Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:03 pm

Post by Norinel »

But if people are only going to do unserious things for the sake of starting a discussion, the discussion will kind of by definition be over unserious things, right? Shouldn't we be able to pick out something useful by page 5, OMG killing one or two pages notwithstanding? (I'll definitely take a closer look over the thread so far when I have some more time, at least)
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:32 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

serious discussion will usually arise form unserious discussion. Just look at the prominence of the random voting stage.
I play the games rul gud.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:36 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

Just wondering, who hasn't talked too much yet?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:00 pm

Post by dahen »

GhostWriter wrote: Just wondering, who hasn't talked too much yet?
Well, Oman hasn't responded to my vote. Not that anybody else have either, which I don't understand. Nobody has even accused me of trying to create a wagon or anything.

Am I correct that nobody but me so far has looked at all posts of other players to dig up something that tells their gut that someone looks for scummy than the rest?
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:01 pm

Post by dahen »

EBWODP: that someone looks scummier than the rest?
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:25 pm

Post by XReyoX »

dahen: Ihe reason I haven't comment on your vote is because oman hasn't replied yet. I usually let people explain/ defend for themselves first to see where they're going. As for you, starting a wagon in my opinion is not scummy (unless the points made are ridiculous). Scums usually tend to be those who make excuses to join the wagon. I've read all the post but I'm just poor at digging scumtells out at the beginning of the game.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:28 pm

Post by XReyoX »

GhostWriter wrote:Just wondering, who hasn't talked too much yet?
lalaland?
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:28 pm

Post by Oman »

Watching Underbelling, reading in ads. Will post.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:55 pm

Post by Oman »

dahen wrote:Since Oman has played this game before, I think he should put some more effort in describing towns best strategies from his stand-point.
Unfortunatly, when it comes to claiming, we didn't find an optimal play for claiming. Claims are hard in this game, because powerroles will be NKed and townies will be recruited, so unless the town adds that level of WIFOM (which I was expecting you to rather than follow a preset path), we're in trouble. I expect everyone to take my claims with a grain of salt.
dahen wrote: The strategy that town should claim doc and doc claim town is of course useless after it has been stated.
Thats the delicious WIFOM.
dahen wrote:This question is valid, but the follow-up seems scummily prepared:
You don't explain how it is "scummily prepared" but let me say it this way. He was away from the site. He is not playing as he did in previous town games. That is to be expected. Therefor the conclusion that he is scum is not valid.
dahen wrote: also dislike Blazerunner's plan. That doesn't mean I think he's scum. That vote by you is too easy. It seems like you have been trying to just find a place for your vote and finally had the opportunity.
You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Ask anyone who plays with me regularly, I rarely vote no-one. Espeically early D1, I try to find a wagon (any wagon) that has even the slightest merit in it, then hit it.

I also found Blazerunner's plan to be scummy in that it caused a higher benefit for the scum than for the town.
Blazerunner wrote:We dont lynch first day, second day the cop claims and gives his report, and doctor protects him.
What if there is no doc, or cop for that matter. This was a very scummy plan.
lalaland
lalaland
Townie
lalaland
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:53 am

Post by lalaland »

I haven't posted much...

I do believe that omg's post was innocent enough, and probably a simple mistake that was taken the wrong way.
probably

The thing is, we are not really getting anywhere other than that... he is the best lead we have at this point, IMO. Out of anybody else, he has appeared the most suspicious. For a 'random' Day 1 lynch, which has the annoying habit of the result being a vanilla townie, I don't think it is an altogether bad option.

unvote vote omg_im_innocent_wtf
http://www.conquerclub.com/index.php?ref=81252 ConquerClub.com -- Free online risk game. And there's mafia there, too! [/url]
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:08 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I know that the day 1
votes
are random, but I haven't played with a random day one
lynch
. Usually, there's a slip up somewhere (bigger than the one you're trying to use), and we get someone from that... then again, in a game that hasn't gone much of anywhere...
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 am

Post by XReyoX »

oman:
I'm sorry. I still don't see how it would be beneficial for town to claim doc and doc to claim town. Yup, the existence of a cult means role-claiming would benefit them as well unless the leader is dead. However, i believe the confusion you would cause the town by fake claiming would outweigh the benefit from confusing the scums. In my opinion, your suggestion for doc claiming town and town claiming is an unwise tactic / scumplay.

Also, I'm wondering where this comes from:
Oman wrote:OMG: There is no godfather in this game for sure.
When mod has stated that:

[quote="curiouskarmadogThere are exactly 3 different factions in this game: a Cult (one person to start), a 2 man Mafia team (possibly with power roles), and a T (with 2-4 poweroles).
[/quote]

This, to me, looks like you've either misread the mod's post or you're scum to be so sure.

Dahen: I think his vote on bladerunner is fair though. It doesn't look scummy to me, more like encouraging discussion since blade hasn't got a wagon yet and it's unlikely to build up to a lynch with his vote.
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:28 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

Official Vote Count
(Page 6)

omg_im_innocent_wtf
– 3 (Norinel, Elias_the_thief, lalaland)
Blazerunner
– 2 (XreyoX, Oman)
XreyoX
– 1 (omg_im_innocent_wtf)
Oman
– 1 (dahen)
GSGold
– 1 (Friend of Old)

Not Voting:
Blazerunner, GSGold, militant, GhostWriter

With 12 alive, it's 7 to lynch. 6 is a no lynch.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:36 pm

lalaland wrote:I haven't posted much...

I do believe that omg's post was innocent enough, and probably a simple mistake that was taken the wrong way.
probably

The thing is, we are not really getting anywhere other than that... he is the best lead we have at this point, IMO. Out of anybody else, he has appeared the most suspicious. For a 'random' Day 1 lynch, which has the annoying habit of the result being a vanilla townie, I don't think it is an altogether bad option.

unvote vote omg_im_innocent_wtf
Random lynch is a TERRIBLE idea.
unvote, vote lalaland
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by Oman »

Reyo wrote:I'm sorry. I still don't see how it would be beneficial for town to claim doc and doc to claim town.
My point is that claiming will not work as a strat. Any way you look at it, the only time I can see a claim working is if someone claims townie and we have some sort of cult-doc role, or if someone claims a Power whilst there is no doc yet dead (of course, neither of these roles are guarenteed, so, again, claiming will not work).
Reyo wrote:This, to me, looks like you've either misread the mod's post or you're scum to be so sure.
Sorry its not "For sure there is no godfather" Its "We cannot be sure there is a godfather" i.e. "There is no godfather for certain." when you're reading it as "There is no godfather, for sure."

The Mafia has possible power roles, from a large list (standard ones being: Godfather, RB, Framer, etc).
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:28 pm

less setup speculation, more voting lalaland, please.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:45 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

suggesting that lalaland is scum for that comment is pretty lol imo.

that said, i would like to at least put pressure on someone to see what happens, and lalaland does seem to be lurking.

unvote, vote lalaland
i swear im not mafia
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:46 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

btw lol oman i think everyone misread that post.

i thought you were making a general comment as in 'there is no way that the mod would have put a godfather in this game.
i swear im not mafia
dahen
dahen
Goon
dahen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:08 pm

Post by dahen »

Oman, thanks for your reply.
You haven't commented on my suggested strategy of forbidding claims (except cops with guilty(s)) until a certain point when we mass claim. Isn't that better than trying to mix the proper blend of WIFOM?

omg: How exactly do you feel that you put pressure on someone when you vote her at the same time as saying the vote isn't sound?
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:02 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Oman: None of us (including scums) know whether there is a doc except the doc himself. So someone claiming a powerrole doesn't mean the scum would target him that night, no? I understand that claiming will not always work (in any reasonable setup). I just want to point out that fake claiming make the game easier. So i suggest people should either not claim at all or think not just twice but everything through before deciding to claim.

dahen wrote: omg: How exactly do you feel that you put pressure on someone when you vote her at the same time as saying the vote isn't sound?
At least I think he realize I'm not scum XD
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:24 am

Post by Oman »

dahen wrote:Isn't that better than trying to mix the proper blend of WIFOM?
"Forbidding" claims is a bit much, mostly because I like players to play their own game.

For example, I might have set this all up to claim doctor later when i'm actually a townie. But if I was, why did I just tell the mafia my plan. But I'm smart enough to know the mafia would read that.... You see where I enjoy this.
Elias wrote:Random lynch is a TERRIBLE idea.
unvote, vote lalaland
Jog on! Look at this: lalaland
Townsperson
First red flag
01 Feb 2008
Second red flag.

That is a bad vote. She suggested something that would've been scummy coming from you or me, but fits with a total newbie.

FoS Elias
You should know better.
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:59 am

Post by XReyoX »

lalaland: could you please state why you're voting OMG.. in your post, you said his posts are innocent yet he is the most suspicious. ???
lalaland
lalaland
Townie
lalaland
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:18 am

Post by lalaland »

At this point, we really have nothing to go on. Any lynch is better than no lynch, correct?

I have mafia experience, not a total n00b, but 98% of that is from real life games, in which day one lynch always seems to be "You never paid me the dollar you borrowed from me two weeks ago" as the basis for a lynch.

I have played a few games on Conquer Club {see my sig} and in a current one, Day 1 went to page 40 something before a lynch was decided upon.
Although we are nowhere near close to 40something pages, I am going to try to avoid another one of those occurences.
http://www.conquerclub.com/index.php?ref=81252 ConquerClub.com -- Free online risk game. And there's mafia there, too! [/url]
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:59 am

Oman wrote:
Elias wrote:Random lynch is a TERRIBLE idea.
unvote, vote lalaland
Jog on! Look at this: lalaland
Townsperson
First red flag
01 Feb 2008
Second red flag.

That is a bad vote. She suggested something that would've been scummy coming from you or me, but fits with a total newbie.

FoS Elias
You should know better.
*Sigh*
Oman, you ruin everything. Its called a random wagon in order to create discussion. Thanks to your comment the game will once again grind to a screeching halt.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:38 pm

Post by Oman »

Actually, its because everyone but you posts pressure votes as "THIS IS A PRESSURE VOTE!"

Oh, and OMG said that lalaland was not scummy but voted her "for pressure" I smell teh scumzors.

Unvote Vote OMG

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”