cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:30 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Anyways, cerebus3, what is it exactly that you think farside did? Do you think that she has revealed too much info about her role? If so, what was your read?
I thought she was saying the name of her role. And revealing any role information carelessly can only help the scum. (power role tells, fake claims).

It doesn't say much about her alignment though. Neither scum or town would have reason to do that, so I think she was just having fun.

I am not going to say more because needless speculation is bad for the same reason as revealing role information if there isn't a good reason to do so.
"Insanity is the last defense of the master bureaucrat"

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:26 am

Post by babygirl86 »

hey guys I just got back- sorry for the inconvenience. I got the pm from meme about gimbo- I'm currently seeking a replacement for him. Heres an updated votecount while I go back and look for any questions I need to anser

Vote count:
Cerebus3(1):Talmadge Monroe
NHAT(1):cerebus3
no lynch(4):Khelvaster, skitzer, orangepenguin, Scarlett O

Not voting(6): nhat, tombolo, icemanE, Gimbo, ashmite84,farside22
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:26 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

Well... this is going nowhere fast...

I am busy mondays through wednesdays, and sometimes thursdays. My posting with be sporadic during that time period.
ashmite84
ashmite84
Goon
ashmite84
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:34 pm

Post by ashmite84 »

cerebus3 wrote:Well... this is going nowhere fast...
True dat!

vote: nhat

Looking at both the candidates posts in isolation, Cer is making attempts at scumhunting the unvoteables for future reference, nhat is happy to wait for the NL. Interaction with the unvoteables will be important later.
icemanE
icemanE
Mafia Scum
icemanE
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:13 pm

Post by icemanE »

I see no real reason to lynch either candidate currently.

vote: NL
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by farside22 »

cerebus3 wrote:
Anyways, cerebus3, what is it exactly that you think farside did? Do you think that she has revealed too much info about her role? If so, what was your read?
I thought she was saying the name of her role. And revealing any role information carelessly can only help the scum. (power role tells, fake claims).

It doesn't say much about her alignment though. Neither scum or town would have reason to do that, so I think she was just having fun.

I am not going to say more because needless speculation is bad for the same reason as revealing role information if there isn't a good reason to do so.
Quick question did you receive a character type?
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:51 pm

Post by nhat »

I guess the only thing that I have to comment on is that I think is that is why Cerebus3 had a problem with farside's role flavor, I guess. To me, I didn't see anything that hinted at some kind of role. Then I ask him about it and then he says that too much speculation is not good for the game and then comments about how the game is going nowhere. What's going on with that?
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:20 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

nhat wrote: I guess the only thing that I have to comment on is that I think is that is why Cerebus3 had a problem with farside's role flavor, I guess. To me, I didn't see anything that hinted at some kind of role. Then I ask him about it and then he says that too much speculation is not good for the game and then comments about how the game is going nowhere. What's going on with that?
umm... There were no posts for two days...
farside22 wrote:Quick question did you receive a character type?
I shall remain perfectly ambiguous to this question.

nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:50 pm

Post by nhat »

The whole point being is that your suspicions against farside is merely speculation, yet you say you are against speculating. For some reason you are using a contradictory excuse to evade follow up. Which is it going to be?
cerebus3
cerebus3
Goon
cerebus3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Post by cerebus3 »

nhat wrote:The whole point being is that your suspicions against farside is merely speculation, yet you say you are against speculating. For some reason you are using a contradictory excuse to evade follow up. Which is it going to be?
What the hell are you talking about Nhat? I answered your question completely.

nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:22 pm

Post by nhat »

Cerebus, I for one hate these point-by-point breakdowns, so I detest you for making me do this.
in post 82 farside wrote: Usually in any game my first vote is a joke vote. I think Skitzer is talking about the first post were I made fun of everyone's name. I'm a pretty serious player as far as mafia goes, but I was just playing up my character role. I thought some people would considering this was a reality game. Guess I was wrong.

in post 92 Cerebus wrote: Don't you think it is kinda early to go about claiming you role name farside?
So at this point, you are concerned that farside is claiming role.
to follow up, farside wrote: I just thought everyone would have a character type. I didn't think it as indicative of actual alignment. At least I would hope it wouldn't be.
I had some questions about this so I wrote:
Anyways, cerebus3, what is it exactly that you think farside did? Do you think that she has revealed too much info about her role?
If so, what was your read?

to which you wrote: I thought she was saying the name of her role. And revealing any role information carelessly can only help the scum. (power role tells, fake claims).

So, the question is can you tell me where exactly she claims her role? Because if not, then sorry to say homey, you are speculating. And for you to say that needless speculation is bad, then that's contradiction in my book.

As for me, I feel that speculation can be a good place to start, especially so early in the day. If you see something, then say it, don't cop out with this needless speculation garbage. If you don't wish to elaborate on your speculations, then just don't say anything. Or better yet, please keep on doing as you are doing. Rather you look like the jackass than me.
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:26 am

Post by babygirl86 »

battle mage replaces gimbo effective as soon as he posts in thread
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:38 am

Post by Battle Mage »

hullo.
where's ma puzzle?

BM
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Talmadge Monroe
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Talmadge Monroe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:42 am

Post by Talmadge Monroe »

I'm going to
unvote
vote: no lynch
, as I've decided that it doesn't make much sense to lynch either of them. I'm strongly opposed to no lynches in general, but this is one scenario where it makes sense.
When in doubt, tell the truth.
~Mark Twain
5-1 Town
2-0 Scum
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:08 am

Post by Battle Mage »

I think that was the hammer. If not,
Vote: No Lynch

We aren't going to achieve much more today.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:11 am

Post by babygirl86 »

You are all wandering around the house when all of the sudden you hear a mysterious voice telling you to go to the backyard. You all wander to the backyard and see a large bullatin board with writing on it. As you look at it you will see that it says:

Which country has been hidden in the paragraph below:

The local habitat around a railway track can be very interesting. For example, supporting the track is a sleeper, under which you can find the lesser spotted great weevil.

you all begin to wonder what it means to you if you solve this clue.... unfortunately, only one of you will find out what happens.

Do not discuss the puzzle in the thread- these puzzles are to be worked on individually. If you believe you have solved it, PM me the answer. I will reply telling you if you are right or wrong. Once someone has reached the correct answer, I will make a post announcing that the puzzle contest for day 1 is over, and who won the contest. No prized will be announced in the thread until the game is over- the prize will be told to the winner via PM
Good luck everyone!!!
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:16 am

Post by babygirl86 »

And while I was typing that, the day ends in a no lynch. You will be allowed to PM me your answers during the night. Those of you who have night actions, please send me your night actions ASAP. The night deadline is Thursday July 24 at 8:00 AM.

Final votecount:

NHAT(2):cerebus3, ashmite84
no lynch(7):Khelvaster, skitzer, orangepenguin, Scarlett O, icemanE,Talmadge Monroe, battle mage

Not voting(3): nhat, tombolo,farside22
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:57 am

Post by babygirl86 »

as most of you head off to your beds to get some rest, one of you is determined to get the first prize and refuses to sleep. Congrads to Day one's Puzzle winner........... NHAT!!! The correct answer was PERU
babygirl86
babygirl86
Goon
babygirl86
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Post by babygirl86 »

You all wake up day two after a well nights sleep. As you gather around the breakfast table, you realize that the household is one person shorter.You all gasp when you realize who was missing, since he was everyone's best friend- who would want to kill him? Talmadge Monroe, cop was strangled night one. With 11 alive it takes 6 to lynch. ....
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

ok, so umm, who is on the chopping block?

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:01 am

Post by Battle Mage »

oh. shit. just read the OP.

:(

Scarlett, it's you and me!

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:19 am

Post by nhat »

Okay, so first things first:

FoS - BM

On your second post, you drop the hammer for the no lynch, adding absolutely nothing to the discussion at all. It's not like everything was at a standstill, I was waiting on Cerebus3 to respond to my post.

Second, about the prize from the puzzle, I was awarded a chance to check on a person to see who they targeted and I'm seriously debating about how to divulge the information. So I'm going to just say the situation and not name names yet.

The person I checked had a target, yet that target is still alive today. Meaning, the person I checked is not vanilla. We are looking at a power town or power scum. I don't want to be too quick to out a potential power townie, seeing that we had just lost our cop. I just want to get some feedback before I proceed with naming names.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:59 am

Post by Battle Mage »

nhat wrote:Okay, so first things first:

FoS - BM

On your second post, you drop the hammer for the no lynch, adding absolutely nothing to the discussion at all. It's not like everything was at a standstill, I was waiting on Cerebus3 to respond to my post.
well, clearly i wasnt aware we were waiting on anything. First thing i ought to reiterate is that i didnt drop the hammer. The Mod has already confirmed this to me via pm (i was curious). I'm not sure why my name is still listed on the votecount, but oh well. Regardless, i agree, i was quite willing to drop the hammer had the day not already ended. I didn't think we were getting anywhere, and thought that in getting a puzzle, we might learn something about the game, rather than firing in the dark. I do wonder how your FoS figures when compared to the affiliation, and indeed, role, of the hammerer, Talmadge? ;)
Nhat wrote: Second, about the prize from the puzzle, I was awarded a chance to check on a person to see who they targeted and I'm seriously debating about how to divulge the information. So I'm going to just say the situation and not name names yet.
So you got a 1-shot Tracker? Hmm...
Nhat wrote: The person I checked had a target, yet that target is still alive today. Meaning, the person I checked is not vanilla. We are looking at a power town or power scum. I don't want to be too quick to out a potential power townie, seeing that we had just lost our cop. I just want to get some feedback before I proceed with naming names.
Erm, what? What likely scum role would target someone and not kill them? I sincerely hope you are joking about revealing a name at this point. Baaaad plan.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

nhat
nhat
Goon
nhat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:08 am

Post by nhat »

^^^^I was guessing it might be a mafia roleblocker taking their chance on a random townie. They've nothing to lose in trying, right?

But yeah, I'm going to wait on those names for the moment.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2008 4:43 am

Post by Battle Mage »

nhat wrote:^^^^I was guessing it might be a mafia roleblocker taking their chance on a random townie. They've nothing to lose in trying, right?

But yeah, I'm going to wait on those names for the moment.
Mafia Roleblocker is possible, but seems pretty unlikely. It's far more likely you have inadvertently stumbled upon a random protown power role. I guess later on we will see, but a claim now is not a good idea.

Also, how did you work out that puzzle? 0.o

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”