Mini 578 - Mistery at Montescuro - Game Over!

JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:53 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

/confirmed
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #24 (isolation #1) » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:10 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Hello!

Vote: Macavenger
for great justice.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #31 (isolation #2) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:36 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

@ VampHunter: It looks like a wolf? Well it was marked as "Arctic Fox" when I uploaded it.
Dasquian wrote:I don't know most of you guys so hopefully this is for no one in particular, but: I hate lurking, and find it scummy if done deliberately. I'm going to be doing my best to hunt scum, but I won't be letting any lurkers go unnoticed or unpressured. Do us all a favour and don't make that the topic of conversation :)
Agreed.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #38 (isolation #3) » Mon Mar 24, 2008 2:44 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Although that was a little unexpected, it had to be done.

So Guardian and SensFan, what are your reasons for voting for me? Random like VH or for different reasons?
Macavenger wrote:Does anyone else find that "fair and balanced" vote count up there a little suspicious? No one coming up with 2 votes out of 10 cast strikes me as odd. We've either got some crazy luck here, or a couple people placing their votes carefully so as not to attract attention.
I think that's a fair assumption. Not that bandwagoning is a major accusation these days. It seems to me that as long as the votes are spread out evenly, then the reasons for voting don't have to be held by strong opinion. It allows for wishy washy votes.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 12:39 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Wow, this game is moving along really fast. Sorry for a very delayed response, it's been a busy week so far for me.

Looking over the posts, it seems like the only question directed towards me was the one Pyro and Guardian asked (I'll use Pyro's post as an example):
PyroDwarf wrote:Waiting for phox's response to Guardian's allegations before I move my vote. I want him to elaborate on this:
JamesthePhox wrote:I think that's a fair assumption. Not that bandwagoning is a major accusation these days. It seems to me that as long as the votes are spread out evenly, then the reasons for voting don't have to be held by strong opinion. It allows for wishy washy votes.
This was in response to the "fair and balanced" vote count, after he voted next to last.
I responded to this because, although I didn't agree with Macavenger, I thought it was something to give my opinion on. I feel like the second part of my response to Macavenger was elaborated on by Joudas here:

[quote="Joudas]It could be a matter of someone not wanting to draw attention to themselves by ganging up, sure - but town or scum, who wants to draw attention to themselves? No one. Sure, scum would be more conscious of it, but this early in the game? This is a null tell.[/quote]

Although I thought what Macavenger had to say about how the votes were spread out was interesting, I don't feel that anyone was particularly scummy because of the even distribution of votes in the "random stage voting". Seems like a null-tell to me as well.

Initially my random vote was also to spark discussion and it seems to have done so, in an interesting way. At least the town is talking.

With that said, there are a couple things that stuck out when perusing the post:

Near's strange opening post with his equally strange justification. Although it seems like he plays the same way in all of his other games, the FoS reasonings made no sense. I can see the lighthearted joke post, if it were still in the random voting stage at that point. But he came in halfway into page 3 with that post, when there were more important issues that required some dealing with. Whether his disregard for the VH posting issue or Guardian's case on me is an attempt to keep himself from standing out, I don't know, but his lack of opinion on what everyone else is talking about is making him stand out even more, which would not be something a townie would do.

I don't think he's done anything too scummy, but his posts seem like they're distracting town rather than help town find mafia.
FoS: Near

@Near: Why are you ignoring the discussion about VH or about Guardian's case? Do you have any suspicions of your own?

Regarding Guardian, I can see how my post seemed to be a bit hypocritical, so I don't find his accusation against me to be without legitimate reason. I mostly believe that his questions are more, like he said, to get reactions from the other players, which he has successfully done. Although some of his questioning is a bit strange like here:
Guardian wrote:How do you decide what is useful content and what isn't? Which player in this game would you say has the most useful content in proportion to their total number of posts? Which player would you say has the least?
I don't understand how this question is helping the town find mafia. How would this information help develop a case against someone or add to your own case? Could you elaborate more on what you were trying to get at?

I would also like Guardian's opinion on Near since he
FoS'd
Near without a reason. What makes you suspicious of Near?

As for VH, I can't say much about him, since his activity only seems to be a tiny notch up above mine. I don't believe his random voting was scummy, however, I do find his quick unvote a bit eyebrow raising (even though he unvoted off of me :P). His reasoning would have made more sense if he provided it along with the unvote, but it seems like his reasoning was forced and hard to believe (especially with so many people talking). But until he starts posting a bit more, I don't have a very strong opinion on him, yet. I definitely have my eye on him, though. (As well as SensFan)

As for everyone else, I'm reading neutral on most. Joudas is leaning towards pro-town for me. I agree with Joudas' responses to the "shorter days hurt town" theories. And the rest of his posts I'm getting good vibes from.

I'll
Unvote
for now, since Macavenger isn't high on my suspect list at the moment. Not leaving him off the hook though. :P
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:10 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Yosarian2 wrote:
JamesThePhox wrote: Near's strange opening post with his equally strange justification. Although it seems like he plays the same way in all of his other games, the FoS reasonings made no sense. I can see the lighthearted joke post, if it were still in the random voting stage at that point. But he came in halfway into page 3 with that post, when there were more important issues that required some dealing with. Whether his disregard for the VH posting issue or Guardian's case on me is an attempt to keep himself from standing out, I don't know, but his lack of opinion on what everyone else is talking about is making him stand out even more, which would not be something a townie would do.

I don't think he's done anything too scummy, but his posts seem like they're distracting town rather than help town find mafia.
FoS: Near
This feels...wierd. Like James is both attacking Near and defending him at the same time. "Near is strange, but he always plays like this, but his FOS's make no sense, but he ignored more important issues, but I don't know, he dosn't seem to have opinions, but he hasn't done anything to scummy, but FOS him anyway".

Not really sure what to think about James, but this post could be scum trying to distance from scum, or scum trying to attack a townie without looking bad, or...who knows. It just feels kind of odd.
fos:James
To be honest, I also had mixed feelings while I was writing that paragraph mainly because Near's posts so far are so ambiguous and off-topic that it was hard for me to classify him as either mafia or pro-town.

So, you're right in saying that the post was a bit awkward and strange, however, it was because of the difficulty I had classifying him as either or. Ultimately, I feel that his posts have not helped town in scum hunting in any way, which makes him the highest on my suspect list.

After looking back on some of Near's posts, I think I'll stick with him unless other suspicions pop up.
Vote: Near
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:22 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Near wrote:
JamesThePhox wrote:I don't think he's done anything too scummy, but his posts seem like they're distracting town rather than help town find mafia. FoS: Near

@Near: Why are you ignoring the discussion about VH or about Guardian's case? Do you have any suspicions of your own?
There are two people who I find suspcious. JamesThePhox and Macavagner. Both make long posts, which is good, but when there wasn't much of a wagon, he stated that my joke voting on Yosarian wasn't very scummy but FOSed me because I am distracting town. Then when my bandwagon seem to grow, he decided to vote me without much reason.
My reasoning is that, during the entire span of this day (prior to your two most recent posts), your posts have mostly been discussing your initial "joke post" then go into making other joke posts and question others for believing whether your posts were serious or not.
However, I have not seen you make ANY efforts to find scum the entire day, up until you were placed at L-2 and prodded due to inactivity, which I find problematic[/].

There were many other things that required attention, so why lightly focus on reactions to your initial post if they were just "jokes"?

I also initially only FoS'd you because I was still unsure of whether this is just your normal play style (an apathetic one, at that) or if you are scum trying to "blend with the crowd" and not post anything too serious so as not to add too much attention to yourself. Where upon, Guardian gave his reasons for voting you, which I considered and upon looking at the other posts you've made during your inactivity here, I considered your play to be scummy and voted for you. I don't see much of a "growing bandwagon" when only one person added a vote.
JamesThePhox wrote:I'll Unvote for now, since Macavenger isn't high on my suspect list at the moment. Not leaving him off the hook though.
Had the hunch this was distancing => let me now move on to a real bandwagon kind of post. Which implicates Macavenger.

Anyway, I know my case is pretty weak, but that's my input for now. I don't have much else to say really.[/quote]

I unvoted Macavenger, since I felt that I had a much more stronger case against you than against Mac. Nothing more, nothing less.

Good to see that you're being active though. :P
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #7) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 7:51 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

Evilgorrilaz wrote:
JamesThePhox wrote: I don't see much of a "growing bandwagon" when only one person added a vote.
How is it not a bandwagon when 5 people are voting for him? Two people have voted for him since his "last" post (before he went inactive).
I was saying that in between my FoS and my actual Vote, there was only one vote on Near, when he stated that I voted when I saw the "growing bandwagon". I'm saying that it wasn't much of a "growing bandwagon" when only one more person votes when I decide to vote. Had it been two or three people in between the FoS or the Vote, then I would've acknowledged my vote on Near to "may" be a vote going off of a bandwagon.

Alas, my vote was based mainly on the lack of contribution that Near has made to this game. VH is climbing up in suspicion, however, since he hasn't even followed up this post:
VampanezeHunter wrote:Sorry guys was sleeping reading through now...
FoS: VH
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #151 (isolation #8) » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:48 am

Post by JamesThePhox »

I'm not completely convinced that Near is off the hook. I still don't like his lack of contribution, however he is one good post above VH. I'll wait and see the other's posts.

For now
unvote
, but it's a toss up between VH and Near for me.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:28 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Just checking up. I'm waiting for VH's replacement before placing a vote.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:02 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Joudas wrote:Hi, Coron - may you be more active then VH was! :)
Agreed. Welcome, Coron.
JamesThePhox
JamesThePhox
Goon
JamesThePhox
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (isolation #11) » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:31 pm

Post by JamesThePhox »

Just checking in from the prod. Will post in a couple days, this week's been hell.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”