Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #31 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:23 am

Post by Twomz »

/confirm

Too bad Tamuz isn't in the game, then we'd have the MBL/MBF and the Twomz/Tamuz thing goin on.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #93 (isolation #1) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by Twomz »

I am here. Lots of action going on while I was at work... I might be a little flaky until Wednesday but I will try to read and post as much as possible.
"It's not a logical inconsistency. B can't be correct because then C would be, but it doesn't go the other way - there's nothing wrong with C being correct. Aside from Twomz saying otherwise." --Mith
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #114 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:23 am

Post by Twomz »

There are 3 reasons to discuss the setup; 1) To eliminate some of the "surprises" that can occur later in the game (like is the 2nd NK a vig, a sk, or a second scum group?), this one leads directly to number 2 as well... 2) To pick out people who might slip out inside information and 3) For statistical purposes (if there are X number of scum left in the town, then we have 2 mislynch/NK cycles before the town defaults a lose).

That being said, a part of me agrees with Guardian, Sir T, and MBF. Even though I think there is too much of a chance that it was just some flavorful fun, this is Day 1... so
Vote: Iammars
. With 13 to lynch, I am not worried about a quicklynch right now anyway ;).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #186 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:27 pm

Post by Twomz »

unvote
Happy B-day Iammars. I just realized something... short of full claiming (or at least, name claiming) there is no real way for Iammars to clear himself of this wagon.

However, I am sure that something else will come up (or I can probably find something from the last few pages). But man... this game is cruising and I have evening work, morning classes, evening work, morning class for the next day and a 1/2, so beyond just reading new posts won't be happening anytime soon >.<
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #206 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:19 am

Post by Twomz »

mikeburnfire wrote:
Twomz wrote: so
anything
beyond just reading new posts won't be happening anytime soon >.<
I hypocritically accuse Twomz of being scum because of this.
Fixed >.> I need to reread my posts better, that didn't make any sense when you quoted it.

But yeah, I just got out of class, and in a little over an hour I have work til 11, then I have class again at 8 tomorrow... after that I should have time to read up better and post better.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #228 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:56 pm

Post by Twomz »

...Wikipedia is no help? ... I almost want to revote Iammars just to find out what his role name is now. Have you tried google or yahoo?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #257 (isolation #6) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:49 am

Post by Twomz »

While I agree that it is conceivable for there to be pirate and ninja town roles, we have to be wary of "Oh, I'm a ninja, but I'm like Robin Hood ninja, I'm really town ;)" and other less stupid tricks.

But I also agree with the notion that we need to wait for a dead pirate, ninja and/or other before we start drawing conclusions. And for the "twist"... there really isn't anything so far that says the scum groups HAVE to be ninjas and pirates... it's just the flavor for the game.

BTW, the conversation me and my friends had said that as long as the battle was on water or a ship a pirate would win, otherwise in towns and wilderness area's it's the ninja that takes the cake (port towns were a tossup).

*Punches self in face for posts lacking content or actual scum hunting and vows to try harder next time.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #263 (isolation #7) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by Twomz »

:( I like playing with DGB, or at least I did before my hiatus. Nothing notably either way in any of the games I've played with her sense.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #347 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Twomz »

I want to be productive and vote for one of the leading bandwagons, but I don't really see where either of them is coming from.

<- dislikes being unproductive.

Could someone from each wagon organize the points against Gorrad and Thesp so that they can respond to them and others can choose easier? I really just don't remember/understand why they are being run up.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #362 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:48 pm

Post by Twomz »

So I tend to read early in the morning and late at night, and at neither time am I at 100% mental capacity >.> And are you really going to hold it against me to miss a couple of posts 15 pages into Day 1?

On to the wagons...

Guardian's thesp case doesn't really do anything for me. I don't see any real reason behind any of the points (which is probably why I didn't remember the post or the points against him).

Claus's Gorrad case however, did catch my attention, especially point #3.

Gorrad could, you say which behaviors that Thesp displayed would be explained by his being scum? Because without anything but 'I finished my reread, if X was scum it would make sense' it looks to me as if you are just trying to cast a vote against the other large bandwagon to save yourself.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #367 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:27 am

Post by Twomz »

Gorrad wrote:Well a lot of his play, especially the ridiculous traps and bandwagons, just doesn't seem like smart play. It sounds like scum trying to look town but not actually doing something that could pay off. His posts are also fairly opportunistic and with weak logic. I frankly expected more from him.
I didn't see the points guardian posted as any of these. When is he trying to look town? When is he being opportunistic?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #369 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:52 am

Post by Twomz »

Iammars said that he wasn't a pirate, but he is unfamiliar with he role so there is a small chance that he is mistaken on that assumption.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #371 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:07 am

Post by Twomz »

cicero wrote: The one thing that is highly disturbing to me is Iammers claim that he can't research his character. With the internet at my disposal there is practically NOTHING I cant become familiar with in a few hours. I simply do not believe that he can't figure out his flavor unless Stoofer made it up out of whole cloth.
Yeah, I did a double take when he said he couldn't find it on wikipedia. Made me want to lynch him just to see who he was.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #435 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:02 pm

Post by Twomz »

Way too many posts for Day 1. I don't know if I can do college and this game... *bangs head on table. Maybe after I get my homework done tomorrow I'll be able to reread and comprehend what is going on.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #446 (isolation #14) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 4:49 am

Post by Twomz »

Vote: Gorrad
for reasons in previous posts, and after reading thesps rebuttal, it appears as if he is attempting to strawman thesp to save his own butt (at least, to my caffeine deprived brain).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #456 (isolation #15) » Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Twomz »

TSQ wrote:Twomz, I am getting more and more suspicious of you. Every time you've posted in this thread its about how the game is giving you a headache and you don't feel like you're actually producing anything. This is true, you're not producing anything. I feel like it's almost become a smoke shield that you're using to avoid posting content. And for someone who has not added particularly anything to the day thusfar, I expect better than a one sentence blip about an argument that has already been made as an excuse to vote the player with the most number of votes.
If you've played with me before you know that I am like this every game for the first day or so. But, I put my vote on Gorrad over Thesp because I believe there is more merit in the case against Gorrad than there is against Thesp (as I have pointed out in my posts).

PS: I have found that I am more likely to post actual content with people attacking me for not posting content, that is why it doesn't bother me that much anymore (I guess I post better under pressure or something, or that I don't ever post better and I am just telling myself that so that I don't cry myself to sleep from a feeling of inadequacy).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #501 (isolation #16) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:54 am

Post by Twomz »

I would have preferred a previgging claim, but eh, what's done is done. Maybe you don't get a dayvig today because you were rezzed?

How about instead of mass pirate/ninja/other claiming, if you are a pirate or ninja (protown) just say so. It will help your credibility later on and will stop scum from saying later on, "oh, yeah X is right I'm a ninja, but I'm a GOOD ninja" (DGB was pirate finder, I'm assuming there's a ninja tracker somewhere around here).

I guess we need to wait for MBL to hear back from the mod about his vigging situation.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #535 (isolation #17) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:40 pm

Post by Twomz »

TSQ: A quick refresher on how to play a game with me. If you think my posting is scummy, I am town. If I live until the endgame with no real wagon on me, I'm scum. Reference of a game I was scum in: cultural revolution mafia http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3053. Town: Mafiascum Mafia Mafia http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2868.

To be honest, those are always the two games I think of when I think of living on to the end of a game.

unvote
before I forget. My opinion on Gorrad's claim has already been expressed by others (tmi).

PS: The correct spelling of Twomz is MM. >.>
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #537 (isolation #18) » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:54 pm

Post by Twomz »

cicero wrote:Um... in the name of Mafia 69... Thanks?
:lol: That game is a special case cicero. It's ongoing so I can't talk about it right now. But I'll explain it to you in a PM when it's over.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #553 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:45 pm

Post by Twomz »

Who says I've contributed anything? I want quotes...
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #563 (isolation #20) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:10 am

Post by Twomz »

Pfft @ Gorrad/Hasdgfas: Because you know, everyone always contributes so much on Day 1. I consider myself uncontributional until I either start a proper bandwagon, help pick out a scum or figure out some big important fact about the game. And y'all aren't 'confirmed' innocents until one of you gets killed.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #586 (isolation #21) » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:16 am

Post by Twomz »

@ MBL: I am not saying Gorrad/Hasdgfas are scum. I am saying that in my mind for them to be 'confirmed' we have to have some sort of evidence besides their word (if they really are masons, their death is an eventuality so it will become apparent eventually, barring extreme WIFOM).

@ Cicero: If I am free tonight I'll do as good of a read through as I can... if not I will try to get it done Saturday.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #607 (isolation #22) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:03 am

Post by Twomz »

UA wrote:Happy birthday Erg0
/bandwagon

@ MBF: Care to elaborate beyond you "wouldn't mind killing [me] today"?

@ TSQ:
TSQ wrote:Twomz, I am getting more and more suspicious of you. Every time you've posted in this thread its about how the game is giving you a headache and you don't feel like you're actually producing anything. This is true, you're not producing anything. I feel like it's almost become a smoke shield that you're using to avoid posting content. And for someone who has not added particularly anything to the day thusfar, I expect better than a one sentence blip about an argument that has already been made as an excuse to vote the player with the most number of votes.
I posted/am posting the way I did/am because the alternative is not posting at all. I prefer letting it be known that I am trying to contribute and failing as opposed to looking like I am trying to slip under the radar. The content/contributions will come in thread when I can reason them out. And what is wrong with agreeing with someone else's arguments to vote for someone? Are you saying that every time I vote I have to come up with a reason that no one has thought of? Are you fucking insane? And where does that leave people like K-scope, who not only doesn't come up with original reasons, but doesn't give any reasons at all?
Twomz, the only person I have ever actually seen that meta work on was creampuffeater.
Well, those are 2 of the 3 patterns I can remember, where the other one is I am almost always lynched Day 1 as doctor (or at least forced to claim). It is to the point where i am surprised when I doesn't happen in a game (for all 3 patterns). I wish I could give more examples, but my completed large games are all old and forgotten by me and others.

Are there any points that I missed? Being tied at 2 votes with everyone is annoying, we need to consolidate some of these baseless votes... I doubt I'll have much free time tonight, but I should have plenty of time for a re-read (good god, 25 pages on Day 1 and with no one even 1/2 way to a lynch yet) tomorrow.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #623 (isolation #23) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Post by Twomz »

Iammars wrote: Now, how can you agree with SirT and MBF? They didn't say anything, they just hopped onto the bandwagon.
I think there may have been one point in the game where I agreed with MBF... but I don't remember ever agreeing with Sir T. I'll see if I can find what you're talking about though :? .
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #624 (isolation #24) » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:18 pm

Post by Twomz »

Wait, you meant that bandwagon that I was on until you posted then I got off over 15 pages ago? Have you caught up on reading yet? Here I was thinking later on in the day, like when I voted for Gorrad.

BTW, I am assuming that this is the post you are referring to?
Twomz wrote:<snip>

That being said, a part of me agrees with Guardian, Sir T, and MBF. Even though I think there is too much of a chance that it was just some flavorful fun, this is Day 1... so
Vote: Iammars
. With 13 to lynch, I am not worried about a quicklynch right now anyway ;).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #629 (isolation #25) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:54 am

Post by Twomz »

Kison wrote: Question for Twomz : Despite being limited on time, you have managed to keep up with the game to an extent. Has anything in particular struck you as odd & suspicious?
I have been able to, for the most part, keep up with the thread, but there has been little time to read over or to take in the longer posts. If something had struck me as suspicious, I would have pointed it out as soon as I saw it (regardless of how silly it was). I don't filter my posts unless it's because pointing something out or saying something would hurt the town more than help, personal survival is pretty low on my to do list in a mafia game (finding scum is at the top, even though most people don't believe me when I say it).

I have a couple of things to do, then I should be able to do a reread this afternoon. I just have to get all my stuff done before my girlfriend gets done with her band stuff, or else there's no way she'll let me sit here for an hour to do it >.<
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #635 (isolation #26) » Sat Feb 02, 2008 6:15 pm

Post by Twomz »

So, earlier I started a reread... I got a little less than 1/2 way through cicero's posts and I could no longer take it. Seriously guys, it's day 1. We don't need autobiography's we just need pressure people and see their reactions.

One thing I did manage to notice is the shotgun effect of the votes in this game. We have less than 2 weeks to get THIRTEEN votes on a player, and the record right now is... four.

I'll even volunteer to go first. That's right, vote for me like I just claimed cop in a mountainous game. Let's just do something besides bicker back and forth without doing anything... it's freaken Day 1.

Vote: KaleiÐoscøpe
for no apparent reason other than I always think he's scum for not saying why he votes and never ever posting any content that I can remember.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #655 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:06 am

Post by Twomz »

According to rule #5, it would be much easier to lynch if all the 1 of voters would unvote.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #664 (isolation #28) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:34 am

Post by Twomz »

I've been swapped with a lot of people, congratz on a first for Mgm though.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #670 (isolation #29) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 9:59 am

Post by Twomz »

"asscum" - Thesp's newest title.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #696 (isolation #30) » Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:28 pm

Post by Twomz »

[quote="cicero"][quote="The Fonz"][quote="Twomz"]

Vote: KaleiÐoscøpe
for no apparent reason other than I always think he's scum for not saying why he votes and never ever posting any content that I can remember.[/quote]

I'm really not comfortable with wagonning someone for something you admit he 'always' does. I don't think Kscope is one of those players whose very existence is town-threatening, and I don't think two weeks to deadline is a reason to lynch just anybody.[/quote]

OK, Fonz and everyone. I want to take a second to address this. In one of my many games, which shall all remain nameless, I am currently at the end. I am in the interesting position of getting to choose who dies because I'm confirmed town. My choice will end the game. Three other players remain. One of them will be dead in the morning. Two of them really havent said shit the whole game. Nothing. And they made it to endgame. This means that I may have to choose between two blank teflon slates. OR between one very active player and one blank slate. Either way, I would be in a much better position if I had some actual play to review before I make my call. But I don't.

And that is why letting day one lurkers live is bad. There is never going to be a better time to swat them, I don't think. There will always be some super scummy player that takes the focus. Then the lurkers just keep on livin' until you're one of the last townies alive and you're swinging at the pinata with your blindfold on. I know you dont get as much info on day one but you trade it for more info at end-game.

So that's my take. What's your advice? When do we swat these corner dwellers? What is the appropriate time and manner for dealing with them?

Just curious.[/quote]

And guess who that active (and extremely protown if I do say so myself... which I do) player is?

(hint: It's me)

PS: Stop referencing ongoing games Cicero.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #711 (isolation #31) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:15 am

Post by Twomz »

"Twomz MIGHT NOT be a mason..."

L2read plz.

Iammars: 2 (Sir Tornado,
Claus
)
Gorrad: 2 (Flameaxe, The Fonz)
Twomz: 1 (KaleiÐoscøpe)
cicero: 1 (UltimaAvalon)
Rosso Carne: 1 (Kison)
mikeburnfire: 1 (JordanA24)
JordanA24: 1 (MrBuddyLee)

If all these people unvote, it will be 6 to lynch.
Fos: Flameaxe and The Fonz
because I agree with MBF.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #728 (isolation #32) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Twomz »

@ KaleiÐoscøpe: I never claimed mason. He was saying that I wasn't as confirmed as the supposed masons were, but 1 vote wasn't going to get my lynched (unless EVERYONE else unvoted).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #784 (isolation #33) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:31 pm

Post by Twomz »

Wow, I go to work for a couple of hours and the thread explodes.

I'm not sure what I want to do with the rest of the day. A part of me (the part that enjoys fun games) wants to continue to run up K-scope, because the likelihood that he will do anything besides make one line posts and vote people for no apparent reason is low. But, another part of me knows that this is what he always does, and that a WHOLE lot of people jumped on this wagon for very little reason. I know it kinda started snowballing after my vote, and that I have supported it up to now... but I was kinda hoping for some content from my vote, not just a "oh, lurker lynch lolz" wagon.

At least we can look back on this wagon cause there are probably several people from multiple scum groups on the wagon right now, even if at first glance it appears as if 1/2 the people on the wagon are either confirmed or not really being considered right now.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #805 (isolation #34) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Post by Twomz »

Gorrad wrote:
Twomz wrote:at first glance it appears as if 1/2 the people on the wagon are either confirmed or not really being considered right now.
Can you be more specific?
Fritzler was the original vote on k-scope, and although he hasn't been posting as much as I am used to him posting, it is pretty much a given that a public resurrector would be a protown role (the fact that it is public and supposedly for just one day negated cult).

hasgdfas is one of the masony dudes.

MBL was on the wagon, and he is protown def.

I know I'm town, and Cicero and Claus have been giving me pretty protown vibes... that just leaves thesp, TSQ and Rosso and if anybody that has voted for k-scope but is missing from the post counts I've seen.

Also, if anyone noticed someone pushing the K-scope wagon without voting... pointing that out would probably be a good idea.

But, I doubt we're gonna get a solid day 1 wagon based on scum tells and logic today. It'll probably be a mad wagon rush/claim fest trying to ensure that there is not a no lynch, but that we don't lynch believable power role claims.

And you people that are just throwing insults back and forth need to grow up. There's a level when it's funny, and then there's a level when it's just childish and retarded.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #825 (isolation #35) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:40 pm

Post by Twomz »

@ TSQ: ? What about my post higher up on the page answering Gorrad's question? I'm sorry if only posting once or twice a day means posting every 2-3 pages... geez.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #828 (isolation #36) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Post by Twomz »

Thestatusquo wrote:Twomz, rate your own "Signal to noise" ration since I stopped voting you, and tell me what you come up with.
No idea wtf you're talking about... please explain what "signal to noise" means... because to me it sounds like a signal to make noise or something... and ration? I don't even know what to think about that sentence.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #836 (isolation #37) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 2:17 am

Post by Twomz »

@ TSQ: Low, as I've said before. What is your point?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #873 (isolation #38) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 6:24 pm

Post by Twomz »

@ TSQ: That's a very masculine avi you have there sir ;).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #894 (isolation #39) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:20 am

Post by Twomz »

I have a question, is everyone a one of from their respective books/movies/w/e? Or are there going to be little knots of people that share the same origin?

unvote
I agree with the doubt that he will live to the endgame with his role, if he is telling the truth.

My gut tells me right now to believe Guardian. So I will
vote: Rosso Carne
for a competing bandwagon. He has posted so little that there is nothing I can really use as evidence beyond what has already been said (hypocrisy on the k-scope wagon).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #905 (isolation #40) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Twomz »

Skruffs: It's a question, why does it have to directly involve me?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #934 (isolation #41) » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by Twomz »

A game with 26 players and 2+ scum groups? I'd say 4 or 5 investigative roles + docs and vigs. But, that's all just guesswork and we won't be nailing down any numbers until much later in the game.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #995 (isolation #42) » Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:49 pm

Post by Twomz »

I believe that is 12 votes for Rosso. Are we gonna just hammer him, or are we actually gonna wait for a claim and no lynch if it is good (or, wagon someone else, but I dunno how in the heck we'd pull that off).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1017 (isolation #43) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:55 am

Post by Twomz »

I am willing to wait on guardian.

So, Ooba, how are you feeling?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1045 (isolation #44) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:05 am

Post by Twomz »

All right, since Guardian isn't gonna post his faked results, I might as well come out with my possibly game changing results.

Hello everyone, my name is Bilbo Baggins, and I have this nifty little sword called Sting, that whenever I get close to a goblin (which bothers me, because it was orcs in LotR) it glows blue. Since Guardian claimed to be my nephews good friend Sam, I decided to have a look... guess what, he wasn't Sam, he was a Goblin.

When the game started I wasn't sure if I should bring out the fact that I was a Goblin finder or not, mainly because I didn't know what to make of the role myself. Since it appears as if the two main scum groups are indeed ninjas and pirates, I'm not exactly sure where goblins fit into the game... but, I do know that Guardian lied about who he was, when there was no real reason for him to (saying he's a goblin who can follow people shouldn't have brought up suspicions against him unless he was a SK or part of a scum group and thought that some people might know that he was scum).

So, in conclusion, Guardian lied about his role when the only real reason for him to do so would have been if he was scum in some way. So
vote: Guardian

BTW, I got a not goblin on Fritz for my first action, I always check him because I usually auto-trust him for being awesome /shrug.

PS: My thought on the goblins is that maybe some of each scum group is a goblin (goblin pirates are believable to me... dunno about goblin ninjas though) or that it's a third scum group, although the kills so far mess with that theory.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1054 (isolation #45) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:31 am

Post by Twomz »

@ Guardian: Seriously man, I didn't know what to think either. For a while I thought there weren't even any goblins in the game... until you claimed someone from LotR and the result was Goblin /shrug.

From my perspective all I can see is that you lied and are still lying about it. If I do turn out to be some sort of insane cop or w/e then I'll curl up in a corner and die, but the pieces fall into place too well for that.

And the tracker claim doesn't make sense for a neutral survival role unless you can actually track. So I'm assuming you are really a Goblin who can track? Or are you just going by a scum groups night targets and guessing at results to try to get players lynched? Either way, revealing the result now is better than later because it makes the result more authentic (the longer you wait the more info you have for a fake result).

@ Everyone: No quicklynching :glare: there is still plenty to talk about.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1113 (isolation #46) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:53 pm

Post by Twomz »

Um... why would there be a Goblin miller if there are 2 or 3 scum factions and 2 or 3 separate investigative roles, one for each? It doesn't make much sense to me.

Guardian, lynching you gets us the most information regardless of alignment. If you are scum, it confirms that there are goblins in the game, confirms me and there is one less scum. If you are town, then I know my role is a crock (or someone else is messing with it), we know ergo is scum, and we confirm that the two scum groups are ninjas and pirates with little to no goblininess going on.

What's the vote count at? It's 12 to lynch right?

It appears as if there is a good bit of discussion going on about the results that have been revealed from last night... but is there anything else we need to talk about? Like, carryover from yesterday?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1152 (isolation #47) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:33 am

Post by Twomz »

I'm assuming that Thok's ability was a bodyguard ability and that the last Goblin targeted me.

I know that Skruffs is not a goblin /shrug. Since I'm probably dead tonight, that'll be the last of the "finders" alive. I suppose I can understand the last goblin taking his survival as more important than killing scum, but w/e.

So, we kill Ergo today... and maybe Thesp? Regardless, there is no secret information from the scum right now, the ninja's missing kill was Kscope, and the Goblins we know is most likely Ergo.

So I'll
vote: Ergo
. And I'll see what I can do about the other stuff later.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1156 (isolation #48) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:21 am

Post by Twomz »

MrBuddyLee wrote:
ooba wrote:And i've also noticed that we've started to talk about the lone goblin or the last goblin (including myself) - All we have to back that up is the word of a dying scum for whom lying about the size about his group is in his best interests. (This has happened in the NoXKill i played in - one scum was outed and he continuously kept claiming 2 scum in his group while there were actually 3)
If, as the 3rd goblin, you'd like to no-kill for the next few nights to conceal your presence, that'd be just fine with the rest of us.
Agreed.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1162 (isolation #49) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:50 am

Post by Twomz »

Since there is limited cross killing, 3 groups of 3 is plausible... but still kinda a fast game huh (with 4 kill attempts each night til MBL or a scum group is gone).

But, taking into account the way the cops that have been revealed so far work, there shouldn't be any Godfathers... and nothing has really pointed out a roleblocker or daykilling scum. So, if we have 3 groups of 3 goons that can crosskill after one shot, then that seems fair. Or there could be 2 groups of 3 goons and a group of a goon and a guy with an ability. 2 goons and a guy with an ability... I dunno about that... but if it's true than it's very possible it's still 3 groups of 3.

Either way, I think there is more evidence of a Ergo scum than of Thesp scum. But there is still evidence of a Thesp scummage. It would be nice to drop off a scum group this early in the game (hint hint).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1164 (isolation #50) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Twomz »

Erg0 wrote:
The Fonz wrote:Personally, I'm vacillating on Guardian/Erg0. It makes sense for guardian to finger a non-buddy as scum whether or not it's actually true. But the whole 'Moses coming down from the mountain' schtick Guardian seemed to be pulling at the beginning of yesterday makes me think he was planning to announce an incriminating result, which makes me think Erg0scum is more likely.
I'll note that the "incriminating result" was based on something that Guardian had absolutely no way of knowing. Even if he'd found out I was scum, there would only have been a 50% chance that his claimed result would be correct.
What 50% chance? And do you agree that the best plan of action for Guardian would be to give out as much information on other scum groups as possible to help take pressure off his buddy(ies)?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1173 (isolation #51) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Twomz »

Because Stoofer wanted to make it obvious that two people targeted Gandalf?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1199 (isolation #52) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:16 pm

Post by Twomz »

unvote

We do know one thing, Ergo probably isn't a Goblin and he was most likely the goblin's night target. But I agree that we should let the Goblin's kill him if they want.

So Thesp is probably a ninja? I can believe that, but what if Mgm just had a feeling about him and figured he would be lynched soon so he didn't target him?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1204 (isolation #53) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:02 am

Post by Twomz »

...Why do you think I am a ninja?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1259 (isolation #54) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:47 pm

Post by Twomz »

IMO, Thesp targets Ergo today... two birds with one stone or whatnot.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1285 (isolation #55) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:46 am

Post by Twomz »

The whole point for a scum for making a fakeclaim like Thesp's is to stall. If we force him to use it today it negates that advantage for him if he is scum. If he is town, then it at least confirms his role and displays his willingness to follow the town.

Vote: Ergo
I would like a claim good sir... because it would help with the decisions for today.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1302 (isolation #56) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:47 am

Post by Twomz »

MBL wrote:ppps. To those blindly trusting Twomz's roleclaim, do you really think Stoof would have put 8 no-brainer confirmable roles in the game? 3 Protectors, 3 Finders, 1 Vig, 1 Resurrector! Surely at least one is scum?!
This is a good point... but the resurrector was confirmed because he DIED after using his ability, and it is more likely that there are 6 balanced cop/docs vs 3 groups of scum with limited crosskillings than that the 4th killer is a SK instead of a vig... but that last one wasn't true so meh.

But seriously, just me and the Pirate Protector left? On day 3? WTF?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1305 (isolation #57) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:32 pm

Post by Twomz »

Henry Winkler wrote:If the suggestion is that 'Goblin Finder' is a safeclaim, well, Guardian clearly didn't get a safeclaim that good- why would anyone else?
This is an important note... that Guardian did in fact get not one, but two safeclaims. 18 safeclaims are in the game... or are they shared between scum buddies?

I also agree with Iammars about the brokenness of a day stopping dayvig in the scums hands. If what we have heard about Thesp's claim is true... then it's a pretty good indication of his alignment. Then again, he has to use it for us to know if it is true or not.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1317 (isolation #58) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:17 am

Post by Twomz »

Step 1: Ergo claims
Step 2: Town discusses claim
Step 3: Thesp vigs Ergo or other scummy player?
Step 4: ?
Step 5: Profit
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1359 (isolation #59) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Twomz »

I agree with the Thesp vig Ergo theorem. But... if Thesp CAN'T Dayvig... what is our course of action? Lynch Ergo today and thesp tomorrow? Or lynch thesp today and ergo tomorrow? Or let the goblins finish ergo off?
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1363 (isolation #60) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:30 pm

Post by Twomz »

Yes Skruffs, I'm a Goblin. I not only hardcore bussed my scumbuddy (who had a strong roleclaim and was revealing information that would have lead to the lynching of a possible rival scum), but I revealed our 3rd scum group to the town, because I didn't think it was fair that all the townies didn't know about it.[/sarcasm]

Although this game is large, with 3 scum groups, I don't think it's big enough for a cult.
The Fonz wrote:Lynch one, have MBL vig the other.
Only if Thesp refuses to vig Ergo.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1398 (isolation #61) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:46 am

Post by Twomz »

I agree with Cicero on the point that if you claim to be able to "prove" your ability, then put off proving it... it's very scummy.

I am willing to run up Thesp today if he doesn't use his Dayvig. We can let the goblins get Ergo, or get him tomorrow.

unvote, vote: Thesp

(Man, I'm just jumping back and forth today >.<).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1399 (isolation #62) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Twomz »

Sorry for double post, just noticed Iammar's post.

Wow... FOUR scumgroups? Or is Iammars ergo's buddy? This throws all my logic out the window :(.

I'm really confused now
unvote
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1425 (isolation #63) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 8:40 pm

Post by Twomz »

Why don't we wait to see if there is indeed a cult? Besides, Buffy would be more like recruitment immune townie, that isn't told so that he/she won't be able to tip off the town that there's a cult?

BUT WHY WOULD THERE BE A CULT WITH THREE SCUM GROUPS?!?!?!?!?!?

ARRRRGGGGG!!!!
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1437 (isolation #64) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:25 pm

Post by Twomz »

It is also worth noting that both of Guardians fakeclaims somehow connected with a protown role that was against his faction. Me and Sam both being LotR and Gandalf and Ron both being wizards.

Although this is a mildly week point, and if it were true, it would mean that Ergo wasn't just scum, but was probably a vampire.... /shrug.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1456 (isolation #65) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:13 pm

Post by Twomz »

I, Jake Bartlett Williams, want to kill all pirates, ninjas, and goblins, and want the town to win. Amen.

I even put my real name to make it special. I'm assuming this is some sort of ability, but I doubt it will end up affecting me all that much since I'm probably dead tonight /shrug.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1457 (isolation #66) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:15 pm

Post by Twomz »

Oh, and on the neutral thing...

There aren't any Neutral Neutral roles, but there are Chaotic Neutral (Jester, SK, ect) and Lawful Neutral (unNKable survivor, um... other "good" nontown roles?).
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1491 (isolation #67) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Twomz »

To me, Thesp not vigging today == Thesp is lying about his role ability. The only reason for that is if he's scum that wanted to wait a few days before he is lynched. But, to be blunt... Thesp, if you don't use your ability today, you are probably not going to get a chance to use it at all. I know caution is a good policy... but stalling is not.
vote: Thesp
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1493 (isolation #68) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:15 am

Post by Twomz »

Usually when it gets to the point where scum equal or outnumber town, they win. So, abilities are pretty useless at that point, or else it would be much harder for scum to win.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1514 (isolation #69) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:52 pm

Post by Twomz »

Yes, but the day would end... oh, for vigging purposes. I just hope I am here tomorrow :(. If not, gg y'all.
Twomz
Twomz
Cliqued On
Twomz
Cliqued On
Cliqued On

Post Post #1993 (isolation #70) » Fri May 09, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by Twomz »

Mr Stoofer wrote:
ooba wrote:And i think you should have made the scum groups a bit more different i.e maybe removed a goblin finder for the town and had it as a 2 member scum group. A bit of differentiation
Yeah, that is my one real regret about this setup.
But that's all the use the town got out of me :(.

GG, and gj on setup mod :D.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”