MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 1:26 am

Post by MeMe »

OK, not only are we stagnating, we seem to be going backward. Someone's guilty. Those who have been contributing to the discussion have been convincing enough to make me uneasy about lynching them... but until we get something other than "I'm too sick/busy" from her,

vote: gashlycrumb
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 3:10 am

Post by Bobacino »

Gashly, don't be offended by my query. That is the nature of the game. If you are missing, people will ask why. We all have to interact with real life, as you have stated. I am not for one second making any pretense that Mafia should have a higher priority and Im curious as to why you seem so defensive.

If you look at my posts, I have not voted for you Gashly and nor have I advocated your lynching. You have been targeted because it is easier to target a non entity without reason, than a voice with sense.

May I suggest, if real life is proving a stress for you at the moment, that you converse with the Moderator, Sofis, as to how you might be replaced within this game. None of us want to aggrevate you if you haven't the time to deal with Mafia. Also, it might make the game flow a little smoother if there was someone else here who didn't have so much to deal with outside of MafiaScum.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 6:06 am

Post by MeMe »

Nicely put. And I agree -- I'm not voting for her because she looks overly guilty. I'm voting for her because I'm not sure of
anyone's
guilt; but through lack of posting, she's given me the least to go on.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 9:30 am

Post by JereIC »

Bobacino wrote:Gashly, don't be offended by my query. That is the nature of the game. If you are missing, people will ask why. We all have to interact with real life, as you have stated. I am not for one second making any pretense that Mafia should have a higher priority and Im curious as to why you seem so defensive.

If I may say, Bobachino, you were
really
defensive when MeMe voted for you, even though it was clearly a random vote without any seconds.
gashlycrumb
gashlycrumb
Townie
gashlycrumb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:01 am

Post by gashlycrumb »

no, no, no, no.
i didn't say, "i'm too sick/busy for this."
i said, "i was suddenly sick/busy, and i apologise for the absence."
i'm here, now, so lighten up about my 'silence,' because it's over. this is getting rather irritating. i haven't got accusations of guilt or constructive comments because nothing's happened, other than a whole lot of people ganging up on me when i wasn't around, who've subsequently failed to drop the matter now that i'm back. this is ridiculous. it's a game. the point is for it to be fun and interesting, is it not?
this would be a really great time for me to do something contributing to fun and interest. come on, brain...
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:21 am

Post by MeMe »

Yeah, it
is
supposed to be fun, but all three of your posts have been about why you're not playing. Quit
saying
you'll start and start already! Read the thread and tell us what you think!
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 11:22 am

Post by MeMe »

Uh, that sounded quite a bit crabbier than it needed to... 8O Sorry.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:23 pm

Post by Bobacino »

What normally happens on day 1? I get the feeling that we're really getting nowhere,
OK, not only are we stagnating, we seem to be going backward. Someone's guilty.
but I have nothing to compare it against. I'm going to have a look through the posts from other games to see what is supposed to happen and how people have come up with theories in the past.

If no one starts to vote again soon, Im guessing that the only thing that will start to get us talking will be another death (which is a pity because I beleive that the majority of us will be making random or hunch votes without backup). When does night fall?
Dragon Phoenix
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Dragon Phoenix
Don't shoot the mod
Don't shoot the mod

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Feb 16, 2003 10:52 pm

Post by Dragon Phoenix »

JereIC wrote:random voting doesn't make sense anymore.

And (s)he unvotes Quailman, just after I vote Quailman. Interesting. Care to explain WHY random voting does not make sense anymore?
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:27 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

What normally happens on day 1? I get the feeling that we're really getting nowhere

Pretty much what we're doing now. :wink:
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
jadesmar
jadesmar
Goon
jadesmar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 7:33 am

Post by jadesmar »

I am sticking with my gut vote. Waiting for scum to do something stupid.

*goes back to reading*
*still waiting*
You must be drunk 'cuz you're all blurry.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 10:50 am

Post by JereIC »

Dragon Slayer wrote:And (s)he unvotes Quailman, just after I vote Quailman. Interesting. Care to explain WHY random voting does not make sense anymore?

mathcam wrote:Well, I'm personally tending toward thinking that there is a strong correlation this game between "being mafia" and "being quiet." All those random voters out there...it seems clear that maintaing your random vote isn't going to do much. It would seem that the only relevant moves to make at this point are to

a) try to convince people to switch to your votee
b) switch your vote to someone more likely to be lynched
c) vote no lynch

This day's not going to go anywhere with everyone following their random votes.

Cam

That, and everyone else was doing it, man...

No, seriously, the vote would be doing no good out there, and if a slip-up appeared, I'd want to be able to vote immediately without going back and figuring out who I randomly voted for.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:09 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Excuse me, but DP said that- I know we both have "Dragon" in our names but I'd rather you didn't accuse me of something I didn't do/say.

Thanks
Dragon
Slayer
:x [/i]
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
JereIC
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
JereIC
Dr. Pants on Fire
Dr. Pants on Fire

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:30 pm

Post by JereIC »

Sorry, I just rushed the reply! :oops:
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 5:53 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Mod, do you think we could get a deadline here? We're not really getting anywhere, and the daya will just drag on forever without one.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:26 am

Post by Bobacino »

I've been waiting for something meaty to deconstruct but nobody's posting. I'm going to vote now. There are three people I have a gut feeling about: MeMe, JereIC and Tigris. What do I do? I've already dropped a vote against MeMe so I'll stick with that. That leaves JereIC and Tigris. I've got nothing at all to go on, but the day has to end sometime.

I'll vote JereIC. No offense and don't ask for a good reason because I don't have one. Sorry about that. If you give me a good reason to vote somebody else, JereIC, I'll reconsider.

vote: JereIC

Sebastian.
Corsato
Corsato
Goon
Corsato
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 7:55 am

Post by Corsato »

You want to end day, so you vote for someone with 0 votes. Brilliant.
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:52 am

Post by Bobacino »

Don't take that tone with me Corsato. I'll vote for whom I like, especially if I have no particularly logical reason. Why do you care who I vote for anyway?
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:56 am

Post by Bobacino »

Furthermore, what difference does it make if I vote for someone with 0 votes or 6 votes? Surely once all of our votes are in and finalised, that is when the day ends, is it not? Or are there other criteria that need to be met?

:?:

Fill me in please because this is my first game (I'll stop mentioning that now).
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 8:59 am

Post by Quailman »

Good point, Corsato. He says that he suspects three people, including the current leader with 3 votes (Tigris), yet he votes for one of the others. Could it be he wants to be on record indicating suspicion of Tigris, lest he get lynched and discovered to be scum, yet hopes to lead the voting in a new direction, in a futile attempt to save his comrade?
Quailman
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Quailman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 9:00 am

Post by Quailman »

I missed your last post, Bobacino. The day will end when one player reaches a majority of votes and gets strung up. Only if nothing is happeneing will the moderator impose a deadline.
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:16 am

Post by mathcam »

Uh, that sounded quite a bit crabbier than it needed to...

Too crabby....or not crabby enough? Gashly, if you've got something that takes you away from mafia, then so be it. Ask for a replacement if you want. But if you're going to claim to be playing, as you have several times now, and then not play, as you have yet to post any relevent commentary on the game itself, then I have no sympathy. If it makes you feel any better, I am no longer voting for you because you haven't posted. It's because you haven't contributed. And because you whine and don't capitalize.

Bobacino, I don't have a great reason behind mentioning that I suspected you other than just a gut feeling. It's not a strong feeling, but you just seem a little suspicious to me. Not strong enough to vote for you, because I don't know your style well enough to say that anything about your actionss is abnormal.

Cam
mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:20 am

Post by mathcam »

In case it wasn't clear, I'll leave my vote on Gashly, and to prompt the mod,

Vote: End Day

Cam
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:32 am

Post by Bobacino »

First of all, apologies for not bringing the day closer to completion as I thought I was doing. Secondly, Qualilman, would you rather me put my vote on Tigris? Afterall, that's what you and Corsato are voting. To be honest, I hadn't considered the number of votes that people had made. I made my decision based on a random gut feeling. I thought JereIC had another vote from one of the Dragons. But what if I had made my decision based on trying to get the game concluded (majority vote business that Quailman mentioned)? What if I jumped on your bandwagon (Quailman) and it turns out that you are Mafia.

In fact, Corsato and Quailman could be scum and they could be trying to deter my vote away from JereIC for some reason. Are there three Mafia in this minigame? In fact, what are the character types included in this game (or are we not supposed to know)?

Also, let me clarify this: Only if a person gets more than half of all the player's votes will the day end (unless there is a deadline implemented). So to lynch someone there is required 6 votes today?
Bobacino
Bobacino
Watcher
Bobacino
Watcher
Watcher

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Tue Feb 18, 2003 10:39 am

Post by Bobacino »

Sorry for this out of game comment:

• Mathcam, hopefully I'll be around enough so that you can learn how I play and that sort of thing and vice versa. I'm picking up little idiosyncrasies here and there with everyone but like you implied, I don't know if they're chatter boxes, defensive or scum. I can't tell the difference. That's probably one of the cool things about playing with the same crowd for a long time. Do you find that you use each other's playing style to help you gauge the odds?

End comment.

Sebastian.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”