got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

vote: Werebear
why? because i've been waiting several years to do so =p
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:07 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

wow, um, let's not bandwagon the guy who doesn't have his role yet? some people have real lives, it's been like 2 days, give him another day or so then let him get replaced. patience young ones. patience. oh, also
unvote, Vote the eternal newb
for beginng the bandwagon on the easiest most defenseless target perhaps trying to spark a pointless early roleclaim to find more information.

p.s. Werebear is still scum, don't let his wily ways convince you otherwise ;p
"Plato is a lot of fun. It comes in many colors. You can put it through the plato fun factory, and make spaghetti out of it. You shouldn't eat it, but if you do, your poop turns different colors."
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:42 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

The Eternal Newb wrote:Well, at the time I voted, he wasn't likely to get replaced; there were two people who needed replacing and only one replacer.
oh, that's much less scummy 'yeah, this guy won't even have a chance to fight, let's just take a stab in the dark and kill him. hope he's not a doctor.... whoops.'
on another note, voting for yourself to try and say that my argument sucks is dumb.

Also, whoever told you that there are 'definite' scumtells was lying, but I do like the current activity level of the game, doesn't provide a place for lurkers, enough activity for tells, but we can't go so fast as to be halfway to a lynch without having a legitimate discussion. we don't want to have to push RCs onto people too fast.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #32 (isolation #3) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:00 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

also, sorry for the double, but ceph has me voting for werebear and TEN, my vote is no longer on 'bear.

Fixed.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #38 (isolation #4) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:36 am

Post by bigbenwd »

i'm saying killing an inactive is bad because you're looking to kill someone wh can't even defend themselves. we know nothing about this player, and at this point in the game it's MUCH more likely that the player will be pro-town than pro-scum, unless this is a game in which there's more scum than town? I feel like that's a bit out of the ordinary though. he won't just pop back in durng endgame, he'll get replaced at worse, and yes, it amy take a few days. oh no. i'd rather wait for a few days than risk killing a very likely pro town player, so if that counts as scummy, sign me up as being scum. those damn scum and trying to protect the town, who do they think they are?

IF he shows up and stil isn't posting, then yes, that's scumy and he deserves to be looked at, but the guy isn't even here yet.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #40 (isolation #5) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:59 am

Post by bigbenwd »

there's this cool thread in the queue where more people can sign up, i'm sure you've been there, it's a fun place where replacements come from.

also, I agree, anyone we lynch day one is more likely to be pro town hich is why a stab in the dark is just plain dumb, we need to be able to make at least an educated decision
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #46 (isolation #6) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:39 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

The Eternal Newb wrote:I have never seen a day one "educated decision" turn up scum.

I have seen random lynches turn up scum on day one though.
how long you been here again? play more games and tell me that you can't get scum pinned day one. I'll never forget the game where Jepp predicted 3/4 scum after one page of 'random' votes, it was incredible. now i'm not saying i'm as good as JEEP, never have been never will be. however, it's definately possible to get an educated decision day one, don't ever think otherwise, then you'll just go lynching willy-nilly and lose.

also, way to meta-game me pinning me as an excitable person even though I haven't played here for about 3 years, and who the hell is superfly?

tEN is spouting random theories based on nothing out his ass while my only reason for voting him is that he started a bandwagon on a defensless player precisely because he was defenseless. if not scummy, that's just a horrible idea.

anywho, that's my two cents, i'm gonna take the backseat and see what you quiet people have to say about all this.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

until you have a REASON to be suspicious of JDGA, then my vote is still on you, and the fact you're still pushing it is a little ludicrous to me. Mafia IS a reasoning game, right? I'm not wrong on that assumption am I?

the fact that you're also not satisfied with putting 4 people on the chopping block and are hunting for a fifth on day one page three, with little reasoning behind any of your suspicions except me is crazy too, but hey, everyone plays their games differently, but my advice to you to stop looking like a bloodthirsty lynchmonger: slowwwwww dowwwwnnnnn.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #58 (isolation #8) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:09 am

Post by bigbenwd »

lots of people shamelessly bandwagon day one to put pressure on, I don't like to, and tarth is suspicious to me because of that, but choosing who to bandwagon lies on the person who places the second vote. choosing someone who's defenseless is stupid. especially if your reason is BECAUSE he's defenseless. i'm not ruling out tarth, i've not commented at all on tarth, because what you've proposed (lynch the inactive) and somehow still support as logical is just plain dumb and anti-town.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #67 (isolation #9) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:08 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

i'm sot sure i'm convinced by your dislike of serous, tar. I agree that it is slightly odd, but I think that he wasn't trying to say we shouldn't be posting our thoughts, jsut that we shouldn't let runaway bandwagons on inactive people take place. I see your point on why you're voting him, I just don't think it's strong enough to be called a definite scumtell, though it is slightly disconcerting.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #70 (isolation #10) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:23 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

why?
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #75 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:06 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

sounds about right pyaar.

spring, I know he wasn't close to being lynched, i'm voting tEN simply because he endorses lynching an inactive. that's just plain dumb playing, and as a townie I don't want someone with a vote like that running around trying to lynch everyone that crosses his path (4 or 5 suspects in 2 pages? really?)
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #92 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

The Eternal Newb wrote:Honestly speaking, my entire strategy consists of "say stupid shit and see who responds to stupid shit how."
you're right then, me calling out your stupid shit as stupid shit probably makes me scum, my bad. i'll let you do more stupid shit in the future. also, you were defending this stupid shit pretty adamantly if you truly thought it was stupid. my vote stays on you, even though I like werebear's idea of spotlighting alea, the way you're playing is just straight scum.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #94 (isolation #13) » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

The Eternal Newb wrote:
bigbenwd wrote:(4 or 5 suspects in 2 pages? really?)
How many suspects did this "Jeep" have?
Jeep is also basically the equivalent of a Mafia savant. Until you back up your reasons with more than 'i play from the gut... as a townie! don't forget i'm just being a good ol townie!' you don't get to say you can pin down 5 people in 3 pages and they'll all be right. because so far I have yet to see anything from you that warrants merit as a townie and a lot that warrant merit as scum.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #102 (isolation #14) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:08 am

Post by bigbenwd »

dude, you seem to think this is like other sites, this is nothing like RL, and contrary to other sites, people here know how to play, so you're going to get called out on your 'stupid shit'. ESPECIALLY when you contradict yourself by calling it stupid after you spend 2 paged adamantly defending it. is it possible you're not scum? yeah. are you playing like it? not at all.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #104 (isolation #15) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:12 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

yeah, seriously, not it sees much more to be "lurker's actually just not here providing us with very little information about anything and slowing down the game" :/
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #110 (isolation #16) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

actually it's 5, someone just unvoted. also, just because he's active doesn't mean he's not scum.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #111 (isolation #17) » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:54 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

fos: noah hanson, because all he's done so far is bandwagon hop and lurk 'waiting for more to happen' it's page what 5? enough's happened.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #133 (isolation #18) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:27 am

Post by bigbenwd »

wow, the fact that tEN just voted himself solidified him on the chopping block for me today. it's either him being scum and his last ditch effort 'lookit me, I love the town so much i'll DIE for it!' or just a townie playing like an idiot, I won't be voting anyone else today.

noah, this is a different site and it has to be played differently, I see your point that we don't KNOW anything yet, however, much moreso than a 24 hour day/night cycle game, it's a very logc and discussion based game. that's what I really enjoy about it is that we don't know anything today, except what we try to deduce from other's words. it sucks that you got lynched when you were active, and it happens, but if you were a town and you helped the town while you were alive, then you did your part that game. what it boils down to is contributions help. and make you appear less scummy than chillin in the background doing nothing except bandwagon jumping.

in ohter news, tEN is still scum or dumb, can we lynch him now?
confirm Vote: The Eterenal Newb

I have a few ore ideas floating around, but I think i'm gonna let the simmer for a few days, see if they lead to anything.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #134 (isolation #19) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:29 am

Post by bigbenwd »

Wizardcat wrote:
Vote: The Eternal Newb

Kittens are displeased by your continued existence.

for the record, that's wizardcat's only post in the thread, jsut putting that out there.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #139 (isolation #20) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:38 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

spring, aggressiveness has nothing to do with scumminess. just because you're evil in game doesn't mean you're going to play evil. you could have the nicest, kindest guy ever in-game who respects everyone and is very polite shoot you in the face at night and come in the same polite way the next day. also, i'm not pushing the lynch on tEN, well, actually I kinda am, but that's not the point. what is is that I've made up my mind and he's my vote for today, you guys can do whatever y'all want, I realize there is other scummy activity going on, but none so much as tEN.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #147 (isolation #21) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:15 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

what werebear said.

also tar, I would rarely back a lynch this early in a day, but I would rarely want a player this dead this early in a day. we'll get more information in the following days, and as several have pointed out, we're sure to learn a lot from the death of eternal newb here. i'm right there with you in seeing that there's mroe scumy stuff going on, there are lurkers a plenty, and suspicious moves and posts a plenty, but again, they'll be there tommorow too.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #151 (isolation #22) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:31 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

one thing you newer players may want to consider (jesus, this is turning into a newbie tutorial game) is not telling everyone everything you're thinking, and see if they continue to do it so you can build your case later in the game, just throwing that out there.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #153 (isolation #23) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:27 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

no pyaar, lurking is actually not posting and being completely out of contact of the thread, that's what will get you replaced, as discussion is needed to play the game. and perhaps that's wise, look at what happens, make thories and conclusions from that, post them in a few pages, and there you go, that's mafia.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #158 (isolation #24) » Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:09 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

but c'mon serous, his gut is telling you who to lynch next how can you NOT believe that? *rolls eyes*

on another note, why is the time between like midnight and 5 AM the active timespan for this game? lol

/me goes to bed
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #165 (isolation #25) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:13 am

Post by bigbenwd »

I don't think that that feature exists werebear, though it should.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #180 (isolation #26) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:18 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

sounds fair enough to me, but i'd like to ;point out that he's b een given that opportunity a few times and come up with little in the way of evidence. we know that you feel tha they're scummy, we want to know WHY newb.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #183 (isolation #27) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:08 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

no, if he's jester we say good job at being bad (no one can argue he did that) and continue to play for second place. on that note, goodnight all, try not to let werebear maul you tonight =p (totally kidding (no, really, he's scum (not really though (seriously, I have no idea(I wonder how many parentheticals I can have (apparently a lot))))))
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #195 (isolation #28) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:30 am

Post by bigbenwd »

what is a martyr? also, why am I being blessed? not that I mind, i'm just confused lol
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #196 (isolation #29) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:32 am

Post by bigbenwd »

ninja'd by werebear, and I agree with his second point. also tar, I feel like the last lynch vote wasn't too scummy, we all knew it was coming. could there have been more discussion? yes. would he have given us good reasons in the end before we killed him? probably not. so the lynchvote while very slightly scummy I wouldn't post a vote on that.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #197 (isolation #30) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 7:40 am

Post by bigbenwd »

also, because I have nothing else to go on,
vote:werebear
he's always scum. always, even when he's pro town, he's scu on the inside.

P.S. PC ++ FTW! lulz
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #289 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:26 am

Post by bigbenwd »

I remember I had some ideas the other day when I was checking this on my phone, I don't remember what they were though, expect a re-read and legitimate post by tommorow though, sorry for inactivity, I was at a swi meet all weekend, and hadn't the time to devote thought to anything like this.
-Werebear
bigbenwd
bigbenwd
got thread?
bigbenwd
got thread?
got thread?

Post Post #655 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:06 pm

Post by bigbenwd »

hey y'all, I was either training for or at swiming nationals these last like 2 weeks or so, i'll get to reading ASAP.
-Werebear

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”