pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:51 pm

Post by pablito »

Since no one's really voting much anymore, I'll do some voting for them.

vote: Ameliaslay, Nightson
Sup, later.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:59 am

Post by Nightson »

pablito wrote:Since no one's really voting much anymore, I'll do some voting for them.

vote: Ameliaslay, Nightson
Let's try and get at least some talking, want to explain your votes pablito?
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:08 pm

Post by pablito »

No. Because it would bring more discussion and more fun if people can try to speculate why I'm doing it.
Sup, later.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:32 pm

Post by Nightson »

pablito wrote:No. Because it would bring more discussion and more fun if people can try to speculate why I'm doing it.
That seems unlikely.

:tumbleweed:
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:39 pm

Post by pablito »

Well I'll explain my vote on you Nightson, if it's going to give you more to discuss.

Both you and vikingfan kinda "grandfathered" your vote son me. Vikingfan's initial vote was random and he never really explained why he kept the vote on - also because it was his only vote. He just kinda took it for granted. And you unvoted all and then revoted me again. Just felt awkward.
Sup, later.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:05 am

Post by Glork »

I need to re-read this game. Life's been a little too crazy for my liking. Sorry, everyone.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:09 am

Post by MrBuddyLee »

Scum are 67% more likely to apologize for their inactivity.
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
BrianMcQueso
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
BrianMcQueso
My Wit is Broken
My Wit is Broken

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:02 am

Post by BrianMcQueso »

Vote Count!

*King petroleumjelly* (1): Bird1111, Phoebus

Ameliaslay (1): Phoebus
bird1111 (5*):
cardb0ardb0x (6): bird1111, Phoebus
ChannelDelibird (2): cardb0ardb0x, Mert
CrashTextDummie (2): pablito, bird1111
Dead Rikimaru (1):
Fritzler (0): CrashTextDummie
Glork (2): pablito, Phoebus, Rosso Carne
Machiavellian-Mafia (0): pablito
Mastermind of Sin (1):
Mert (3): cardb0ardb0x, bird1111, Phoebus
MrBuddyLee (4): cardb0ardb0x, Glork, Rosso Carne
Nightson (2): pablito, Phoebus
pablito (6): MrBuddyLee, Mert, UberTimmy, ChannelDelibird, Ameliaslay, Nightson
Phoebus (8*): MrBuddyLee, cardb0ardb0x, pablito, Mert
PookyTheMagicalBear (0): Glork
Rosso Carne (2): petroleumjelly
spectrumvoid (1): cardb0ardb0x, Phoebus
Thok (0): pablito, bird1111, Vaughn, Dead Rikimaru, Nightson
Twomz (0): Yosarian2, cardb0ardb0x, CrashTextDummie, Phoebus
UberTimmy (1): ChannelDelibird, MrBuddyLee, spectrumvoid
Vaughn (1):
Yosarian2 (1): Mastermind of Sin

Retractable deadline set for Sunday, October 8th.
Sooo sloooow....
"Only a fool quotes himself." -BrianMcQueso
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 11:16 am

Post by Glork »

MrBuddyLee wrote:Scum are 67% more likely to apologize for their inactivity.
82% of all statistics are made up.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 6:05 pm

Post by Nightson »

pablito wrote:Well I'll explain my vote on you Nightson, if it's going to give you more to discuss.

Both you and vikingfan kinda "grandfathered" your vote son me. Vikingfan's initial vote was random and he never really explained why he kept the vote on - also because it was his only vote. He just kinda took it for granted. And you unvoted all and then revoted me again. Just felt awkward.
That's weird, thought I responded to this.

Anyway, I unvoted because I don't really care what vikingfan's reasons for voting you were. My vote for you was for the reasons given in the post where I voted for you. I can't comment on what vikingfan did cause I'm not him.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:05 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Argh, deadlines! We dang well better have that retracted, I am
so
not ready for an execution.

Regardless, I suppose it falls on me to kick this game up a notch, so despite the fact that I did not want to do this, I will place four people on the LoE (four for the sake of variety). This
does not
mean you should hold back on other players, but we might as well get opinions on these players from everybody.

Add to the List of Execution: Bird1111, Phoebus, ChannelDelibird, Pablito

I am currently already suspicions of Bird1111 and Phoebus, and my votes pretty much explain that. ChannelDelibird seems to have snuck right under my radar until I isolated his posts. I would like to hear his reasoning for keeping his vote on cb0x, and I also did not agree with the way he went about voting for Mert, and he seems to have since disappeared. Although I am currently thinking Pablito is town, he has somehow accumulated eight votes, so I might as well force you people to talk about him in more detail (I am of the opinion that suspicion of him will drop as a result of me putting him on the list). I think these four should give at least some variety of opinions.

Also,
mod
, can we prods on players who have not posted in over a week? Specifically:

UberTimmy (last post Sep. 17)
PookytheMagicalBear (last post Sep. 18)
Bird1111 (last post Sep. 19)
CrashTextDummie (last post Sep. 19)
AmeliaSlay (last post Sep. 20)
Vaughn (last post Sep. 21)
ChannelDelibird (last post Sep. 23)
Machiavellian-Mafia (last post Sep. 24)

MOD SAYS: Prods sent.

It's really no wonder this game has been stalling with all the recent inactivity.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:10 am

Post by pablito »

Decent LoE. And PJ, I only have 6 votes, but that's still a tie for second most votes, so your point is still justified.
Sup, later.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 5:09 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I'm here. I'll reread and come back to you with thoughts within the next 12 hours or so.
[i]Mgm laughed nervously, his cheeks flushing in the faintest of blushes. "Patrick... I only wanted to be with you... that's why I put the game to night, so Glork would get killed."[/i] - the heartwarming conclusion of Face to Face Mafia
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:02 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

Apologies for falling behind again. Will post my thoughts within the hour.
#greenshirtthursdays
ChannelDelibird
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
ChannelDelibird
He/they
Card Czar
Card Czar
Pronoun: He/they

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:16 am

Post by ChannelDelibird »

PJ, you expressed concern over my votes on Cbox and Mert, so here’s my explanations for those:
Cbox wrote:It’s possible that both pablito and glork are scum. The idea is that pablito is the over-eager mafia, trying to support his pal. Glork knows how to play, and therefore doesn’t want the obvious attention and association, whether he is scum or not.
This is the post that made me vote for Cbox. He presents a theory of both pablito and Glork being scum but only votes for Pablito, which is double standards and possibly trying to protect Glork.

He then says:
Cbox wrote:The reason I'm not voting for Glork at this point is that the only situations suggested to me by their actions are that either both of them are townies, pablito is scum and glork is townie, or both are scum. Is it all right if I just kind of FOS Glork at this point? Actually, I'll Vote: Glork for presure, and then take it off
And now, after being called out on it, ends up voting Glork really flimsily. It just looks like he’s trying to fall into line with everyone else (blending in, as I’m sure you know, helps scum).

My reasons for the Mert vote were not so severe but it was something that rubbed me up the wrong way.
Mert wrote: So we have MoS saying he won't vote, but his suspicions will be laid out in full and we should take note of his words rather than his voting pattern. Then, on the other hand, we have Phoebus saying he plays by gut and may not bother making cases against people, leaving only his votes to indicate his thoughts.

That's quite a tag-team.
Here, albeit subtly, I felt he was linking MoS and Phoebus together. I don’t place such value on it as I do on the Cbox vote, and if this was a regular mafia game I would have just Minor FoS’ed him instead.

Hope that clears up the issues you had, and I’ll cover my thoughts on what’s happened since my last post ASAP.
#greenshirtthursdays
Fritzler
Fritzler
More /in than you!
Fritzler
More /in than you!
More /in than you!

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:18 am

Post by Fritzler »

hmmm....can we kill crash text dummie now?
Surfs up dude.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:33 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Ok, some quick thoughts on the people on the king's list of exectuion.

Pablito: His constant defense/buddying up to Glork is a minor scum tell, and he hasn't done much else.

Bird111: all he's done is vote Gork and Pablito for no good reason. Clearly :not helpfull: at best.

Phobus: I really can't get a good read on him at the moment. His shameless bandwagoning dosn't look good, but I'm not sure if it's a scumtell at this point. More suspicious is his refusal to contribute in any real way, with helpful comments like "still nothing to add at this point".

CDB: Don't really see anything too suspicious about him at this point.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

I'm sorry guys... esp. since I'm in other games w/ some of you and it's bad play across the board... Life is crazy at the moment.
I read posts from the time I last posted up until now, and since I have a little time, I'm trying to do a full re-read-- but I'll comment on what's caught my eye.
Pablito wrote:No, I won't reveal what I was thinking when I said I'll defend Glork to the bone. Ask me some other day.
pablito wrote:No. Because it would bring more discussion and more fun if people can try to speculate why I'm doing it.
I was first bothered by the fact that he refuses to explain on either count, then by the fact that he switches stances almost immediately a post later, and explains his vote on Nightson.
MBL wrote:This rubbed me the wrong way, tiger. If we have an impressionable Kingmaker, they'll likely heed your will. Hypothetically, scum can easily kill the one of those two that's town, leaving us with a scum king tomorrow.
Interesting connotation there…
Thok wrote:I realize that, and there are people I wouldn't vote for needing a replacement. But given the tone of some of the discussions we have (especially the references/interest in Kingmaker 1), vikingfan asking for a replacement in this game is worth keeping an eye on.
Two different situations, interesting that you bring it up… Vikingfan’s request for a replacement came late in the game when he was clearly under pressure, how can you compare them?
Nightson wrote:Okay, first things first,
unvote:all

Upon reading through the game (which took forever), I've got three people to comment on specifically.

cardb0ardb0x is newbie town, classic townie who cracks under pressure, and his later posts haven't been scummy.

pablito: weird and scummy, seems to enjoy buddying up to people, getting general scum vibes from him
vote: pablito

phoebus: This should be obvious, joined the biggest bandwagons and has yet toactually contribute to the game
vote: phoebus

I can't get a read on either bird1111 or Mert as of yet.
NS wrote:Anyway, I unvoted because I don't really care what vikingfan's reasons for voting you were. My vote for you was for the reasons given in the post where I voted for you. I can't comment on what vikingfan did cause I'm not him.
Your voting reasons seem flimsy—you haven’t backed them up at all. And no you can’t comment from his perspective, but you’ve have to keep his actions in mind, just like we do when comparing yours to his…
vote:Nightson

That’s all for the moment… looking….
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 1:09 pm

Post by Thok »

Ameliaslay wrote:
Thok wrote:I realize that, and there are people I wouldn't vote for needing a replacement. But given the tone of some of the discussions we have (especially the references/interest in Kingmaker 1), vikingfan asking for a replacement in this game is worth keeping an eye on.
Two different situations, interesting that you bring it up… Vikingfan’s request for a replacement came late in the game when he was clearly under pressure, how can you compare them?
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. Or rather, I sort of think I know what you are talking about, but wonder why you would try to interpret my comments in that way, since that was clearly not what I meant at all, and I have a hard time believing that my statement could have been read that way.

Vote Ameliaslay
, since I think you're trying way to hard to attack Nightson in your last post. (I personally feel pablito is also trying too hard to attack Nightson, but well, I'm already voting him.) I can't decide if this is an attempt at busing scum or trying to create a bandwagon on an innocent.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Ameliaslay
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Ameliaslay
Woman of the Window Sill
Woman of the Window Sill

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Post by Ameliaslay »

Thok wrote:
Ameliaslay wrote:
I'm not sure what exactly you are talking about. Or rather, I sort of think I know what you are talking about, but wonder why you would try to interpret my comments in that way, since that was clearly not what I meant at all, and I have a hard time believing that my statement could have been read that way.

Vote Ameliaslay
, since I think you're trying way to hard to attack Nightson in your last post. (I personally feel pablito is also trying too hard to attack Nightson, but well, I'm already voting him.) I can't decide if this is an attempt at busing scum or trying to create a bandwagon on an innocent.
1.)I was just looking at the first part... and at your quote again and realized, when I made that comment I was thinking that he was replacing someone else and that you were making a generalization on replacements... I didn't totally think that one through, and I apologize.

2.) Trying way to hard to attack him? I placed a vote because I was expressing my suspicion, and when I clarify my thoughts on a few others, I'll be placing votes on them. Coming into a game, it doesn't seem like his analysis of the people that he commented on was very in depth... yet he was defending his reasons-- that's what caught my eye.

And while I'm thinking of it, though I have an idea why.... Since you're explaining your suspicions of nightson pablito, you might well detail the ones you hold for me.
When I hear any man talk of an unalterable law, the only effect it produces upon me is to convince me that he is an unalterable fool.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:14 pm

Post by pablito »

Sure, I've since forgotten the reasons.
Unvote: Ameliaslay
I'm sure there was a stupid reason, but eh, I can't be bothered. Probably was gut. But I feel satisfied with your latest posts.

Oh and btw,
Unvote: MBL
I don't feel like keeping up with him. I'm not saying he's no longer scummy in my eyes, but it's clear I won't get much more out of him today and getting to ignore him for awhile will be better for me.
Sup, later.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:34 pm

Post by Nightson »

Ameliaslay wrote: Your voting reasons seem flimsy—you haven’t backed them up at all.
I’m going to assume you mean my vote on pablito because I can’t see how you’d call my stated reasons for phoebus flimsy.

Pablito is scummy when he tries to buddy up to people and he’s scummy when he makes posts like the one right above me. I find pretty much all of his posts to be off, they seem strange and not protown.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:44 pm

Post by pablito »

But they're obviously intentional. How could anyone be that strange and natural?
Sup, later.
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:12 pm

Post by Nightson »

pablito wrote:But they're obviously intentional. How could anyone be that strange and natural?
Eh? Are you saying your purposely trying to act scummy?
cardb0ardb0x
cardb0ardb0x
Townie
cardb0ardb0x
Townie
Townie

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:49 pm

Post by cardb0ardb0x »

On the

On Pablito: I don't get it. In my eyes there's equal chance that pablito's acting scummy so he won't get mafia'd at night or that he's just plain old scum. I don't see how we're supposed to tell day 1. However, the deliberate nature of his actions-
pablito wrote:But they're obviously intentional. How could anyone be that strange and natural?
(did he mean unnatural?) suggests a level of planning. I'm guessing that especially creative tactics are usually employed by the mafia rather than the town.
On the other hand, his behavior may be allocated towards a desire to simply take a big gamble and assume that any one particular player is on the town's side/ally, right off the bat. All things considored, the probability that one will end up randomly choosing another townie is very good. That may have been pab's original thinking, although it looks less and less like this is the case as time goes on...

On bird1111: There really isn't much to say, seeing as how he hasn't posted much at all (7 posts total, only 1 since september15th). The case against bird1111 is some fishy vote movements very early on. Looking at them, it's very possible that they were just regular day 1 votes that were just twiddled with too much.

On channeldelibird: Has justification for all actions, although that obviously doesn't automatically make him town.

On phoebus: I had forgotten how unproductive his posts were. He's never had anything to add, and never had any inhibitions about proclaiming how little he had to add or how little he had read, kind of intentionally dragging his heels. Doesn't automatically make mafia, however.

In summary, after looking over what I just wrote,
unvote: bird1111
and
vote: pablito
looks reasonable. I had previously voted for pablito, and unvoted... now it seems a little more justified to do so.
Every possible situation in mafia is a WIFOM situation of varying complexity. Therefore, all logic is useless, so, just don't vote for yourself, and don't vote for me, and you'll be ok.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”