lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:07 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Well, in the post by Mod I only simply she doubles night actions. Do cops/Tina's actions count as night actions?
Mod?

Seriously? You know that cop arrests and Tina's poisoning are actions that take place in the night phase of the game. I told you that in the first post. And you're asking if they count as night actions? Really?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound indignant, but...ah never mind.

*Robin thinks there is still a lot we have to learn about the abilities and the roles before we can decide a strategy...*

I guess you can never be too careful. You never can tell if the Mod you got is some kind of Bastard Mod or not. Hey, that rhymes, sort of. Beauty, eh?

Anyhoo, Top of the page vote count:
Eleanor has 1 vote (Mary Rose, likely in jest.)
Nobody else is voting.
7 to lynch.
Used to play a lot, haven't played for like 8 years, would like to play again.
Snix
Snix
Goon
Snix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:36 am

Post by Snix »

Plans in this situation are always nice (/agree with everyone ever)

I think it would be helpful to Think about each role and it's power in terms of helpfulness and dangerousness to both sides.

My powers are more dangerous in the hands of Cops and only helpful to town as a middle-man

Wade's power is useless for everyone involved except him

Robin's powers are all one shots correct? And so we should use them sparingly. She has 2 bots useful to both sides and one only useful to town.

Carmen's power can only help town in a limited sense and would be easily detectable the next day. More dangerous to town (even if town)

Eleanor's only usefulness would be to a really convincing Tina or Cop Town gains very little from night planning after a full day of the same thing. Only possible bonus is sudden plan changes after a lynch reveals alignment, but that would only help in the late game when her network is far extended.

David should be careful with his power as it could lead to many Pro-town deaths quickly

Ralph can only add confusion to both sides.

Bruce will probably die quickly

Tom is only helpful to town and will be worthless to town if cop

Mary Rose should also be careful with her power as it could lead to many Pro-town deaths as well

Feel free to critique/add I know this is not perfect.

Also, I am up for any plan that doesn't involve me dieing.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:52 am

Post by ~Jordan` »

The mod is editing the questions as we go?

answer my question.

CAN I PROTECT MYSELF?

NO!!!!!!
kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:55 am

Post by ~Jordan` »

lewarcher82 wrote:Ok, I checked my PM's and xofelf is right. I can now assure you that I can use all the droids I want even in a single night. Hence I confirm that Chloe would give me potentially 2 kills, 2 investigations and 2 saves, if I wanted to play all my cards in a night. But this is pure speculation.

I am still convinced that my plan involving Chloe, the Zombie and Bruce would guarantee three nights of watcher's activity, if none of them is scum. I could investigate the Zombie in order to know if we can trust him, and the course of the events would probably make it evident if any among me and the three aforementioned people is scum (of course this would be fail iff me and the Zombie were both scum, but I have a feeling all the plans would have a similar problem).

This is my proposal. What do you people think about it?

*Robin lights a cigarette and takes some other pills, then she starts working with her laptop*
No. You ONLY HAVE 1 ROBOT.
skitzo
skitzo
Townie
skitzo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:01 pm

Post by skitzo »

yeah............. im the only unuseful one so i think ill just hide.............
"this is soooooo scary"
wade the coward
Prof. Guppy
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Prof. Guppy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:06 pm

Post by Prof. Guppy »

~Jordan` wrote:
lewarcher82 wrote:Ok, I checked my PM's and xofelf is right. I can now assure you that I can use all the droids I want even in a single night. Hence I confirm that Chloe would give me potentially 2 kills, 2 investigations and 2 saves, if I wanted to play all my cards in a night. But this is pure speculation.

I am still convinced that my plan involving Chloe, the Zombie and Bruce would guarantee three nights of watcher's activity, if none of them is scum. I could investigate the Zombie in order to know if we can trust him, and the course of the events would probably make it evident if any among me and the three aforementioned people is scum (of course this would be fail iff me and the Zombie were both scum, but I have a feeling all the plans would have a similar problem).

*Robin lights a cigarette and takes some other pills, then she starts working with her laptop*
No. You ONLY HAVE 1
OF EACH KIND OF
ROBOT
This
Last edited by Prof. Guppy on Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am the Titan of Trivia. Just ask StrangerCoug. I am the champion of his Wipeout game. Find it here.

I have a perfect Mafia record. I've died in every game I've been in.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:08 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

~Jordan` wrote:No. You ONLY HAVE 1 ROBOT.
Actually, he has three. Which can all be used at once.
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Prof. Guppy wrote:This
I'm confused.
Upcoming
Mini
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Not confused anymore, but i can see someone else being by now.
Upcoming
Mini
Rashiminos
Rashiminos
Goon
Rashiminos
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Post by Rashiminos »

We have 3 violations of putting the cart before the horse going on here:

FoS: Charles the Kidnapper
FoS: Wade the Conspiracy Theorist
FoS: Tom the Peeper

It's nice that some of us think we can mathematically fix this game with our roles. It's not so nice that some of us think it's a good idea telling which roles should target which other players given the existence of roles than can use that information (as well as the UCs/tina).

It's outright terrible that we're planning n1 even before we get a credible idea of what we want to do with our lynch today.

The people above need to answer this:
Rashiminos wrote:Does knowing the roles of the players in the game give you any particular inclinations in terms of who should be voted or not voted today? Please explain the response you give.
Mod: stark, springlullaby, and egruntz need prods

Carmen, David, and Eleanor can also respond to it when it can be confirmed that they are being actively played.
Show
Completed Games:
Newbie: 459, 625(replace), 642
Mini: 659

[i]Ralph, the Driv3r.[/i]
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:51 pm

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Making plans for the night is good, but what if the cops are messing up with it since the beginning? Or Tina?

I proposed the no-lynch because that way we'll have in the night plan all the players. Otherwise there could be some "noise" (unwanted things, like a mislynch) in the plan.

So, after some thoughts, I decided that I'm not too fond of making plans, but if that's the will of everyone, then it shall be done that way.

What? You all are a bunch of wussies! What happened to the bloodshed I was expecting? You bunch of little girls! I'll find Tina on my own, and when I'm butchering her, don't come asking me for a piece!
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:11 pm

Post by imaginality »

Rashiminos 109 wrote:Does knowing the roles of the players in the game give you any particular inclinations in terms of who should be voted or not voted today? Please explain the response you give.
If your question is a conditional one, then yes. I believe we should scumhunt rather than decide based on role alone, but if we are faced with two equally scummy players, one of whom can be pinned down due to confirmable night actions, the other of whom cannot be so easily pinned down, then we should lynch the less keep-an-eye-on-able of the two. Same goes if one has a more dangerous role (the ones who are able to kill with their night action) than the other.

If your question is a present tense (are people's roles in fact impacting on my choice of who to lynch today) question, then maybe. I need to re-read this game to see who looks scummiest before answering but I have a hunch or two along those lines.
Rashiminos 109 wrote:It's outright terrible that we're planning n1 even before we get a credible idea of what we want to do with our lynch today.
Disagree with this. It would be terrible if we form a plan now and then stick rigidly with it or lynch based purely on that. However, there's no harm in seeing what discussion the plans spark off, and it might be enlightening in later days to see who was in favour of or against particular plans.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:18 pm

Post by lewarcher82 »

~Jordan` wrote:

No. You ONLY HAVE 1 ROBOT.
Aehm, I am sorry, Bruce, but I have my PM and it states I have 3 and I can use allof them even in a single night. Why do you contraddict me with caps? You can ask the Mod, if you do not believe me. I have no problem in having him publicly answer this point...
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:59 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

Well, the fact that Bruce cannot protect himself is a bad news... I did not notice it before...

Still, assuming he and Mary Rose are not anti-town, we have the advantage that cops will never know whether Mary is protecting him, right?
lewarcher82
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
lewarcher82
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:25 am

Post by lewarcher82 »

oh, pardon, I meant Rose!!! ;-)
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:45 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

eh. Ok. Lets get to scumhunting.

I'd like to guess the cops have decent abilities that will help their mafia-ness, but it cant be as simple as that, since few of our abilities ar actually good.

Vote Snowbunny

Distract us with your humor if you will. But nothing about your role says "Prob town". I'd like to have our peeper peep on her from time to time, with unannounced visits. I wonder how a split personality undresses...

Focusing again. I am the martial artist, and I will stay focused!

if lewarcher mafia, i hate this setup.

I didnt say who I was gonna protect; i have an ida, but just that.

Also, to confirm me, tom can peep on me too, that bizombie, him. That will help show my honesty, as I plan to use my ability nightly in a obv protown way.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:11 pm

Post by imaginality »

~Jordan wrote:I'd like to guess the cops have decent abilities that will help their mafia-ness, but it cant be as simple as that, since few of our abilities ar actually good.
The rules wrote:2. Three characters have been
randomly selected
to be undercover policemen (mafia).
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:14 pm

Post by imaginality »

~Jordan` wrote:
springlullaby wrote:
TonyMontana wrote:Hi, my name is
Jack
and I'm your hit man. Gangsta to the core, and
can't wait to kill me a cop,
or better yet that bitch Tina.
Quoted for future reference.
amen.

also, pointing out that possibility will probably change the likelihood of it occurring, probably in a sporatic way.
What did you mean by that, ~Jordan?
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:16 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

imaginality wrote:
~Jordan wrote:I'd like to guess the cops have decent abilities that will help their mafia-ness, but it cant be as simple as that, since few of our abilities ar actually good.
The rules wrote:2. Three characters have been
randomly selected
to be undercover policemen (mafia).
Well that makes the game funner I suppose and rubs out my the part of my vote where I say snowbunny has a scummy ability. Still enough, for the RVS-comparable reasons I said earlier, my vote stands.

SPAM is the only thing I can point at and say scummy. We need progress b4 we can get a viable lynch. No lynch is currently illogical, especially w/ Tina around. She'll ruin any Night layout we plan, so its better off to keep it to ourselves.

Dont completely understand her ability much, but prob b/c i havent read into it enuff.

Reading it again.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:27 pm

Post by imaginality »

Oh and

Vote: David

Anti-lurker vote until someone scummier comes into view.
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:32 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

has David even posted? oh. say, could you put player name along w / role name in aruments in such?
~Jordan`
~Jordan`
Goon
~Jordan`
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:34 pm

Post by ~Jordan` »

egruntz wrote:Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! My name is
David
, and I have something
very
special planned for you all... Let's not get ahead of ourselves, however, as that's for another time... To get started, I will start with a prediction! Yes, that's right!

I predict that
Jack
is, indeed, Tina! Oh, you think I'm wrong, do you? Well, we'll see...we'll see...

Now, my grand audience, let the show begin!
that does sound scummy.

unvote; vote egruntz

you cant lynch for a single post and lurkhood, though. Can you?

I just want to hear from whoever David is eventually...
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:27 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

Read the rules,
Bruce
Upcoming
Mini
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash

Miss Mash

Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:39 pm

Post by xofelf »

Just a reminder, you have to vote character not player...
And I'd like to reserve judgement(and votes) til everyone gets a chance to say things.
Like, what happened to dear Eleanor? When was she last seen? And I didn't eat her, I promise.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

I wanted him to figure that out by reading the rules, Tom :p
Upcoming