jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:31 am

Post by jmj3000 »

Taking a V/LA for a couple of days to sort through some major life changes.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:23 am

Post by almightybob »

Socrates wrote:Here, let me put everything he said about charlie all together for you.
I still don't get what you're driving at, sorry. I'll do a PBPA of the posts in question, and tell you what I see. Then hopefully you can show me where your interpretation differs from mine.

My comments are bolded and italicised.
Ifrinn wrote:And if one person openly claims to have received a power role you can safely assume they would be chow food if Charlie is right in saying town have no set power roles.
Seems to discourage a roleclaim by stating that anyone who claimed would become a target for scum. Fair enough.

Charlie im not sure on what you are saying here.
Strange because he then goes on to show he does in fact understand the quote.
Coz I get the feeling that items are there to give a powerless town some leverage.
How can you ponder this when we have seen nothing in the way of a flip?
Asking why Charlie is already so confident Town has no PRs. Could potentially be an attempt to stifle discussion, but I don't see the scum benefit.

Refreshing from memory each boss has some kind of ability.
Is it the use of the word "boss" when referring to the scum that's the problem? Because I too had assumed, even before starting the game, that the scum roles would be that of the boss/special infected, eg Hunter, Boomer, Spitter blah blah, whereas the Town roles would be the Survivors and accompanying human cast. Potentially it could be a scumslip in admitting that the scum roles are in fact special infected, but as I said, I'd already assumed as much.

Agreed it is up for debate but i'd be at loathe to say i think town is powerless considering that we would need some defence from them even minimally.
Confusing sentence with the vague pronouns, but I read it as "I'd be loathe to say I think Town is powerless considering that [Town] would need some defence from [scum] even minimally".
are we certain that they ARE any town PRs in this zombie infested wasteland?

Both statements just rubbed me up the wrong way.
Not really sure why, but OK.

If town receives an item tonight and then is killed off by scum the same night. In the scenario in your mind does this mean we'll have to wait another whole day for the item?
Unless we get more than one item a day, that is how I'd imagined the item process going - someone, hopefully a Townie, gets an item. The scum then try to kill off that person to prevent the item being used against them.

Charlie what is your experience with either part of the AI director? Ive checked your wiki but there is no love there.
Asking Charlie if he's ever played with Reck or Kise (the two parts of the AI Director). I don't see the point in asking, but no problem here.
Ifrinn wrote:
Are we certain that they ARE any town PRs in this zombie infested wasteland?
Sorry. I forgot to mention this sounded like rolefishing. Minus town points.
I disagree that it looks like rolefishing. It seems more like setup speculation. It's not specific enough for rolefishing.

So that's what I understood from and saw in those posts. Frankly, I'm not sure what the fuss is about. Perhaps I'm just not thinking with portals, but I don't see anything majorly scummy, apart from the potential "boss" scumslip which I can't honestly call a scumslip since I'd thought the same.
And I'm also a bit suspicious of the wagon, because it allows anyone to jump on saying "oh yeah I totally saw it too, Ifrinn is obvscum" without actually saying
what
they saw, or
why
it was scummy. See Amished's 82 and Anon's 84 for perfect examples of what I mean.

Socrates wrote:Incidentally, Bob, why do you think Ifrinn bothered to tell you to chill about the wagon on you? How does it make you feel about him?
I think he commented on it because it was the biggest wagon at the time, and 4 RVS falling on the same player is a little unusual. Not sure why he told me to chill, because I'd have thought from my reaction that it was pretty obvious I was already chilled/uncaring about RVS votes. Could be buddying I suppose, but if it is, it's a failed attempt. It doesn't really sway my opinion of him either way.

I've never played with a hydra - didn't even know what it was until I checked the wiki - but I suppose it explains the asterisks. Not sure how it will affect gameplay, but guess we'll just have to find out. I suppose it could be harder to detect a hydra scum because they'd have multiple players checking and being careful of scumslips. But it could equally be a Town advantage, like having one extra player to scumhunt.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:26 am

Post by almightybob »

Forgot to include this:
DocPotter wrote:I can think of a few reasons why DN would ask about the VT pm, only one marks him as scum.
Do share.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Are you a video gamer? Had enough of [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryH2WemACIM]this kind of ignorance[/url]? Then [url=http://playstuff.tumblr.com/post/471266385/ignorance]sign the petition[/url].
Fongoid
Fongoid
Goon
Fongoid
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Fongoid »

@all: do me a favour and iso bv310...what there ISN'T scummy?
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Socrates »

Ifrinn wrote:*@Socrates: I like hearing people out. Addressing DeathNote is forbidden now? Im also awaiting for my other halves opinion on the matter as im currrently undecided.
the Mod wrote:DeathNote (4): DizzyIzzyB13, Ifrinn, almightybob, bv310
Bandwagoning a person you are "undecided" about and want to "hear out"?

Thatguy: Thats not quite what I was looking for but I like your style.

Bob: *sigh*

Charlie: Thoughts on Ifrin?

Doc: Is that a fishing pole I see in 92? Thoughts on Ifrin?

Fongoid: Bv is not scummy to me.

Bv: Ifrin is a better wagon. Come on over!
almightybob
almightybob
Goon
almightybob
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:23 am

Post by almightybob »

Socrates wrote:Bob: *sigh*
Helpful.
So what has to happen before you actually say what you think is scummy? And what are you hoping to gain from keeping it a secret while still encouraging people to join the wagon?
More importantly, how are we going to get Amished and Anon to prove that they actually thought something was scummy about Ifrinn? As opposed to just going "Oh yeah that's what I meant" when you eventually do post?

If you present an actual case, I'm more than happy to look at it. But just saying "He's scummy just because, and if you can't see why tough" and then still encouraging people to vote... that's not good Town play.
I'm a townie! Honest!

Ifrinn
Ifrinn
Townie
Ifrinn
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:36 am

Post by Ifrinn »

*@DocPotter. People announcing they have received an item at any stage that is not absolutely necessary ie. a guilty. And even at this ONLY after a medkit has been dropped so that protection may be provided. As said we need to implent the idea of a popcorn order once an item is dropped.

See, I had considered that Socrates enthusiasm was the fault to his plan and he was not thinking right. Again see my first paragraph. There is no need for anyone to
confirm
they have an item until absolutely necessary. Either when a mass claim rolls round or someone receives a guilty.

@Charlie. So your judging our dear mod on the persona of the AI Director?! lol. Right. Well my knowledge on L4D is exceedingly limited. And im not asking my ex for tips and tricks any time soon. But i still dont see how you can assume off the bat we are all vanilla's. But as we are agreed upon, time will tell. However imho there was no need to ask "ARE we sure there are any PR in this zombie infected wasteland" and that just set alarm bells in my ears. But i am only one half of a being so unless there is something i consider potentially solid i like to refrain my vote.

Regarding the DeathNote vote, i seen what i thought was a good basis for a vote, why would one need a sample town pm if one is town. But this is apparently in his meta. I do however reserve the right to say that i do not like the action.

@ThatGuy00. Pay attention. You see only 25% of the playerfield can ACTUALLY take the item. Just because you are the first person to post does not mean you will be the one to receive the item. Scum will be taking a shot in the dark hopefully.

@AlmightyBob. Im a progressive writer. I write what i think, when i think it and then consider it as i write.
Ah! I see now what Socrates potential problem with me is.

@Socrates. Your scummying me because an ex told me that the main antagonists of L4D are the bosses? LMFAO. Oh well then i partially understand the suspicion. But from what i understood from him, the bosses were his main foes.

@Bob. If they were one shot items i'd be more inclined to say that it'd be once per day, maybe before night. Speculation but we will see how this turns out.

Nah. I comment on whatever i stands out to me as neatly as i can. Otherwise its a complete ZAWNZZZZZ.

@Socrates. You do not understand that my opinion is constantly chopping and changing. DeathNote's mod request for a sample pm = bad. However he has proven that is in his meta to ask stupid things like that and flip town(if he is town). So i am taking this into consideration. Therefore my vote is resting now. I said i was undecided, i did not proclaim his innocence. As previously stated i am awaiting my other halves opinion.

@Fongoid. I will look at bv when i get a chance.
"You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain."
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:47 am

Post by bv310 »

@Socrates, what is the your reasoning on Ifrinn? So far, all I've found is a post by you on Page three where you just say "Follow me, I'm right" which really isn't all that convincing.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:53 am

Post by bv310 »

Ifrinn, I'll save you some time. He's saying I'm scum for voting for DeathNote along with both you and Bob. His argument is that since I didn't post the same reasons as you two, I'm clearly scum trying to bandwagon on a quicklynch. He doesn't seem to realise that votes are our way of applying pressure in order to get a player to explain their post.

Seeing as at no time did we move remotely close to a lynch, his suspicion seems to me to be scum overreacting at his partner getting three votes.
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Nelly632 »

I might be missing something but my take on the Deathnote lynch is because he requested a sample PM...

My thinking is that if he infact was scum why not PM the MOD and simply ask for it in private? Instead he asks for it where everyone can see...

Just doesnt seem like something a scummer would do IMO...

I think I saw above that he is at 4 votes... A bandwagon for that seems highly odd and to me makes me believe his lynch is not going to land us scum...
Socrates
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Socrates
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:10 am

Post by Socrates »

almightybob wrote:
Socrates wrote:Bob: *sigh*
Helpful.
So what has to happen before you actually say what you think is scummy? And what are you hoping to gain from keeping it a secret while still encouraging people to join the wagon?
More importantly, how are we going to get Amished and Anon to prove that they actually thought something was scummy about Ifrinn? As opposed to just going "Oh yeah that's what I meant" when you eventually do post?

If you present an actual case, I'm more than happy to look at it. But just saying "He's scummy just because, and if you can't see why tough" and then still encouraging people to vote... that's not good Town play.
Bob, what do YOU think my intentions are by being obtuse about this?

What do you think about my alignment?
Ifrinn wrote:@Socrates. Your scummying me because an ex told me that the main antagonists of L4D are the bosses? LMFAO. Oh well then i partially understand the suspicion. But from what i understood from him, the bosses were his main foes.
BZZZT. Try again.

Hey, Anon, Amished. I want to ask you guys a question. Nelly is ignoring the clamoring I am making about Ifrinn. Do you think this is at all significant?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Amished »

@Socrates: Nelly seems to be more concerned with being right about a townie. A fellow scum would have a vested interest one way or another (bussing for town-cred or defending to keep the person alive). Reads as a SK almost.

Doesn't look town in any case; since the last time I called somebody an SK they were just scum =\

tl; dr version: Teammate of Ifrinn would have something to say after this much discussion. Reads as another form of scum (SK or alternate scumgroup)
I'm going on a crusade to put more thought into my posts.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:54 am

Post by Nelly632 »

Hey, Anon, Amished. I want to ask you guys a question. Nelly is ignoring the clamoring I am making about Ifrinn. Do you think this is at all significant?
I am sorry can you dumb that down for me because I have no clue what you are saying... You can treat me like a two year old I will not be offended...
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:56 am

Post by Amished »

He wants to know our (Anon/me) opinions on your lack of acknowledging the Ifrinn case.

No, my name is not "Ed."
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Bob: Well, he could just be pointing out a mod error, being a mod himself. Or tweeky Reck/Kise's nose a little. Or just being DN. He has something of a rep

Soc: Not the role kind. I was curious if Charlie was acting from inside info (Which in a way he is using info from the actual game) or if he'd spotted something.

Fungoid: Spell it out please, because all I see is BV310 being BV310.

Amished, are you saying that the lack or style of activity discussing the vote on Ifrinn points to SK|alternate scum?
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by Amished »

This is gonna be kinda long winded and probably in a couple circles, so you're forewarned.

In any situation: Nelly-town would be best off to comment on anything to explain his thoughts/line of reasoning. He's not so from here on I'll be assuming nelly-scum

If Ifrinn is town in single-scum setup: Nelly would know that Ifrinn is town and could either start a mislynch or defend a townie for bonus points.

If Ifrinn is scum in single-scum setup: Nelly could buss for town-cred or defend to save a partner from a veiled attack. (Or ignore it and see which way gains more steam so he can have the more accepted opinion later on, but it's better to take a stand and just go with it as scum)

If Ifrinn is town or opposite alignment scum in multi-scum, Nelly wouldn't really know Ifrinn's alignment; but could take a risk and defend or attack depending on a personal read as he's scumhunting anyways.

If Ifrinn is scumbuddies with Nelly in multi-scum: defending is much more important as the numbers aren't there to buss as freely.

So it doesn't make sense for Nelly to ignore pretty much half of the serious game as town, and it doesn't make sense for Nelly to ignore an attack on a scumbuddy in multi-scum. It can make sense if they're partners in single-scum; but I think it makes the most sense in multi-scum; where Nelly and Ifrinn aren't aligned.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

Or you can have the truth which is that I am at work and skimmed through the post only actually seeing the fact that Deathnote was being attacked.

Upon seeing that my lack of reading the thread properly has stirred a debate on my alligance I will make it my highest prioty to read the thread properly upon arriving at home...

At that point I will give my opinion on every single detail of this game going as far as to quote a crazy amount of post in order to make these early questions of my alligance go away...

Is that better?
Amished
Amished
Mafia Scum
Amished
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:11 pm

Post by Amished »

Not really as Ifrinn was just as much a topic of debate as DeathNote (or possibly even more). You made it a priority to comment on DeathNote probably being town (now for admittedly skimmed reasons), but you didn't comment on Ifrinn.

No, my name is not "Ed."
Nelly632
Nelly632
Goon
Nelly632
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Nelly632 »

Amished wrote:Not really as Ifrinn was just as much a topic of debate as DeathNote (or possibly even more). You made it a priority to comment on DeathNote probably being town (now for admittedly skimmed reasons), but you didn't comment on Ifrinn.
As noted due to skimming... The thing that stood out more was the vote count I saw last on this page which had him at 4...

As I noted.. with time I will account for this mistake with a detailed opinion on the matter at hand...
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:23 pm

Post by The AI Director »

Ellis
: Finally, all them karate lessons gonna pay off.

The Second Vote Count of Day OneAmished (1): DocPotter
DocPotter (1): CSL
Socrates (1): Pomegranate
Ifrinn (4): Dr.Cyanide, Socrates, Amished, Anon
thatguy00 (1): Nelly632
Pomegranate (1): xofelf
DeathNote (6): DizzyIzzyB13, Ifrinn, almightybob, bv310, thatguy00, Charlie

Not voting (3): DeathNote, jmj3000, Fongoid
The AI Director
The AI Director
Goon
The AI Director
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by The AI Director »

As your group struggles to survive, something catches your eye. On the decrepit table of an abandoned Burger Shack, some kind of awful, putrid stench fills the air. The whole group gets closer before they see a vial of
Boomer Bile
sitting on the table. That shit smells disgusting, but it could prove useful in the long run...

The
Boomer Bile
is up for grabs! 25% of the player list is eligible to reach for it so that would be
four players
! If you'd like to reach for it, you must publicly type
Grab: Boomer Bile
!
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by DeathNote »

What do you think this does?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by bv310 »

Boomer Bile in the game draws the horde, so I'd assume this is a one-shot vig weapon.

Sorry if this isn't following the plan, but I'd rather get it before scum does.
DocPotter
DocPotter
Goon
DocPotter
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:42 pm

Post by DocPotter »

Mod, does that mean that if we get to the point of 6 players left in the game items will be first grab gets?

Yes.
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by DeathNote »

DeathNote wrote:
Dr.Cyanide wrote:
Grab: SubMachineGun

Alright, don't anybody move! This, is a stickup!

Zombie Lords, show yer'selves.
Zombie Lords?
By the way, I am still intrigued by this post. What is everyone else's thoughts on this?
Looking for love in Alderaan places.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”