Newbie 524 - Lunchtime Mafia - Game Over!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
thekempo
thekempo
Townie
thekempo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:24 am

Post by thekempo »

Why? Nothing has gone on since I've made my vote, and I still believe my vote is right. I've got no reason to say anything, so I don't say anything.
CFK
CFK
Goon
CFK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:30 am

Post by CFK »

TrouserDemon wrote:Your lurking is suspicious.

FOS:thekempo
I agree, if you want to play in this game then actually contribute to it. At the moment, you are a liability to the town because we have no idea of how scummy you are, as you have posted so infrequently (that post was your first since the 15th of december). If you want to get a replacement then that's fine, otherwise please be a little more proactive in your posting.

FOS:thekempo
(for lurking)

My feelings on the phantom are mixed. I'm not sure if he is a mafia who has slipped up, or a townie who has just been a little aggressive in attacking somebody he thought was scum. For now, I'm going to FOS him, though it is by no means permanant, I just want to see what he has to say in his defense.

FOS: thephantom

MOD: Put under the right player's name.
CFK
CFK
Goon
CFK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 10:36 am

Post by CFK »

thekempo wrote:Why? Nothing has gone on since I've made my vote, and I still believe my vote is right. I've got no reason to say anything, so I don't say anything.
Well explain your feelings about Mikeburnfire's defense then and give us your opinion on thephantom, who is also in the limelight right now.

Remember that there are
mafia in this game, so even if you are sure that Mikeburnfire is scum, you could still tell us who you think his parter is.
thekempo
thekempo
Townie
thekempo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:45 pm

Post by thekempo »

Oh right.

Well, I found it kinda strange how Mike voted for me for no reason, then when I asked him for his reason, he said it was a secret. After further probing, he said it was because I was Mafia. THEN, he changed his mind again and said it was because I didn't have a vote against me.

I don't see what thephantom has done to be put in the limelight. He called Mike on his behaviour 'n that doesn't seem all that bad to me.
CFK
CFK
Goon
CFK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 9:43 pm

Post by CFK »

thekempo wrote:Oh right.

Well, I found it kinda strange how Mike voted for me for no reason, then when I asked him for his reason, he said it was a secret. After further probing, he said it was because I was Mafia. THEN, he changed his mind again and said it was because I didn't have a vote against me.

I don't see what thephantom has done to be put in the limelight. He called Mike on his behaviour 'n that doesn't seem all that bad to me.
So what do you have to say to his argument that he was just screwing around?
thekempo
thekempo
Townie
thekempo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:41 am

Post by thekempo »

I find it pretty weak. It's like punching someone in the face then saying "oh I was just play fighting" to try 'n get them to calm down.
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Wed Jan 02, 2008 9:28 am

Post by thephantom »

In response to Banana, I have often been in a game where the townies stay on the defensive and the scum pick all the fights, and I have seen that end in a Mafia win most times. On the other side when the town searches out all the scum and attacks them, the town usually ends up finding the mafia. I have nothing to hide, I am not scum, check all my posts and ask about anything that I have said and I will be more than happy to elaborate on your question.

For those that might be wondering, my computer crashed about four days ago and I have finally gotten it back up and running.
TrouserDemon
TrouserDemon
Goon
TrouserDemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:59 am

Post by TrouserDemon »

MOD:
Can we have a vote count?
This sentence is a lie.
[img]http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3005/untitled13to7.png[/img]
Iammars
Iammars
Mers I am not
Iammars
Mers I am not
Mers I am not

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:30 pm

Post by Iammars »

Not much of a vote count, but still...

Vote Count #11

mikeburnfire (2) - thekempo, TrouserDemon
thephantom (1) - mikeburnfire
Not Voting - Everyone else
4 to lynch.
"Rolefishing is fishing for someones role. It's called fishing because it requires subtlety. When you grab a shotgun and start firing into the water, thats not fishing." - IH
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:13 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Dammit. This happens in literally ALL of my newbie games. I screw around for a few pages and end up getting lynched because newbies can't find anything else suspicious. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

I still say that thephantom is scum, for what it's worth.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Tyfo
Tyfo
Goon
Tyfo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:42 am

Post by Tyfo »

Still FoS'ing:

Mikeburnfire, mostly for early scumminess and lack of explanation when first "poked at".
Thephantom, for multiple logical fallacies. (http://mafiascum.net/wiki/index.php?tit ... _Fallacies)
CFK
CFK
Goon
CFK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:46 am

Post by CFK »

mikeburnfire wrote:Dammit. This happens in literally ALL of my newbie games. I screw around for a few pages and end up getting lynched because newbies can't find anything else suspicious. You'd think I'd have learned by now.

I still say that thephantom is scum, for what it's worth.
Saying "I was screwing around" is not a very good excuse for acting so scummy in the first few pages. Even if you were "screwing around", it is not really in the interests of the town, is it?

As to the phantom, I'm not sure whether he is scum or not. While he has used some logical fallacies, I can't help wondering if he just mis-phrased what he wanted to say, as he has otherwise been very pro-town.
In response to CFK, I have often been in a game where the townies stay on the defensive and the scum pick all the fights, and I have seen that end in a Mafia win most times. On the other side when the town searches out all the scum and attacks them, the town usually ends up finding the mafia. I have nothing to hide, I am not scum, check all my posts and ask about anything that I have said and I will be more than happy to elaborate on your question.

For those that might be wondering, my computer crashed about four days ago and I have finally gotten it back up and running.
This post in particular I found very pro-town. He even invites us to question him and be pro-active, things that a scum would definitely not want. While I am going to FOS him, it is only a minor one and I'm not even sure if he deserves that.

Major FOS: Mikeburnfire

Minor FOS: thephantom
TrouserDemon
TrouserDemon
Goon
TrouserDemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:48 am

Post by TrouserDemon »

I don't find thephantom suspicious at all.

It seems far more likely to me that all the logical fallacy stuff is just mikeburnfire trying to shift the attention.
This sentence is a lie.
sockpuppetmkay
sockpuppetmkay
Townie
sockpuppetmkay
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:50 am

Post by sockpuppetmkay »

Hello. im not seeing anything new appear. Mikeburnfire is still suspicious because im not buying his defense of just screwing around. i dont see the phantom as suspicious at all, i think he was just trying to press mikeburnfire for information.
The next sentence is true.
The previous sentence is false.
thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:02 pm

Post by thephantom »

Thankyou all, I feel that Mikeburnfire is scum so I am going to
vote:Mikeburnfire
. Mike you are at L-1 now I believe, so I would still like to see what you have to say about your actions.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

You know what kind of person puts somebody at L-1 within the first five pages?

Mafia.
CFK wrote:Saying "I was screwing around" is not a very good excuse for acting so scummy in the first few pages. Even if you were "screwing around", it is not really in the interests of the town, is it?
It is if I want to generate discussion. Sure, I'm getting lynched for it, but at least I'm not sitting around waiting for something to happen.

If I get speedlynched, which is looking more and more likely, then it'll be Lynch-or-lose. There won't be any more room for error. Even worse, none of you will have ANY idea who the scum are because you were all so damn focused on killing me. I don't mind being lynched eventually, but it would be foolish to end the day so soon.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:22 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

But since I'm about to die, I'll say this: If I had to guess who the scum were at this moment, it'd be thephantom and either CFK or TrouserDemon.

CFK has been a bit wishy-washy, supporting my lynch without actually being a part of it, and trying to look like he's suspicious of thephantom when he obviously isn't.

TrouserDemon has been clinging to thephantom's logic against me for awhile now, and the both of them keep demanding that I prove my innocence, when I can't.

thephantom
thephantom
Townie
thephantom
Townie
Townie

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:33 pm

Post by thephantom »

Logical Fallacy Appeal to Fear. Does that sound familiar? It should because that is what you used to try and lynch me, and notice that my vote isn't an attempt to speedlynch, but rather a calculated decision based on your actions.

The reason that people are not suspicious of me is because none of my actions have been scummy at all, and I will make a promise right now that if you are not scum and I have made a mistake I will be the first person to vote for my lynch tomorrow if I manage to survive the night.

I would like to hear from Tyfo about this newest logical fallacy by Mikeburnfire and see if he feels the same way as he did about mine.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:24 am

Post by mikeburnfire »

Logical Fallacy Appeal to Fear. Does that sound familiar? It should because that is what you used to try and lynch me
You're only half-right. My words of foreboding can be interpreted as an Appeal to Fear, but they are not being used to persuade a lynch against you, only to halt the impending lynch on me. And yes, if we reach a lynch on anybody before we've had ample time for discussion, I consider it to be a speed-lynch.
I will make a promise right now that if you are not scum and I have made a mistake I will be the first person to vote for my lynch tomorrow if I manage to survive the night.
Let me get this straight. If you are town, then when you lynch me and find out I'm town, you will self-vote yourself the next day, thereby allowing the mafia to speedlynch you. Your plan is utter nonsense as somebody pro-town, so I'm even more convinced now that you are scum. I have no doubts that you are going to live through the night unless you die today.

Your actions have been scummy, and I will go through them now:
why the hatred on page 1 this is a place for random votes and playful banter
Yet, when I make random and arbitrary votes, you use them as a reason to vote me. Watch as you completely change your tone when it benefits my lynch:
Mikeburnfire, I am still fairly suspicious of you and that comment about just messing around seems to me like something scum do in the first pages to get the townies to turn on each other.
And of course, there was the Burden of Proof argument earlier.

TrouserDemon
TrouserDemon
Goon
TrouserDemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:00 am

Post by TrouserDemon »

You can't claim logical fallacy against him when you deny it when he does it to you.

I'm growing ever more suspicious, but if he isn't mafia then I'm going to suspect thekempo for lurking and lack of posting.
This sentence is a lie.
CFK
CFK
Goon
CFK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:08 am

Post by CFK »

CFK has been a bit wishy-washy, supporting my lynch without actually being a part of it, and trying to look like he's suspicious of thephantom when he obviously isn't.
The reason that I was supporting your lynch without voting for you is simply because it would have put you at L-1.
You know what kind of person puts somebody at L-1 within the first five pages?

Mafia.
you
even said that it was not wise to put somebody at L-1 this early so I don't see how you can try and blame me for not voting. Even if you are scum (which I think is likely), I would rather wait until we have fully discussed the issue before making any hasty moves. They say that short days hurt the town and this is certainly true in our game.

On the issue of thephantom, I initially thought that he was quite scummy, due to the falacies which you pointed out, but by post #101 I wasn't so sure, and by post #111 I thought that he probably wasn't but I gave minor FOS simply because of his falacies. At this point in time, I am slightly suspicious of him because of this post, which as you pointed out, makes no sense.
I will make a promise right now that if you are not scum and I have made a mistake I will be the first person to vote for my lynch tomorrow if I manage to survive the night.
You are still my number one suspect to be mafia though.
thekempo
thekempo
Townie
thekempo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:20 am

Post by thekempo »

TrouserDemon wrote:You can't claim logical fallacy against him when you deny it when he does it to you.

I'm growing ever more suspicious, but if he isn't mafia then I'm going to suspect thekempo for lurking and lack of posting.
I already explained myself a few posts up. If you've got anything else to ask then fire away.
TrouserDemon
TrouserDemon
Goon
TrouserDemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:12 am

Post by TrouserDemon »

thekempo wrote:Why? Nothing has gone on since I've made my vote, and I still believe my vote is right. I've got no reason to say anything, so I don't say anything.
That is because most of the posting is about our suspicions about who is mafia. If you don't have these suspicions, it's because you ARE mafia, and hence already know who is scum.

That is why I suspect you, you don't seem to find anything suspicious enough to post about.
This sentence is a lie.
thekempo
thekempo
Townie
thekempo
Townie
Townie

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:50 am

Post by thekempo »

My suspicions are firmly on Mikeburnfire. Nothing else I've seen has really peaked my attention. I don't find Thephantom suspicious at all, 'n he was the only other person who others construed as suspicious.

'N if my "lack of posting" and "lurking" is a factor, then why aren't you FOS'ing or whatever at sockpuppetmkay? Perhaps you're Mafia and he's your partner.
TrouserDemon
TrouserDemon
Goon
TrouserDemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 11:51 am

Post by TrouserDemon »

Who?

Anyway, I'm less suspicious of you now that you've cleared that up, and I agree about mikeburnfire and that thephantom isn't really that suspicious.

I just think that we have to consider the possibility that mikeburnfire is innocent, and we need to decide as a group our plan of action in that eventuality.
This sentence is a lie.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”