Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:39 am

Post by Mastermind of Sin »

spectrumvoid wrote:I don't get MOS reasons for 'clearing' Phoebus. He says Phoebus has played differently in other games when he's scum or town... We aren't saying Phoebus is scummy because of his difference in playstyle compared to his other games.

Also, MOS sounds like he's accusing random people. Again, giving a crap reason, 'gut'.

I went back as promised. I think bird and Phoebus are currently tied... both are unhelpful, the only thing is I don't like Phoebus's responses too.
Then why are you saying Phoebus is scummy, if not because his playstyle is wierd?

"gut" is NOT a crap reason. Gut is not a reason at all. It is merely an announcement that you don't have hard factual reasons for someone to be scum, but you still have this feeling that they are probably scum, so instead of searching for crap reasons to justify it, you admit it by saying it's a gut feeling, because
that's what it really is
. It's not a crap reason at all.
Permanent V/LA.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 12:39 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

Oh, thank goodness, at least I have three more days to think about this. I'm pretty busy tonight, so I can't post much...

MoS, could you please explain what makes you think Phoebus is town? I don't recall ever having played with Phoebus, and I frankly cannot set aside time to look over all of his games to determine his 'normal playstyle'. I only vaguely recall one game I have read with him in it (Gotham City) where he was generally unhelpful (until it came time to lynch the unnightkillable townie), and pressed people almost primarily on 'scum-tells'. He was scum in that game, and I am really not seeing what differentiates his play in this game from that game (granted, I have not read Gotham City for quite a while, so my memory may be skewed).

My main bone with Phoebus is that his "gut votes" just happened to be done while hopping on the largest bandwagons. Gut votes, in my experience, are often used to strike out in an odd direction (such as, if I were to vote somebody who has not been under much suspicion [say, Thok] on the basis of 'gut'). Gut votes which simply add to somebody who has already been suspicious (and against people who
already
have cases presented against them) do not sit with me, especially when the same person does it on
four people
. I am more than willing to consider what you are saying, but I am going to need more basis than "I will regret it" and "he is always unhelpful" (severely paraphrased).
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:05 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
spectrumvoid wrote:I don't get MOS reasons for 'clearing' Phoebus. He says Phoebus has played differently in other games when he's scum or town... We aren't saying Phoebus is scummy because of
his difference in playstyle compared to his other games.
Then why are you saying Phoebus is scummy, if not because his playstyle is wierd?
I'm saying he isn't scummy due to his DIFFERENCE in playstyle compared to other games (in response to what you said about his playing differently in other games), I'm saying he looks scummy due to his style in THIS ONE. With that said, I don't even know if he's unhelpfulness etc. is a playstyle... I read it as a scum-tell

I stand by point that 'gut' is a bad reason. You should have good reasons for voting someone. If it's just a feeling thing, you should explain what gives you the feeling. Also what PJ said, Phoebus's gut just so happened to point him to the wagon. In this case, gut sounds like an excuse to vote.
Blank.
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:25 pm

Post by Thok »

I will say that MOS's actions don't really make sense to me if both MOS and Phoebus are scum together (I think MOS would let Phoebus hang out to dry in that scenario). MOS's play fits best with me if Phoebus is protown and MOS is scum (in which case MOS is buddying up with somebody he knows in protown but is likely to be lynched anyways), although I could see the alternatives being possible.

@PJ-I played with Phoebus in Mini's 205 and 232 where he was protown both times. I remember him being more active the early part of 232, but then being a lot more lurky/disinterested at the end of 232. I've suppressed memories of mini 205, so you'd need to read that one on your own.

That said, this close to deadline I should clean up my votes to reflect who I think would be the best/most useful execution, so I will
unvote pablito, bird, Dead Rimikaru and Nightson
, leaving Vaughn and Ameliaslay on my set of votes, and then add a
vote MOS
, given his recent activities.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:59 pm

spectrumvoid wrote: I stand by point that 'gut' is a bad reason. You should have good reasons for voting someone.
I'm not voting anyone, am I?
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:01 pm

petroleumjelly wrote:Oh, thank goodness, at least I have three more days to think about this. I'm pretty busy tonight, so I can't post much...

MoS, could you please explain what makes you think Phoebus is town? I don't recall ever having played with Phoebus, and I frankly cannot set aside time to look over all of his games to determine his 'normal playstyle'. I only vaguely recall one game I have read with him in it (Gotham City) where he was generally unhelpful (until it came time to lynch the unnightkillable townie), and pressed people almost primarily on 'scum-tells'. He was scum in that game, and I am really not seeing what differentiates his play in this game from that game (granted, I have not read Gotham City for quite a while, so my memory may be skewed).

My main bone with Phoebus is that his "gut votes" just happened to be done while hopping on the largest bandwagons. Gut votes, in my experience, are often used to strike out in an odd direction (such as, if I were to vote somebody who has not been under much suspicion [say, Thok] on the basis of 'gut'). Gut votes which simply add to somebody who has already been suspicious (and against people who
already
have cases presented against them) do not sit with me, especially when the same person does it on
four people
. I am more than willing to consider what you are saying, but I am going to need more basis than "I will regret it" and "he is always unhelpful" (severely paraphrased).
I think his play is this game is generally different from his play as both scum and town. By itself, i think that his play shows that he's a protown player who doesn't particularly want to think much on Day 1, but came into the game knowing the kind of responses he'd get to that kind of play. That's what I've read out of his responses.

Also, even Thok said Phoebus is probably protown, so you shouldn't execute him.
Permanent V/LA.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:40 am

Post by spectrumvoid »

Why 'even Thok'?

Sorry about that, I meant to say you need good reasons for accusing someone. (My defence: vote counts are so confusing this game... I went by tone of posts instead of vote numbers :( )

Well, yes, his play could be different. But different play does not = scum or = town, it's just a matter of playstyle, not alignment.
Blank.
CrashTextDummie
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
CrashTextDummie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:16 am

Post by CrashTextDummie »

I've skimmed through the thread (long 12 hours, I know...), and the most scummy person on the LoE is bird1111. He has been under fire for a long time, yet he never felt the need to really respond to the accusations against him. Scum shouldn't be allowed to do this just because they can't be pressured via bandwagons, and therefore I think that our mighty king should present him with an ultimatum.

Pablito has confused me entirely with his play, enough so that I don't think he should be killed anymore.
Unvote: pablito

Another person who stood out to me during my quick reread is ubertimmy. Just check out his isolated posts and you'll see what's wrong with him. If we can't get it done today, I would like to see some pressure on him tomorrow.
Vote: ubertimmy

I'll try to do a propper and thorough readthrough and will post a longish post before the deadline hits.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 7:56 am

Post by Glork »

Unvote Everyone

Back a little earlier than expected. Re-read coming in the next couple of hours. :)
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Nightson
Nightson
Goon
Nightson
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:03 am

Post by Nightson »

CrashTextDummie wrote:Pablito has confused me entirely with his play, enough so that I don't think he should be killed anymore.
Unvote: pablito
Being confusing = protown?
"Faust complained about having two souls in his breast, but I harbor a whole crowd of them and they quarrel. It is like being in a republic." ~Otto von Bismarck
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:40 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote: I'm not voting anyone, am I?
:roll:
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:33 am

Yosarian2 wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote: I'm not voting anyone, am I?
:roll:
Hey, his wording, not mine ;)
Permanent V/LA.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:36 am

spectrumvoid wrote:Why 'even Thok'?

Sorry about that, I meant to say you need good reasons for accusing someone. (My defence: vote counts are so confusing this game... I went by tone of posts instead of vote numbers :( )

Well, yes, his play could be different. But different play does not = scum or = town, it's just a matter of playstyle, not alignment.
That's exactly my point. the fact that he's playing differently does not in and of itself point towards a particular alignment, but if you look at the particular playstyle he's using, while it may not be optimal protown play, there are earmarks here and there that point to him being protown, as I've already pointed out.
Permanent V/LA.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:31 am

Post by Thok »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:

That's exactly my point. the fact that he's playing differently does not in and of itself point towards a particular alignment, but if you look at the particular playstyle he's using, while it may not be optimal protown play, there are earmarks here and there that point to him being protown, as I've already pointed out.
I didn't say that Phoebus's play suggests that he is protown; I said that the interaction of his play with yours suggests that it's not the case that both of you are scum. I am not ready yet to rule out the case that your scumdar is just off.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:32 am

Post by Thok »

EBWODP "I am not ready yet to rule out the case where you are a townie, and that your scumdar is just off".
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:09 pm

Post by Yosarian2 »

Mastermind of Sin wrote:
Could you be a little more clear on that? What has he done, exactally, that makes you think he's pro-town?
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie
MrBuddyLee
MrBuddyLee
Slightly better than 50-50
MrBuddyLee

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:11 pm

Post by MrBuddyLee »

People acting weird:

pablito
MoS
Phoebus
dialing in mildly protown reads since 2006
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 12:25 pm

Post by pablito »

I agree with MBL on that.

Also, more pressure on UberTimmy is good. I've been saying that for weeks now, glad to see someone finally see what I'd been saying.
Sup, later.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:04 pm

Thok wrote:
Mastermind of Sin wrote:

I didn't say that Phoebus's play suggests that he is protown; I said that the interaction of his play with yours suggests that it's not the case that both of you are scum. I am not ready yet to rule out the case that your scumdar is just off.
Then why are you voting me, and not him? Clearly you are more inclined to believe I'm scum and he's town than vice versa.
Permanent V/LA.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 6:23 pm

Post by Glork »

Okay, okay, so I ended up going out with some friends and didn't get around to posting. I super-duper promise that I'll post Tuesday sometime. Before noon. I'm really sorry. I've just let this game slip and I hate it.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Thok
Thok
Thok

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:24 pm

Post by Thok »

Whatever.
unvote MOS, unvote Amelislay, confirm vote Vaughn

Vaughn has made two posts in this game since I proclaimed that I wanted him executed (for his attack on PJ and his response to my defense), one asking me to explain why I wanted him dead and one saying "I'll catch up to this game", which was three days ago at the beginning of a weekend. He has also posted in Leekspin and Committee in that interval.

I am not willing to put up with Vaughn lurking in this game.
spectrumvoid
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
spectrumvoid
Problem Child
Problem Child

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:12 pm

Post by spectrumvoid »

I don't like lurking too, but why pick on one when so many people are lurking too?
Blank.
Mastermind of Sin
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Mastermind of Sin
Cassandra Complex
Cassandra Complex

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 1:55 am

Because he also has a personal issue with Vaughn, since he had already asked for him to be executed.
Permanent V/LA.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:43 am

Post by pablito »

I don't like the Vaughn lurking, but I don't find him scummy.

I'm currently buying the MoS argument regarding Phoebus.
I still don't see Phoebus as being more scummy than frustrating.

vote: Rosso Carne
for all the lurkers and non-posters I find his case the most compelling. He missed the original signup deadline and now that he's in the game, there's basically nothing of substance from him. I would've expected more passion from him in this specific game.
Sup, later.
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:16 pm

Post by Glork »

Assorted thoughts...

Rikimaru looks like a townie to me. Pablito listed possible suspicions of Riki in Post 89, but I basically disagree with him completely. I think that Riki's comment "I don't get it, are they distancing?" looks like curious, mildly-confused townie. Not scumbag planting the seeds of our demise.

I still don't know what to think of Pablito's defense of me. If he turns up town, I want him to explain this in postgame, because I really don't understand it.

Fritzler's pro-town, I think. And Cardboardbox strikes me as a pro-town newbie.

I really wanna vote MBL, but I don't think he's scum. I think he's acting like an idiot, and acting somewhat scummy... but I don't think he's scum. For now.

MoS is also a fucking moron. I don't like the "not voting" thing one bit. The "then read my posts and don't skim looking for votes" bit is bullshit. Votes, FoSes, IGMEOYs, and general suspicions are usually seen as different levels of suspicion. You should be making use of, at the very least, the first and the last. FoS/IGMEOY is optional, but they're pretty widely used and understood.

I wonder if Fritz's attacks on CrashTextDummie have some merit... I need to look into this later.

Thok doesn't sit well with me. I like Yos so far. The more I read, the less I like MoS's "I'm not going to vote" idea.

Is it just me or is the middle line of Post 199 teh ubar-scummy?

PJ's pro-town. End of story.

Pooky made a big ol' case against me in Post 211. I responded to this case in Post 218. To my knowledge, Pooky never responded to my rebuttal. That don't sit well with me.
Vote: Pooky
at least until I get a follow-up from him. I don't like when people go out of their way to make a case against someone and then just drop that case completely.

Post 225 just irritates me. I was being a bit immature (though I maintain that I meant no harm with my comments). Pablito's comment that I'm "trying to improve on [my] performance from Kingmaker the first" doesn't even apply.

:goodposting: by 'Slay.

For all the attention that bird1111 has gotten, I really don't have a reading on him either way. I just don't get anything from his posts. *Shrug*

Posts 248/249 reiterate my opinoin that MBL is being moronic. But moronic MBL usually means pro-town MBL. Usually.

Rosso's general hostility towars me doesn't surprise me (heck, his sig contains a completely unprovoked "glork sucks" quote), but I don't really like it. What I *do* find suspicious, though, is Post 277. I've already stated why I think Pooky may be scum. The fact that Rosso is quoting an overstated and completely-abandoned case with a mere ":goodposting:" makes me wonder. I'll
Vote: Rosso Carne
for good measure. Post 278 isn't very reassuring. "PJ is scum, no doubt about it"? I believe there is a great deal of doubt surrounding PJ's alignment.

I
really
don't like Post 289. I can't really explain why.
IGMEOY: Thok

In response to MBL's Post 317: Did you ever read Graduation Mafia? Rosso acted like a freaking moron in that game, and he was scum then. I think he's just a moron in general.

Don't like Rosso's excuse in Post 322. I will also note that his promise to elaborate went completely unfulfilled.
Confirm Vote: Rosso

The only person on PJ's initial LoE that I really advocate lynching today would be ChannelDelibird. Pablito is still an enigma to me, and I'm irritated with Phoebus' attitude. And as I said before, I just don't see the birdwagon.

Vote: CrashTextDummie
. Placeholder vote. I'm thinking Fritz may have found something, and I want to investigate what that something is.

Post 380 looks so laaaaazy!
FoS: Pablito
. I'm feeling a little better about his place on the LoE.

I pretty much agree with Post 398 completely. Finally MBL doesn't act like a lazy goof and his suspicions make sense. They pretty much parallel how I feel.

*SMACK* MoS for Post 405. For someone who's justifying his not-voting in part by telling people to read the entire game/thread carefully, he's not doing a very good job of it himself.

That's about it.

I'd like to see an execution out of one of the following: ChannelDelibird, Pooky, Rosso, Pablito, CrashTextDummie.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”