Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 4:44 am

Post by Occult »

the silent speaker wrote:
Vote: blazerunner
for being second on the armlx wagon.
hm, you didn't bitch about the two votes on Mwax.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:07 pm

Post by Occult »

can I see some goddamn reasons for voting Blaze? Just voting is not helpful to town....
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (isolation #3) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:16 am

Post by Occult »

Bah.

I don't like MNO, but i don't know if hes a good lynch for today.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #4) » Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:49 pm

Post by Occult »

I don't know if getting a full claim out of mno would be smart or helpful but after a reread, im not liking him very much right now...
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 16, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Occult »

I say we lynch everyone alphabetically until we hit the cult leader.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:32 pm

Post by Occult »

VOTE ARMLX
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Occult »

curiouskarmadog wrote:
Occult wrote:
VOTE ARMLX
why arm over blaze, viking, or Mno?

I'm wondering that myself..... what I meant to do is
Unvote
Vote silent speaker
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:35 am

Post by Occult »

armlx wrote:
Occult wrote:
VOTE ARMLX
I enjoy the large font, but cap locks is not valid reasoning.

Yes, it can be valid reasoning.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:57 am

Post by Occult »

After re-looking over his posts, TSS is very single-minded from the get-go and is looking to lynch blaze. He's not looking at any other possibilities or situations, just trying to lynch Blaze. That kinda tunnel-minded approach is scummy to me.
He is also a little too coordinated with Mno and to completely trust someone on the first day always makes me a bit uneasy.

I easily see a TSS/Mno match up.

on the other hand I haven't liked blaze's defense very much....
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #192 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:52 am

Post by Occult »

the silent speaker wrote:Armlx, I find it interesting that you say mnowax can't be the recruiter. I had been thinking that maybe he
was
the recruiter, and he tried and failed to recruit Blazerunner last night and that's the vague role info he was claiming. If he hits a sK, he looks like a genius; if he hits an opposing Cult Leader, his coast is clear; if he hits a steadfast, he'll need a lot of fast talking come Day 2 but at least he gets one steadfast role down. I fail to see what a plain recruit would know about Blazerunner; surely he wouldn't claim mystery information on his own recruiter. (After all, if he succeeds in getting him lynched, mnowax becomes strictly weaker than a vanilla SK.)
You could say the same about yourself...

Plus you seem to be distancing yourself from Mno all of a sudden. You went from trusting him pretty fully to now your uncomfortable with him. The only difference on this page from the last page is that you have two people connecting you and Mno together.

On mno, he isn't helping the town, he's just hiding behind a suspicious soft claim, I see him as a recruit.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #11) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:50 am

Post by Occult »

Unvote

I don't think that we can just leave blaze alone today. I say we lynch him, who knows we may hit cult leader. I just can't leave such a blatant claim (and then unclaim), he obviously made a gambit and when it didn't work, he took it back.

Vote Blaze

He may just be a recruit making a stupid move but he may also be a CL. If we can pin down his alignment we may be able to get some more information out of his posts.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:28 am

Post by Occult »

vollkan wrote:
Occult wrote: Unvote

I don't think that we can just leave blaze alone today. I say we lynch him, who knows we may hit cult leader. I just can't leave such a blatant claim (and then unclaim), he obviously made a gambit and when it didn't work, he took it back.

Vote Blaze
You've had a whole heap of good theory about why lynching him is not ideal, and you just resort to "we may hit cult leader"?
Well..... I don't exactly know but it may have something to do with:
Blazerunner wrote:
NabakovNabakov wrote:This was directly above Mno's softclaim.
Blazerunner wrote: Speaking about hammer, I have a question to mod: How long will twilight last, from the hammer to the death, when the person lynched cant speak anymore? (not exactly, just an estimation). I need to know this in case I get hammered, and for the reason above, and even regardless of people's alignment (the people not posting might all agree Im scum and vote me in quick succession)
I forgot to comment on this in my replacement post, and I'm surprised nobody else really picked up on it (do our eyes go fuzzy once someone addresses something to the mod or something?) Asking about being able to talk in twilight would only make sense if Blazerunner had something to talk
about
. If he wasn't asking just to satisfy curiousity, this can mean one of two things:

1) He had information he would want to impart
2) He had instructions he would want to give

Despite how convincing the SK hypothesis may be, neither 1 nor 2 would support it. Even if an indpendently alligned SK had information (gained through a failed kill perhaps) it would do him no good to inform the town after he's already been lynched, and it goes without saying that he would have no one to instruct.

But perhaps I'm making too much of this.

@Blazerunner: Care to explain?

@Mnowax: Is this what prompted your softclaim?
Yeah, I was wondering if nobody had seen it and wondered what that means. About Yos2, I wasnt in position to hammer anyone at the time I posted. When I repeat my question, I was in even less position to hammer anyone, I was on L2. So this post actualy meant I wanted to give information. 2 possibilities:

-I am in a cult, either as recruit or recruiter, and wanted to say something I noticed adressing it "To my fellow cultist" without drawing any more suspicious (after all, I would be in fact dead)

-I am a town power role, and wanted to give a report, but didnt give it for being afraid of claiming.

But I hoped that people who got to this conclusion kept this ounder the radar, cause it means I am a recruit, recruiter or town power roles.
All of these roles would probably been killed at night, probably by SK, cause all are very harmfull to him

So by pointing this out, you are basically giving me a death sentence tonight. So, I must claim now.

I am a roleblocker turned cultist. What I needed to telll is this:
night zero I blocked TSS
. That is what I wanted at that time. Now, this info is really significant, both to tonw as to my recruiter. We can get to these conclusions.

-As the vig probably didnt kill tonight, DGB was probably killed by the SK. So TSS is probably not the killer.

- People are suspecting a cult conection between TSS and mnowax. The only possible reason for this would be if mnowax was the recruiter, as TSS cant have recruited himself, and they probably arent masons, or mnowax wouldnt be claiming an information role.
As has been stated, mnowax is probably not the recruiter (for fake cclaiming), so he is either town or a recruit sacrificing himself. I think this is likely, because, as I visited TSS, he really cant have anything linking me to DGB.

Why am I claiming this out loud, in stead of avoiding lynch and talking about it at night with the recruiter? Because info on the other cult recruiter, and on the SK helps my cult, even (or secially) if town knows it too. I wouldnt make it trought the night anyway, and I am sure I didnt give any leads to the recruiter, so If I am gonna die, Id ather town knows my night choice before being recruited.

On a side note: SK and vig, I wouldnt kill me tonight, if I am not lynched, cause watcher will oprobably be on me. So, give it some time, I say

AND THEN:
Blazerunner wrote:As a mere explanation as to why I did it. I was realizing I messed up real bad my game, first with my suggestion of lynching claimed people (I realy thought at the time it could be good), wich made me the center of the game, and the second is this:
NabakovNabakov wrote: Sorry dude, but the town doesn't deal in secrecy. Why didn't you just send a PM to the mod? Did you want people to pick up on this?
Yeah, you are right. I should have done it. I just didnt think about it then.

So, as I was pretty sure I wouldnt make it to day 2 after nabakov pointed out my mess, I just went for this. Some crazy idea, just came to my mind, and I thoguht could be fun, and perhaps usefull.

If my ally and helpful enemies got the message, and if perhaps my dangerous enemies get puzzled tying to figure out my mess, It is not as bad. Worse could happen is I die before day 2, witch I think would happen anyway.

But perhaps I
am
doing something plain dumb, and should have resisted to boredom and "fear of the night". If that turns out to be the case, too bad :(
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:12 am

Post by Occult »

NabakovNabakov wrote:Occult: I'm not sure I understand your post. Are you saying he's backing off the claim? He's not, he's just realizing it was a stupid move. Your vote reads more like OMGUS than anything else.

Mnowax: I'm not sure I understand your post. Elaborate please.
He seems to be playing some sort of gambit to me. Townies don't have any reason to lie like that, If he was pro-town I can't see how he would have thought that would be helpful it just adds confusion (which doesn't help the town). Taking it back doesn't help, it just adds more confusion (Again, anti-town). There's also no way in hell an SK would pull that kind of stunt.

While I do think we should get some more info. out of this day before we hammer someone, I'm incredibly comfortable with lynching Blaze by the end of it.

In response to Blaze's accusation, he's wrong I had meant to put TSS for some reason I wrote Armlx and forgot to preview the post.

Check the Underlined Portion:
Occult wrote:
what I meant to do
is
Unvote
Vote silent speaker
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (isolation #14) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Post by Occult »

NabakovNabakov wrote:I think it's pretty clear to most people that Blaze is a recruit, the question is just whether or not he's worth lynching. That's what Vollkan was bringing up, but you seemed to think it was enough to prove he was a recruit in order to justify his lynch. It goes beyond that.
I personally think there is a slight possibility that he could be more then a recruit. Plus, confirmation of him being a recruit wouldn't exactly hurt the town either. If he turns out to be a recruit we can look back at the posts and perhaps get an idea of who he's with. It just seems to me he was trying to come up with something big (not exactly sure what that was as it was kinda muddled) and it felt like more than just a recruit attempting to save his ass.

I'm also just curious at the sudden drop off in interest to lynch him. I personally am finding it a bit ridiculous. He pulls a gambit and we seem to be letting it work. Before he claims, he is the perfect lynch to a good portion of the players:
Guardian wrote: Blazerunner [6] (the silent speaker, Greggo, armlx, mnowax, malthusis, vikingfan)
and now after he says, "well you got me, I'm in the cult." everyone suddenly drops their vote?
Norinel wrote: Blazerunner [3] (mnowax, malthusis, Occult)
We have a very good lynch here, I say we look at the connections between Blaze and other players before we lynch him but I don't see how we can let Blaze live.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (isolation #15) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:36 pm

Post by Occult »

Ok, I have a problem with the exchange that took place between Mno and Blaze a few pages back.

Mno asks Blaze why he killed DGB. Mno later says that he's reasoning for believing that have 70% to do with something blaze posted, 25% his night actions and 5% gut. Now there is a couple problems with this. The only people that can kill are the Vig. and the SK. Now Mno seems to claim through this that he is a power role(he says he is certain that Blaze killed DGB).
mnowax wrote:sorry about the down time from me. Like i sad before i know that blaze killed DGB. i cannot say why i know, but i can with relative certainty. He said something before that confirmed my suspicions and information and deductions that i have now.
Now, if he was the Vig and he attacked blaze (and blaze didn't die) that
would make blaze a very possible cult leader or SK. But since being a vig has nothing to do with knowing who someone targeted i don't believe he is a vig.

If he was a Alarmist, he wouldn't have had a reason to attack blaze since there is no way of knowing who blaze targeted.

If he was the cop, he would've gotten a town result on blaze if he was an SK and a cult result if blaze had been recruited or already part of the cult (aka, cult leader), but since a cop has no reason to see if someone targeted anyone and since a cult leader would take a recruitment over a kill at this point in the game (this is supported by the fact that there was only one body) he would have no reason to believe that blaze killed DGB.

If he was a watcher, he would've have know that blaze was targeted, not that he targeted DGB and would not have attacked blaze for killing him.

If he was a tracker then he would've seen that Blaze targeted DGB and was likely the killer.

All of these are assuming if Mno is talking from a pro-town stand point.

Which means that Mno (if he's telling the truth) is a Tracker.

Which would also mean that IF mno is telling the truth then blaze lied about being a role blocker that blocked TSS. Which means that either Mno is lying, Blaze is lying or they are both lying.

Conclusions

1)Blaze lied, which means that there a good chance that he is a cult leader pulling a gambit (there is a chance of him being a cult recruit trying to cause confusion) or a stupid SK.
2)Mno Lied, which means that Mno is a Cult or SK (He sure as hell better not have lied as town)
3)They both lied, which is basically points 1 and 2, with one of them being SK or in different Cult factions.

Unvote

I take I pretty strong LAL stance. One of these two are our lynch for today.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:10 pm

Post by Occult »

Yosarian2 wrote:Looking back at Occult's posts...he defend Blaze early on, then only started attacking him after he claimed cult recruit. I can see him being a possible lynch.

vote:Occult
Yea, because for some strange reason I'm under the impression that the cult is bad.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #288 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:14 pm

Post by Occult »

I still personally think that there is a chance that Blaze is a leader. His claiming is a gambit, the only thing that claim did was take him off the lynching block. There was a discussion about lynching recruits earlier in the game and the majority seemed to lean towards, Don't lynch recruits.

Now, blaze using this claim to buy him some time and recruit a few more people isn't a very far-fetched theory. He is not a confirmed recruit, but he isn't town and we shouldn't trust him. I'm saying maybe we should play this as we'd rather be safe then sorry.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (isolation #18) » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:51 am

Post by Occult »

Look, if blaze is cult recruit his claim makes no goddamn sense at the point in the game he did it.

If blaze is a leader, I can find find some reasons for his claim.

I'm coming on strong for the blaze lynch because I think we have a leader not just a recruit.

(My internet access is going to be fairly limited for the next couple of weeks)
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (isolation #19) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 3:51 am

Post by Occult »

aioqwe wrote:As a claimed recruit he's going to die today, tonight, or tomorrow. It would have been better to claim roleblocker (rather than converted). As a recruit, his claim draws attention away from his leader.

Pulling 180s when being called out for something tends to draw suspicion.

Lynching a possible leader is better than lynching recruit, in general. In this situation I think we should try and find the leader to lynch.

What's the case against spring again?
No, as a leader his claim of being a recruit draws attention away from him....
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (isolation #20) » Sun Mar 30, 2008 6:22 am

Post by Occult »

Either way it was a stupid play. But his claiming recruit has taken him off the lynching block for most people.

TSS isn't a confirmed power role and even if he was how would he know if he was blocked. We're also not even sure if there is a role blocker or if he would claim. I'm just saying you shouldn't rule it out so easily.
Occult
Occult
Goon
Occult
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 3:34 am

Post by Occult »

curiouskarmadog wrote:Waiting for Spring to reread.

Occult, why are you not voting Blaze at this time?

Seems like a big risk for blaze to claim blocking TSS, unless he knows that TSS isnt a power role that is. I think Blaze is the recruit, Mno an idiot vig. I think the vig should take out the recruit...and we should track down the leader(s).
I brought up some other suspicions in this post and just haven't re-voted yet.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”