grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1351 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 2:56 pm

Post by grintwig »

I am here. Give me a little time to try to catch up.
I will at least post something later tonight. (And hopefully it will make sense!)
soupfly
soupfly
Goon
soupfly
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1352 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:33 pm

Post by soupfly »

i call bullshit on the crap logic being used to characterize the store claim as pro-scum. scum can NK 1 townie which would yield some items but townies have just as good a chance of getting them as do scum do. besides, most of the store items have already been dropped so i'm not even sure it would be that fruitful for scum even if they could guarantee that they get the drops. i already have 4/5 items just by scanning the stuff that has been dropped so i can't imagine that getting items would be all that much of an incentive for all the remaining scum.

in any case, if/when i do get lynched feel free to look at those using craplogic to justify their votes for me.
i am sofa king!
stupid...
Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:01 pm

Post by Kinetic »

Soup, refer back to my first post on this.

Don't get this way. If you are town, be reasonable. You are falling into the same temper tantrum you did in the last game and it doesn't make anyone feel bad for you.
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1354 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:09 pm

Post by grintwig »

Ok at the risk of being annoying or seeming stupid I have a few questions.
What is the point in the items?
Are you all still item claiming?
If your role requires you to interact with certain other roles how are you supposed to know who they are? (Or am I just an idiot?)
What is the purpose in collecting the items our PM says we want? If there is no "get these" and "this will happen" then is there something that will happen?
....I really need to go to bed so I can get up for work in the morning but i haven't finished all 55 pages of posts. I will try to tomorrow so I can make a meaningful vote, if there's one to be made.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1355 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:17 pm

Post by Porochaz »

no the item claim is finished... a store claim is being discussed now...
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1356 (ISO) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by grintwig »

The player I replaced already claimed a store and I will verify that claim if needed.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1357 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:21 am

Post by Mariyta »

Once we get certain items, something special will happen when we use them, but we don't know what that is, exactly. Store claim is being discussed, but is highly debated. Someone threw up a gender claim for discussion, which I would be ok with, except deadline is tomorrow and we will not be finished by then.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Tarhalindur
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Tarhalindur
Mod Screw
Mod Screw

Post Post #1358 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 10:34 am

Post by Tarhalindur »

Andycyca wrote:OK I have 10 minutes of internet access right now, so this'll be quick

I own the Music store (or whatever is called) It spawns musical instruments: bass, guitar, drum, flute, trombone.

More tomorrow
Hmm. I still don't like the store claim, but so long as the information is out in the open I might as well take advantage of it.

Andy, if you've got a Guitar lying around and you trust me, would you mind giving it to me? That would give me enough of my item goals to power up my primary ability. (Same applies for anyone with a Mars Volta or Caviler who trusts me.)
User out of ambit.

Error 404: Sanity Not Found
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1359 (ISO) » Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Post by grintwig »

the silent speaker wrote:I think that claiming stores is unlikely to harm; the Courier-Journal is of course a totally unreliable source, but that cuts two ways -- we nedn't lynch someone just because they claimed for example FYE, so getting a store claim "so as to lynch the townies who own those stores" would seem to be the sort of lan that auto-backfires. That said, I think it's unlikely to gain anything significant, and have no grave objections to lynching soupfly, if necessary to have a lynch, over his presentation of the Courier-Journal as a source of information with a presumption of
validity
merely on the grounds that it hasn't already been proven false.

But there's an idea I've been turning over in my head for a while now: what do you all think of the possibility of a
claim, to ultimately facilitate sexy time? It is hardly imaginable that a claim of genders would break the game one way or the other, and it would enable townies to pick the person of suitable gender they find towniest to have their babiez and ideally increase the town-scum ratio by one.

This could also help mafia though as then they would also know the genders of players and be able to make their moves to procreate as well...but of course there is no procreating without alcohol if I remember correctly.

Also question is it the gender of the "ghost" we are possessed by that determines our gender or the gender of the actual player?

At this time I find soupfly's extreme push for store claiming to be very scummy....and since I have not had adequate time to do an in-depth read of the whole game thread for the moment (while I struggle to do a better read) I shall
Unvote VOTE: soupfly
as I have yet to see a good reason to vote taut.....that may change.
If I find anything in my reading that points to a better vote in the next few hours then I will come back and change it.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1360 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:45 am

Post by Mariyta »

Deadline in about 9 hrs, 15 minutes.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:15 am

Post by the silent speaker »

vote: soupfly
solely because I am unfond of the tautwagon.
This could also help mafia though as then they would also know the genders of players and be able to make their moves to procreate as well...but of course there is no procreating without alcohol if I remember correctly.

Also question is it the gender of the "ghost" we are possessed by that determines our gender or the gender of the actual player?
I will have to check, but I distinctly recall learning that it is the gender of the ghost. I may have asked the mod. (Also I may have been hallucinating.) Anyway, scum can ask each other if they want sexy time and have no profit from involving the town.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1362 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:47 am

Post by grintwig »

@ the silent speaker you need a / in your last
tag to bold the vote. (It took me awhile to get it right too!:)

I for one am not going to reveal anything that I feel might aid the mafia in their endeavors. If that makes me look suspicious then so be it. I believe the player I replaced did too much revealing. And at this time I am not repeating what was already revealed.
Last night I went back and read as much as I could and without any input from soupfly have decided to leave my vote where it is. I will try to check in a few more times before the deadline in the event that something happens that may change my vote choice.
I must admit IMO I would caution anyone to look calmly and rationally at the possible ramifications before revealing any info that could be used by the mafia to further their goals. I have to assume (at least until told otherwise by reliable sources) that any info that benefits me also benefits them....therefore I am against all claims. And if you go back enough alot has already been revealed in the thread (and I have yet to finish all of it!). According to the reliable paper the mafia is ahead and I mmust assume it is because we are helping them and hurting ourselves with the info that we have already revealed.
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1363 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:42 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

vote: soupfly
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
I puzzle myself sometimes
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1364 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:21 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

End of Day Three: Page 55 Vote Count

soupfly: 6 (Tarhalindur, Kinetic, Mariyta, Porochaz, grintwig, the silent speaker)
tautology: 4 (Holy, farside22, Andycyca, Dark Ermac)
Tarhalindur: 1 (soupfly)

Not Voting: 5 (JDodge, MissMoo, YagamiLight, Flameaxe, tautology)

9 for a Lynch

Group Inventory:

Marble
Oven
Microwave
Seinfeld DVD
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Da Vinci Code
Pecan Pie
Savage Garden CD
Sunflower
Sorghum
Rice
Apples to Apples
Legally Blonde
Oven
Sam’s Cola
Mail
Buzzword

End of Day Three

After a very hectic day, the town discusses what is more important: Past actions of certain townies or another mass claim. But at the end of the day. The town decided soupfly's mass claim idea or at least the tactics he used to try to force a mass claim was the scummiest of the remaining town.

Leslie
played by
soupfly
, Killed
Day 3

Night Two:

Tonights Number is...

Original Roll String: 1d5
1 5-Sided Dice: (1) = 1
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1365 (ISO) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

i would like to remind everyone that once you grab an item from your store then you can't grab that item again. so the number will only apply to people who were blocked, or chose not to grab the item because of other night actions, or they just plain forgot the first night the number came up.

but everyone still gets their 2 actions at night. so have fun with this night.

this week look very hectic for me, so please try to get the item grabbing/sending/dropping or even using if you already know you can use an item finished this week. then i would hope the rest of the night phase will finish that next week, then i can start day four at the beginning of my spring break. if the night actions dont move quick then i might have to wait until after spring break. i dont know where i will be spring break, im kinda living in the moment on this spring break thing. so i have no clue if i will have internet access.
Show
http://kysurvivorfreak.blogspot.com/

raj's to do list:
Zulu Mafia : TBA
No Night Mafia : TBA
Epic Mafia : TBA

Record: 22-33-2
2005: 10-13-2
2006: 5-10
2007: 1-2
2008: 2-4
2009: 3-0
2010: 2-4
2011-2017: retired
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1366 (ISO) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:05 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

newspaper are being printed. so if anyone has any actions before the night is up, you better do it before friday.
Show

raj's to do list:

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1367 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:56 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

As people walk around in the morning they find some items lying around the town square.

Items on the ground:
  1. Marble
    Oven
    Microwave
    Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Da Vinci Code
    Pecan Pie
    Savage Garden CD
    Sunflower
    Sorghum
    Rice
    Apples to Apples
    Legally Blonde
    Oven
    Sam’s Cola
    Mail
    Buzzword
After looking around they find the three bodies of JDodge, the explorer possessed by the ghost of Brittney, the silent speaker, the explorer possessed by the ghost of McKenna, Porochaz, the explorer possessed by the ghost of Andi. You notice that Ace hardware, Maurice's, Don Moore Auto Mall, and the Humane Society has been destroyed. The town checks the bodies and found Painkillers and found Cloth, Snoop Dog CD, Painkiller, Facebook, Potatoes, Survivor DVD, Beans, Fish, Geo, James Bond, Horse, Snake, Phoenix, Sims, Tulip, Old Truck, Staples, Magnolia, and Thread they put it in the pile of items on the courthouse lawn.

Brittney
played by JDodge
, Killed
Night 4

McKenna
played by the silent speaker
, Killed
Night 4

Andi
played by Porochaz (replacing theopor_COD (replacing LoudmouthLee))
, Killed
Night 4

Everyone enters the courthouse to discuss what they should do about the death of these three people. When they enter they see three Newspapers. The town passes the Newspapers around looking at the headlines.

The Freaktown Sun-Times

Alex’s Ladies Mafia completely wiped out due to earthquake

Could it be true? Rumors are spreading that Alex's Ladies Mafia has been completely decimated by a recent earthquake. Investigators are on the case and will keep the town updated with any pertinent information.

The Freaktown Enquirer

Soupfly was last confirmed seen with Kinetic the night before the earthquake

The two of them were like...talking and stuff...and laughing about things. They did stuff too, it involved a knife. Seriously, it happened.

Mafia Courier-Journal

Papa Johns has been confirmed as a meeting place for Mafia

After further investigation, Papa Johns has been confirmed as a mafia meeting place. Officials say that the mafia has been seen swapping items and enjoying their current reign over the town during these meetings. The owner, Erika, refused to comment on the situation.

With 12 alive it will take 7 votes to convict someone.
The Deadline for the Day will be two weeks. (March 22nd: 4PM EST)
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1368 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:59 am

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

just a quick note. i might be gone for the rest of the night so be prepared when i come back to tell a lot of you all that you didn't get the item. but dont let that stop you all from being active.
Show

raj's to do list:

rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak
rajrhcpfreak

Post Post #1369 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:03 pm

Post by rajrhcpfreak »

nevermind, 11 hours later and noone posted.
please look off the first post, it has an updated item list.
Show

raj's to do list:

grintwig
grintwig
Goon
grintwig
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1370 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:03 am

Post by grintwig »

Wow! Did that paper just say that the "ladies" killed were mafia?!
Gonna do a re-read as I have forgotten who my suspects were...
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1371 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:55 am

Post by farside22 »

I don't know what to think without knowing anyones alignment. I still think Taut is scummie as hell.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:59 am

Post by Mariyta »

Does anyone else see a change in style on the second paper, or is that just me being the publishing dork I am?
-Susan Ertz

Kinetic
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Kinetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1373 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:25 pm

Post by Kinetic »

You mean how it all of a sudden accused me of being a killer with a knife?
Large Theme List Mod Emeritus
On hiatus due to Real Life
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1374 (ISO) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:29 am

Post by Mariyta »

Well, no. The actual style, I mean. It's like the captain of the cheerleading squad wrote it or something.
-Susan Ertz

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”