ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1079 (isolation #0) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:49 pm

Post by ooba »

Twomz wrote:I am willing to wait on guardian.

So, Ooba, how are you feeling?
I'm fine - thank you very much ...
Twomz wrote:Hello everyone, my name is Bilbo Baggins, and I have this nifty little sword called Sting, that whenever I get close to a goblin (which bothers me, because it was orcs in LotR) it glows blue. Since Guardian claimed to be my nephews good friend Sam, I decided to have a look... guess what, he wasn't Sam, he was a Goblin.
This claim is believable but sam did dress up as a orc in RotK. However the sting doesn't work that way - ie. it would not have glowed blue for a disguised sam - but i wouldn't know how its designed in the game so i'll have to disregard this for now.
Guardian wrote:OK, I've been thinking for 10 minutes, and I guess it is better for me to reveal now.

I tracked Erg0 last night. Yes, he went to cow.

I asked those 5 people to comment on each other, because I hoped some would defend Erg0 (Fonz & Thok seemed to), and I thought that would be good information for us to have.

ANyways, vote: Erg0

In case I have 2 votes for some funky reason (see the votecount I quoted) vote: Erg0 again Razz.

I have no idea what to think about Goblin finder, or me being "found as a Goblin", but I'm not one.

Erg0, unless he has some really great information about why he targeted cow, is scum. He should be today's lynch. If he isn't scum, feel free to lynch me the next day. But I'm fairly sure he is scum, I can't think of a reason for a town player to be targeting cow last night.
Erg0 wrote:LOL. I was iffy on this scenario until post 1056.

Vote: Guardian

I categorically deny targeting hasdfgas in any way last night.
2 scenarios :

Guardian is town - He is telling the truth about his findings. Unless we had something like a role switcher acting in the night, if guardian is town , Erg0 should be scum here.

Guardian is scum - He is probably a ninja who hit the other scum group
Rule[17] wrote:All bad guys (scum) have one-shot immunity against any scum group. In other words, for a scum cross-kill to occur, a bad guy must be targeted twice by the same scum group. If a kill fails for that reason, the targeting scum group will be told that that was why their kill failed.
Either way , lynching Erg0 is the smart move today.

Vote : Erg0
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (isolation #1) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:11 pm

Post by ooba »

Erg0 wrote:So Guardian is a goblin ninja now?

Your logic is broken. Even if you don't take into account Guardian's extreme scumminess on day 1, there is no basis for your assumption that he is trying to get me killed because he knows I'm scum. Obviously I know the truth, but even from others' perspective it's at least as likely that he's trying to take down a useful townie before he's lynched or vigged for lying about his role. It's not like it's going to damage his reputation when I come up town, he's going to die soon no matter what he does from here.

Promoting the lynch of a townish player to verify a scummy player's already highly dubious claim is either very dumb or very suspicious.
Hmm point taken - I didn't think of the angle where he could be scum just trying to take a townie down.

Unvote. Vote : Guardian

I hope this answers your question. I think guardian being scum is more likely.

I have a question of my own - What if he is lynched and turns up Sam?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (isolation #2) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by ooba »

Skruffs wrote:I'm trying to wrap my head around Twomz's reasoning for claiming; presumably, if goblins ARE real, AND are *scum*, then there's a THIRD group. This is hurting my brain to think about. >.< MBL didn't kill n1, and he wouldn't have hit himself anyways, so it is possible that, if he was killed twice (and I think he was) that the 'goblins' are the third scum group?

I find it interesting how Ooba has Erg0 painted as scum in any of Guardian's possible situations.
Yup very much possible
Night 1 wrote:MrBuddyLee - Luke Skywalker (Vig) - throat slit and beaten to death Night 1
DrippingGoofball - Jack Aubrey (Pirate Finder) - forced to walk the plank Night 1
Throat slit - Ninja
Beaten to death - Goblin
Forced to walk the plank - Pirate
Night 2 wrote:hasdgfas - Stan Laurel (Mason) - Cutlassed Night 2
Xtoxm (replaced Sir Tornado) - Bruce Lee (Ninja Protector) - Lightsabered Night 2
Cutlassed - Pirate
So goblins and ninjas didn't manage to kill their target yesterday. By rule 17, their kill could have failed if they targetted scum.
Erg0 wrote:So Guardian is a goblin ninja now?
I was mistaken here. I was thinking in terms of goblins being pirate or ninja subsets . A third group makes more sense.

This also makes more sense . Goblins target an obviously protown player , Erg0 and the kill fails. Hence , guardians tale about having tracked Erg0 yesterday since the kill failed and he thinks Erg0 is scum. We must not rule out the other two possibilities of some protector saving Erg0 and Erg0 being immune to goblins , but if Guardian does turn out scum - we should take a real close at Erg0.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (isolation #3) » Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:56 pm

Post by ooba »

The Fonz wrote:Sorry, Ooba, I noticed you described Erg0 as 'obvious protown' and say 'we should take a real close [look]' at him if Guardian comes up scum, in the same post.
Well , On a re-read of Day 1 , Erg0 appeared pretty protown. And in a game with multiple factions , scum will be protown since they are actively hunting members of the opposite factions.
Guardian wrote:Or lynch Erg0 now, since he is scum, and don't lynch me, cuz I'm not. Much better plan.
I'm sorry guardian - but i've played another recent game with two scum factions (there was no cross kill in that) and i've seen this exact same tactic applied - one scum claiming tracker to out scum from another scum faction.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1149 (isolation #4) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:32 am

Post by ooba »

Skruffs wrote:Also note: Anyone who wants to answer this, feel free:
Both the dead goblin and the dead pirate are in the 'dead list' by name only. The name infers the alignment, but there's nothing indicating role. All of the dead black players have roles behind their name, though. Is there some reason why the scum's roles aren't being revealed?
Or maybe the simpler explanation is that scum have no roles as such - just scum kills
Rogueben wrote:I would like MBL to explain his colour coding in 1142.
Red = Voting in all 6 vote counts
Yellow = five
Green = four
Black = Lesser than four

Will do a re-read before commenting on who i think is the best candidate for today's lynch
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1151 (isolation #5) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:47 am

Post by ooba »

[quote="Skruffs"]shouldn't hasdgfas be colored orange, then?[/quote]
Umm , you're right - I do not know what the colouring is about then. Just noticed statusquo isn't green in everything too

[quote="MrBuddyLee"]KaleiÐoscøpe: 5 (Fritzler,
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
, Thestatusquo)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 9 (Fritzler,
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
, Thestatusquo,
Claus
, MrBuddyLee, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 8 (Fritzler,
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
, Thestatusquo,
Claus
, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 8 (
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
Thestatusquo
Claus
, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
, Guardian)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 8 (
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
Claus
, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
, Guardian, mikeburnfire)
KaleiÐoscøpe: 9 (
Thesp
Twomz
cicero
Claus
, hasdgfas,
Rosso Carne
, Guardian, mikeburnfire, Xtoxm)

Ninjas would be on kscope yesterday like Star Jones on a t-bone. In early, and not letting go til it's in da belly.

In other news, our Ninja Finder appeared to be on Thesp like flies on shinola.

unvote, vote: Thesp
[/quote]

I looked over the kills again and your 'ninja would have voted for kscope' logic is flawed. Here's the list of the kills:

Pirate
1.DrippingGoofball - Jack Aubrey (Pirate Finder)
forced to walk the plank

2.hasdgfas - Stan Laurel (Mason) -
Cutlassed
Night 2
3.Mgm - Sonny Chiba (Ninja Finder) -
keelhauled
Night 3

Goblin
1.MrBuddyLee - Luke Skywalker (Vig) - throat slit and
beaten to death

2.??? (Ergo ???)
3.Thok - Gandalf (Goblin Protector) - arm cleanly sliced off and
skulled bashed

Ninja
1.MrBuddyLee - Luke Skywalker (Vig) -
throat slit
and beaten to death
2.KScope
3.KScope

So the ninja's would not have known on Day 1 that KScope was Scum since they targetted him only from night 2 onwards.

Will read Mgm's posts again though
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (isolation #6) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:29 am

Post by ooba »

thok wrote:The Fonz and Erg0 both seem protown for me, although a lot of that is from the fairly consistent play I see from both of them
I'm pretty certain Guardian was telling the truth yesterday about Erg0. But i can see a thok protector choosing to protect Erg0 on Night 2 - the kill would have failed even then. I do think it would better for both the town and the goblin scum if he just targets Erg0 (again?)

Thesp is a much better lynch - MGM seems to keep going after him again and again in his posts.

Vote : Thesp

Thok - Gandalf (Goblin Protector) - arm cleanly sliced off and
skulled bashed

What does everyone think about this? Guardian's hammer post paints thok as scum (although the part about role information is hardly believable). Why would the goblin target him? There are 2 reasons i can think of :

1) The Goblin isn't paying attention
2) The Goblin killed thok to make the others mentioned by Guardian 'look like they are in the clear'
The others mentioned by Guardian were : tsq,Fonz apart from Erg0,thok and myself. Of course , we soon move into Wifom territory here but still something to think about.

And i've also noticed that we've started to talk about the lone goblin or the last goblin (including myself) - All we have to back that up is the word of a dying scum for whom lying about the size about his group is in his best interests. (This has happened in the NoXKill i played in - one scum was outed and he continuously kept claiming 2 scum in his group while there were actually 3)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1187 (isolation #7) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by ooba »

Erg0 wrote:1. There would only be a 50% chance of him guessing the right scumgroup (pirates) if he had information based on goblin kills.

2. You're assuming that he has the information to give out in the first place.
First of all , Guardian did have information to give out since ...

Goblin Kills
1.MrBuddyLee - Luke Skywalker (Vig) - throat slit and beaten to death
2.???
3.Thok - Gandalf (Goblin Protector) - arm cleanly sliced off and skulled bashed

Goblin kill on Night 2 was missed.

And i do not understand the 50% thing , in the end Guardian only said you were 100% scum - not pirate or ninja. He made up that entire tracker story (Erg0 visitied hasdgfas - hence pirate scum) to out you as scum with his false claim of 'tracker'.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (isolation #8) » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:30 pm

Post by ooba »

Erg0 wrote:1. You appear to know too much. A scum crosskill is one possible explanation for the lack of goblin kill, but it's certainly not the only explanation. Doctor protection or a roleblocker are equally plausible explanations, and in those scenarios Guardian would not know the reason that the goblins' target didn't die. For that matter, you're assuming that the goblins tried to kill me in the first place, which is not a given by any means.
I've Already commented on that possibility ...
ooba wrote:
thok wrote:The Fonz and Erg0 both seem protown for me, although a lot of that is from the fairly consistent play I see from both of them
I'm pretty certain Guardian was telling the truth yesterday about Erg0. But i can see a thok protector choosing to protect Erg0 on Night 2 - the kill would have failed even then.
But lets think this out from Guardian's perspective - He is going to be lynched. And we know Goblins didn't kill Night 2. So when he self hammers and gives out info , why would he lie about who he targeted Night 2? After all , taking out another scum is far more valuable to him than taking out a townie ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (isolation #9) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:36 am

Post by ooba »

Erg0 wrote:You're reading, but you're not comprehending. Once again, you are assuming that he had information to give.
If the goblin kill was blocked by a doc then he knew nothing
, thus your line of reasoning is invalid.
No - He still had information to give - regarding as to who the goblins targetted Night 2. Even if the goblin kill was blocked by a doc or you are goblin night kill immune ,
he still knew that you were the person the goblins targetted that night.

Erg0 wrote:Taking out scum may be more valuable than taking out a townie, but if you can't take out a scum then a townie will have to do. Also, I'd be cautious of making value judgements such as this (and your suggestion that we'd be better off if I was nightkilled) without having all of the facts in your possession.
Well i do have this fact in my possession - That you were the goblins target Night 2 - because any rational scum in guardian's place would not have lied about who they targeted that night.

So Just to be clear :
i) I'm not saying you are "100% scum" (in Guardian's words)
ii) But I'm pretty sure you were the person whom the Goblins targetted Night 2
twomz wrote:So Thesp is probably a ninja? I can believe that, but what if Mgm just had a feeling about him and figured he would be lynched soon so he didn't target him?
Lets assume Thesp wasn't Mgm's target Night 1 . Lets say you are a cop. And you find a player making a lot of scum tells (according to you) - however you aren't able to convince the town to lynch him. Wouldn't you target him the next Night to atleast confirm he is/or isn't Ninja?

Mgm's Second quote of Day 2:
Mgm wrote:In other news:
Vote: Thesp
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1278 (isolation #10) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:16 am

Post by ooba »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Thesp, Twomz, cicero, Claus, VERY quick to get on the kscope wagon. Remember, at least two ninjas knew scope was scum to start D2. Thesp and Twomz try to act all offhand casual about their votes but there is clearly intent there. Not likely that Fonz or Iammars are ninjas, for similar reasons--they defend and ignore scope, when that's not likely what a ninja would do. TSQ and UltimaAvalon are also suspect in the way they hop on kscope.
MBL, Please look back on my post 1151. The Kscope wagon was on Day 1 where Ninja could not have possibly known about Kscope. Day 2 was a very quick guardian lynch.

Erg0 , Claim please.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (isolation #11) » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:38 pm

Post by ooba »

Erg0 wrote:Ok, time for a claim.

I am Buffy Summers (aka Buffy the Vampire Slayer, for those who don't know). My PM tells me that I'm a plain old townie, but circumstancial evidence leads me to think that I may have an additional facet to my role - I suspect that I may be at least partially NK immune. This is both flavour based (Wikipedia tells me that I died and came back to life in the TV show), and also based on a possible explanation for the lack of a goblin kill on night 2.

I had a fairly specific strategy in mind for today to test this theory and try to maximise my remaining usefulness to the town, but that's unlikely to come to fruition now.
Ok first off , i believe Night kill immunity would have been specifically mentioned in your role.

Regarding the circumstantial evidence , thok protecting you is a much simpler explanation.

But there's no way that Buffy would be vanilla.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1428 (isolation #12) » Fri Feb 22, 2008 11:46 pm

Post by ooba »

Skruffs wrote:Ooba:
Can you explain your role better?
I do not think me claiming serves any purpose right now

Twomz wrote:Hello everyone,
my name is Bilbo Baggins
, and I have this nifty little sword called Sting, that whenever I get close to a goblin (which bothers me, because it was orcs in LotR) it glows blue. Since Guardian claimed to be my nephews good friend Sam, I decided to have a look... guess what, he wasn't Sam, he was a Goblin
Guardian wrote:I'm gonna tell you guys some things about the setup, because I want you to find the other scum -- better chance my partner somehow pulls this out.

samwise gamgee and ron weasley were my fake claims.
I guess I chose the wrong one? kinda BS that bilbo is the scum finder and I claim sam...
Erg0 wrote:I am Buffy Summers (aka
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
, for those who don't know). My PM tells me that I'm a plain old townie, but circumstancial evidence leads me to think that I may have an additional facet to my role - I suspect that I may be at least partially NK immune. This is both flavour based (Wikipedia tells me that I died and came back to life in the TV show), and also based on a possible explanation for the lack of a goblin kill on night 2.
Iammars wrote:I'm a
Vampire Finder (Abraham Van Helsing)
I believe Iammar's claim - which i think is an attempt at misdierection. Cult with 3 scum groups sounds complex.
We've already had a situation where scum were given fake claims which were related to other pro town roles based on a common theme.
Iammar's claim doesn't change my view on Erg0 - still scum.

I am in favor of thesp vigging Erg0 (Will read the arguments against this)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1462 (isolation #13) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:23 pm

Post by ooba »

Gorrad wrote:I want the town to win, by whatever
Honest
means neccesary. These means including, but not limited to, the deaths of Thesp, Erg0, and Skruffs.
Amen.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1512 (isolation #14) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:28 pm

Post by ooba »

If Erg0 turns up scum , you should probably vig someone connected with him .. I'd suggest TheFonz ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1519 (isolation #15) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:04 am

Post by ooba »

[17] All bad guys (scum) have one-shot immunity against any scum group. In other words, for a scum cross-kill to occur, a bad guy must be targeted twice by the same scum group. If a kill fails for that reason, the targeting scum group will be told that that was why their kill failed.
Erg0 - Joe Armstrong, American Ninja - beheaded Day 3
Discounting the Goblins here for whom both 'beheaded' and 'glint of steel' don't seem to fit , this does mean Thesp is not scum doesn't it?

PS : good job MBL
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1559 (isolation #16) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:53 pm

Post by ooba »

I'm willing to believe Iammars claim cause

a) He claimed when he didn't have to
b) Vampire finder fits as a red herring role

I shall re-read the posts of the following and get back:

cicero
Cogito Ergo Sum (replaced Samruc)
Flameaxe
Kison
mikeburnfire
Primate (replaced JordanA24)
Rogueben (replaced Thestatusquo)
The Fonz
UltimaAvalon
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1561 (isolation #17) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:08 pm

Post by ooba »

cicero wrote:
Ooba wrote: I'm willing to believe Iammars claim cause

I agree.

I'm wondering if we've
now
reached the moment where all good townies should mass claim. The docs are dead, it looks like. Of course the last person to suggest a mass claim was skruffs...
If we are going to mass claim , i suggest it should be in the order of who we think is most suspicious to least , instead of random order
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1567 (isolation #18) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:08 am

Post by ooba »

Hi,
I was reading back through few of the posts and death scenes when i had an idea. But before i explain further , there is a story to be told:

'There was once an island in the Atlantic ocean which was inhabited by a tribe of people who were sea-fearing. Hence for them , their island was their home. Their society was driven by gold which they obtained from a mountain nearby. For the mining , they trained a race of people who were considered outcasts - these people differed in both size and looks from the ruling class. They were provided with no facilities,education and were given only the bare minimum to sustain mining. They weren't allowed to talk to each other too. Hence over the ages , they slowly lost whatever intelligence they had. They weren't given any individual names and as a group, they were identified by the work they did. Gold-Miners or 'Gob'-'Lins' in the tongue of the ruling class ...

Centuries later, a fleet of strange looking objects was seen on the horizon. Fear gripped the people of the land as they saw these monstosities approach their shores. Stranger looking people got down. Fear turned to anger as they realized that they were after their Gold. After a brief battle, all that was left of the once big empire were their mines and the Goblins who lived in the darkness inside them. Releasing that years of mining had made them formidable melee warriors, the foreigners decided to set them free and use them as crew in their own ships.

This is how the Pirates acquired the friendship of the Goblins

-- The Chronicles of PvsNia'

I was thinking of the 3/3/3 scum combination when the thought thought struck me. Why do we have to assume all scum groups are against each other?

Ninja couldn't be allied with Pirates cause they killed Kaleidoscope
Goblins couldn't be allied with Ninja cause Goblin Guardian outed Erg0 Ninja scum

So that left a Pirate/Goblin combination . I decided to investigate this more just to satisfy my curiosity ..

i) Kaleidoscope only votes for Guardian 'cause he wants to survive'

ii) Guardian votes for Kaleidoscope because 'a Kalei lynch is better than a me lynch'
and both of them shifted to the RC wagon as soon as it started

iii) After Twomz declares his day 2 results, Skruffs displays tries to defend Guardian by posting about Goblin samwise , displays incredulity at a third scum group and does not vote for the guardian lynch.

iv) And a goblin kill and a pirate kill have never clashed on any of the four nights so far.

Please read through their interactions for yourselves and see if you can spot what i think i spot.

So if this is true, i think a 2+2/4 scum pairing is more apt. But now the question of balance comes into play - If goblins and pirates can kill once per night, how fair is it to the Ninja's who can kill only once per night?

One possible balancing element would be a one-shot day killer for the Ninjas in the form of Thesp. (Since with Thesp's day ending power , anything other than one-shot scum is over powered) - This also explains Mgm's (Ninja Finder) obsession with Thesp . Erg0 was pretty much going to be lynched. And thesp's kill not being a cross kill does not fall under Rule 17 since they both were Ninja Scum !!

Let me know what you think about this little theory of mine.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1574 (isolation #19) » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:32 am

Post by ooba »

cicero wrote:@Ooba - did you just invent that italicised flavor?
Yuppers.
Thesp wrote:Unvote: RogueBen, Vote: mikeburnfire. This does not mean RogueBen does not need to die.
Reason for the switch to mike?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1602 (isolation #20) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:52 am

Post by ooba »

Welcome to the game...
Lawrencelot wrote:I could see Guardian say there is another goblin while he is the only one, as I know him as someone who fakes claims and post restrictions. And, if there's 1 goblin, it would make sense that there is 1 communist and 1 vampire, while there are 2 or more ninjas and pirates. This is all just a theory of course, please tell me what you think of it. Ooba's theory sounds plausible too,
if he didn't invent the italicised text himself
. I first thought he got it from a book or something, but I don't know what to think of it now. But mike's reaction to that is interesting.
The only problem with this is that the kills do not match. The kill flavour seems to point towards a Pirate,Ninja,Goblin scum groups too.
Lawrencelot wrote: -Iammars: I think I believe his claim. I don't remember who claimed buffy (erg0?) and who of these 2 claimed first, but if Iammars claimed before buffy then there isn't room for a lot of doubt (although we shouldn't take it for granted).
Iammars claimed after Erg0 did.
Lawrencelot wrote: -Erg0: come on guys. It was obvious he was scum. While we know nothing about the amount of goblins, I think it was pretty obvious Guardian spoke the truth about Erg0. How he knew that Thok was a threat to the goblins I don't know, but we can see that it was just in his interest to out another scum like Erg0. We should look at the defenders of Erg0 too.

-The Fonz: town. Just the vibes, but strong vibes. Who was the one that said something like "I suggest Fonzie" (for a kill or lynch)?. Ah, my memory...
I was the one who suggested MBL vig Fonz - It had to do with Fonz's behavior in Twilight day 2 after guardian scum outed erg0 scum. All that 'Feed fish,lets not believe Guardian - Look at the scum talking' - seemed to be Erg0 defending to me ...
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1604 (isolation #21) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:27 am

Post by ooba »

cicero wrote:Ooba, I just read Fonz from his post 47 (using drop down menu) throughout the Thesp-Erg0 affair. I can't say I see what you seem to say you saw, see. So, still seein' such, son? Or was it a momentary thing? I get the whole /ignore Guardian thing for sure. But if you'll recall, Guardian had just opened his mouth and let fly a steaming pile of Wifeces in all directions. After that, Fonz pretty much went along with all the same moves that most of us did. He distinctly does not defend Erg0. He works to get him to claim and get him beheaded. So I'm not following. :S
Well it was just the vibe i had from that post - I did notice he does attack Erg0 later on - but its just something i haven't been able to shake off.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (isolation #22) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:16 pm

Post by ooba »

cicero wrote:Why
shouldn't
we lynch you again, like we did once already? Are you reading the game at all? Do you care who dies or why? or is it all cool as long as you're alive at the end?
Of course, I'm reading the game. If you notice , i did not push for Fonz's lynch today since i went back and re-read those parts. I am currently re-reading the game - will get back to you with my suspicions.

-- ooba
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1609 (isolation #23) » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Post by ooba »

Thesp wrote:
cicero wrote:Why
shouldn't
we lynch you again, like we did once already?
Do you think this is a good idea?
No i do not think it is a good idea.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (isolation #24) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:29 am

Post by ooba »

Lawrencelot wrote:So, Iammars claimed after buffy. Why do people believe Iammars again? And who does not believe Iammars, and care to explain why?
cicero wrote:
Ooba wrote: I'm willing to believe Iammars claim cause

I agree.

I'm wondering if we've
now
reached the moment where all good townies should mass claim. The docs are dead, it looks like. Of course the last person to suggest a mass claim was skruffs...
He claimed before claus was killed and revealed as a Communist finder .

PS: What happened to the mass claim idea?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1631 (isolation #25) » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:03 pm

Post by ooba »

Lawrencelot wrote:Hm seeing this (all my opinion of course) I think massclaiming still wouldn't benefit us. Since scum appear to have safeclaims, it's not worth outing our powerroles. I am against it.
I don't want to mention the reasons but even with scum with safeclaims, i think it is in our benefit to have a massclaim.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1647 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Post by ooba »

Iammars wrote:Seriously though,
Vote: Rogueben
. I approve of this bandwagon.
Thats L-2. Claim please ...
UA wrote:We've got a week, I think I'll sit back and wait for people to remember that it was, in fact, Mars who needed to die today.
Why so?

PS : Happy birthday Mr.Stoofer !!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1671 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:53 pm

Post by ooba »

Kison wrote:Oobalooba, I'm not really sure what the frak you saw in your Fonz suspicion, but even in my possessed state of mind, I do not see it. Mind rephrasing that one for me?
ooba wrote:It had to do with Fonz's behavior in Twilight day 2 after guardian scum outed erg0 scum. All that 'Feed fish,lets not believe Guardian - Look at the scum talking' - seemed to be Erg0 defending to me
ooba wrote:If you notice , i did not push for Fonz's lynch today since i went back and re-read those parts.
I would like Rougeben's mason partner to reveal themselves..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1699 (isolation #28) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:39 pm

Post by ooba »

Kison wrote:Who was it that mentioned something about two scum teams possibly being aligned with one another?
That would be me ... And

I am not Rogueben's mason partner.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (isolation #29) » Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:24 pm

Post by ooba »

After factoring in everybody who's either claimed not mason or something else ..

1. cicero

2. Cogito Ergo Sum (replaced Samruc)

3. Iammars

4. Kison

5. Lawrencelot (replaced Flameaxe)
6. mikeburnfire

7. MrBuddyLee

8. ooba (replaced Rosso Carne)

9. Primate (replaced JordanA24)

10. Rogueben (replaced Thestatusquo)

11. The Fonz

12. Thesp

13. UltimaAvalon

It leaves only Lawrencelot ..
Lawrencelot wrote:I agree that Rogueben's partner should confirm. If it really is a 2-man group like hasdfgas and Gorrad, then we could lose a mason and a townie in a way of speaking, instead of 1 mason and keeping a townie. But there's a good chance that he's lying.
I had made this addition to my earlier post and decided roguben was lying there . But i decided not to post this since it might have been good info to see how rogueben reacted or who he fingered.

Anyway you just lynched him...
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1706 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:32 pm

Post by ooba »

Iammars - Abraham Van Helsing (Vampire Finder) - killed by a
green blade
Night 5
mikeburnfire - Sigmund Freud (Lie Detector) - killed by a
rusty blade
Night 5
MrBuddyLee - Luke Skywalker (Vig) - throat slit and beaten to death Night 1 - resurrected Day 1 - killed by a
sharp blade
Night 5

MBL, Goblins and Ninjas respectively?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1711 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:55 pm

Post by ooba »

We're down to 9 with 1 outed player .. According to the 3-3-3 configuration , thats 4 more scum .

I think a mass claim would be very useful right now (but i can't go into the details as to why) ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1713 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:22 pm

Post by ooba »

cicero wrote:I think that's too many scum. Town is playing too good a game to be at LyLo. Something in our assumptions is wrong here.
We've had 3 townies incorrectly Night vigged so that goes against the town.
Scum haven't hit each other as much as we would have liked so that too goes against the town.
And it's not LyLo even if there are 4 scum, cross kill mechanics give the town a chance.

So , you up for mass claiming?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1744 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:57 am

Post by ooba »

You guys know what a lie detector role specifically does? i.e You've seen it somewhere else?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1746 (isolation #34) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:51 am

Post by ooba »

Ok did an analysis of Mike's posts. I'm guessing at a role which allows him to quote stuff from the previous day to get a result of truth/lie.Here is what i got when i tried to guess what choices he made :

--> Night 0 : Obviously no choice as there were no posts yet

--> Guardian : "I'm Samwise Gamgee. I am a tracker."
Mike : Only quote Day 2 wrote:Good morning, and praise the Lord! This brisk morning breeze has left me refreshed and renewed. Let us commence in killing the scum, my children.

vote: Guardian
--> Guardian : "we have 2 members (me + one other) so plz try not to find him/her, we were pretty disadvantaged from the start and then I effed up."
Mike : First Quote of Day 3 wrote:I would like to quickly add that I trust Guardian's statement about there being only one other redcoat 0%.
--> Iammars : "I'm a Vampire Finder (Abraham Van Helsing)"
Mike: Sometime during Day 4 wrote:I think I'm going to drop my case against Iammars for now.
So I do not think mike dropped any other hints which we could have used right now ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1750 (isolation #35) » Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Post by ooba »

cicero wrote:I'd like Ooba to answer this question: Did your own ability cause your predecessor to survive that lynch or was it something outside your control?
Own Ability

And i'd like to know where you and fonz stand about mass claiming ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1782 (isolation #36) » Tue Mar 18, 2008 5:17 am

Post by ooba »

I'd like to argue in reverse ..

Its in scum's best interests to shoot at each other tonight .. (As town is in already a bad position)

So massclaim will probably help them avoid the townies and hit the other scum .. And will make sure we don't mislynch now too

CES argument that the scum will hit the townies is wrong IMO ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1803 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 12:50 pm

Post by ooba »

The Fonz wrote:1. Had I claimed sooner, it could have been tested.
2. I wouldn't have claimed it if I'd claimed earlier.

The above are contradictory. You're at L-1, and Thesp, who isn't currently voting you, will if you don't reveal your second ability. Do it.
UA wrote:I wouldn' have claimed my 2nd ability had I claimed earlier anyway, so meh.
Misrepresentation.
He was talking about ability 1 in this 'could have been tested part' and 'i wouldn't have claimed' refers to the 2nd ability.

Anyway, i'd like to know what the second ability is. If you are a something like a guy who kills the guy who hammers , i'd rather have the second most scummiest person do it than thesp.
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1808 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 20, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by ooba »

[quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]I'm
Bill Clinton
, a lover. So yes, I don't want to get lynched.[/quote]

[quote="Calus"]Kscope fakeclaim (clinton) is related in theme with my rolename.

Yeah, my role is/was an american politician. That is all I'm telling.[/quote]

[quote]Claus -
Senator Joseph McCarthy
(Communist Finder)[/quote]

[quote="Guardian"]I'm gonna tell you guys some things about the setup, because I want you to find the other scum -- better chance my partner somehow pulls this out.

samwise gamgee and ron weasley were my fake claims.
I guess I chose the wrong one? kinda BS that bilbo is the scum finder and I claim sam...[/quote]

[quote="Twomz"]Hello everyone,
my name is Bilbo Baggins
, and I have this nifty little sword called Sting, that whenever I get close to a goblin (which bothers me, because it was orcs in LotR) it glows blue. Since Guardian claimed to be my nephews good friend Sam, I decided to have a look... guess what, he wasn't Sam, he was a Goblin[/quote]

[quote="Erg0"]I am Buffy Summers (aka
Buffy the Vampire Slayer
, for those who don't know). My PM tells me that I'm a plain old townie, but circumstancial evidence leads me to think that I may have an additional facet to my role - I suspect that I may be at least partially NK immune. This is both flavour based (Wikipedia tells me that I died and came back to life in the TV show), and also based on a possible explanation for the lack of a goblin kill on night 2.[/quote]

[quote="Iammars"]I'm a
Vampire Finder (Abraham Van Helsing)
[/quote]

[quote]MrBuddyLee -
Luke Skywalker
(Vig)[/quote]

[quote="UA"]I am
Darth Vader
, and the Dark Side grants me two passive abilities. First is, I'm a Miler, and every investigator will find me to be their bad guy. The second I will carry with me to the grave, because I'm still hoping for the chance for it to go off.[/quote]

Claim the second ability or get lynched UA.[/color]
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1826 (isolation #39) » Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:41 am

Post by ooba »

We sure are in trouble now .. (We referring to the town here)

Anywayz i'm up for a mass claim .. Popcorn style ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1837 (isolation #40) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:49 am

Post by ooba »

Ok our optimal choice is to no lynch as town

And
scum - your optimal play is to try to hit the other scum group hoping they mess up and hit a townie at night ...

Explanation in next post ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1838 (isolation #41) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:26 am

Post by ooba »

Possibilites :

[mrow]Night Action possibilities/Day Alternatives>>[col]Lynch Either Scum[col]No Lynch[col]Lynch Town Ninja hits town , Goblin hits town = same townie[col]Ninja Win[col]Longshot Town win , Mostly Scum win[col]Goblin/Ninja Tie Ninja hits town , Goblin hits town = different townie[col]Goblin/Ninja Tie[col]Ninja/Goblin Tie[col]N/A Ninja hits town , Goblin hits Ninja[col]Nina win or Ninja/Goblin Tie[col]Goblin Win[col]Goblin Win Ninja hits Goblin , Goblin hits Town[col]Ninja win[col]Ninja Win[col]Ninja Win Ninja hits Goblin , Goblin hits Ninja[col]Town win[col]Town Win[col]Town Win

Reasoning :

Ok here are choices available to
'this group'
(Not saying town here cause its a scum majority :P)

I'm assuming 2 town,2 ninja,2 goblins here...

* refers to immunity lost to the other scum group

1) Day 6 : Lynch somebody of either scum group(I'll assume goblin here)

Night 6 : 2 town,2 Ninja,1 goblin
Optimal strategy : Ninja to hit town
Optimal Strategy : Goblin to hit Ninja to remove immunity.

A) Ninja hits town / Goblin hits town = Both same townie
Day 7 : 1 Town,2 Ninja,1 Goblin
Automatic two day No lynch'es followed by crosskill after which NINJA WINS

B) Ninja hits town / Goblin hits town = Both different townie
Day 7 : 2 Ninja,2 Goblin
GOBLIN / NINJA TIE

C) Ninja hits Town / Goblin hits Ninja
Day 7 : 1 Town,1 Ninja+1 Ninja*,1 Goblin
Optimal Strategy : Goblin to hit ninja again
Optimal Strategy : Ninja to target Goblin
The first is sure of getting through. The second assuming the ninja's can guess who the goblin is - 1/2 possibility
So a toss up between NINJA WIN and NINJA/GOBLIN TIE

D) Ninja hits Goblin / Goblin hits town
After the next night in which goblin is killed , NINJA WINS

E) Ninja hits Goblin / Goblin hits Ninja
Day 7 : 2 town,1 Ninja+1 Ninja*,1 Goblin*
Optimal Strategy : Hit each other next leading to TOWN WIN after lynch

2) Day 6 : No Lynch

Night 6 : 2 Town,2 Ninja,2 Goblin
Optimal Strategy : Ninja to hit goblin
Optimal Strategy : Goblin to hit Ninja

A) Ninja hits town / Goblin hits town = Both same townie
Day 7 : 1 town,2 Ninja,2 Goblin
No lynching and hoping the scum die in crosskills is the best option here.
Of course if one group hits the townie , they automatically lose.
Longshot TOWN WIN but mostly SCUM WIN

B) Ninja hits town / Goblin hits town = Both different townie
NINJA / GOBLIN TIE

GOBLIN WIN

D) Ninja hits Goblin / Goblin hits Town
NINJA WIN

The optimal strategy is for them to finish each other out which leads to TOWN WIN

3) Day 6 : Lynch Town

Night 6 : 1 Town,2 Goblin,2 Ninja

A) Ninja hits town / Goblin hits town
GOBLIN / NINJA TIE

B) Not Applicable

GOBLIN WIN

D) Ninja hits Goblin / Goblin hits Town
NINJA WIN

The optimal strategy is for them to finish each other out which leads to TOWN WIN

So what do 'we' do:

Dear Town brother, the game is not in our hands anymore i'm afraid .. Lets enjoy the show

To everyone , No lynching is best here obviously.

Vote : No lynch

P.S My Claim :

I'm Harry houldini(pro town escapologist) , I have a one shot escape from a lynch . As you can see i've (Rosso Carne rather) already used it up on Day 1.
I'm town -
scum do not target me in the night !! You'll lose if you do
- I'm not lying (Read above)
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1857 (isolation #42) » Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by ooba »

Lawrencelot wrote:
Unvote, vote: CES.
Could someone explain in clear words why scum shouldn't be lynched? 'Cuz I didn't really get it.
It gives the town better odds at winning. Look at the table in the previous page. If no lynch occurs and both scum groups hit the same tonwie, then theres an extra chance for town win which wont occur in other scenarios.

Fake claiming Pirate protector was the optimal thing to do by the way .. Good job scum
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1863 (isolation #43) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:37 am

Post by ooba »

Good going docs !!

Vote : no lynch
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1869 (isolation #44) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:32 am

Post by ooba »

Vote : No lynch

Tag corrected at ooba's request - Stoofer
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (isolation #45) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 5:37 am

Post by ooba »

Well Well Well .. Poor Fonzie .. Be right back with my vote ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1887 (isolation #46) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:12 am

Post by ooba »

Bilbo Baggins (Goblin Finder) - Gandalf (Goblin Protector)
Bruce Lee (Ninja Protector) - Sonny Chiba (Ninja Finder)
Jack Aubrey (Pirate Finder) - ??

Stephen Maturin
Cutler Beckett

Which fits better?
You've slipped up. You're a ninja, aren't you?
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1888 (isolation #47) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:18 am

Post by ooba »

Vote : Primate
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1903 (isolation #48) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:06 am

Post by ooba »

Primate wrote:And if I lose the game based on a smart ass comment Mgm made in the early game, then I won't be happy.
The quote wasn't the reason i voted for you .. The claim , the buddying up the previous page with me , the fishing attempt at the top of the very page "stoof took away your kill eh?" . Plus Jordan's earlier buddying up with Erg0 . Couldn't find much connections in your posts however .

I just quoted that because i thought it was very apt at that point ..

PS : fonzie - i knew you were scum - just had you on the wrong team :P
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (isolation #49) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:26 am

Post by ooba »

Well played guys ..

I really thought town had lost it when the mislynch of UA took place. It was your game to win with a Happily ever after !!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (isolation #50) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:44 am

Post by ooba »

My thoughts on the game :

Well i was a replacement into this - i had started reading the game and it was a very interesting read . I pm'ed Stoofer a could of times wanting to replace in. I struck gold the third time when he did have a vacancy for Rosso.
The game was pretty fast paced from day 2 till the very end. With so many power roles dying , i thought scum might have had role cops at one point but guess everyone was a power role.
Guardian's lynch and his outing of Erg0 was similar to me since i had just come out of a Mafia/Werewolves game with cross kill immunity and seen the same behavior.
The rest of the game went by in a flash ...

Setup : I think a SK instead of a vig would have made the setup a bit different. (not sure if it would have been for the better though).
And i think you should have made the scum groups a bit more different i.e maybe removed a goblin finder for the town and had it as a 2 member scum group. A bit of differentiation

Overall , a very enjoyable game - Happy i could play in it .. Well modded !! And well played folks - wouldn't have been the same without you !!
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (isolation #51) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:51 am

Post by ooba »

I couldn't understand Mgm's play in this game after seeing his night choices ..

UA , btw , why didn't you claim your millerness before i.e way back on Day 1?

MBL's final vigging of Iammars was very bad ..
ooba
ooba
Jack of All Trades
ooba
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1946 (isolation #52) » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:09 pm

Post by ooba »

Thanks for the compliments. ^_^
The Fonz wrote:
UltimaAvalon wrote:Cus I didnt know until Day 4 or something that the play for Millers is to claim Day 1
It isn't.
It isn't?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”