Newbie 997 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Mutilator7
Mutilator7
Townie
Mutilator7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:25 am

Post by Mutilator7 »

nurC wrote: muti (for lack of discussion when he first joined, placing a vote to draw attention away from himself and for being worried about how he is being perceived)]
How did my vote draw attention away from me? Me voting a2rudeboy actually caused more people to be suspicious of me because i voted him because he wasn't posting. As for worrying how people perceive me, i'm still new to what people think is more scummy than something else, which apparently is everything. :neutral:
BonK!
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:36 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

Most things can be done with both a town and scum motivation. Town's main motivation is finding out who's scum, scum's main motivation is staying alive. No matter what you do, if you give the impression of being more concerned with staying alive than with finding scum, people are going to be suspicious of you.

Currently, I would be happiest with either a FEMM or Mutilator lynch. Dekes brought up some very good points against FEMM, which reinvigorated my suspicions of her. Mutilator suffers from a sever lack of scumhunting.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 5:22 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Vote Count - Day 1

9 alive; 5 to lynch

Mutilator7 (2) - MichelSableheart, nurC
FEMM the Attorney (1) - Dekes
theguide730 (1) - FEMM the Attorney

Yet to Vote (5) - a2rudeboy, Mutilator7, theguide730, ChosenSoul, Krieger

Activity Check

a2rudeboy has asked to be replaced. Going to post in the Queue now.
theguide730 has been prodded. He has until Tuesday to pick up said prod.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Mutilator7
Mutilator7
Townie
Mutilator7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 6:49 am

Post by Mutilator7 »

Note @ Mod and Everyone

I will be out of town today (leaving now) and tomorrow, i'm getting home tomorrow so i will try to post then but no guarantees until Monday, thanks.
BonK!
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:19 am

Post by Dekes »

Wow. Game needs way more activity.

@Krieger
Good thing you want to re-read the thread. Shouldn't take long either. If you're finished - and the same goes for
Chosensoul
-, please don't be afraid to vote. The most useful weapon for town on Day 1 is reaction fishing since we are cluless of anyone's alignment right now and we can't gain information by analyzing relations and wagons based on a flip/nightkill. The best way to get reactions out of people is by voting them (and questioning their reactions).

I really would like people to join my FEMM wagon.
FEMM the Attorney #99 wrote:
Unvote
. Though I'm not completley satifisfied with rudeboy's post, I don't think I need to pressure anymore.
Hate this post. So you unvoted because he responded to his prod and you felt you didn't need to pressure him anymore. It had nothing to do with us calling you out on your suspicious vote? Or was it because no one else but your scumbuddy joined that poor wagon? And what do you do next?
FEMM the attorney#99 wrote:I think a few people besides Mutilator and I are doing just as less scumhunting.
Vote: theguide730.
Why the hell do you feel the need to defend Mutilator?
And who do you vote? The next easiest target. The only person besides Mutilator and you who has been suspected and the person who hasn't posted in three days. And on top of that you don't even give a reason for your vote. Feels like trying to build a counterwagon to either your or Mutilator's wagon.

Overall all of this screams scummy. I really don't want to believe in a Mutilator/FEMM scum team, because both scum trying to start a wagon on a person, who's absent and now FEMM defending Mutilator would be incredibly poor scum play.

I think FEEM is scummier at the moment, but if no one joins my wagon by tomorrow night I will switch over to Mutilator. We're almost a week into Day 1 and we have way too little information to work with.
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Post by theguide730 »

Sorry for the inactivity. I had to take care of some stuff for college, and I forgot about this game in the rush of getting everything fixed up. Will be more active from here on out.

Also, I'll throw Dekes a bone, and
Vote: Femm
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:41 pm

Post by theguide730 »

Femm, is there anyone else you think is scummy, or is it just me atm?
nurC
nurC
Goon
nurC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by nurC »

@Dekes:
Agree with your analysis of FEMM's latest post, he definitely seemed to be responding to everyone else's pressure rather than because of the reason that was supplied, also he picked on a very easy target whom many people already noticed.
however, I'm not crazy about bandwagons this early (we still got 2 weeks or more?), so I'm not as eager as you are with that.

@theguide:
The way you jumped on that FEMM wagon without supplying a reason, and (as far as I recall) without ever mentioning any suspicions about FEMM is a bit weird (also maybe a bit of OMGUS). I still can't figure you out, your style of play is just a little peculiar for me.

@Muti: I kinda feel bad for picking on you so much after your last post, but at the same time, that sounded to me a bit like an AtE... maybe AtE isn't the perfect term, its more like "im new so excuse my scummy mistakes", which is true, but at the same time, you can see how someone could abuse that a little.
MichelSableheart
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
MichelSableheart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by MichelSableheart »

@nurC: there is no need to go to deadline if we believe we have found scum. More discussion is good, waiting till deadline without anything relevant happening isn't. Besides, a bandwagon at L-2 is still pretty far from a lynch. If you feel your vote is better placed on FEMM, feel free to switch.

That being said, I feel there is still more to be discussed. Dekes, nurC and me seem to be the only ones who actually give opinions at this point in time. I would like theguide, FEMM, mutilator, Krieger and ChosenSoul to weigh in (more) extensively on the current wagons that aren't on them.
There is no 'a' in Michel.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:36 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Adrien C replaces a2rudeboy. Thanks!
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Krieger
Krieger
Goon
Krieger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Krieger »

Ok, after my reread, I have a new top-three list and reasonings: ChosenSoul, FEMM, and Mutilator.

Reasonings:

ChosenSoul has not done any active scumhunting. He tends to be agreeing or commenting on others’ posts in nearly all of his posts.

FEMM has yet to make any valid opinions other than on TheGuide. Posts consists strongly of reactions to others. Not much of an effort to defend himself either. Trying to make his posts look as if he is doing a lot of reading and analyzing, but when isolated—they all consist of debate about his “pressuring” a2rudeboy to post something worthy by voting on him, and yet he unvoted on him as soon as he posted, even though that post was just a ‘pick up the prod’ post.

Mutilator is next on my list for similar reasons. He has made no effort to defend himself against multiple people. Refuses to name suspicions other than on the absent a2rudeboy. Not much of scumhunting as well.

For now:
Vote: FEMM, FoS: Mutilator

FEMM is now at L-3.
I before E except after C. krieger, not kreiger!
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Adrien C »

Hello, everyone. My name is Adrien, I'm an SE here at MS. I already know Dekes and FEMM. Give me the day to catch up on everything and also have to dealing with moving back to my dorm room tonight. I'll have a nice analysis post some time tomorrow.
Pretend like something witty, funny, or inspiration is written here.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:10 am

Post by FEMM the Attorney »

I wasn't defending Mutilator. :/ In fact, I was really surprised by his vote on rudeboy.
Yes, I unvoted partly because he decided to post again, but also because I felt like I was being too pressured just by having a vote on him.
I have really limited access right now, I'll get more into this on monday.
"Lolpats. It's like lolcats. But pattier." - My friend.
ChosenSoul
ChosenSoul
Townie
ChosenSoul
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:34 am

Post by ChosenSoul »

I need to look back over the posts soon (I'm a procrastinator, BTW), but skimming the last two or three pages, I'm suspicous of theguide right now. His reasoning to the "scum-hunting bandwagon" didn't make much sense to me, we were still in RVS and it came out of literally no where. Also, the fact that he asked what other's though of him looked very odd. So,
vote: theguide

To the others:

Dekes: Why so bent on a Femm bandwagon? And if you're so convinced that Femm is scum, why would you just switch to Multi if no one joined that bandwagon? Seem's a bit scummy to be honest.

Krieger: So you don't think I've done ANY scumhunting? Does that mean every post I've made thus far has been filler? Also, what makes Femm more scummy than Multi? You have the two up their with several similar points.

Femm: Why exactly were you suprised by Multi's vote? I might have missed an explanation, but if so I'll just ask again, if the two of you voted for the same person, what makes your vote more reasonable than his vote. Didn't you two vote for the same reason (aka: a2's lurking?)

Right now I don't have much of a read on nurC, and Michel seem's pretty pro-town to me. I'll look more into their post's later to see if I have a change in opinion. Also, I think the multiple bandwagons are suspicous, but none are dangerous ATM. I'll have more of an opinion when I re-re-read.
Mutilator7
Mutilator7
Townie
Mutilator7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:14 am

Post by Mutilator7 »

theguide730 wrote:I'd like to hear what people think of my alignment, based on what I've just said.
theguide730 wrote:Instead, I ask this: Does anyone feel as if I haven't been genuine with my intentions thus far in the game?
theguide730 wrote:Femm, is there anyone else you think is scummy, or is it just me atm?
You want to know all of our thoughts about you and instead of trying to vote someone else (other than an RVS bandwagon) you become defensive in a way and want to know what people think of your behavior and your intentions. It seems to me like you are trying to be careful not to make anyone suspicious of you, which is doing the opposite for me.
theguide730 wrote:Also, I'll throw Dekes a bone, and
Vote: Femm
Then this, you pretty much say you'll vote FEMM just because Dekes did? Or am i missing something?
Dekes wrote:Why the hell do you feel the need to defend Mutilator?
And who do you vote? The next easiest target. The only person besides Mutilator and you who has been suspected and the person who hasn't posted in three days. And on top of that you don't even give a reason for your vote. Feels like trying to build a counterwagon to either your or Mutilator's wagon.
FEMM The Attorney wrote:
Unvote
. Though I'm not completley satifisfied with rudeboy's post, I don't think I need to pressure anymore.
I think a few people besides Mutilator and I are doing just as less scumhunting.
Vote: theguide730
I don't know why FEMM is defending me in saying we are both doing scumhunting, which just makes me look more like scum because of my initial vote on a2rudeboy. Also, unlike FEMM, i provided a reason for my suspicion of theguide and now FEMM is there too.
BonK!
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:21 am

Post by Adrien C »

Everyone does know a2rudeboy's been replaced, right?
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by Dekes »

Adrien C wrote:Everyone does know a2rudeboy's been replaced, right?

Ohai, Adrien!
Doesn't mean people can't debate about the votes on a2rudeboy ;)
Eagerly awaiting your input (as well as FEMM's elaboration of her last post).

@ChosenSoul
I stated earlier in my last post that reaction fishing is one of the most effective weapon for town on Day 1. And you won't provoke a reaction by having three people at L-4. You need to put one person at L-2 or L-1. And since my top pick is FEMM I felt pressuring her made the most sense. With Mutilator being my second pick I would've been willing to switch over to his bandwagon in order to gain information.

@theguide
Appreciate the bone. But are there any real reasons you are voting for FEMM besides her voting for you and joining my bandwagon?
And what's with the alibi question in the next post? How about you telling us who else you're suspicious of and why? Apart from your bandwagon gambit(?) on ChosenSoul you've done nothing else that could be considererd scumhunting so far.
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Post by Adrien C »

Go ahead and do so. I was just wondering if people even knew I was here. Haha.

I still got some reading to do.
theguide730
theguide730
Goon
theguide730
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:58 am

Post by theguide730 »

First of all, I'd like to apologize for not posting yesterday. My birthday is on the 25th, and my family decided to throw a surprise party for me after I got home from work (yes, I work Sundays. I'm not going to miss that when I start college on the 26th. ^_^).

Anyways, the main reason I voted FEMM was because she seemed like she was fencesitting a bit when the discussion about me came around. I remember her saying that what I was doing could be considered townish, but that I could also be scum faking it (post 56 I believe?). It wasn't until after the majority of the town voiced their suspicion of me that she put her vote in. It seemed as though she was testing the waters to me.

Still want to hear about FEMM's other suspicions.

Btw Krieger, I believe FEMM is at L-2, not L-3 (Me, you, and Dekes are voting her, yes?).
Krieger
Krieger
Goon
Krieger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Krieger »

theguide730 wrote: Btw Krieger, I believe FEMM is at L-2, not L-3 (Me, you, and Dekes are voting her, yes?).
It seems that the Mod does it the opposite way: counting by how many people votes the person, not by how many votes are left to lynch. It was at L-2 before I voted FEMM, so it is now L-3...

@mod: correct in my assumption?
Krieger
Krieger
Goon
Krieger
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:23 am

Post by Krieger »

And to answer ChosenSoul:
ChosenSoul wrote: Krieger: So you don't think I've done ANY scumhunting? Does that mean every post I've made thus far has been filler? Also, what makes Femm more scummy than Multi? You have the two up their with several similar points.
no, not every one.

The first ten posts were mostly about "OMGUS vote or not", couple of posts after that about theguide, and the rest were filler.

So yes, not much scumhunting to me. However, you HAVE contributed an important tidbit to the debate, and that is about theguide's weird actions and that is why you aren't as high as FEMM and Multi.

FEMM is higher than Multi, to me, because Multi has come in and attempted to try participating, albeit in a mistaken way by RVSing, however FEMM has only participating by commenting on everyone else's posts, even when she is under suspicion and people are beginning to vote her and put her on FoS'es and she still has yet to begin scumhunting. And that is why FEMM is scummier than Multi to me, and because you have contributed that one important tidbit, in my eyes, that makes Multi a tiny bit scummier than you, but you guys are still on my list, but that is why my vote is on FEMM and not you guys.
Mutilator7
Mutilator7
Townie
Mutilator7
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:26 pm

Post by Mutilator7 »

I thought after almost 2 days of posting there would be like 2 pages for me to read, game is going slow.....
BonK!
nurC
nurC
Goon
nurC
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by nurC »

Well I'm currently waiting for FEMM and Adrien (welcome) to post their analysis, as we haven't heard that much from them.

A few comments:

@Krieger: While the mod is indeed counting votes in his vote count, when you put the "L-" notation, it refers to votes remaining until a lynch. So, FEMM is currently at L-2...

@theguide: I think it be better if you posted reasons for voting when voting, rather than when people later ask you to. It could be that you're just randomly jumping on that bandwagon and only later trying to fit some reasoning to it, to avoid looking scummy...

@ChosenSoul + theguide: you guys have the most posts so far, yet very few of them can really be considered scumhunting, so you definitely dont have as much content as some of the other players in here...
Adrien C
Adrien C
Goon
Adrien C
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Adrien C »

Tomorrow...I promise...had a lot happen in RL today.
FEMM the Attorney
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
FEMM the Attorney
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:09 am

Post by FEMM the Attorney »

Alright, apparently I am accused of:
A) fencesitting, just inputting opinions and such.
B) not doing enough scumhunting.
And C) I voted for rudeboy/Adrien, who was absent, and then when asked to actually put pressure on someone who is around (theguide) I get critisized even more. Is this right?
--
Watching everyone post their opinions and expressing my own is "fencesitting"? How else am I supposed to find scum? Everyone else has asked all the questions already, so if I tried I'd be accused of parroting someone else. I scumhunt by watching reactions and discussion and also by watching reactions to votes. I voted rudeboy because I had an assumption he was lurking. This was proved to be untrue, but the idea was that by applying pressure to a lurker, they would post. Depending on the circumstances, you could tell if they were busy IRL or lurking scum. For example, If rudeboy had posted RIGHT after my vote, it would have appeared that he was watching the thread, but not posting. If he waited until being prodded, still not posting and eventually being replaced, then it is apparent that he was simply busy and did not have time to continue the game. With that said and done and my suspicion lifted from rudeboy, I apply a vote to someone who IS around like people suggested I do, that being theguide.
Aren't we supposed to vote for our top suspects? That is what I am doing. The whole town was suspicious of theguide, and I was too. I voted for someone who is suspicious and I get critisized?
theguide hasn't been doing any scumhunting, he hasn't been actively popping in and stating opinions either and even now he hopped right on the bandwagon against me without reason. OMGUS much?
@Michel: You placed a vote on me when I voted rudeboy. When I defended myself, you stated "I searched his[rudeboy] posts and see what you mean" and unvoted. Yet you still seem suspicious of me, possibly only because everyone else is, but if that isn't the case why did you unvote?
"Lolpats. It's like lolcats. But pattier." - My friend.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”