Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 11:41 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Vote: JDodge

This is something that came to light behind the scenes:

JDodge had, initially not read his role PM. He told the mod this, and then the mod forced his role upon JDodge. This led to JDodge being angry and threw a massive fit in scumchat yesterday with regards to Oman's behaviour.

Now, the only reason I can see for not reading role PM is to not know you are scum. That is the biggest advantage of playing without knowing your role. Upon knowing his role, JDodge became angry. This points to the fact that JDodge is scum, because had JDodge been told that he was town, he would not have any reason to become angry.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:34 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

JDodge, you were annoyed over it based on the fact that you would play better if your role was not revealed to you. I fail to see how you could play better as townie if you did not know you were a townie, but I can certainly see how you could play better as scum if you did not know you were scum.

Prim, why would JDodge get angry if he were town?

I think we ought to put most things out in the thread rather than private convos or PMs. It is better for the town.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:15 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

My problem with JDodge is not that he did not read his role pm or anything. I can't be bothered about that. It is his reaction after Oman told him his role. It didn't fit in my mind to what his reaction should be if he were town.

JDodge, I know that it was pre game, but I simply can't ignore that and pretend it didn't happen. You were the one who told this to everyone in scumchat anyway.

I suppose this is like inadmissible evidence in a court of law. But, a court of law has more emphasis for fair trial. I on the other hand care more about catching scum using whatever knowledge I have.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #3) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:24 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Oh and add to my knowledge the fact that you do support policy lynches.

You had told me once in a private convo - and also in scumchat I think, much before we even signed up for the game that you "have a list of people who should never be allowed to live till the end game". I know that the list includes at least Battle Mage. That is called policy lynching. How come you have come out to condemn policy lynching now?
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:28 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

JDodge wrote:
Sir Tornado wrote:Oh and add to my knowledge the fact that you do support policy lynches.

You had told me once in a private convo - and also in scumchat I think, much before we even signed up for the game that you "have a list of people who should never be allowed to live till the end game". I know that the list includes at least Battle Mage. That is called policy lynching. How come you have come out to condemn policy lynching now?
And you assume I was entirely serious why?
Sir Tornado wrote:I suppose this is like inadmissible evidence in a court of law. But, a court of law has more emphasis for fair trial. I on the other hand care more about catching scum using whatever knowledge I have.
In other words, you'll take any opportunity you can to make stuff up to get me lynched.
1) Yes, you were quite serious during that discussion. Plus, you did not have any reason to lie at all.

2) Now, you are really twisting my words. I never said that, nor did anything I said remotely mean that.

I really can't see you as being anything other than scum now after reading that post.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #5) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:00 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote: So he's scum because you don't understand sarcasm?
I really can't see how that is intended as sarcastic, btw. As far as I can see he was lying in that post on the first point, and then twisting my words completely in the second part.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #6) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:04 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote: So he's scum because you don't understand sarcasm?
No, in fact, after reading it again, I think you do explain exactly how it was sarcastic. I really fail to see what you thought was sarcastic in that post.

If it was sarcastic, it is generally the author of the post that comes and says "Hey, it was sarcastic, lolz". Why did you feel it necessary to make that remark on behalf of JDodge? (if at all the remark was true)
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote:Sir Tornado pointed out to me that it's actually quite scummy.
Strictly speaking, this isn't actually true. I never "pointed out" to Xyzzy that it is quite scummy. I just asked him why he didn't post this in thread (when he voted JDodge). As far as I can see the word "scummy" or "scum" never appeared in the discussion, and Xyzzy came to this conclusion on his own.

But, I think it is scummy anyway...
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:47 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote:Yeah, badly worded. It was decided that it was significiant, which I took to mean scummy, but it's possible to take it as "significant but null" or "significant but town".

JDodge, if I were scum, talking to me could only lead to one thing - a total slip-up. Why wouldn't you want that?
This goes from bad to worse.

unvote
FOS JDodge

Vote Xyzzy
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #47 (isolation #9) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

This is a bit complicated JDodge. I need to think over exactly what Xyzzy is trying to do here. I can't fathom his actions from Xyzzy-town POV (plus, my head is hurting right now).

At the same time, he seems determined to help me get you lynched and then remove his hand out of it completely. I can't see where that puts you.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #10) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:56 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Xyzzy wrote: Sirt, what is "bad" or "worse" about anything I've said?
You are not changing the impression and are determined to make sure you misinterpret exactly who said what and in what order. I don't like it.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #11) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:08 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

JDodge wrote:A.) you don't want to give anything away about xyzzy
I can't understand where that comes from
JDodge wrote:B.) you were talking out your ass earlier
My earlier vote, I should admit was more or less based on a wild assumption, which was more over based on an idea I had much earlier, and I later decided to get it out as means to get reactions instead of a random vote. It did get a significant reaction, btw as I do not get why a town-JDodge would lie outright to me in his post 24.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #12) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:20 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

JDodge wrote: What lie?
JDodge wrote: And you assume I was entirely serious why?
This one. You were quite serious when we had that conversation (also, that was a long time ago, out of game conversation, so you had no reason to lie then)
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #13) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

kabenon007 wrote:Wow, serious overreaction with this whole JDodge making a fuss with his PM. I can see where the people who say he is scum are coming from, but I can also see reasons other than his being scum. So I will be refraining from joining the JDodge bandwagon.
Where are the people accusing JDodge of being scum coming from, and what are the reasons other than his being scum?
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #14) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:07 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Why do you choose to ignore the second question?
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #15) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:17 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

There aren't any power roles in the game if that's what you are eluding to.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #16) » Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:00 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Scot: you can generally find out whether a person is serious or not even in a online conversation by taking into account their usual behaviour, behaviour in the convo, the seriousness of the topic discussed, responses to other points in the topic etc.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:08 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

I am available on whichever IM you may wish to use (AIM, MSN, Yahoo) All of them are in my profile.

If someone wants Google Talk, my id is cdhopate@gmail.com. I take emails on that id too (and no other id).

BTW, primate, before joining MS, I used only MSN/YIM too. Never AIM.
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #87 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:10 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

Btw, people who don't want/like IMs can use IRC if they like...
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:19 am

Post by Sir Tornado »

No, we used PMs, I agree... But I don't think that is what primate/xyzzy are trying to say... See, communicating with IMs allows less time to respond. This way, thd scum (as well as the town) are bound to act without thinking things thoroughly. However, this hurts scum more as they do not have town's best interests at heart at a subconscious level, which gets exposed more in instanteneous play. That is what I believe Xyzzy and Prim are arguing.

But can we get along with the game now? What do you all think of Xyzzy wagon?
I'm back!
Sir Tornado
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Sir Tornado
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 4:59 pm

Post by Sir Tornado »

Ok, this is strange request on Adel's part.
I would go with it if everyone and the List mod agrees.
I'm back!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”