PookyTheMagicalBear
(1):
The Bulge
(1):
Noraa
(1):

Not voting
(1): Blitzo

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to yeet someone.

Deadline
: (expired on 2020-10-12 14:30:00)
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
OutWorldER
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
OutWorldER
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:40 am

Post by OutWorldER »

MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 96, Gamma Emerald wrote:But I’m fully admitting the weak logic, and I’m willing to admit it was probably like 15% driven by wanting shea to trust me
Doesn’t exactly make me scum, no?
Nah this kinda feels weird like you are backpedaling now
This reads more like LAMIST than backpedaling to me but I do agree it's off.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 9:43 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 97, Thestatusquo wrote:FWIW if you're looking to pocket me I'll accept bribes in the form of nice whiskey.
I'm actually drinking some Weller's 12y right now
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Kasumeat
Kasumeat
Goon
Kasumeat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:09 pm

Post by Kasumeat »

At work now, will post later tonight. At this point consider my vote on blitzo legit though.
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:01 pm

Post by Blitzo »

In post 39, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 37, MURDERCAT wrote:VOTE: blitzo

real vote 34 is weird
I'm trying to parse 34 here too and I agree its weird though I'm not really sure what to make of it.

The tone of the post is like someone who hasn't played mafia before and doesn't know how RVS works but the fact that the account is from 2014 and this game is the first time its posted literally ever on the site it makes me think its someone trying to play up that tone on an alt.

I don't know if that's alignment indicative at all since presumably that would be a decision made by the player before the game started, but I definitely agree with you its weird.
I feel like the tone/timing thing you're bringing up seems somewhat reachy, considering the time of my account being made is readily available for anyone to look at.
I fail to see how I have indicated that I am new in any way, nor do I see how this has any relevance to the game at large or my alignment. What exactly have you gleaned from this conversation?
In post 40, Kasumeat wrote:Blitzo, what's your mafia experience?
I've been playing on and off for several years.
In post 41, Thestatusquo wrote:
In post 38, Blitzo wrote: You are correct that I am not new, and I have made no effort to hide that fact.
it's not whether or not you have made an effort to hide that fact that bugs me, its that you seem to not know how RVS works in the sense that you're saying things like "I don't have enough information to vote." It's a type of comment that I've really only seen made by extremely new players of the game.

You say you are not new, but you are acting in ways that make it seem like you're trying to pretend you're new, or genuinely don't know how the first day of mafia starts generally speaking.

Its incongruous, so I'm picking at it.
How am I acting new, exactly? All I stated was that I'm withholding my vote.
MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 34, Blitzo wrote:How so?
This looks like fake question to me because the implication was obvious
Sorry, that's not going to work.
VOTE: murdercat
Implications mean nothing. Explain.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:02 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

{Thestatusquo}
{Panzerjager, PookyTheMagicalBear, The Bulge}
{Not_Mafia, Noraa, Kasumeat, duppin, OutWorldER, UneducatedGuesser}
{Gamma Emerald}
{Blitzo}

pedit: Was just about to post this for content but ok
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by Blitzo »

I'm leaning town on TSQ as of right now - there are several points in the thread where he posted something exactly along the lines of what I was thinking and his lines of questioning make total sense to me.
I'd be perfectly happy following him onto Kasu as of right now as well.

I'm having a hard time taking my wagon seriously simply because the reasoning is either poorly thought out or nonexistent.
If someone could actually break down how I'm acting new or why that matters, that may help things slightly - I don't really see where that's coming from but maybe people are picking up on something I'm not? I just don't get it.

Pedit - posting a list with nothing in it is wholly unimpressive. Do better.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:05 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 104, Blitzo wrote:Sorry, that's not going to work.
I did explain, the question looked fake to me. It looks fake to me because the vote had an obvious reason, I had done one thing so far, take my vote off tsq. Maybe I did it because I'm scum and didn't want to be on the wagon.

"Implications mean nothing. Explain."

This line of questioning doesn't follow at all from what you originally asked about. You wanted to know why I thought your post looked weird and I explained it in full. This pressure feels super fake.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:07 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 106, Blitzo wrote:I'm having a hard time taking my wagon seriously simply because the reasoning is either poorly thought out or nonexistent.
If someone could actually break down how I'm acting new or why that matters, that may help things slightly - I don't really see where that's coming from but maybe people are picking up on something I'm not? I just don't get it.
This is such a scummy thing to say, "oh you don't have any real evidence, you can't prove I'm scum!!1!"
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:26 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Where you at Blitzo, I'm trying to explain it to you
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:28 pm

Post by Blitzo »

In post 107, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 104, Blitzo wrote:Sorry, that's not going to work.
I did explain, the question looked fake to me. It looks fake to me because the vote had an obvious reason, I had done one thing so far, take my vote off tsq. Maybe I did it because I'm scum and didn't want to be on the wagon.

"Implications mean nothing. Explain."

This line of questioning doesn't follow at all from what you originally asked about. You wanted to know why I thought your post looked weird and I explained it in full. This pressure feels super fake.
Well.
Your original scumread is based off of the fact that I asked panzer about his original vote.
You think that that vote is not worthy of questioning or...Something? I'm still not sure what your original thought is on it or why it isn't worth questioning him on, but it seems like your scumread is based on me not actually wanting to talk to panzer.

I feel like your entire line of thinking is based on something rather vacuous, and I'm still having a really hard time pinning down what you're doing - it's like you're trying to poke holes in something rather than trying to figure things out and it seems suspicious.
Even after looking at your list I still don't really understand where you're coming from, which is not a good sign. How are people like bulge, panzer, and pooky town already?
The little I've gleaned off of your Gamma read is also mediocre - you've pointed out that he might have backtracked, which is a thing, but I still don't see why that matters or how that makes him scummy either.

All of your reads seem superficial and I'm content voting you.
In post 108, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 106, Blitzo wrote:I'm having a hard time taking my wagon seriously simply because the reasoning is either poorly thought out or nonexistent.
This is such a scummy thing to say, "oh you don't have any real evidence, you can't prove I'm scum!!1!"
Yeah, whatever.

Pedit - making sure I've double checked everything in the thread and didn't miss anything. I'm still here.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:44 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 110, Blitzo wrote:I'm still not sure what your original thought is on it or why it isn't worth questioning him on, but it seems like your scumread is based on me not actually wanting to talk to panzer.
Are you curious why The Bulge just voted me instead of asking? It's because the reason for the vote should be obvious in context. So to me it looks like you are asking the question to look busy, not because you are genuinely asking.
In post 110, Blitzo wrote:I feel like your entire line of thinking is based on something rather vacuous, and I'm still having a really hard time pinning down what you're doing - it's like you're trying to poke holes in something rather than trying to figure things out and it seems suspicious.
This is how I figure things out, I poke and see what comes out
In post 110, Blitzo wrote:How are people like bulge, panzer, and pooky town already?
I liked how panzer and bulge voted me, it's exactly what I would have done. I agreed with Pooky's logic about gamma. I also feel like you are intentionally overstating the strength of my reads here.
In post 110, Blitzo wrote:The little I've gleaned off of your Gamma read is also mediocre - you've pointed out that he might have backtracked, which is a thing, but I still don't see why that matters or how that makes him scummy either.
Gamma came in with a gut read and then immediately walked it back under criticism. If it's a real read why give it up so quick under pressure and act like it wasn't even real?
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 3:52 pm

Post by Blitzo »

I fail to see why you're saying things are obvious "in context." A lot of those townleans have said
maybe
two or three words and I fail to see how that justifies feeling any sort of way about them.
It also seems like gut reads are, by their nature, weak and baseless. What makes you think that someone can't drop a gut read under pressure as town?
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:05 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 112, Blitzo wrote:I fail to see why you're saying things are obvious "in context."
I feel like you are being dense on purpose here? Here are my posts prior to the panzer vote on me

Spoiler: iso
In post 4, MURDERCAT wrote:Hi everyone I'm town what about you

VOTE: tsq
In post 5, MURDERCAT wrote:Sorry I meant
yeet: tsq
In post 7, MURDERCAT wrote:Not if yeet is an option I can't
In post 11, MURDERCAT wrote:VOTE: panzer

Hey that's my friend

If you can't see why it's obvious that my tsq unvote as a "wagon" was forming was the cause of votes on me I don't know what to tell you.
In post 112, Blitzo wrote:A lot of those townleans have said maybe two or three words and I fail to see how that justifies feeling any sort of way about them.
I didn't say you have to believe them but I literally gave my explanation.
In post 112, Blitzo wrote:It also seems like gut reads are, by their nature, weak and baseless. What makes you think that someone can't drop a gut read under pressure as town?
You can drop a read if you have an actual reason but walking it back just because people start to question you makes it look fake imo. If I said "yeah pooky actually isn't that towny you're right" would you just accept that?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 85, OutWorldER wrote:Murdercat gives me gut feelings of scum from the way he dismissed the growing wagon on him but I'll admit that's weak, which is I'm not voting him. I'd like a proper wagon on him sometime, but like I said, I'd rather have a wagon somebody who will be troublesome to read so we can figure them out early.
you cite a weak gutread here as a reason for not voting murdercat, but is that not what made you want to push blitzo?
part of the reason
is there any other specific reason you are not voting murdercat?
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 88, OutWorldER wrote:Like I said, it was a weak gut read. I don't have any real evidence or justification for it.
ebwop this was supposed to be attached as well
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:07 pm

Post by The Bulge »

UNVOTE:
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 105, MURDERCAT wrote:{Thestatusquo}
{Panzerjager, PookyTheMagicalBear, The Bulge}
{Not_Mafia, Noraa, Kasumeat, duppin, OutWorldER, UneducatedGuesser}
{Gamma Emerald}
{Blitzo}

pedit: Was just about to post this for content but ok
what's the rush to get a list like this out?
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:08 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

3 hours with nothing happening
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:10 pm

Post by The Bulge »

seems like most of the people outside of your true null territory are for pretty shallow reasons? so idk how much content this really provides, unless you're hoping for reactions, which judging by the list it doesn't seem you are.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:11 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 119, The Bulge wrote:unless you're hoping for reactions, which judging by the list it doesn't seem you are.
Why do you think that?
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 9, Noraa wrote:VOTE: Pooky
for lying about being a peace maker tsk tsk
if I claimed Ascetic Peacemaker again would you tell me if you were scum? :>
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Blitzo
Blitzo
Goon
Blitzo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:18 pm

Post by Blitzo »

In post 113, MURDERCAT wrote:
In post 112, Blitzo wrote:I fail to see why you're saying things are obvious "in context."
I feel like you are being dense on purpose here? Here are my posts prior to the panzer vote on me

Spoiler: iso
In post 4, MURDERCAT wrote:Hi everyone I'm town what about you

VOTE: tsq
In post 5, MURDERCAT wrote:Sorry I meant
yeet: tsq
In post 7, MURDERCAT wrote:Not if yeet is an option I can't
In post 11, MURDERCAT wrote:VOTE: panzer

Hey that's my friend

If you can't see why it's obvious that my tsq unvote as a "wagon" was forming was the cause of votes on me I don't know what to tell you.
In post 112, Blitzo wrote:A lot of those townleans have said maybe two or three words and I fail to see how that justifies feeling any sort of way about them.
I didn't say you have to believe them but I literally gave my explanation.
In post 112, Blitzo wrote:It also seems like gut reads are, by their nature, weak and baseless. What makes you think that someone can't drop a gut read under pressure as town?
You can drop a read if you have an actual reason but walking it back just because people start to question you makes it look fake imo. If I said "yeah pooky actually isn't that towny you're right" would you just accept that?
In regards to point one, it seems like your actions are still not as clear as you're making them. I actually didn't see the point until you posted it, and even now it still seems slightly silly. I can chock it up to RVS being pretty light in terms of material as a whole but I feel like you're still making things out to be way more obvious than they actually are.
In regards to point two, your reasoning is still weak.
In regards to point three, maybe. It would depend on the strength of the read and, in some cases, what they do with that information afterwards. It's not like the dude came up with an ironclad case or anything, in yet I feel like you're treating it as that was what happened.
In post 114, The Bulge wrote:
In post 85, OutWorldER wrote:Murdercat gives me gut feelings of scum from the way he dismissed the growing wagon on him but I'll admit that's weak, which is I'm not voting him. I'd like a proper wagon on him sometime, but like I said, I'd rather have a wagon somebody who will be troublesome to read so we can figure them out early.
you cite a weak gutread here as a reason for not voting murdercat, but is that not what made you want to push blitzo?
part of the reason
is there any other specific reason you are not voting murdercat?
I didn't notice this.
Outworld may have jumped higher on my scumreads list.
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

The point is Blitzo I townread people who are thinking like me and I scumread those who aren't (on day 1 at least).
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Oct 02, 2020 4:22 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

In post 122, Blitzo wrote:In regards to point two, your reasoning is still weak.
I never made any claims about the strength of my reads or my reasoning though, which is why things like this feel fake

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”