Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:54 am

Post by Primate »

Hi.

I don't mind being AIM'd, PM'd or MSN'd at pretty much any time. My contact details are in my profile.

And honestly I could see jdodge getting annoyed regardless of his alignment.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:41 am

Post by Primate »

JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:
Vote: JDodge

This is something that came to light behind the scenes:

JDodge had, initially not read his role PM. He told the mod this, and then the mod forced his role upon JDodge. This led to JDodge being angry and threw a massive fit in scumchat yesterday with regards to Oman's behaviour.

Now, the only reason I can see for not reading role PM is to not know you are scum. That is the biggest advantage of playing without knowing your role. Upon knowing his role, JDodge became angry. This points to the fact that JDodge is scum, because had JDodge been told that he was town, he would not have any reason to become angry.
Yeah because having my right to play the game the way I wish to taken away is just going to make me a bucket of sunshine
In what way were you playing the game though? If you're not reading your role pm, you're not playing the game, you're just posting whilst other people are playing it around you.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:50 am

Post by Primate »

JDodge wrote:
Primate wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:

JDodge had, initially not read his role PM. He told the mod this, and then the mod forced his role upon JDodge. This led to JDodge being angry and threw a massive fit in scumchat yesterday with regards to Oman's behaviour.

Now, the only reason I can see for not reading role PM is to not know you are scum. That is the biggest advantage of playing without knowing your role. Upon knowing his role, JDodge became angry. This points to the fact that JDodge is scum, because had JDodge been told that he was town, he would not have any reason to become angry.
Yeah because having my right to play the game the way I wish to taken away is just going to make me a bucket of sunshine
In what way were you playing the game though? If you're not reading your role pm, you're not playing the game, you're just posting whilst other people are playing it around you.
Can we please avoid this argument? I had it at least 5 times yesterday
I'll stop as long as you agree to never not read your role pm ever again. Deal?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:06 am

Post by Primate »

JDodge wrote:
cicero wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Primate wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:

Can we please avoid this argument? I had it at least 5 times yesterday
People who want to play without reading their role pm can eat my...
vote jdodge
[
policy lynches are for people not good enough to find scum themselves, so they lynch people for idiotic reasons and hope that they manage to be right one of those times
I normally hold that opinion, yeah, but honestly not reading your role pm is the
one
thing that I break that on, just because it's so ridiculous that honestly I can't play with someone who's doing it. Not because I can't read them, but every point you make against them, they just go 'well i dunno i am scum lulz so u r wrong', and it's impossible to play a game of mafia with someone who does that. And that's aside from about five other reasons why it's a really fucking stupid idea.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:54 am

Post by Primate »

xyzzy wrote:Oh boy! Dramawagon!

Vote: Disciple Slayer
for not having AIM.
Yeah, honestly I think it's a little pointless signing up to a game like this without some kind of IM client, but hey I guess it's your signup giez.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #5) » Mon Dec 31, 2007 6:28 am

Post by Primate »

Adel wrote:also, I communicate exclusively by PM. I don't IM.
Why'd you sign up to this game then?

I dunno, it just seems pointless unless you just wanted to play a vanilla nightless game.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:19 am

Post by Primate »

xyzzy wrote:It was a hypothetical.

If everyone talks to everyone, discrepencies in what people say will come up only among certain people, yes, and those may confuse - but every towniw will be talking to eight other townies who will be completely honest about their suspicions - there will be agreement, and those who don't agree will often be scum; basically, mass-daytalking will result in the same people being suspicious to many people, who are almost probably scum.
I am doubtful that scum will contradict themselves in PMs/IMs any more than townies will. If someone contradicts themselves in a PM (not IM) then I'd say they're actually more likely to be townie.
Adel wrote:Also, I recruited a couple of good, intelligent, active players, including NabNab whom I'm something like 0-5 against in games where we have different win conditions. I'm into this game, and its players, and I don't see why IM is so important to xyzzy.
I may be wrong, but I assume you've never played chat mafia before. It is an different game, and the lack of forethought makes it really easy to read the alignments of people who've never played it before. So it's irritating that people don't have aim because it makes it much harder for me to read them for no reason other than they dislike the medium. PMing is mostly pretty useless in a vanilla game like this because there really isn't any reason to PM other people, as there is no information that is better pm'd than posted publicly in the thread. In games that have roles, you could give role info to people you trust who are attacking you to get them to lay off, stuff like that. But this is a vanilla game and all we have are opinions, and what's the point of sharing an opinion with only one person over the other eleven people?
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Primate »

I feel the same way. I never used aim before I joined MS, and it was slightly weird to see so many people using when previously everyone I knew used MSN. And I think if someones asking you to download aim, you're perfectly within your rights to ask them to download msn.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:58 pm

Post by Primate »

No-ones contacted me outside the thread, which is particularly annoying as I signed up to this game with the hope that I wouldn't have to post in the thread.

And I only just realized that the game isn't nightless, heh.
Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:39 am

Post by Primate »

Phate wrote:Oh. This game. Right.
This.

No-one has contacted me. :(

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”