Modding Best Practices: One Player's View

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Norinel »

I'll throw my name in there as someone who's modded a few games and agrees with just about everything. The one thing I'm not entirely sure about (Because it's the only one I don't do already) is the nightchoice acknowledgment, since that's

To extend a few of your points... what do people think about the mod editting player posts ever, to answer questions in the special mod formatting, or fix obviously mistaken tags?

I'd also argue that keeping the top post concise is useful, so people who use the "View first post on every page" mod can benefit from it. I do a short flavorful intro, game status, living/dead list with role reveals so far, and stick everything else in posts 1 and 2. Admittedly, I haven't been playing enough recently to know if anyone still does it any differently.
gorkcat wrote:That revives the age old debate of whether lurking is a valid (or acceptable for the health of the metagame) strategy. If a mod will confirm that a prod was sent and when they are looking for replacement players, then it should be deducible when a player is lurking.

If they meet players that far, then let us handle the dirty work or /outing players that don't want to play
Yeah; replacements suck, and doing it for someone who's still around shouldn't have to happen.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”