Micro 1030: I tell you what I'm doing | Mafia Wins!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

hockey - what specifically reminds you of my scumgame?
Also keep in mind i tries extra extra hard bc radiantcowbells was in that game so
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:45 am

Post by Galron »

This whole conversation about cheating.. How am I supposed to read that anyway? And what is meta-jerking?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:52 am

Post by Galron »

In post 30, DkKoba wrote:VOTE: toxic
Explain your intentions/thoughts process - HONESTLY - now. If you dont I'll consider you scumslipped.
Is this for the "I'd expect [words of substance] if you weren't scum" thing?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:53 am

Post by Galron »

I think I may know what meta-jerking is. Stroking your meta to advance your wincon in a different game.

It's actually part of this site's meta. You could almost subtitle the site name with it.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:55 am

Post by Galron »

In post 73, toxictaipan wrote:Also I haven't claimed once that I have more experience than you or alluded to my start date. I'm rusty, so what? Feel free to keep calling me a clown. Maybe you and the handful of other active players on this site can meta-jerk each other enough to run off any other returning players from having fun at the game too.
I have empathy for this.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:58 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 103, Galron wrote:I think I may know what meta-jerking is. Stroking your meta to advance your wincon in a different game.

It's actually part of this site's meta. You could almost subtitle the site name with it.
I don't understand - i play to win everygame, i just tend to play much better when i can townlock half the playerlist within 24 hours, something I'm not as confident with this playerlist for good reason based on experience.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:58 am

Post by Galron »

In post 51, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: hockeyfan
Why the swing from toxictaipan to hockey?

Also, why toxictaipan to begin with?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:00 am

Post by Galron »

In post 105, DkKoba wrote:
In post 103, Galron wrote:I think I may know what meta-jerking is. Stroking your meta to advance your wincon in a different game.

I don't understand - i play to win everygame, i just tend to play much better when i can townlock half the playerlist within 24 hours, something I'm not as confident with this playerlist for good reason based on experience.
I don't think we're on the same page. I'm talking about a player shoving their meta down other people's throats in order to achieve their wincon. Nothing about not playing to win.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:00 am

Post by DkKoba »

i have like a small idea of read projections- meaning predictions based on tonal entrances/content thus far how I feel people will tell over time and I'll make a nice pretty graphic later - some of the low posters i have good vibes on based on experience/feeling out the thought process they reached to make the few posts they did. One of those is obvuously enchant who I've had good success shielding when town recently.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:01 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 107, Galron wrote:

I don't think we're on the same page. I'm talking about a player shoving their meta down other people's throats in order to achieve their wincon. Nothing about not playing to win.
im a player who gets scumread based on majority conventional reading methods becauae I lie and manupulate as town to win - thus why i focus on making sure my meta is known so at the least people treat those plays as NAI.

Whats your take on hockey rn?
retired
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:07 am

Post by Galron »

In post 109, DkKoba wrote:
In post 107, Galron wrote:

im a player who gets scumread based on majority conventional reading methods becauae I lie and manupulate as town to win - thus why i focus on making sure my meta is known so at the least people treat those plays as NAI.

Whats your take on hockey rn?
I tend to scum read players who meta themselves. I think it's because when I started playing, the players who were using self-meta usually were scum. I don't know how accurate it is now but that was way back. It could be something my mind believes that in reality isn't true. I guess it's a playstyle thing.

Hockey is town reading me for some reason, and I've done nothing this game. l haven't looked at him beyond that. Until I figure out why he's townreading me, or I read how his slot is approaching others, he's in the middle.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:13 am

Post by Galron »

Based on whose experience though? Is it just more difficult when you have a smaller game, or is it something about this game in particular? I want to read this the opposite of how you laid it out. I'm saying to myself "They've just made a point that they usually townlock a p list withing 24 hours but this one they either haven't or can't." Now what does that mean? Is it them trying to get a townread for themselves because they just laid the truth of their meta out there? Is it scum!them thinking there are only 7 players in this game, I can't just hand town reads out like I could in a larger game?

You know, there are several different ways for me to approach this.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:16 am

Post by Galron »

In post 109, DkKoba wrote:im a player who gets scumread based on majority conventional reading methods becauae I lie and manupulate as town to win - thus why i focus on making sure my meta is known so at the least people treat those plays as NAI.
I would argue that you get scum read because you have an aggressive playstyle that is almost overbearing because when you're town you don't just believe what you're saying, you BELIEVE what you're saying. So if you want to go off of meta, I don't see you as aggressive as I've seen you before, and while I think you're town because I've seen a couple of posts (that I can't recall offhand) that I thought were town posts, that's tempered by your meta as I see it.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

no, its me being honest that this player list of players ive read completely wrong before or people ive never played with - minus enchant.
retired
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:18 am

Post by Galron »

I can roll with that. It appears to be a function of the smaller player list. But that takes us way off base.

Whose your most difficult read rn?
T3
T3
He/him
Survivor
T3
He/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:21 am

Post by T3 »

Votecount:
  • Emberbloom (2): Galron, DkKoba
    DkKoba (1): Emberbloom
    HockeyFa (1): Save The Dragons
    Save The Dragons (1): HockeyFan
With 8 alive it takes 5 to eliminate.
Day 1 ends in (expired on 2021-10-16 21:27:01).
I am currently sitting on a white couch typing on my phone while listening to music.
Spoiler: stuff
In post 36, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: toxictaipan
In post 38, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 22, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 21, HockeyFan wrote:Cows, you arent gonna get your desired MC on galron unfort! so just give yourself like 5 strikes! But like is it too early to say cows/galron not paired here?
5 strikes at sushi's

why would it be? i already voiced a read of mine and i don't think the take is that terrible
still would like you to explain it anyways
Explain in Simpler terms
In post 36, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: toxictaipan
VOTE: STD
In post 73, toxictaipan wrote:Dk, I was describing my mental image of your playstyle, not directly accusing you of anything. Also I haven't claimed once that I have more experience than you or alluded to my start date. I'm rusty, so what? Feel free to keep calling me a clown. Maybe you and the handful of other active players on this site can meta-jerk each other enough to run off any other returning players from having fun at the game too.

UNVOTE: DkKoba. Maybe you're not scum as much as you're just an unpleasant com​pa​tri​ot. Now that you're hopefully done stroking your ego can we maybe not rant so hard?
In post 79, Emberbloom wrote:Yawn.

In post 20, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
In post 15, Emberbloom wrote:
cowsloveSushirolls wrote:galkeyfan
Ew.
you get rid of your strike if you tell me a good alternative to galkeyfan
Depends. Are you asking for a more pleasant-sounding name suggestion, or did you want me to name another duo?

Personally, I prefer Hockron. French or Spanish style pronunciation; dealer's choice.

In post 49, Save The Dragons wrote:but i don't know if i like the energy toxic is giving off.
toxic's entrance was bad. was good. feels bad. But then feels better.

UNVOTE: toxic, even though the mod missed my vote (I thought of posting again to fix the typo but assumed it would count :igmeou: (it's fine, T3 <3)).

Thinking.
In post 80, Emberbloom wrote:
In post 43, DkKoba wrote:hey toxic - regardless of your alignment - most people at this table have meta on me
If you're playing this game to win and not your future games, then I feel like leaning on your past games so heavily, kinda goes against the spirit of that rule.
In post 68, DkKoba wrote:i will shut you down so quick i dont care what alignment you are - you're going to *learn* this game.
This post above is also kinda gross, because I'd rather you hunt scum than just lay into someone to try and "teach them a lesson". Especially someone who's admitted they lost interest and came back. Do you know who else lost interest in mafia for a long time? Myself. I'm glad I'm playing under a new username, so that players here don't waste their time looking at games from six plus years ago that I couldn't even remember playing at this point. (see cows' ).

Anyway.

Koba, it seems like you're getting more into an argument about Meta and its use ITT, rather than contribute anything substantial to the game. How does - telling people your current posting is 'confirmed' Not Alignment Indicative according to witness - differ from a trust tell, or at least not get similar enough in argument?

In post 67, DkKoba wrote:Please cite which reads give you this vibe because as far as im concerned
i have not given a single one
other than to call you scum.

Did you not just link an entire offsite game and everything to explain your read on Hockey? Actually, it was toxic - the person you're calling scum - who was the first person to ask you about Hockey. You essentially said your read was not alignment indicative, but also that your exp with Hockey has only been with scum!Hock, yes? Implying this is town!Hock?

Well, I'm surprised you went that deep into all of -gestures- that mess, instead of asking why toxic was inquiring about the vote. Given that Hockey had voted STD... for voting toxic. You engaged with the person you're calling scum to defend your read, and are attacking people for calling out your use of Meta as a defense, yet didn't bother:
- asking about the chainsaw defense above, at all.

- inquiring more about toxic's lack of vote and blatant lurking (as toxic admitted to leaving as bait).

- or even my own post calling interactions between four players "noise" and blatantly choosing not to interact. (but were fine with also voting toxic who I started an easy pressure wagon for; showing you have the capability to
appear
like you're scumhunting at minimum)

And yet. You had multiple points to find something to latch on to, yet you seem to only have "light pings" as reads; casting implied town vibes on Hockey and scum vibes on STD along the way in .

I don't like this playstyle. It looks genuine, sure, but you're not actually
doing
anything?

In post 67, DkKoba wrote:My fucking scumgame is S tier when it comes to mimicking how i form reads as town so for you to accuse me of that is so fucking fake.

My d1 as scum are the most genuine looking *always*.
Hey, Koba. Just because the games titled, "I tell you what I'm doing", doesn't mean that's like, a post restriction for
you

VOTE: Koba

Why tunnel in on toxic for voting you while you're handwaving Hockey's RVS vote on you due to 'personality'? Why did you genuinely answer someone who you thought was scum and was trying to "pressure" instead of applying more pressure or wondering why toxic was inquiring? Why not ask about me voting someone
outside
you/cows/HockeyFan?

Why not push Hock for reasoning on his STD chainsaw vote - if you were legitimately trying to solve this game via a meta playstyle - given your small sample size with his meta, then?

In post 75, DkKoba wrote:
In post 73, toxictaipan wrote:Also I haven't claimed once that I have more experience than you or alluded to my start date. I'm rusty, so what? Feel free to keep calling me a clown. Maybe you and the handful of other active players on this site can meta-jerk each other enough to run off any other returning players from having fun at the game too.
I refuse your olive branch.
As another player coming back off a long burnout, regardless of anyone's alignment here, I concur with toxic.

Maybe dialogue with us instead of pretending like you're better than us.
In post 86, DkKoba wrote:ok nvm maybe toxic is town and im just big mad lol

but ember is *definitely* scum

VOTE: ember

we humbling ourselves here
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:50 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 114, Galron wrote:I can roll with that. It appears to be a function of the smaller player list. But that takes us way off base.

Whose your most difficult read rn?
STD probably TBQH if we eliminate ppl i don't have exp with.
retired
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:54 am

Post by Galron »

STD caught scum me rather easily the last time we played.
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:28 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 98, Galron wrote:
In post 94, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 92, Galron wrote:I think my vote is probably a good one.
lol, idgaf about anything koba/emblem has said(althgouh tbh it probs does have some merit towards their alignment), Galron is town. If people want me to explain my STD vote, its that Std's vote on toxic felt a bit oppurstunic and I felt like STD wanted to add more fuel to the fire with that vote, sooo I thought he was scum for it
In post 96, HockeyFan wrote:Ok after ISOing Koba/toxic/Ember

Koba-- Koba's playstyle/personallity to like be agressive towards ppl and start long tunnels for no reason is NAI in general, but im getting similar vibes from the scum game koba linked in which he was scum soo im tempted to put this towards a slight SL based off meta but not sure
Ember- They have had 4 posts so not really sure how to read them. Them taking toxic's side in this over "having similar thoughts" seems a bit eh, could be scum pocketing toxic the town? Eh, probs another slight SL

Toxic- This is only one im confident in putting as town, They had no reason to make 27 as scum imo
I guess I need to ask why I'm town, when you use Ember's lack of posting as a reason for not being able to read them,
Tbh, I feel like scum!you would at least some opinion on one of Koba/toxic and maybe pocket one of them, but u not doing that and just outright saying "I like my vote where it is" seems town
In post 100, DkKoba wrote:hockey - what specifically reminds you of my scumgame?
Also keep in mind i tries extra extra hard bc radiantcowbells was in that game so
Having long-winded "arguments" about for the most part- petty stuff(im referring to you v cyclone in the MU game)
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:29 am

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 99, cowsloveSushirolls wrote:
HockeyFan wrote: Toxic- This is only one im confident in putting as town, They had no reason to make 27 as scum imo
i sharply disagree with the reason used
Cows bad smh. Whats your read on toxic
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

i like galron for town
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:39 am

Post by Galron »

Pocket successful.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:43 am

In post 106, Galron wrote:
Why the swing from toxictaipan to hockey?

Also, why toxictaipan to begin with?
i answered the second one but the first one was because i don't know if hockey!town wouldn't just ask about the naked vote instead of just immediately jumping on it.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:43 am

In post 49, Save The Dragons wrote:but i don't know if i like the energy toxic is giving off.
that's all you get that's what my vote was for
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:42 am