Modding Best Practices: One Player's View

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:04 am

Post by Yaw »

Absolutely agree on 1, 3, and 4.

2 runs into some corner cases (for example, only revealing alignment in games with resurrection abilities) where it's justifiable not to reveal all information in a death post. I'd amend the rule to say that differences from the norm of revealing all info about a player upon death should be made clear in the front post, ideally under a "new rules for this game" type of heading so players will actually read it.

Not sure how I feel about all of 5. Agree completely that notification of prods being sent should be in thread. If a player picks up the PM and doesn't respond to it or post, though...within about 24 hours of that happening, the mod really has to make a decision if this constitutes a choice on the part of the player to lurk, or a choice not to play at all (requiring replacement). I'm not convinced that if it's the former, the mod needs to tell the players, as it would be mod confirmation that the player has chosen to lurk as a strategy. That said, I'm not sure how to get around that entirely. So while I'd agree on prods and replacement requests being public knowledge, I'm not sure about the rest of that one.
Success breeds suspicion

Return to “Mafia Discussion”