Mini 1009 ÔÇô Popularity mafia (Game over - Mafia wins)

mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:52 am

Post by mothrax »

Ok wow...
The only response to that I have is this... call it an AtE if you will, i don't really care at this point.
I play mafia for fun, not to be hardcore or to prove anything to anyone, if you don't like that, deal with it. I can handle you calling out flaws in my arguments, I can handle you pointing out things that might make me look scummy. But when you insult me personally and change it to personal attacks, that is where I draw the line. I am not a "dumbass," in fact, far from it if my GPA, test scores, and language proficiencies say anything. I will ask you nicely once, please do not attack me as a person. Attack me as a player all you want, fine, but please don't cross that line again.

Vote count
(12 players alive = 7 to lynch before deadline)

(2) Blackberry – Korts, Thief
(2) Thief - eljcko, Blackberry
(2) mothrax - scotmany12, ChannelDelibird
(1) Iron Man - Simenon
(1) Cuethlachtli – Ectomancer
(1) Ectomancer - mothrax

Not voting: Cuethlachtli, Iron Man, tumescence

:arrow: Day 1 – (Deadline is August 10)

Last edited by Johoohno on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Simenon wrote:
cuet wrote:Define flailing and elaborate on why you think I am doing it.
Flailing: defending yourself with disproportionate emotion and verbiage. Statements like "OMG your Crap-Logic is nauseating" and your repeated use of "unfair" seem desperate. That post is too long.
It looks like you mostly have a problem with my play-style. I will continue to incorporate sarcastic verbiage in my walls of text. That said, allow me to reiterate one of my points in a concise manner.

In my first post, I took a stance on RVS and gave a reason on how it could be useful. My intent was to persuade other players to participate in RVS if they were on the fence after BB's comments.

Ecto then began to criticize my play. His expectation was for me to act upon my reason for advocating RVS. In other words, he wanted me to identify scum slips made during RVS, regardless if scum slips were made or not! Do you see how this is illogical and thus, an
unfair
expectation for me?
Johoohno
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
Johoohno
He
16777215 km/h
16777215 km/h
Pronoun: He

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Johoohno »

Ectomancer has asked for a replacement and drmyshottyizsik has offered to step in. Thanks Ectomancer for playing and thanks drmyshottyizsik for replacing in (effective immediately)!
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:02 am

Post by Blackberry »

mothrax wrote:I am not a "dumbass," in fact, far from it if my GPA, test scores, and language proficiencies say anything. I will ask you nicely once, please do not attack me as a person. Attack me as a player all you want, fine, but please don't cross that line again.
I was going to say something simular, but apparently Ectomancer has been replaced. Regardless, I don't think it's beneficial for anyone for people to get angry with people and call them hateful names. I understand at times things can and will be frustrating when other people do not understand your viewpoint/think your viewpoint is wrong, but using angry words only invokes hatefulness, and if one or both or town, that hatefulness only helps the mafia. Plus, this game is meant for fun, and if someone had used the word to call me a "dumbass" or something along those lines, I wouldn't be having fun anymore.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Blackberry »

I am disappointed Ecto left now though, he was someone that provoked people, and those provokings can get people to react, thus allowing for better reads on people. :/
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:07 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

Hi everyone I will now read threw and post my thoughts.
#freeShotty
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:19 am

Ok after my read threw I have to say that my scum meter flaired up when reading Blackberry's post. My reasoning for this is that he always is trying to justify and make himslef clear. He also rebuts just about anything, nomatter what or who it's about. I see this as a tactic in which he is trying to make himself look useful and smart thus gaining the towns trust, but I see right threw it
Vote: Blackberry
#freeShotty
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Korts »

Skimmed only a bit, will do a grand catch-up after regaining some mental energy. One comment. Grow the fuck up, mothrax. Ecto didn't attack your person, he attacked your persona. Knowing Ecto, he wouldn't call you a dumbass without reason--either your arguments make you sound like one, or he has a hidden agenda.

Also, Ecto, please don't get emotional. I thought you were better than to leave a game just because someone is easily offended.
scumchat never die
Iron Man
Iron Man
Goon
Iron Man
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Iron Man »

Wow, nothing like a huge wall of text to brighten my day.

Quick notes: Mothrax, I know ecto may have insulted you, but seriously chill. This game has gotten a little ridiculous on that front.

Will post more later.
I'm back.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:24 am

Post by mothrax »

Iron Man wrote:Quick notes: Mothrax, I know ecto may have insulted you, but seriously chill. This game has gotten a little ridiculous on that front.
This can also be viewed as a response to the person who told me to "grow the fuck up." If my response seemed immature I appologize for that, however I am not going to sit back and let someone insult my intelligence. If you guys have that much of a problem with the way I handled that then fine, let me know I and I will ask to replace out. Otherwise, this whole issue is becoming more of a distraction than I intended. This is the last I want to speak of this so lets get back to hunting scum.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Korts »

mothrax: I would much rather have you not overreacting to in-game scumhunting tactics than you replacing out. Emotions play a part in mafia, and it's wholly unprofessional to take the emotional outbursts out of the game and handle them like they're serious attacks. I realize you may not enjoy the game as we play it, but not only is this provocative element a natural part of any argument, it's a valuable scumhunting tool. Political correctness never found scum.

Meanwhile, there's not enough votes on Blackberry. or mothrax, for that matter. Wishy-washy connections all round. If we could have parallel wagons on them, that would be nice, tyia

I also tend to agree with Simenon about Iron Man and Cuetlachtli. I'm surprised Cuetlachtli's overreaction to Ecto didn't raise more eyebrows.
Thief wrote:The fact that he misreps my Iron Man vote as genuine
Wait what. How can someone misrep your thought process if you haven't made any claims to what your thought process is? I realize Blackberry is scum, but don't be throwing shit at random, just what's sure to stick. And then we can lynch you afterward for throwing shit to see what sticks. And blatant wagonhopping. And then some.
scumchat never die
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Ectomancer »

Lost my job. My apologies to Mothrax. Have a great game guys and gals. Sorry Korts, maybe next time?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:41 am

Post by Simenon »

Sorry to hear that, Ecto.
Cuet wrote:It looks like you mostly have a problem with my play-style. I will continue to incorporate sarcastic verbiage in my walls of text. That said, allow me to reiterate one of my points in a concise manner.

In my first post, I took a stance on RVS and gave a reason on how it could be useful. My intent was to persuade other players to participate in RVS if they were on the fence after BB's comments.

Ecto then began to criticize my play. His expectation was for me to act upon my reason for advocating RVS. In other words, he wanted me to identify scum slips made during RVS, regardless if scum slips were made or not! Do you see how this is illogical and thus, an unfair expectation for me?
You've made this clear in four sentences, so I'm not sure why so much was required before.
Your initial response to Ecto was also concise (although difficult for me to understand). Why did you resort to a "wall of text" later on?
drmy wrote:My reasoning for this is that he always is trying to justify and make himslef clear.
Not sure what this is trying to prove.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Simenon
Simenon
Entitled
Simenon
Entitled
Entitled

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:42 am

Post by Simenon »

EBWODP: Five sentences. I'm referring to the last two portions of that post.
SEND THE VECTOIDS
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Simenon wrote:You've made this clear in four sentences, so I'm not sure why so much was required before.
Your initial response to Ecto was also concise (although difficult for me to understand).
Why did you resort to a "wall of text" later on
?
I was responding to all of Ecto's Crap-Logic™ in full. If you read Ecto ISO 0, Cuet ISO 1, Ecto ISO 7 in order, then Cuet ISO 2 makes sense.

Your initial response to Ecto was also concise (
although difficult for me to understand
)
In Cuet ISO 2 (the one with the huge "wall of text"), I elaborated on all my points made in Cuet ISO 1. I don't get why you are still confused. Unless you are trying to soft sell a Cuet lynch...
Cuetlachtli
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Cuetlachtli
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:12 pm

Post by Cuetlachtli »

Korts wrote:I'm surprised Cuetlachtli's overreaction to Ecto didn't raise more eyebrows.
I got a couple of questions for you Korts:

1. If you thought my response to Ecto was a overreaction, why didn't you vote to lynch me?

2. Why do you even think it was a overreaction? Explain in detail why you think I over reacted.

3. It looks to me like you are trying to soft sell my lynch. Is this true or not?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:21 pm

Post by Korts »

Cuetlachtli wrote:If you thought my response to Ecto was a overreaction, why didn't you vote to lynch me?
The fact that you're a low priority doesn't mean that you're not on the radar. Fuck off with the stupid questions, the world doesn't revolve around you.

I am not going to explain in detail anything, because I don't want to get into walls of text. I am going to give clear, concise responses. Why I think it was an overreaction is simple: your response was disproportionately large, detailed and emotional in comparison to Ecto's post.

And what the fuck do you mean by soft selling a lynch? I am not a salesperson, I just have multiple suspects.
scumchat never die
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Post by Korts »

I'm sorry to hear that, Ecto. I hope it works out for the better.
scumchat never die
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:07 am

Hey Korts it's kind of scummy to dodge questions. Please answer them I'm quite interested in the answers.
#freeShotty
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Blackberry »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok after my read threw I have to say that my scum meter flaired up when reading Blackberry's post. My reasoning for this is that he always is trying to justify and make himslef clear. He also rebuts just about anything, nomatter what or who it's about. I see this as a tactic in which he is trying to make himself look useful and smart thus gaining the towns trust, but I see right threw it
A) Which post are you referring to?

B) "I'm trying to justify and make myself clear" - so you are saying townspeople should say things and not justify them? Also, in a game where the TOWN VOTES on who to save each night, you think it's a bad idea to "justify yourself and make oneself clear." I find that very odd.

C) Where have I rebutted everything no matter who or what it's about?

D) What are your thoughts on Thief after reading my posts on him?
Korts wrote:mothrax: I would much rather have you not overreacting to in-game scumhunting tactics than you replacing out. Emotions play a part in mafia, and it's wholly unprofessional to take the emotional outbursts out of the game and handle them like they're serious attacks. I realize you may not enjoy the game as we play it, but not only is this provocative element a natural part of any argument, it's a valuable scumhunting tool. Political correctness never found scum.

Meanwhile, there's not enough votes on Blackberry. or mothrax, for that matter. Wishy-washy connections all round. If we could have parallel wagons on them, that would be nice, tyia

I also tend to agree with Simenon about Iron Man and Cuetlachtli. I'm surprised Cuetlachtli's overreaction to Ecto didn't raise more eyebrows.
Thief wrote:The fact that he misreps my Iron Man vote as genuine
Wait what. How can someone misrep your thought process if you haven't made any claims to what your thought process is? I realize Blackberry is scum, but don't be throwing shit at random, just what's sure to stick. And then we can lynch you afterward for throwing shit to see what sticks. And blatant wagonhopping. And then some.
A) You're comment "I realize Blackberry is scum" suggests you are confident that I am scum, HOWEVER, I see no reason for you to feel that way. So please, elaborate why you think that. A genuine town player would have reasons to think someone is mafia. Mafia, on the other hand, will just say they think someone is mafia, and not have the realness to back it up.

B) You suggest lynching Thief
after
me. Which almosts suggests to me that you KNOW I'll turn up innocent. Afterall, why lynch Thief for suspect a mafia player if that is what you actually think I am?
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Korts »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Hey Korts it's kind of scummy to dodge questions. Please answer them I'm quite interested in the answers.
I don't see you asking me questions, no matter how hard I read your posts. Nor do I remember ignoring anyone else's questions.

BB: I've made my case against you. Your inconsistent stance toward mothrax is a big point against you. And I really resent your know-it-all attitude about what town and mafia do and their reasonings for doing so. Please grow some perspective and realize that no two people think exactly alike, regardless of alignment. Your second point doesn't really make much sense. The suspicion of Thief has nothing to do with you.
scumchat never die
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:10 am

I got a couple of questions for you Korts:
Ok I will re asked cuet's questions maybe you will answer them when I ask.

1. If you thought his response to Ecto was a overreaction, why didn't you vote to lynch him?

2. Why do you even think it was a overreaction? Explain in detail why you think he over reacted.

3. It looks to me like you are trying to soft sell his lynch. Is this true or not?
#freeShotty
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Blackberry »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:Hey Korts
it's kind of scummy to dodge questions
. Please answer them I'm quite interested in the answers.
Blackberry wrote:
drmyshottyizsik wrote:Ok after my read threw I have to say that my scum meter flaired up when reading Blackberry's post. My reasoning for this is that he always is trying to justify and make himslef clear. He also rebuts just about anything, nomatter what or who it's about. I see this as a tactic in which he is trying to make himself look useful and smart thus gaining the towns trust, but I see right threw it
A) Which post are you referring to?

B) "I'm trying to justify and make myself clear" - so you are saying townspeople should say things and not justify them? Also, in a game where the TOWN VOTES on who to save each night, you think it's a bad idea to "justify yourself and make oneself clear." I find that very odd.

C) Where have I rebutted everything no matter who or what it's about?

I found this contradiction humorous, although I am making nothing of it at the moment (I mostly just get annoyed when people don't answer my question right away).
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Blackberry »

First, that quote thing in my previous post didn't work: A, B, and C should be in a quote.
Korts wrote:BB: I've made my case against you. Your inconsistent stance toward mothrax is a big point against you. And I really resent your know-it-all attitude about what town and mafia do and their reasonings for doing so.
Please grow some perspective and realize that no two people think exactly alike
, regardless of alignment. Your second point doesn't really make much sense. The suspicion of Thief has nothing to do with you.
* Inconsistent stance on mothrax? I get the gut feeling he is town. Show me how I am inconsistent.

* You are voting me because you resent my attitude? Nothing that has to do with my alignment, but how I percieve and play the game? Explain to me how that makes any sense.

* I think the stance that the mafia can not genuinely look for scum the same way town do IS true. You disagree with that? When did I say two people think exactly alike? I find your bolded comment offensive, because you assume incorrect ideas. I am a very open-minded individual and am well aware that no two people play alike, regardless: mafia can not fake the sincere scumhunting that a real townsperson has. I don't see how you could think that stance is wrong.

* Your suspicion of Thief SHOULD have to do with me, because his "throwing shit at random" is at ME.
Korts
Korts
Luddite
Korts
Luddite
Luddite

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Korts »

drmyshottyizsik wrote:I got a couple of questions for you Korts:
Ok I will re asked cuet's questions maybe you will answer them when I ask.

1. If you thought his response to Ecto was a overreaction, why didn't you vote to lynch him?

2. Why do you even think it was a overreaction? Explain in detail why you think he over reacted.

3. It looks to me like you are trying to soft sell his lynch. Is this true or not?
For fuckssake learn to read. I answered those, insofar as such stupid questions can be answered.

BB: your inconsistency comes from you admitting that what mothrax said relating to your likely alignment flip would be scummy--that is, if you didn't know YOUR alignment. The two have nothing to do with each other, that is, your knowledge of your own alignment and mothrax's behavior.

And no, my resentment has no bearing on my vote, that was just meant as a side comment. You acting like you're dispensing superior knowledge about optimal scum and town behavior in every post of yours is just... fucking annoying me no end. I don't mean to insult you, but you insult my intelligence with your attitude, whether you do it intentionally or not.

And Thief may throw shit at a scumpartner just as much as at a town-aligned player. Hence my case on you and my points against him have no connection.

That said I think I've squeezed as much juice as I can from the BB wagon for now. Moving on.

vote: drmyshottyizsik

Posting useless fluff, using others' reasoning, accusing people of tactics you are far guiltier of. What else can you show me?
scumchat never die

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”