jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #78 (isolation #1) » Sun Jul 18, 2004 7:19 pm

Post by jediknight »

Hey there everyone...the next two weeks are gonna be dicey for me but I am going to weather through. I will be leaving for a leadership camp starting this thursday and will be gone for one week...

I could see Gollum being in some sort of cop role... I mean he WAS evil to Bilbo but he spent most of his time watching (and avoiding) the comings and goings of the goblins. HE DOES pick off the stray goblins for food. :? Maybe if Bilbo finds him then Gollum loses his abilities and Bilbo gains them? A cool way to bring the ring in to be sure. But its only a thought! The neck wringing also makes sense... All in all this is shaping up to be an interesting game!

BTW
Random Vote: Argoti
for thinking that "Gollum didn't do much!!" If it weren't for the riddle game and gollum Bilbo wouldn't have gotten out of the cave and saved the dwarves...or dwarvsessss...as Gollum might have said!
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #85 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:24 pm

Post by jediknight »

Apologeticssss? We doesn't knowww whatssss you'ssss sssaaayin prescioussss..... No we don'tssss... GOLLUM GOLLUM...

Before you start taking this as a role claim be advised that this is totally tongue in cheek and for fun! I do a mean gollum impression but its more Return of the King than The Hobbit. Don't be looking to me to be your Smeagol...hmm....sounds like a Weird Al version of Hero.

unvote: Argoti

vote: Lord Gurgi
cause that post about the dwarves makes no sense to me... :?
I just got an idea, all the dwarves whose names rhyme could know eachother.
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #87 (isolation #3) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 4:42 pm

Post by jediknight »

Nah...I understand that part...just not sure how it fits!
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #91 (isolation #4) » Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:00 pm

Post by jediknight »

Well Corsato... I'll address your comments and perhaps shed some light on my thoughts. And perhaps stimulate some discussion!

I never said anything about a bandwagon... Drummer was the one that mentioned that and I believe it was tongue in cheek. Perhaps Drummer can shed some light on why he felt it necessary to use me and bandwagon in the same sentence.

My first vote of Argoti is random because it didn't have alot of bite behind it. Do you honestly think I would base a serious vote on a comment about Gollum not doing much??? I was being funny with my Gollum comments. I play this game to have fun. Doesn't everyone? It's my personality... :lol: But it WOULD be a good way to get the ring in the game...have Gollum being a cop, paranoid, insane or otherwise, and when/if Bilbo finds him Gollum loses his night choice which fits into MMCLs thoughts...

As for the comment that appears to be getting the most interest, I truly did not see why the rhyming would be important. I might have worded it poorly at the time which I do apologize for but that's the reasoning. After it's discussed it makes much more sense although I still think the dwarves (minus Thorin?) are townies. :idea: Thorin's a mason!!! What does everyone think about that possibility? He did recruit all the dwarves for the quest! And don't forget that a Necromancer was mentioned in the book. Which is Sauron BTW, lightning bolts anyone?

And Corsato...as for your last comment...I never said that my second vote was random. I honestly felt at the time that Lord Gurgi was trying to cloud the issue...apparently I was the only one! :oops:
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #101 (isolation #5) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:12 am

Post by jediknight »

jaylen wrote: I also dislike the way he seems to be taking ideas from the air and stating them as near fact.
I haven't thrown anything out as "near fact". I'm throwing out ideas and pretty good ones in my mind. Is it too hard to believe that the Ring would play a part in this somewhere? Bilbo uses the Ring MANY TIMES after receiving it to save the party's skins. My only guilt is being overzealous about the material! I'm a huge LOTR's nut! So let me ask some questions...

We apparently have four killing groups. Let's look at the possibilities for cop/doctor from the story. Balin the dwarf (cop?) ...usually the one that played lookout. Bilbo (doc/cop?) ...saved the dwarves more than once but also had the ring which allowed him to scout around when the dwarves were imprisoned in the dungeon at Mirkwood. Elrond (doc)... elven lore says they have excellent druid like healing skills. Gollum's nature suggests paranoid cop to me... does that make me guilty? And the ring made it possible.

And before you suggest that I am pulling stuff outa the air as fact here's a link that might be useful. http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Rampart ... arhob.html There I've done it...I've outed my source! It wouldn't suprise me if the mod used this in crafting this game! It's got alot of insight. Curses to me for plagerizing!
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #103 (isolation #6) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:40 am

Post by jediknight »

oops...yeah I totally missed that about Elrond. Forgot he had been gutted. My bad! They say the memory is the first thing to go! LOL
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #105 (isolation #7) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 6:51 am

Post by jediknight »

Wow...I feel all warm and cuddly...being so wanted! :lol:

But there's quite a few people that haven't even graced us with their presence. If I can get targeted for being overzealous and having too many opinions, why don't we take a look at those that are being suspiciously silent with no opinions?

Djjin, The Silent Speaker (appropriate eh?), Ibanez (who like myself was so anxious to get a place in this game and has now gone silent), Gaspode (who said he would post yesterday but didn't :? ), and dragonmaster (who just plain sounds evil!) Perhaps they were given Bombur who spent the majority of the book unconscious! :P
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #118 (isolation #8) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:12 pm

Post by jediknight »

Well all this cause of my comments about Gollum...yowza!! We got a bunch of gollum haters out there! I am fairly new to this game online (yep call me a newbie!) and am not totally comfortable with knowing when/if to roleclaim. But I am comfortable with one role claim:
I am NOT gollum!!!
Although I am starting to get the feeling that Argoti, Corsato or Yaw might be... They are way to set on downplaying gollum's role in things and painting me evil. And it's working it appears! Gollum could be trying to find Bilbo to get his ring back ie. gaining a night choice of cop or self protection?

I think my problem is that I am over-stimulated by the material. I keep throwing out all these ideas, making myself look suspicious because I am overzealous about the topic. While I think it would cloud the real issue at hand I will roleclaim if discussion suggests that it is necessary. Let me just end by saying that I am pro-town by accident... Confusing yes, but true.
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #123 (isolation #9) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 3:33 pm

Post by jediknight »

Okay... starting Thursday I am going to be absent for a week. I do a teen leadership camp every summer...picture me with 375 teenagers YIKES!!!

Since a good portion of the group seems to be hiding...and Yaw seems to be backpedaling saying this isn't a bandwagon... it's a "conversation starter"...like h-e double hockey sticks (LL for the undeducated!) That makes you more scummy to me. And Yaw also seems to be the one that has the most issues with my continued discussion of Gollum.

I never said Gollum was good...I suggested that he might be a paranoid cop...we got alot of powerful scum roles (scimitars, neck wringing, lightning? :shock: ) And limited possibilities for pro-town roles... (IE. who's the cops and docs for one) But everyone is basing their votes on my gollum considerations apparently! It was only a suggestion!!! We didn't bandwagon our absent players. We don't even seem concerned that they are absent all that much.
Ok... explanation of pro-town by accident without roleclaiming... This is hard! If I target a certain character in the night I protect him. I can only do it once and the method fits the story but I'm not really considered (by story accounts) one of the good guys. I really don't want to say more than that.
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #128 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:17 pm

Post by jediknight »

doh!!!! Geez.... I promised myself I wouldn't be back tonight!

I'm Galion the Butler. If I target Thorin Oakenshield on the same night that he gets targetted by scum then he is basically not at home because he is in the dungeon. Then, apparently I push him down the river like in the book... Never to be targetted again... :cry: So yes...I am a drunken elf that can't tell full casks from empty ones.

Comes in handy if ever Thorin were role claimed late in the game. So there you have it... Do with me what you will.
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #130 (isolation #11) » Tue Jul 20, 2004 5:34 pm

Post by jediknight »

wow...my heads spinning from the semantics of those three wagons. Could you tell me the difference between 'em? Guess I have a lot to learn.

Yeah, thats what I thought too...but being able target any dwarf might have made it too powerful. I don't know. I am only going by what I was told. I thought it was a wicked weak role myself. Perhaps Thorin could shed some more light?

As for never to be targetted again...well...that was my phrase. The rules say you're not supposed to "quote my PM's" which I am not doing. It's most likely true that my turn of phrases are less than polished due to my inexperience. I say again...I got a lot to learn.
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #141 (isolation #12) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 12:55 am

Post by jediknight »

Now this I can't believe! We haven't even heard from everyone and I'm one away from lynch? Nice...and I thought I was the newbie.

So Bilbo is the only one that should have protection? I would imagine that his has something to do with his night choices...and the ring...but apparently I'm the only one that even remembers that the ring WAS in the Hobbit.

Regardless of how things turn out...I'd be looking long and hard at Yaw. He's pushed for this lynch with nothing more to go on than my comments about gollum who I have repeatedly denied being.

Sarcasm is anger's ugly cousin. But I have no clue what kind of role Thorin is...only that I can protect him one time. As for mikehart...who knows what kind of liberty he might take?
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #143 (isolation #13) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:19 am

Post by jediknight »

Oh yeah...Yaw not only pushed for this bandwagon, he also then denied it being a lynch-wagon
Yaw wrote:What we have now is a conversation starter, it is not necessarily a lynch-wagon.
Get's me to like two votes with his rhetoric based only on me throwing out ideas which I will admit was a little overzealous on my part. Perhaps my biggest mistake. Bandwagons the heck outa me. And then backpedals saying:
We're at 10 votes with 13 to lynch. I would much prefer if we don't end this day before everyone has the chance to comment. I didn't expect this bandwagon to be so fast or decisive. Ideally, by the time we go into night, every role should have at least one post. Otherwise, we're just going to run into problems in coming days.
If that's the way you feel why rack up so many negative posts against me until we HAVE heard from everyone else? Guess one good thing will come out of this...I won't have to feel quilty about leaving for a week. :cry:
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #154 (isolation #14) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 8:02 am

Post by jediknight »

So much I would like to say about you Yaw but I guess that I should play nice. It is interesting that you pushed the lynch to its limit and when I made a legitimate complaint about being bandwagoned you got behind slowing it. That's pretty scummy to me.

All I can say is that Galion is my role. Whether you think its lame, weak, or whatever fine. I can only go with what I was told. I agree that being a one shot doctor role for all dwarves would have been much better. But I didn't get to make that decision. It also didn't tell me Thorin's role...just that I could protect him if the conditions were met.

All in all, Yaw and Corsato seem to be the most scummy in my eyes. Or at least you've ran the best classic bandwagon I have ever seen....course I don't have alot of experience to go on!
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #162 (isolation #15) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 1:00 pm

Post by jediknight »

I hate to say this...but nothing is going to change anyone's minds... and it is bad form I suppose in a game as well but I am new and stupid and starting tomorrow I won't be around. Once I get back I will anxiously watch for the conclusion. Plus I kinda wanna see my lynch scene before I leave! I hope my getting bandwagoned is of help to someone! :wink:

So...pull the trigger. After all this is over I wanna know who was responsible for real...you got skills or lucky. I don't think I telegraphed it that bad...or at least what everyone thinks!
And I'm spent...
jediknight
jediknight
Goon
jediknight
Goon
Goon
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #165 (isolation #16) » Wed Jul 21, 2004 4:11 pm

Post by jediknight »

be careful kora...you get noticed for posting too much too! :P
And I'm spent...