Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #9 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:15 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

I wanted to vote Curious Karma Dog, for his avatar having a "brain-washing" feel. But armlx voted him first T-T

vote: armlx
for that

BTW, what is a nibbler?
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (isolation #1) » Sat Mar 08, 2008 4:31 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

the silent speaker wrote:
Vote: blazerunner
for being second on the armlx wagon.
FoS: TSS
For complaining about me being the second on the armlx wagon and not even seeing springlullaby is the second on the mnowax wagon.

Serious now, this is BS.

@Yosarian2: That is quite true, since most power-roles are recruitable, claiming should be avoided unless for really strong reasons. In fact, anyone claiming a non-steadfast-role for no strong reason should be lynched, because if they claim any pro-town role, there are 2 and only 2 possibilities:

-He is lying, so he is probably not pro-town and should be lynched
-He is telling the truth, and is probably going to be recruited, and should be lynched so it doesnt happen
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:06 am

Post by Blazerunner »

I think if someone got so cornered against the wall during the day to be forced to claim, I think the chances of the town to lynch a cult leader that day are not really good...

But perhaps lynching is really not a good idea, we might just remember "that guy claimed and probably was already recruited" and lynch him after the recruiter.

I had forgotten another thing. If both recruiters aim for the same person, it counts as a kill attempt. Another reason not to lynch right away, the recruiters might just end up killing him...
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:11 am

Post by Blazerunner »

And there is the alarmist too... NVM what I said... Many things may go wrong for the recruiter, so we really dont need to lynch the claimed guy, at least not just so he doesnt get recruited
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:19 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Norinel wrote:
The Setup:

•The only thing that grants protection from nightkills is being an SK or Cult Leader, or if the killer is blocked.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:41 am

Post by Blazerunner »

the silent speaker wrote:Actually, I have a perfectly good reason for focusing on the armlx bandwagon rather than the mnowax one. And even if I didn't, I can only cast one vote, so you need to show a reason why armlx is
less
deserving of attention than mnowax. Blazerunner's and Occult's reaction to my vote, therefore, coupled with some of Blazerunner's other questionable comments since that Yos has already called him out on, firms my conviction that Blazerunner is someone who needs to die.
lol

my reaction to your vote couples with plain nothing, cause I said it was BullShit on the same post, if you took it as if I seriously accused you for voting me and not the person in the mnowax wagon, it is really funny.

But I really dont see why Occult would want to post the same thing as I had already posted, even if we were both cultists, as you are trying to imply here...
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #45 (isolation #6) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Blazerunner »

About your vote: (didnt want to post this together with the other post for organization's sake)

I didnt want question your reasons for voting me and not springlullaby, its earlygame, no one needs a reason for anything, that is why people random vote. Any little thing can be a reason to vote just for "breaking the ice". That is just the reason why I said "bullshit".

If I was to question your choice, tho, I wouldnt need a reason why "armlx is
less
deserving of attention than mnowax", cause I didnt say "you voted me and not him", as that would have been stupid (you cant vote both). I said "you complained about me and not about him" (and you could have complained about both people with the same behavior)
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:02 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Again, putting different pooints in different posts:

That last post of mine is about your vote, and how I could question its logic it if I wanted (I dont want to imply anything, I really tink its a nulltell)

But what I DO want to question is the last part of your post:

" Blazerunner's and Occult's reaction to my vote, therefore, coupled with some of Blazerunner's other questionable comments since that Yos has already called him out on, firms my conviction that Blazerunner is someone who needs to die."

This sounds really scummy to me. The seriousness you deal with this subject, saying I
need
to die, is too rushy... Even with my bad strattegy suggestion. Is everybody who makes a bad suggestion guilty? Is my suggestion even THAT bad? I dont think so, on the other game I was playing, the same thing was suggested "lynch the claimed townie so he doesnt get cultified". I dont think it is a scummy suggestion, perhaps a bad one, but it is not even uncommon

(Link to the game:)
http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7460

whatever you think about the strategy, I think you are being far too agressive, so
unvote:armlx, vote: the silent speaker
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote: However, while TSS's case is baseless, Runner has acted fairly scummy since the case was presented.
Thinking time.
Explain it. If you mean my strategy post is scummy, or when I said the chances of we lynching the recruiter after making someone claim is scummy, though I dont agree, I respect that.

If you said I am acting scummy because my defense, I dont see how that is scummy. Is defending firmly against an accusation scumtell? In the other game I played (the only other one, this is my second), there was a discussion about "is overdefensiveness scumtel"?
armlx wrote: This is the quote that worries me the most, as Blazes subsequent posts, especially the one regarding TSS's allegations, seem much more informed about basic mafia strategy.
In fact, as I said, this is my second game. All the experience I have is from it. But Ill tell you what happened day 1.

Someone suggested the same as me (lynch claimed townie so he doesnt get recruited), people said "no that sucks" and at the end, people voted and lynched a player that most of the voting people knew to be innocent, one of the reasons being to avoid him being recruited.

I didnt want to play "the noob" to justify my strategy errors (As happened the other game), but if you check the game, you will see that most of what I posted actually comes from the other game, and I dont think is that scummy anyway.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #9) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 3:13 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

Yosarian2 wrote:
vote:Blazerunner
. OMGUSing is bad.
I didnt OMGUS. I really think when TSS said "conviction that Blazerunner is someone who needs to die. " it is weird. And I would have voted him for that if you exchanged "Blazerunner" for "armlx", "The Silent Speaker", "Osama Bin Laden" oh whatever.

I would be OMGUSing if I voted YOU for that, not for my vote on TSS, IMO
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #64 (isolation #10) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:05 am

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:Blaze:

You pick up on things like TSS saying you need to die, yet suggest bad lynch plans. Thats the contradiction that gets me the most.
One thing is not really related to another.

I said "claimed townies should die so they arent recruited". There were no claimed townies at the moment, it is something that would only happen later in the day, had time to be discussed and so. I was not trying to convince anyone to lynch an innocent, and it is not such an absurd suggestion that only a cultist would do. I keep hitting this point, it just happened in my last game. And at the moment I made the suggestion, I didnt remember the alarmist. But I see now it is wrong, it really doesnt help the town. It is a mistake. It is an error about "whether a lynched townie is better than a recruited one"

TSS says "he should die for giving a bad suggestion and being the second in a wagon". When you vote someone, you are not saying the person needs to die. YOu might just be investigating, putting pressure, etc. When you say "he needs to die" its like "its over, you cant possibly get out of this, EVERYBODY VOTE HIM". Seems to me like someone rushing to lynch someone right away, over little evidence.

I hope this is my last about OMGUS, cause I really have nothing better to say than this: believe it or not, I would have voted (with a "sounded weird" meaning, and not a "lynch him right away" meaning as he did) TSS for that way of speaking whoever he was accusing. I dont think TSS is definetly guilty, but, again, believe it or not, if I live long enough in the game, my bad feeling over this wont go away if/when he unvotes me. Not saying he will never be able to say anything to convince me he is town. Just that this phrase will always seem, at least, misplaced to me.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (isolation #11) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:22 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Well, I have nothing else to talk about the accusations made over me. But feel free to keep them going for as long as you want, and I will keep responding to them for as long as I have arguments. I hope no one says "scum, youre deviating from your accusation" for what Im going to ask right now.

I was wondering about 2 things:

First, there was only one body tonight, and we have the SK and the vigilante. There are 3 and only 3 things that may have happened:

1)The vigilante didnt try to kill, and SK killed DrippingGoofbal
2)Both of them took a shot, but one of them was blocked, and the other killed Dripping
3)Both of them took a shot, but one of them hit a "tough" target (SK or a recruiter), and the other killed Dripping

I really dont know: Should the vig have tried to kill? I would like to hear everybody's opinion here. It is a guesswork, but can eventually get us anywhere.

The other thing: can TSS explain what is the "perfectly good reason for focusing on the armlx bandwagon rather than the mnowax one"? This is no accusation whatsoever, I already said he didnt NEED one, and depending what the reason is, he shouldnt even tell them. I can think of 3, but Id like to hear from him, since he mentioned it. But I wont take it as a scumtell if he doesnt explain, I can imagine town reasons for that too
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (isolation #12) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:39 am

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:Blaze:

"Claimed townie should die" is bad as you are lynching A) a townie or B) a recruit. Both are not good ways to win.

The point about TSS saying you need to die is valid.

About my statement: The two things I pointed out show contradictory levels of pro-town thought. Catching the "must die" is good town play, the bad lynch plans are bad. This suggests you know what you are doing and are purposefully trying to lead us into bad plans.

Edit mid-train of thought: I'm an idiot.

Unvote, Vote Blazerunner
I know "claimed townie should die" is bad. I already agreed. What I have to say in my defense, I already said. I thought it might have been good. This might make me a noob, but not a recruiter. I dont want to enter WIFOM, but I wouldnt suggest this as a recruiter.

Just imagine: If I freaked out right now (OMG, I have 4 votes) and decided to claim, and it maked sense. Would
none
of you
consider
keeping your vote, even thinking there is a good chance I am tonwie after the claim (a good chance because you cant know for sure)?

In the other game I played, the guy was still lynched (he didnt openly claim though, but many of the people voting him agreed he was probably innocent, its basically the same as an accepted claim). Perhaps people there are stupid, or the setup differences make this far worse here, and I didnt notice that.

And please, PLEASE, dont anyone say "omg he said claimed people should be lynched and now wants to claim to get out of this". I DONT want to claim.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (isolation #13) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:48 am

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:About my statement: The two things I pointed out show contradictory levels of pro-town thought. Catching the "must die" is good town play, the bad lynch plans are bad. This suggests you know what you are doing and are purposefully trying to lead us into bad plans.
One last thing (I hope) before I leave the forum for now:

Bad town play doesnt definetely mean scum, but its a valid point. You cant just assume people acting anti-town are noob, not guilty, or you dont go anywhere, so this isnt really a defense, but why exactly do you mean by "This suggests you know what you are doing and are purposefully trying to lead us into bad plans."?
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (isolation #14) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:56 am

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:My point is you are trying to deliberately add faulty strategies into our discussion in the hope we use them, giving you as scum more a chance of winning.
This is your conclusion, and this I had already understood. What Im curious is about the thinking that got you to that conclusion and not that I didnt know what I was doing when I suggested that.

I mean, you dont need a reason for that, as I said, but as you specifically said it, I think you might have a reason.

I didnt want to enter WIFOM, but I really think recruiters wouldnt suggest strategies hoping people wont notice they are not pro-town. If they know what they are doing. Specially such a stupid strategy as you all say this one is.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #77 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Blazerunner »

I would like people to post more. Aside from the 4 voting me, on a quick look over the post since Occult's post # 34, I did only see 3 posts from vikingfan an that one from mnowar suggesting lurking. I would like to see the opinion of other people over my case.

It has ocurred me that we might easily have up to 5 players against the town (2 recruiters, 2 cultists, a SK). So, if all the 4 voting me are town, I might be closer to a hammer than I was thinking.

Speaking about hammer, I have a question to mod: How long will twilight last, from the hammer to the death, when the person lynched cant speak anymore? (not exactly, just an estimation). I need to know this in case I get hammered, and for the reason above, and even regardless of people's alignment (the people not posting might all agree Im scum and vote me in quick succession)
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #80 (isolation #16) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:33 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

mnowax wrote:Is there a reason why you killed dripping goofball?

Vote: Bladerunner
Where did you get this idea, that I killed dripping?

And BTW, correct that vote on me, its bla
z
erunner
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (isolation #17) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:I do believe we have our first claim? Vote stands.
We do?
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #85 (isolation #18) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:17 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

Yosarian2 wrote:
armlx wrote:I do believe we have our first claim?
We do?
LMFAO
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (isolation #19) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:
mnowax wrote:Is there a reason why you killed dripping goofball?

Vote: Bladerunner
I'm taking this as a claim.
A claim for what? I dont know if you are being somehow ironical, or I just cant reach what you are saying...
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (isolation #20) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:04 am

Post by Blazerunner »

mnowax, please explain why you said I killed DGB. If you are claiming to have investigated/tracked as armlx an Yosarian2 understood, you are diggin your own grave and you know it.

If not, nvm this post
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (isolation #21) » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:53 am

Post by Blazerunner »

mod, I posted this a while ago

Blazerunner wrote:Speaking about hammer,
I have a question to mod
: How long will twilight last, from the hammer to the death, when the person lynched cant speak anymore? (not exactly, just an estimation). I need to know this in case I get hammered, and for the reason above, and even regardless of people's alignment (the people not posting might all agree Im scum and vote me in quick succession)
Even with some unvotes, I would still like to know about twilight. I believe you might not have seen this question as I didnt bold it and was in the middle of a long post. Id jus like to know if there is twilight in your games, and how long. If you cant give me that info, just say it, too
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (isolation #22) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:34 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

Norinel wrote:
The Setup:

•Vigs and SKs kill with guns, and their victims are listed as "shot". Cults kill with orbital lasers, and their victims are listed as "burnt to a crisp". If someone's killed multiple times simultaneously, they're all listed, like "shot twice and burnt to a crisp".
Norinel wrote:[/b]Dead (1/16):

DrippingGoofball (Townie) - shot Night 1 [/b]
So, unless there is something I missed, DGB was killed by either the SK or vig.
Yosarian2 wrote:So, Blaze did you kill DGB?
springlullaby wrote:Also, Blaze, what do you think of mnowax?
mnowax wrote:Like i sad before i know that blaze killed DGB. i cannot say why i know, but i can with relative certainty. He said something before that confirmed my suspicions and information and deductions that i have now.
I am wondering what is it I said that confirms anything you already had. Let me explain.

I didnt kill DGB. In fact, I didnt even visit at night. I am not saying whether I visited someone else, what is my role, or even if perhaps I didnt visit anyone. What I am saying is that I didnt go to DGB's house. So, whatever is the reason mnowax has, if he tries to back it up with info from an investigative role, it is a [red]lie[/red].

If he says I killed him because he is a tracker and saw me visiting DGB, he is lying.
If he says I killed him because he is a watcher and went to watch DGB's house and I went there too, he is lying.
If he says I killed him because he is a cop, and investigated me, and came up as guilty, he is lying, because, as I said before, the killer was either a SK or a vig, and both investigate as town.
Norinel wrote:You are a Serial Killer. Each night, you may kill someone. You are completely immune to investigations and cult recruitment, and the first attempt to kill you at night will fail.

You win when you are the last person standing.
To be continued on next post...
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #23) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

So what I am saying is mnowax CANT HAVE investigative info on me that blames me for DGB's death

Does that mean mnowax is guilty? Not with absolute certainty. I want him now to explain what exactly makes him think I killed DGB. If he can give a reasonable explanation that DOES NOT INVOLVE investigations, he
might
be town.

As I dont think he can do it,
vote: mnowax

If you can explain it reasonably, my apologizes and I will take my vote away.

If he does claim to have investigative info that blames me for that death, then he is guilty. If he does it, you can:
A)Believe me and agree he is scum or
B)Not believe me, lynch me for that and, after I die, you will see he really couldnt have had that info, and will believe he is scum

Either way, truth will come out, of that I am 100% sure
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #24) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:03 am

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:BR: You saying "Mno is lying if he claims to have investigative results on me" is dumb. Not gonna help your case at all. Investigation result > you.
I know it. I dont want to help my case, specially because this argument can be reversed. In everyibody else's point of view, its my word against his. He can even reverse my argument, saying, for example:

"I am a watcher and he went to DGB. You can:
A)Believe me and agree Blazerunner is scum or
B)Not believe me, lynch me and, when you see my role, agree Blazerunner is scum"

So I dont want to help my case on this argument. I want to help town. Lynch me if you like, but if it turns up I am innocent, after you see my role, you will have to believe I didnt go to DGB, an then you can be 100% certain mnowax is lying, unless his acusation on me has nothing to do with investigative roles.

What I mean is, you can believe me, or lynch me. If you lynch me and I am lying now, perhaps you will see there "Blazeruuner, psycho al-qaeda terrosist of d00m lynched D1". But if you lynch me and see "Blazerunner, innocent role lynched D1", then you will know I am telling the truth. And, based on my night acitions (or no night action), he cant have anything that blames me for DGB, so he was lying.

But this is not an argument to save me from lynching.

In what refers to saving my ass, this is just me claiming "Hey, I am innocent and didnt even visit DGB, not even as doc, or cop or whatever".

In what refers to helping the town, I am saying "If you ever believe I am telling the truth (witch may be now or after I am dead), I didnt visit DGB and even if mnowax was a cop, watcher and tracker AT THE SAME TIME it would be logically impossible for his investigations to conclude I killed DGB"
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #134 (isolation #25) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:08 am

Post by Blazerunner »

mnowax wrote:i cannot by any means let go of my role information, but i can tell you that it wasn't because i am a cop and have a guilty on him. The only way i would get a guilty on you ( like almost everyone has said) is if you were in a cult. Even if i got a guilty on you, i couldn't be sure that you killed anyone. So there must be a reason why i know. And i Guarantee that if he comes up as town ( which i believe is a remote chance) i will absolutely explain everything the next day, and everyone can decide what to do with me.
What I am assuring is that, if your suposed reason has anything to do with investigations (be it cop, watcher, tracker), you and I know it is fake. The town cant be sure of that. But it is in your best interest to give a reason not based on investigations. A reason why you think I killed DGB. You even said it had something to do with something I said. So say it. It wont reveal your role.

If you say you cant do it without revealing your role, then I will say you are definetly guilty, because there is no way any roles in this game would link me to DGB today. So if you have an explanation, and if it is true, then it CANT DEPEND on any role ability or night choice you made. If the town doesnt believe in what I am saying, too bad, I am going down. But then what I am saying will be proven true. And then, you are going down together.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (isolation #26) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:12 am

Post by Blazerunner »

One more thing, you saying "there must be a reason why i know" is completely dumb. Everyone can just look at the first wagon to form, and claim to have occult reasons to be sure he is guilty.

I think you honestly believe I am scum. And I think you are betting on it to try to land a fake "claim", meaning you arent in fact claiming, but, if turns out I am mafia, everybody will believe your reasons make you a town power role. You just placed a bad bet this time man.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:49 am

Post by Blazerunner »

malthusis wrote:
One more thing, you saying "there must be a reason why i know" is completely dumb. Everyone can just look at the first wagon to form, and claim to have occult reasons to be sure he is guilty.
I don't really get this. Mnowax was the target of a wagon yes, but how does that mean he is scum?
I am speaking about myself. I was the target of a wagon, the first one. It is very easy for him to look at me and say "Hey, I have a reason that makes me almost 100% sure he killed DGB" and not specify it.
malthusis wrote:
I think you honestly believe I am scum.
(Stating the obvious)
Not at all, he could be scum himself and believe me to be town, and do this to frame me. What I am saying is that I think he is gambling. He looked at me and actually thought I am scum. SO he makes a fake "claim" hoping I get lynched, and if I end up being guilty (and he thinks I will), no one will doubt his "claim". He wouldnt do this if he thought I was innocent, just to frame me, cause when my role was revealed, he would be in trouble.

What I really meant is "I think you honestly believe I am scum, but I am 100% sure that you honestly know you have nothing that links me to DGB". This isnt obvious.
And I think you are betting on it to try to land a fake "claim", meaning you arent in fact claiming, but, if turns out I am mafia, everybody will believe your reasons make you a town power role.

There's no mafia in cultafia Blaze.[/quote]

Sorry, I meant cult, was in kind of a hurry.

So, putting everything together: if mnowax thinks I killed DGB and this is not because of him having investigated me, then he has NOTHING to lose revealing his reasons to think I killed him. This is obvious. If it doesnt depend on his role, then it is something I posted here in public, and he wouldnt need to claim any role nor expose himself by just quoting the parts where I act like I had killed DGB.

Now, if he cant expose his reasons like that, then I cant think of any reason for him not explaining, except if it had to do with an investigation. If anyone can think of a reason, please tell me. BUT, if it HAS something to do with his investigations, (and he shows that by not revealing his evidence), then I am SURE it is fake, because with the roles we might have in this game, NOTHING he could have done night 0 would link me to DGB, given my true night action/un-action
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (isolation #28) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 2:14 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

Just one thing I noticed, I didnt unvote before voting mnowax, so, to make it clear to mod...

unvote; vote:mnowax
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:00 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote: So, people to not lynch today:
Blazerunner: (Vig/SK)
Mno (Recruit/Watcher/ Townie with massive balls)
Funny how you dont even consider mno might be lying and guilty, and I might not be a killing class.
TSS wrote:Well, mnowax did say that if Blazerunner is town that he should die in Blaze's place. If all he had were tells, no matter how convincing, he wouldn't put himself in front of the firing squad like that, I don't think (whether he's town or scum[/i]). [TSS]

It is WIFOM, IMO. If he is guilty as I claim him to be, maybe he just wouldnt do it, but maybe he is just doing this so people think "scum wouldnt expose like that", and he hopes I am in fact guilty, so when I get lynched and my role is revealed, no one will have reason to doubt his claim.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (isolation #30) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:32 am

Post by Blazerunner »

EBWODP
Blazerunner wrote:
Funny how you dont even consider mno might be lying and guilty, and I might not be a killing class.
TSS wrote:Well, mnowax did say that if Blazerunner is town that he should die in Blaze's place. If all he had were tells, no matter how convincing, he wouldn't put himself in front of the firing squad like that, I don't think (whether he's town or scum[/i]). [TSS]

It is WIFOM, IMO. If he is guilty as I claim him to be, maybe he just wouldnt do it, but maybe he is just doing this so people think "scum wouldnt expose like that", and he hopes I am in fact guilty, so when I get lynched and my role is revealed, no one will have reason to doubt his claim.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (isolation #31) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:36 am

Post by Blazerunner »

EBWODP² lol clicked "submit" instead of "preview"
Blazerunner wrote:
TSS wrote:Well, mnowax did say that if Blazerunner is town that he should die in Blaze's place. If all he had were tells, no matter how convincing, he wouldn't put himself in front of the firing squad like that, I don't think (whether he's town or scum[/i]).
the bolded part shuould have been out of TSS' quote.
Just correcting, later I will post more
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (isolation #32) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:36 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Great post from Nabakov, really sums things up.

I hadnt noticed Vig cant kill twice in a row, I dont know if everybody else was aware of that.

About me and mnowax, it is brilliant, although armlx had said that in other words. I didnt do this earlier, after armlx pointed it out just because I didnt think of anyone to vote yet.
Meh, irrel for the purposes of that list. Not like either of you is a recruiter.
I dont think so, your guess seems loaded. By doing that you are considering I can only be a killer, and mnowax can only be pro-town, like he couldnt be a cultist gambiting.
FoS:armlx
for this, not considering he can be guilty and thinking it is irrelevant or unreal that I said I didnt kill him.

I agree with you that sacrificing isnt good for cultist with 2 cult factions, but perhaps, as Nabakov said, he didnt think of this earlier, or he is so sure I am a killing class that he thinks he wont have to sacrifice himself. That is, suposing I am telling the truth.

I can see some link between TSS and mnowax, too, their play is very similar. Both say to be 100% sure I am guilty, TSS believes mnowax for an WIFOM reason "He wouldnt put himself on the line", and mnowax neither claims, nor he says his reasons for thinking I killed DGB are in the game, nor the oposite, like "it has to do with my role and my night choice, bt I cant reveal it". He is just not going anywhere.

fos: TSS, mnowax
unvote

I will consider what to do with my vote, even being like 99% sure mnowax is guilty (but I confess you cant be that sure, cause from your point of view the liar could be me), he is probably not a good lynch, and I dont know wich of the other 2 mentioned should be voted [/quote]
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (isolation #33) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:48 am

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:You said it yourself: He could be a cultist on a gambit. Last I checked, we wanted to lynch cult
recruiters
not cultists (aka
recruits
). We've been over this. The odds a cult leader would have balls that big to just out and fake claim on the hope we don't lynch either of you for this reason are between 0 and -infi.

The scenario I didn't write up is if Mno is a recruit you are technically a mystery box, but mystery box is still low odds of being the non-Mno recruiting recruiter.

I agree that, by a "lynch the recruiter" point of view, neither of us should be lynched. But the way you put, it seemed like we were proven to be one of those.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #203 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 8:40 am

Post by Blazerunner »

NabakovNabakov wrote:This was directly above Mno's softclaim.
Blazerunner wrote: Speaking about hammer, I have a question to mod: How long will twilight last, from the hammer to the death, when the person lynched cant speak anymore? (not exactly, just an estimation). I need to know this in case I get hammered, and for the reason above, and even regardless of people's alignment (the people not posting might all agree Im scum and vote me in quick succession)
I forgot to comment on this in my replacement post, and I'm surprised nobody else really picked up on it (do our eyes go fuzzy once someone addresses something to the mod or something?) Asking about being able to talk in twilight would only make sense if Blazerunner had something to talk
about
. If he wasn't asking just to satisfy curiousity, this can mean one of two things:

1) He had information he would want to impart
2) He had instructions he would want to give

Despite how convincing the SK hypothesis may be, neither 1 nor 2 would support it. Even if an indpendently alligned SK had information (gained through a failed kill perhaps) it would do him no good to inform the town after he's already been lynched, and it goes without saying that he would have no one to instruct.

But perhaps I'm making too much of this.

@Blazerunner: Care to explain?

@Mnowax: Is this what prompted your softclaim?
Yeah, I was wondering if nobody had seen it and wondered what that means. About Yos2, I wasnt in position to hammer anyone at the time I posted. When I repeat my question, I was in even less position to hammer anyone, I was on L2. So this post actualy meant I wanted to give information. 2 possibilities:

-I am in a cult, either as recruit or recruiter, and wanted to say something I noticed adressing it "To my fellow cultist" without drawing any more suspicious (after all, I would be in fact dead)

-I am a town power role, and wanted to give a report, but didnt give it for being afraid of claiming.

But I hoped that people who got to this conclusion kept this ounder the radar, cause it means I am a recruit, recruiter or town power roles.
All of these roles would probably been killed at night, probably by SK, cause all are very harmfull to him

So by pointing this out, you are basically giving me a death sentence tonight. So, I must claim now.

I am a roleblocker turned cultist. What I needed to telll is this:
night zero I blocked TSS
. That is what I wanted at that time. Now, this info is really significant, both to tonw as to my recruiter. We can get to these conclusions.

-As the vig probably didnt kill tonight, DGB was probably killed by the SK. So TSS is probably not the killer.

- People are suspecting a cult conection between TSS and mnowax. The only possible reason for this would be if mnowax was the recruiter, as TSS cant have recruited himself, and they probably arent masons, or mnowax wouldnt be claiming an information role.
As has been stated, mnowax is probably not the recruiter (for fake cclaiming), so he is either town or a recruit sacrificing himself. I think this is likely, because, as I visited TSS, he really cant have anything linking me to DGB.

Why am I claiming this out loud, in stead of avoiding lynch and talking about it at night with the recruiter? Because info on the other cult recruiter, and on the SK helps my cult, even (or secially) if town knows it too. I wouldnt make it trought the night anyway, and I am sure I didnt give any leads to the recruiter, so If I am gonna die, Id ather town knows my night choice before being recruited.

On a side note: SK and vig, I wouldnt kill me tonight, if I am not lynched, cause watcher will oprobably be on me. So, give it some time, I say
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (isolation #35) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:02 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

As a mere explanation as to why I did it. I was realizing I messed up real bad my game, first with my suggestion of lynching claimed people (I realy thought at the time it could be good), wich made me the center of the game, and the second is this:
NabakovNabakov wrote: Sorry dude, but the town doesn't deal in secrecy. Why didn't you just send a PM to the mod? Did you want people to pick up on this?
Yeah, you are right. I should have done it. I just didnt think about it then.

So, as I was pretty sure I wouldnt make it to day 2 after nabakov pointed out my mess, I just went for this. Some crazy idea, just came to my mind, and I thoguht could be fun, and perhaps usefull.

If my ally and helpful enemies got the message, and if perhaps my dangerous enemies get puzzled tying to figure out my mess, It is not as bad. Worse could happen is I die before day 2, witch I think would happen anyway.

But perhaps I
am
doing something plain dumb, and should have resisted to boredom and "fear of the night". If that turns out to be the case, too bad :(
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:12 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

One more thing,
mod, I will be out this easter holiday
. Gonna go sleep soon, might still post if something interesting happens, but after I sleep, will probably post only on saturday night, or even on sunday.

Meanwhile, I will just
vote: Occult
. He voted armlx with no reasoning, just capital letters, armlx pointed that out, and then he turned to vote TSS with no reasoning. Only 2 posts later he explained why TSS. I dont think he is up to something good voting like that.

Not that I need to justify my votes right now.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:17 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

springlullaby wrote:What? You're making less and less sense. Are you saying here that your last post was made up bullshit?
Im not saying it was made up. It might have been
dumb
, that is why I am saying, or it might serve my purpuses, not tryng to get out of this just saying I faked that.

Even if I had faked, I wouldnt come with a "Sorry guys, I am really town, I feel just so bad for making this bullshit, forgive me" excuse that soon.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #265 (isolation #38) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:26 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Hey, I am just passing by to say I am busy, but intend to keep posting at this thread, as soon as I have time.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Post by Blazerunner »

armlx wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:
Stark wrote: Blown away by Blazeriders big confession post. What is odd to me is why blaze didn't out his cult leader. Is this forbidden?
Why would he do that? Claimed or not, he's still cult.
I'm pretty sure it breaks the pretty golden rule of "Play to win" as well.
Yes.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #40) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 9:55 am

Post by Blazerunner »

curiouskarmadog wrote: At this point, I think that Blaze is newbie recruit. He should be vigged or Sked tonight.
That is said. But I only did what I did because I thought my game was awful and would die night one anyway, for that awful game. Perhaps I misjudged that, perhaps I would survive, and this wouldnt have been necessairy.

I did what I did to give town info and to try to save my ass in a crazy way.
curiouskarmadog wrote: Blaze, what are your thoughts on Mno’s claim? WHy did you target TSS last night? Why did you feel like it was pro-town to target TSS last night?
I think Mno is not telling the truth. Whan he said I killed DGB, he sounded too certain. I said that because I thought all the roles he described where in the game. Even if I where the SK or the vig, and had killed DGB, I couldnt be sure that the other role existed, as there was only one (suposedly mine) kill.

unvote. vote:mnowax

I targeted TSS because I thogut it would be good. There was a chance of helping town, a chance of messing uo town and a chance of being neutral (hitting someone W/O night actions). But recruiters night actions are way more important for the recruiter than most town night actions (specially when town power-roles had a very good chance of hitting a useless target with their actions, and cultists a very hight of hitting a good target).

Besides, if the block
per se
was neutral, I would have the advantage of collecting a small piece of info. Perhaps when TSS claimed late game, myself knowing he was blocked night one could help checking his claim.
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (isolation #41) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:18 am

Post by Blazerunner »

stark wrote: Man, I hate when people get cryptic in mafia games. If mnowax is a watcher, then he should take into account that any number of other roles could have targeted DG last night. This does not make blazerunner a cult leader.

==============================================

We're not stupid, mnowax. One of two things are true:

You're a watcher. You watched blazerider night 0. BR to DG. Your conclusion = BR is scum.

WRONG because of the many possible other roles BR could be

Or

You're lying.
Your reasoning is not completely right on this point. If mnowax is a watcher, then he knows ALL people who targeted DGB last night. So, if he had seen me and another person visiting DGB, you would be right, and he would be wrong to say I am definetely the killer.
But if he had seen only me visiting DGB, then he could be sure I was the killer.

And there is the possibility that he is really doing this for that stupid post where I said as if I was 100% sure there was both a vig and a SK. If this is the case, then he is just getting to conclusions with weak evidence, not lying. But I dont think this is the case, as he took a long time before quoting that post of mine. He could have said that earlier.

But, as I said, I visited TSS. And now, mnowax claimed vig. So, unless he really accused me only for that post, he is not liar/watcher. He is liar/liar
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (isolation #42) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 8:19 am

Post by Blazerunner »

aioqwe wrote:As a claimed recruit he's going to die today, tonight, or tomorrow. It would have been better to claim roleblocker (rather than converted). As a recruit, his claim draws attention away from his leader.
If I had claimed just roleblocker, I would have been killed at night by the sk. If I hadnt claimed, because of my dumb play throught all the game, I would probably have been killed during night too... So whatever...
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #43) » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:45 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Your reasoning about how cult leader would play is also full of BS and WIFOM.

If I were a cult leader, I would want to play in the most town-like manner possible, so as to leave no possible angle of attack for as long as possible.
Nice attempt at a WIFOM defense there. You're basically doing the "if I was scum I would want to act more pro-town" defense here, and that's just pointless.
Well I gotta re-read the case on Spring to make any assumptions, but I am going to post something about WIFOM in general.

I think people get too paranoid over WIFOM, and take it as a major scumtell, and it shouldnt be like this. I mean, anybody defends himself with WIFOM and suddenly he is a guaranteed scum?

In fact, if you just think about it, voting for lurking as "the best play for scum, specially the cultist is to go unnoticed" is as much WIFOM as "But if I was the recruiter, I would be trying to be as much pro-town as possible"

For instance, imagine A and B were confirmmed pro-town, A suspected C, and B suspected D, and during the night A dies, and someone accused

-"C must be scum, cause he killed the one that was suspecting him".

Then C defends:

-"No if I was scum I would have killed B so you would be acusing D for the same reason"

It is illogicall to acuse C of WIFOMing, if he was WIFOMed in first place. I think WIFOM is to be used more for detecting null-tells than scum-tells, not like posting sarcastically "Nice attempt of WIFOM defense here".
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:35 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Yay! My death is being planned!

I dont belive Mnowax's claim, and I think from a town perspective it was bad, and so was his accusation of me having killed DGB, based on such a poor reason, and trying to imply he had night info on me.

Even thoguht I dont believe him, oh how I wish I still had my block ability :p

:shock:
Blazerunner
Blazerunner
Goon
Blazerunner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (isolation #45) » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:10 am

Post by Blazerunner »

Don't kill me tonight I am still the blocker, I was just making a terrible gambit, this was my second game and I was full of weird ideas. I am just sorry you claimed vig, you will die tonight, but I will have to block you

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”