Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:57 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Reyo and Friend of Old, why are you voting for GS (I know you didnt actually vote yet reyo)?
I play the games rul gud.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:24 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Hello toshiro, what do you think about the game so far.
Hey...You're the first one to have recognised my avatar! Congratz!! ...Sorry but I don't recognise yours :$

Ok, well i've read the game (all 9 pages!) and i've formed some views.

I think Omg is town...Quite strongly too, actually. Didn't like the bandwagon on him at all. GW stood up and defended him when he was being bandwagoned hence I think he is town too.

I think XReyoX is probably town, lots of posting, seems genuine.

I'm liking the GSGold wagon. He has largely lurked (I know he's not the only one guilty) and it felt like he was just bandwagoning on Omg trying to get him lynched cos he'd gathered a few votes.

Blazerunner I think is playing consistent with new-player town views.

Friend of Old I'm not sure about. Liked some of his play like trying to get lurkers to come out and talk, though.

Oman i'm not sure about...He seems to be pretty genuine, and seems to believe strongly that Omg is scum...A direct clash of what i've picked up.

dahen - I liked his post 18. I think he is probably town.

Norinel - Another one i'm finding hard to pick up on.

Lalaland - Lurking, bandwagoning, random lynch supporting...Town!! Seriously...I've seen a game she's in on CC. More often than not it's random lynches day 1 there, and i've seen her play like this and come up town. Not that I approve of that at all, lol. Particularly dislike lurking...

Elias - I think is scum. Seems like he's making poor excuses for votes (lalaland) and as i've already said don't like the Omg case. Getting that general scum feel...

Ofcourse, this leaves only 2 people on my current list, and there are 3, so I need to find a 3rd scum somewhere.

These opinions are probably likely to change as I get a feel for the game.
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Xtoxm is consistently great - Shosin
you were the only wolf i townread at endgame - the worst
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:25 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Aack...Meant this smilie!! :oops:
Smooth as silk when he's scum, and very much capable of running things from behind the scenes while appearing to be doing minimal effort. - Almost50
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:45 pm

Xtoxm wrote: Elias - I think is scum. Seems like he's making poor excuses for votes (lalaland) and as i've already said don't like the Omg case. Getting that general scum feel...
So youre telling me that pressure wagoning is a bad reason to vote someone? Even when I've jumped off every wagon including that one when it got close to a lynch?
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:50 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
Xtoxm wrote: Elias - I think is scum. Seems like he's making poor excuses for votes (lalaland) and as i've already said don't like the Omg case. Getting that general scum feel...
So youre telling me that pressure wagoning is a bad reason to vote someone? Even when I've jumped off every wagon including that one when it got close to a lynch?
That is what i've picked up.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:03 pm

why is pressure wagoning bad.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:05 pm

Post by Xtoxm »

I never said you were pressure wagoning.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:10 pm

but thats why i was voting lalaland. I explained that.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:09 pm

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

Elias - This isnt an fos etc, but i agree that i do get a general vibe from your posts of manipulative scum. im not going to give a direct example because i cant think of one, but i do get a general feeling of scumminess from you and have since early on in this game.

For clarification, this isnt an fos or anything close to a vote, as even if my feeling was stronger i still feel that you are active and logical so far and thus probably good to have around if you are town; however i feel there is some general validity to what Xtoxm is saying, from a third and more objective party. Take that for what you will.
i swear im not mafia
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Post by Oman »

OMG wrote:Elias - This isnt an fos etc, but i agree that i do get a general vibe from your posts of manipulative scum.
WISHY WASHY!
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:56 pm

Post by XReyoX »

Elias_the_thief wrote:Reyo and Friend of Old, why are you voting for GS (I know you didnt actually vote yet reyo)?
My random vote on blaze is doing nothing. It would be more useful on GS for now. Plus his votes and lurkiness do look a bit scummy, as I've said before. Though I would like FOD and lalaland to post more.

------------------------------------------

Toshiro: there are only 2 mafia, the other one is a cult leader. I don't see much of a link between elias and GS either.

Also, where is ghostwriter?

I agree that norinel is hard to read.

-----------------------------------------
OMG: Would you mind pointing out how elias is being manipulative? I'm not getting scum vibes from elias so he's still neutral in my list. I'll see if I can find something from his previous games as scum.

-----------------------------------------

Blaze: Could you place a vote, fos or give us an idea of who you think is scummy at the moment on your next post please.
omg_im_innocent_wtf
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
omg_im_innocent_wtf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:07 am

Post by omg_im_innocent_wtf »

Oman wrote:
OMG wrote:Elias - This isnt an fos etc, but i agree that i do get a general vibe from your posts of manipulative scum.
WISHY WASHY!
yeah ok another great post from oman.
i swear im not mafia
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:21 am

Post by Oman »

omg_im_innocent_wtf wrote:
Oman wrote:
WISHY WASHY!
yeah ok another great post from oman.
OMGUS!
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:22 am

Post by Blazerunner »

XReyoX wrote:
Toshiro: there are only 2 mafia, the other one is a cult leader. I don't see much of a link between elias and GS either.

------------------------------------------

Blaze: Could you place a vote, fos or give us an idea of who you think is scummy at the moment on your next post please.

I dont see a link between elias and GS either, but I dont see a link between GS an anybody, because he is lurking, and that is one of the very reasons why people are voting GS anyway... If people vote him for lurking, how could he seem to have a connection?
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:26 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Well, Im also voting GSGold, cant be really creative on the reasons, its just what everybody is saying and I agree with: Lurking and his voting on OM, looks waek and too persistent

Vote: GSGold
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:47 am

Post by XReyoX »

Blaze: True, and thinking about it, not have a connection with a scummy character is not a towntell either. Its just that I find it more sucessful to spot scums in pairs than finding them individually.

GS: speak up, you're on L-2
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:00 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

lalaland has 48 hours to post or (s)he will be replaced.
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Friend of Old
Friend of Old
Townie
Friend of Old
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:32 am

Post by Friend of Old »

I can understand why some people are finding me scummy, after all I'm only jumping on wagons at the moment, simply adding votes for pressure. Mostly however I've been pushing lurkers, the only time I didn't was when I jumped on the OMG wagon, and that was because I dislike his manner of play, I find it too confrontational.
Look at his last post for example. Sometimes I feel that even if he is town his influence can be negative, in the way that he says something, someone takes it from a different angle and we subsequently have umpteen posts about how we're all blind. Forgive me for finding this a tad irritating. All the same I wasn't on that wagon for long.
For now I'm content to stay on the GS wagon as it fits with my strategy of probing lurkers, plus an extra vote means extra pressure. I'll jump off if someone adds another vote though, L-2 is probably enough.
The [i]FoO[/i] is watching...
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:26 am

Post by XReyoX »

FOD: I'm afraid I'll have to say that you're close to useless if all you do is jumping onto wagons to pressure people without adding extra content to the discussion.
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:42 am

Post by Xtoxm »

I know i'm missing one of the scum - Not saying i'm right about them 100% but I like to have the right number of scum in my list. GS has posted sufficiently little that a link between him and Elias could be non-evident.
Also, where is ghostwriter?
Up the top - Should have space that out, sorry.
Friend of Old
Friend of Old
Townie
Friend of Old
Townie
Townie

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:14 am

Post by Friend of Old »

Reyo, there is little else I can contribute than adding my vote to a wagon at this stage. If I were to look back over the thread tus far I'm pretty sure I'd find that it is mostly you and OMG arguing over what OMG said. There has been little to no genuine scumminess thus far and overanalysis is as dangerous as none at all, so I'm not especially willing to go into too much depth at such an early stage.

Thus far what have we established overall? Little that is useful as far as I am concerned. We started with some discussion about strategy, which quickly descended into an OMG rant on the meaning of one of his posts. We then move on to some filler while we wait for the scum to say, 'I'm over here, come lynch me!' We then moved on the OMG saying he always fakeclaims, and the invetiable arguement over that. We have then had a series of fairly pointless and baseless wagons, on the most part in an attempt to encourage lurkers to speak up (the other trying to get OMG to shut up). Which leads us to now, so I ask you Reyo, who, to you, is scum, and are they scummy enough to vote for them?

My personal answer, were you to pose me the question is that I don't know. Thus I'm using my default strategy, waving my vote around on lurker bandwagons, in the hope that one will slip up. In the current situation that is the most useful thing we can really do, whilst we wait for someone to make the first mistake.
The [i]FoO[/i] is watching...
Xtoxm
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
Xtoxm
EBWOXM
EBWOXM

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:29 am

Post by Xtoxm »

So in all these 9 pages you haven't picked up a single read on anyone?
XReyoX
XReyoX
Goon
XReyoX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:00 am

Post by XReyoX »

OK FOD, I'm not buying your reasons behind your behaviour.

Firstly, as toshiro has said, 9 pages and you couldn't find anything useful to comment on is ridiculous.

secondly, think about it. If everyone follow what you're doing, we'll all be sitting around, waiting for a wagon to show up. You're voting purely for the sake of bandwagoning.

Thirdly, you are what I considered as active-lurking, posting enough just so that no one call you out for lurking, but not contributing to the discussion.

In addition to that you are saying none of the discussion is useful and that is just not true. We might not have gotten a wealth of information from it but its obvious better than nothing. You currently struck me as a scum trying to dampen down the discussion or a very bad town who doesn't know how to play.

And what do you mean by genuine scumminess? If you're waiting for someone to yell out" I'm scum, vote meeeee!!!", then I guess you'll have to play till you're REALLY OLD to see that.
Norinel
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Norinel
Not Voting (3)
Not Voting (3)

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by Norinel »

Xtox: Cult recruiter's going to be really hard to find right now, since they're not associated with anyone. Making headway on the mafia'll be a lot more helpful right now, and if you have two possible scum, that matches numbers-wise.
FOO wrote:Thus far what have we established overall? Little that is useful as far as I am concerned.
The town's discussion doesn't need to establish something in order to be able to start looking for scummy stuff. How people treat a useless discussion can be, in and of itself, useful. For instance, part of the reason I kept my vote on OMG earlier on was because he seemed to be derailing the town from talking about anyone but him. (And now, apparently, it's him and whoever he wants to declare suspicious...)
Reyo wrote:OK FOD, I'm not buying your reasons behind your behaviour.
If you aren't buying it, why aren't you voting? Is the current topic of discussion less important than the fifth vote on a lurker wagon?
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:22 pm

Post by curiouskarmadog »

prodding GSGold
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”