BabyJesus
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
BabyJesus
Not Helpful!
Not Helpful!

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 12:33 am

Post by BabyJesus »

rolandofthewhite wrote:BabyJesus, I don't appreciate you calling me bad at this game. I didn't play this game to be insulted. All I'm trying to do is consider all possibilities, and you seem to be taking it as a personal attack against you, which it's not. Whatever.
Now you're just not reading. I didn't say you were bad at this. In fact I said the opposite...you're NOT as bad as attacking me appears...which is why I think you may just be scum trying to drum up suspicion.
:coo:
Back On The List: Fritzler, Pooky
Solo Town winner of Payola Mafia.
Scum's Best Friend: Nightcow
Pariah
Pariah
Goon
Pariah
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:17 am

Post by Pariah »

FoS: Spork
. I don't know how you could make a post like:
Spork wrote:No-one stand out as scum or anything as of yet.
with this much information because of ambic's no lynch vote. You don't even have any suspicions on anyone? Then BabyJesus FoSes Roland, and you basically post "I agree, FoS."
Tales of Monkey Island - made by the guys who brought back Sam and Max!

Surely, PariahKing is a good, nice and kind man and would not mess with us in such a way. - Zindaras
Thok
Thok
Disgrace to SKs everywhere
Thok

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:33 am

Post by Thok »

ambic wrote:
As for ambic, I'll admit I haven't played with him before, but he seems intelligent enough to know better than to suggest we go straight to a no lynch day 1.
Would it help I said I never intended to go to no lynch on day 1, I just put it there and voted the first person to complain.

Then I was asked (as I intended someone to do) to explain.

And look at the conversation it generated.

And look what happened when i stopped pushing it. Where has the conversation gone?
Frankly I really don't like this style of play ambic. It makes a good portion of the first day reduce to "Listen to my wonderful theory! To me! To me!". If you are scum it brings too much attention to yourself and exposes you to cop investigations and vigs, and if you are town it distracts us from the real issue of finding scum. You may have a good theory, but bringing it up forces us to spend too much of the day focusing on you.

Let us spend a few posts with jokes and getting a feel for everybody. Discussion will happen eventually, and you don't need to push it by yourself. We will have lurker hunts, press people for mistakes, and even throw out a random bandwagon if necessary.

If you really want to discuss your theory, I suggest you take it the mafia discussion forum-it's there for a reason.
I replaced into Chess Mafia for 6 months, and all I got was a win and this lousy sig.
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 1:36 pm

Post by milkman »

Thok wrote:
ambic wrote:
As for ambic, I'll admit I haven't played with him before, but he seems intelligent enough to know better than to suggest we go straight to a no lynch day 1.
Would it help I said I never intended to go to no lynch on day 1, I just put it there and voted the first person to complain.

Then I was asked (as I intended someone to do) to explain.

And look at the conversation it generated.

And look what happened when i stopped pushing it. Where has the conversation gone?
Frankly I really don't like this style of play ambic. It makes a good portion of the first day reduce to "Listen to my wonderful theory! To me! To me!". If you are scum it brings too much attention to yourself and exposes you to cop investigations and vigs, and if you are town it distracts us from the real issue of finding scum. You may have a good theory, but bringing it up forces us to spend too much of the day focusing on you.

Let us spend a few posts with jokes and getting a feel for everybody. Discussion will happen eventually, and you don't need to push it by yourself. We will have lurker hunts, press people for mistakes, and even throw out a random bandwagon if necessary.

If you really want to discuss your theory, I suggest you take it the mafia discussion forum-it's there for a reason.
well, then let's go on a lurker hunt.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 2:25 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

vote milman

Lurker hunts are stupid, it's like admitting you're too lazy to read for scum.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:25 pm

Post by Coron »

I agree that lurker hunts are not the best way. Let us stupid idea hunt instead. It looks like we already have 2 canidates.
Vote: milkman
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:25 pm

Post by Coron »

That is
unvote pooky vote: milkman
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:28 pm

Post by Yaw »

ambic wrote:Would it help I said I never intended to go to no lynch on day 1, I just put it there and voted the first person to complain.
Wait. Your plan was to propose an anti-town idea, then jump on the first person who complained it was anti-town? And this was going to help you catch scum? :roll:

Still,
Unvote: ambic
temporarily. I'm going to be away for the weekend until Sunday with no access, and don't want my vote to be doing things I don't want it to because the situation changed without me knowing about it. I'll catch up on Sunday, and put the vote back on if the situation hasn't changed. Sorry, but I always do this when I have no access.
Success breeds suspicion
Yaw
Yaw
Yawesome
Yaw
Yawesome
Yawesome

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:30 pm

Post by Yaw »

Oh, and that was milkman's second post. Isn't hypocrisy delightful?
Success breeds suspicion
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:38 pm

Post by ambic »

Okay this does it for me.
I have seen pooky playing in a number of games now, and this is the total opposite of how he normally plays.

Also mafia do lurk. Reading for scum doesnt help, if the scum arent posting.

Vote Pooky
Coron
Coron
Shameless Plug
Coron
Shameless Plug
Shameless Plug

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 5:52 pm

Post by Coron »

In games I've been in I've noticed that pooky tends to *gasp* lurk.

I'm so shocked that pooky is telling people to not lurker hunt.
ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:35 pm

Post by ambic »

Pooky lurks? Jeez I wish he would on the GL
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:07 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Pooky plays differently depending on the size of the game, the number of players, and the deadlines/rules.

NOT dependant upon his actual scum/nonscumminess.

If it's a 12 player game I will be busting chops to make sure people are up and posting if I need to, but in a game that starts off huge, chasing ur 5-7 lurkers day 1 is almost always a complete waste of time and the lazy's man's way out.

Also known as the mafioso's way out as it's a readible excuse to channel bandwagon without giving a real reason based upon CONTENT.

I expect newbies/others to get a little bit lost and not know what to post in the first day of a large game and as a result I give them the first few pages to get a grasp of what's going on, I'll be on their butt if they still aren't paying attention by page 10 but I certainly won't be hounding them from page 5!
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:50 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Sorry folks, I find this game too confusing and monotone so I haven't been posting in it much at all (especially compared to the excitement of some of my other games).

I'll reread the thread and offer my thoughts in a bit.
The following people own: Pie, Fritz, Inhim

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:13 pm

Post by HezLucky »

Time to offer my thoughts
I'll randomly assign numbers to my thoughts so I can decide on who seems most scummiest, then I'll throw a vote or FOS them depending on how many votes they have.
I'm practically reading this game thoroughly for the first time.
Also, some things may not make sense. But I am posting everything so you can see how my thoughts evolve as the game progresses.

Page 1 -
I don't like no lynch. I just don't. (ambic +3)
rolandofthewhite sticking a second vote ... however random it may be, he could've randomly chosen someone else (he didn't even state it was random) [roland +2]

Page 2 -
Pooky - should lynch based on scumminess, not whether or not you like their theory. I hate this style of play (Pooky +3)
Thesp - said just what I said, but 5 days earlier (thesp -1)
Yaw - I agree ... I dislike no lynch day one. Especially someone popping the idea right away. (ambic +1)
*Note as of this point: Ambic seems to have a lot of weird strategies ... she'll either wind up getting lynched anyway or will propose one of her strategies that people won't understand. Either way, could be disastrous for the town. {ambic +1}
Pooky seems to be aggressive here. He also seems to be logical. {pooky -1}
Jesus - repeats thesp, defends ambic {jesus +1} ... this post just doesn't feel right
- There appears to be a split between ambic and Pooky at this point. I'm starting to dislike both of them. {pooky +1}
Coolbot raises nice points in post #47 (Coolbot -1), especially in favour of Pooky {ambic +1}
rolandofthewhite's vote on BabyJesus - now that seemed random and weird {roland +2}

Page 3 -
the silent speaker: thank you (#52), that's what i was thinking {TSS -1}
...you do it again (#53) {TSS -2}
#55 reminds me of WIFOM ... Scum shouldn't suggest no lynch ... but that's what they want us to think ... anyway, I'm not going to get into that ... it's bad for the town. {ambic +1 though}
Fletcher: Post #66, huh?!? {Fletcher +1}
Bamboomancer: #74 ... Haha... me too!

Page 4:
MoS (75): LOL!
Spork (85): See Yaw, (86) {spork +1}
Yaw (86): Good work! {Yaw -1}
Spork (87): Lame (spork +1}
Post 89: {spork -1}
ambic starting to deteriorate in scummyness (just a bit) {ambic -1}

Page 5:
On second thought, she might be laying low {ambic +1}
Post 109: I don't like this vote {ambic +1}
Post 112: Pooky redeems himself {pooky -1}
Post 113: Hez posts for first time in while {Hez +2}

And now we see who has the most points:
ambic: +8
roland: +4
Pooky: +2
Hez: +2
Spork: +1
jesus: +1
Fletcher: +1
coolbot: -1
Thesp: -1
Yaw: -1
TSS: -3

Bahaha ... I'm tied for third.

I'd need a vote count, but looking at the recent unvote, this appears to be a safe vote.
Unvote milkman, vote ambic

She seems to be sliding under the radar after an intense first few days where she was the centre of attention.

The greatest mafia game ever: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=18080
Thesp
Thesp
Supersaint
Thesp
Supersaint
Supersaint

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:53 am

Post by Thesp »

HezLucky wrote:rolandofthewhite sticking a second vote ... however random it may be, he could've randomly chosen someone else (he didn't even state it was random) [roland +2]
Why bother at this stage? Do you think the second vote will really lead to an actual bandwagon in this game for that reason?

I agree roland looks scummy, but I'm not sure this reason is justified.
"When playing a game, the goal is to win, but it is the goal that is important, not the winning." -
Reiner Knizia

Ask me about my automatic votecounter, and how you can use it in
your
game!
Check out my 15 minutes of fame on Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:29 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

The Jeff News

No...No! NO! NO! NOOOOOOO! Wait...yes!

The Emerald! The Emerald!

Last night, the emerald in the old tower was reported stolen. The police have no leads as to where the city's prized gem could have gone. Rumors have surfaced at the Dragon Convention, but so far it has not been spotted. We'll keep you updated as this story develops.

Things get Intense at the Dragon Convention!

(Warning. Names have been changed to protect the innocent. Events chronicled below have been construed grossly out of proportion. Nothing in the following story really happened. But it looks a lot cooler.)

One day, umm..."Spoon" and...uh..."Yeah" were talking. Yeah said something to make Spoon mad. Both parties started swearing. Yeah was reported saying "you don't know me!" while Spoon prefered a battle cry of "don't make me come over there!" Spoon eventually ripped Yeah's arm off, while Yeah had a piece of Spoon in his mouth.

Then...umm..."Corn" said something about "Your mom has IE!" and...uh..."Stud" said, "Yeah, well..." he didn't finish, because he plowed right into Corn. Corn died instantly, because Stud is so strong.

On a serious note:

Spork. I don't appriciate that kind of behavior. Please refrain from making comments such as "suck it." It detracts from the game. Please take the high road next time, or I won't.

Jeremy Bentham Would Be Proud

Scummer Hezlucky was reported using a crude form of utilitarianism to calculate who was scummy. I just think that's really cool. Yay. Unfortunately, he's quite genderblind. Someone ought to tell him to re-read a little more...ambic is a he.

Could you use utilitarianism in your everyday life? Take this quiz below to find out!

3 Ambic (Coolbot, SilentSpeaker, HezLucky)
3 Pooky (Thesp, Ambic, Pariah)
3 Roland (Milkman, Yosarian2, BabyJesus)

2 Milkman (Pooky, Coron)
2 BabyJesus (Assasin, Roland)
1 Coron (Thok)
1 Yaw (Fletcher)

12 to lynch...
Last edited by Save The Dragons on Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
HezLucky
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HezLucky
HEZZZZZWAVRE
HEZZZZZWAVRE

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:38 pm

Post by HezLucky »

I unvoted Milkman...

ambic
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
ambic
Maniac Mastermind
Maniac Mastermind

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:42 pm

Post by ambic »

And ambic too? :wink:
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:50 pm

Post by PeaceBringer »

unvote, vote Roland
rolandofthewhite
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
rolandofthewhite
F. the White!
F. the White!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:25 pm

Post by rolandofthewhite »

Is there any reason for the bandwagon on me other than the fact that I was suspicious of BabyJesus? :?
Quiero hacer contigo lo que la primavera hace con los cerezos.
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:26 pm

Post by milkman »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
vote milman

Bah, pooky I don't feel this line of inquiry will get us much further, I get it. I don't find ambic scummy or particularly wrong. Oh and it's milkman, not milman.

yaw wrote:Oh, and that was milkman's second post. Isn't hypocrisy delightful?
It goes well in milk, :roll: really though I couldn't say anything else, I'm really not very interested in going into the whole ambic Vs almost everyone, she put herself out in the open, very risky for scum.
coron wrote: I agree that lurker hunts are not the best way. Let us stupid idea hunt instead. It looks like we already have 2 canidates
thank you sir, may I have another?
yaw wrote:Note as of this point: Ambic seems to have a lot of weird strategies ... she'll either wind up getting lynched anyway or will propose one of her strategies that people won't understand. Either way, could be disastrous for the town. {ambic +1}
What? I really don't think this going to happen. I'm pretty(yes I am) sure that ambic is done with the whole strategy thing. And was the no lynch theory(I'm going to call it a theory because, well, it's not much of a strategy) really that "disastrous" for the town?? I think that you are pushing a matter that really need not be pushed, we get it, ambic is at fault in the first few pages of the thread. Stagnation is far worse than any "strategy". Is this stupid enough for you coron?
milkman
milkman
Goon
milkman
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:26 pm

Post by milkman »

PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
vote milman

Bah, pooky I don't feel this line of inquiry will get us much further, I get it. I don't find ambic scummy or particularly wrong. Oh and it's milkman, not milman.

yaw wrote:Oh, and that was milkman's second post. Isn't hypocrisy delightful?
It goes well in milk, :roll: really though I couldn't say anything else, I'm really not very interested in going into the whole ambic Vs almost everyone, she put herself out in the open, very risky for scum.
coron wrote: I agree that lurker hunts are not the best way. Let us stupid idea hunt instead. It looks like we already have 2 canidates
thank you sir, may I have another?
yaw wrote:Note as of this point: Ambic seems to have a lot of weird strategies ... she'll either wind up getting lynched anyway or will propose one of her strategies that people won't understand. Either way, could be disastrous for the town. {ambic +1}
What? I really don't think this going to happen. I'm pretty(yes I am) sure that ambic is done with the whole strategy thing. And was the no lynch theory(I'm going to call it a theory because, well, it's not much of a strategy) really that "disastrous" for the town?? I think that you are pushing a matter that really need not be pushed, we get it, ambic is at fault in the first few pages of the thread. Stagnation is far worse than any "strategy". Is this stupid enough for you coron?
PeaceBringer
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
PeaceBringer
Posts Blindly
Posts Blindly

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:02 am

Post by PeaceBringer »

rolandofthewhite wrote:Is there any reason for the bandwagon on me other than the fact that I was suspicious of BabyJesus? :?
given that this is day one, there are no sound reasons for a vote. Looking at the state of the day, I want to see you under pressure Roland.
CoolBot
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
CoolBot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Jul 23, 2005 7:15 am

Post by CoolBot »

milkman, there's been quite a bit more going on then just ambic's odd theories. Have you just not been reading? Or are you just ignoring the arguements against pooky, BJ, roland, etc?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”