else to say now. A lot of my posts are stream of consciousness, "post the first point that comes to your head" style.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (isolation #5) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:50 pm

Post by liamcool »

Snaps_the_Pirate wrote:Sometimes when two players take opposing veiws other players assume that one MUST be a mafia and one MUST be innocent.

You forgot the possibility they might both be mafia and appear to have differing opinions in order to distance themselves from each other.
Mills wrote:
Unvote

Vote: Disciple Slayer
the Village Idiot

I refer you to his generally unhelpful posts in this thread and this game (http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6636) where he manages to also be a retard. Also he seems to be lynched a lot on Day One so let's not break the trend!
This is jumping out at me. The way a player plays in one game doesn't neccesarily reflect the way they play in another. Someone who is very aggressive in one game might take a backseat in another. I would throw a vote on, but DS is admittedly playing fairly stupidly for now, just randomly throwing votes on people for the sake of "bandwagoning". This might be as a result of the Chrissie holidays but it is still just plain annoying when you're trying to get a hold on who is mafia.

FOS: Mills

FOS: DS
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #79 (isolation #6) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:52 pm

Post by liamcool »

Bah, my tags are awful. The first thing in that post is a quote from Snaps, the first thing in quotes is my comment, and the thing under Mills is Mills' quote. Apologies.
we cry under the sheltering sky
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (isolation #7) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:09 pm

Post by liamcool »

Bookitty wrote:These questions open to anyone:

Do you feel egruntz' comments more reflect on his inexperience on this particular site, or on his probable alignment?
I think it's a bit of both, maybe he plays a different style at other sites. Also, he might be scum trying hard to be a townie, or townie trying to affirm his allignment with everyone else. I'm personally leaning towards the latter right now, but not by a long shot (say, 45% for A and 55% for B)
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (isolation #8) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:56 pm

Post by liamcool »

The Fonz wrote:
liamcool wrote:
Bookitty wrote:These questions open to anyone:

Do you feel egruntz' comments more reflect on his inexperience on this particular site, or on his probable alignment?
I think it's a bit of both, maybe he plays a different style at other sites. Also, he might be scum trying hard to be a townie, or townie trying to affirm his allignment with everyone else. I'm personally leaning towards the latter right now, but not by a long shot (say, 45% for A and 55% for B)
45% is a much higher probability of being scum than a random lynch. If you actually believe there's a 45% chance of him being scum, you should be voting him.
45% isn't high enough for me. I prefer to be reasonably sure, y'know?
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (isolation #9) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:03 pm

Post by liamcool »

Idea: Mills = Lyncher?

(just something that came to me just then)
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (isolation #10) » Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by liamcool »

The way he has targeted and provoked DS makes me think that DS is his lynchee. I think it's an unlikely possibility but a possibility nonetheless.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (isolation #11) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:01 pm

Post by liamcool »

Snaps_the_Pirate wrote:
About Egruntz, Liamcool wrote:I think it's a bit of both, maybe he plays a different style at other sites. Also, he might be scum trying hard to be a townie, or townie trying to affirm his allignment with everyone else. I'm personally leaning towards the latter right now, but not by a long shot (say, 45% for A and 55% for B)
Liamcool is starting with the aussumtion that the chances that any one person is a mafia is 50/50. This is incorrect. If there are 2 mafia the odds are only 1 in 8(12.5%). If there are 3 mafia the odds are 1 in 6(16.6%). If there are 4 mafia the odds are 1 in 4.5(22.2%). In other words well below 50%. Like The Fonz says, if Liamcool REALLY thinks there is 45% probability that Egruntz is mafia he should vote for him. However, I don't think that is what Liamcool was really trying to say.
Yah, I'm accounting for evidence against him so far, et cetera, et cetera. I don't like voting unless I'm reasonably sure so I haven't voted yet.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (isolation #12) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:26 pm

Post by liamcool »

No, you're fairly eloquent at this point, I can read all your points at this point in the game and understand them.

Unvote
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 7:47 pm

Post by liamcool »

ZZ, you posted two votes in your post, who are you actually voting for?
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by liamcool »

Sangy wrote:Why I'm not voting Egruntz: Scum doesn't want to stand out. Egruntz, instead of saying "Hey, I was wrong" or "Well, sure, I see your logic but I disagree" keeps on pounding in this idea of a no lynch for night one. Maybe it's a bit WIFOM, but I don't think scum would want to put themselves in the spotlight stating something that is clearly controversial and antitown.
Or he could be continuously trying to convince us that No Lynch is the best move, if he is scum (hypothetically), trying to drill the motion into our heads.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:39 pm

Post by liamcool »

Patch15 wrote:Right this is going to be orobably my first real post for Mafia.
Do you mean your first post on this site or your first post in a Mafia game ever?
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:13 am

Post by liamcool »

Because it's common courtesy to give any replacement at least a chance to defend themselves first.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (isolation #17) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:40 am

Post by liamcool »

Hey guys, I'm around but I don't have anything to post right now. If I do, I'll make sure to contribute it. If you've got any questions for me, feel free to post them, I should be able to reply within 12 hours of it being posted.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:11 pm

Post by liamcool »

Vote: Eteocles
, for having the nerve to make a post simply consisting of "post", and not even making an attempt to make content.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:02 pm

Post by liamcool »

Antithesis wrote:
Rishi wrote:Since it appears I am being roleblocked I guess its a safe assumption to hope there isn't a framer at work. Maybe if we are lucky we can lynch the blocker today and I can do a better job.
This might seem like a stupid suggestion, but has anyone else even thought of the possibility of Antithesis either A) investigating someone else last night and keeping results to himself (god knows why) or B) not investigating at all last night, due to the possibility that he's not a cop, and the real cop has decided to keep to himself for now?

I personally don't believe either, just wanted to throw them out as thereotical scenarios.
Korlash wrote:
Skruffs wrote:There's a term for that; when you accuse your scum buddy of something, then move it onto a townie, and then when the townie comes up town, use that to try and 'clear' your partner.
thats one long term... clouldn;t we condense it into one word... like... partner clearing... wait thats two words... dangit...
Distancing?
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (isolation #20) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:10 pm

Post by liamcool »

Hey. I'll be low activity until next Monday and then no activity until Wednesday. Sorry for the inconvienience.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #593 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:51 am

Post by liamcool »

panzer wrote: and it's if we eliminate one scum group, it's easier to weed out the second.
I'm going purely on maths, which I'm horrific at, but this is untrue, based on the numbers we have left.

There's 12 players left. Say there's two groups of 3 (which, while not certain, is reasonably likely). That would mean we have 4 scum out of 12 players, or a 33% chance of lynching scum. If we kill scum today, and then lose two people to scum night kills, we then have 3 of out 9 left, still 33%. If we lynch scum from the same group as before, we then have 2 scum out of 7 players, which is somewhere in the region of 28%, no?

And yes, I know this isn't accounting for SK kills, vigs, whatever.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #600 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by liamcool »

I love your sig, Phate, being a Cure fan.

Nothing to add right now, but I can't post for at least the next 48 hours (I have a massive paper to write for Modern History.) I will be reading the thread though.
liamcool
liamcool
Goon
liamcool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #659 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:34 am

Post by liamcool »

Sorry, getting raped by A) my other two games (one of which recently finished) and B) schoolwork.
Snaps_the_Pirate wrote:I have a few questions I'd like answered.

Hasdgfas, Liamcool, Phate, Rishi
: Who do you find suspicions? After nearly three months and over 600 posts, you must have some suspicions.
Currently I'm leaning towards you as scum. I really want to see what Skruffs has proposed in the post above (658) and see what you're talking about in regards to two teams on day one.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”