Mini Normal 2291: Greentexts | Mafia Wins!

Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:55 pm

Post by Elements »

pap
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 99, biancospino wrote: I'll be up for a little while still, yes
First, can you clarify what/why/how you and Cephrir were just communicating about? It looked like you were both holograms who glitched out for a second and it's a little creepy ngl.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:05 pm

Post by Cephrir »

*bzzt* I am a human. You can tell because a superior machine would not *brrvv, zap* make such a stupid mistake. Beep boop
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
compulsive complex Inventor
biancospino
he/she
Pronoun: he/she

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:06 pm

Post by biancospino »

Lol what.
I just though much of the quote labyrinth didn't really make sense, and tried to ask ceph to help me make sense of it. And apparently it just didn't so there's that.

Btw, I'm still unsatisfied on something. @Crescent responding as she did to the response to 33 is just out of parse.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:28 pm

Post by biancospino »

Wait, wait. So, @ceph, in wrt. Crescent, you
wasn't
talking about her read of Clone? That... would necessitate quite a shift in understanding of the game
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:35 pm

Post by biancospino »

In post 101, Frogsterking wrote: First, can you clarify what/why/how you and Cephrir were just communicating about? It looked like you were both holograms who glitched out for a second and it's a little creepy ngl.
When the game is over, I'm stealing this for my sig btw
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:40 pm

Post by redFF »

In post 80, Frogsterking wrote: Biancospino is my only Town read so far (hi bianco!), I lean Town on Crescent, Elements and geraintm for a medley of reasons, I scum lean redFF, and finally I feel like the back and forth between Cephrir and Kowabunga is AI and I have some thoughts on it but it will probably take me ~24 hours to come to any meaningful conclusions.

JacksonVirgo is about to qualify as
the
slot who was "late to the party."
__

@
bianco
@
JacksonVirgo
can you give me second opinions on the BBT and Clone interaction?

#nullwars

__
In post 21, Frogsterking wrote: RedFF it would be great if you have some follow up to that naked vote because I'm getting major scum pings from you already.
In post 22, redFF wrote: Youve caight me i am scum
Why did the above post even have to exist and why did it take you multiple pages to post the below:
In post 58, redFF wrote: geraint had just posted so i didnt have to scroll up to look at the playerlist i just voted him
Why not just respond to with this originally?
In post 28, redFF wrote:
In post 25, Frogsterking wrote: @Red I need to see something from you, Red, which doesn't ping me as scum.
like what
Explaining your scum reads, pushing your scum reads, doing things that help you acquire scum reads or clarifying how your current play is helping you to acquire scum reads.
In post 70, redFF wrote: herta tell me who to vote
Exactly like I said earlier: I'm not reading into it a ton yet and I can't help but feel like this is a little bit of a deflection from the larger body of what herta just said. I feel like herta basically tossed you the ball with and you took the ball and booted it onto the roof of the schoolhouse with . I think herta was implying that you may be Town here and voting geraintm subconsciously out of frustration or vindication which I can buy, I can also argue though based on herta's same words that you have been given precedent to believe geraintm is a safe and/or easy wagon for you to push as scum. FMPOV is a post I had to think about for a while when I first read it whereas if I were scum I would want to slap a vote on a slot posting like that ASAP if I felt there would never be any consequences for doing so.
it was page 1 rvs lol
redFF
redFF
Mafia Scum
redFF
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:41 pm

Post by redFF »

i dont have any scum reads at this time, i'll let y'all know if this changes
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:46 pm

Post by Elements »

can y'all spoiler your massive quotes please
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:49 pm

Post by Crescent »

I took the first part of post 46 as an indirect defense of Clone responding with a joke, and didn't pay attention to the post he was quoting since it was a less direct train of thought of mine. As it stands, Elements starting play still has some +Town Value to me, but it seems I never actually mentioned Clone by name in my later responses to Cephir. The first one to actually mention Clone was BBT when he made his comment. It's.. Possible the exchange over the past couple of hours was a miscommunication because he thought I was talking about Elements and I thought he was talking about Clone.

Elements has already voted more times than I likely will all day, but some people are like that and that part isn't AI.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:56 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 103, biancospino wrote: Lol what.
I just though much of the quote labyrinth didn't really make sense, and tried to ask ceph to help me make sense of it. And apparently it just didn't so there's that.

Btw, I'm still unsatisfied on something. @Crescent responding as she did to the response to 33 is just out of parse.
This answer makes no sense at all and I don't see what Crescent has to do with anything. You're welcome to try again at explaining what you and Cephrir were on about last page, those kinds of interactions are a huge red flag for me and I would feel better about my Townread on you if you can help me understand how that discussion was organic.

I'm going to go over my reads tonight and I'll try to expedite the process so you get a chance to answer my questions before I go to bed. I won't hold it against you if you end up getting back to me tomorrow morning.
In post 107, redFF wrote: i dont have any scum reads at this time, i'll let y'all know if this changes
Okay, I'm not convinced yet that I'm onto anything worthwhile here wrt my scum read on you and I can wait for you to get your reads:

UNVOTE: redFF
VOTE: JacksonVirgo

From what I recall of town!JacksonVirgo it feels like they would have--at the very least--checked in by now. I'm getting suspicious that they're strategically lurking out the opening of the game.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:14 pm

Post by biancospino »

Let's try again.

I did find chep's (and his own quotes therein) to not parse toghether with the response it got in , specifically because he quoted , which clearly talked about Elements' vote, and (by Crescent) clearly talks about Elements. Now, since I also believed that chep's objection to Crescent was due to her read on clone, as that was the way I read , and since I also believed that would have made at least as much sense if it talked about clone's joke in response to BBT rather than to Ele's vote, I concluded that it was entirely possible that the quoting in , and so , could have been messed up. So I asked.
As it turns out, cephs says he intented to be read in a way that is different from what I did read.

As per Crescent, her response in makes no sense standing the quotes as they are, since it's not a valid retort to a retort to since the subject matter is wrong. However, it would work if both Crescent and Ceph ended up somehow mutual miscommunicating about what they were talking about, which is apparently what happened
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:20 pm

Post by biancospino »

and 76 (by Crescent) clearly talks about Elements
EBWOP 76 clearly talks about clone.
That's what happens when I try to post this sort of stuff while sleepy
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:24 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 104, biancospino wrote: Wait, wait. So, @ceph, in wrt. Crescent, you
wasn't
talking about her read of Clone? That... would necessitate quite a shift in understanding of the game
I was talking about the bits I quoted in 92 but I didn't understand what those bits were talking about
Bartleby the Scrivener
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by biancospino »

What did you think those bits are talking about exactly?
biancospino
biancospino
he/she
biancospino
he/she

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by biancospino »

G'night.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 111, biancospino wrote: Let's try again.

I did find chep's (and his own quotes therein) to not parse toghether with the response it got in , specifically because he quoted , which clearly talked about Elements' vote, and (by Crescent) clearly talks about Elements. Now, since I also believed that chep's objection to Crescent was due to her read on clone, as that was the way I read , and since I also believed that would have made at least as much sense if it talked about clone's joke in response to BBT rather than to Ele's vote, I concluded that it was entirely possible that the quoting in , and so , could have been messed up. So I asked.
As it turns out, cephs says he intented to be read in a way that is different from what I did read.

As per Crescent, her response in makes no sense standing the quotes as they are, since it's not a valid retort to a retort to since the subject matter is wrong. However, it would work if both Crescent and Ceph ended up somehow mutual miscommunicating about what they were talking about, which is apparently what happened
I imagine I may understand this at some point in my life.
Herta
Herta
Mafia Scum
Herta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:38 pm

Post by Herta »

In post 116, Herta wrote:
In post 111, biancospino wrote: Let's try again.

I imagine I may understand this at some point in my life.
This should have had a :P
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 114, biancospino wrote: What did you think those bits are talking about exactly?
I think I thought they were connecting frogs alignment with elements somehow
Bartleby the Scrivener
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:33 pm

Post by Crescent »

All I really said was post 27 townpinged me because it feels like something scum generally doesn't do early, but that feeling is diminished a bit if there's scum among people in the small affected radius.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:51 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Good night, biancospino, and thank you for writing . I should have my questions up by tomorrow morning.
In post 119, Crescent wrote: All I really said was post 27 townpinged me because it feels like something scum generally doesn't do early, but that feeling is diminished a bit if there's scum among people in the small affected radius.
I thought you were pretty clear, FWIW, that analysis was the main reason I Town leaned you. Have you been able to discern anything about Kowabunga or redFF's alignment?
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:34 pm

Post by Crescent »

In post 120, Frogsterking wrote: Good night, biancospino, and thank you for writing . I should have my questions up by tomorrow morning.
In post 119, Crescent wrote: All I really said was post 27 townpinged me because it feels like something scum generally doesn't do early, but that feeling is diminished a bit if there's scum among people in the small affected radius.
I thought you were pretty clear, FWIW, that analysis was the main reason I Town leaned you. Have you been able to discern anything about Kowabunga or redFF's alignment?
I have effectively nothing to say about Red. His type annoys me, but I'm also used to it. I assumed he had a reason to vote Gera when he did, and... Apparently he didn't, which makes all 10 of his posts deliberately meaningless. He doesn't done anything AI to me yet and I already think getting a read on him is going to be painful.

There is some scum equity with Kow. I was alright with his response to you early in the game, because as stated earlier, I found it sounding more "annoyed" than scummy. Kow's countervote didn't bug me because it kind of felt like a he had a line of logic he was probing for a response on, but in re-reading it I'm confused. I at no point ever "reached" anything against FK, so I want to know where this idea came from.

The thing that nags at me here is the progression. Kow hasn't really done anything but respond to you and Cephir voting for him. I feel like the 4 posts following Cephir voting him (#45, #47, #59, and #63) are virtually identical, and he has essentially ignored everyone else in the game. It took a little bit to put how I feel into words, but his effort so far feels like it's some kind of mirage.

On a sidebar I have nothing to say about JV not being here. My only experience with JV was when they were a day 2 replacement in the first game I played on this site.
Kowahbunga
Kowahbunga
Goon
Kowahbunga
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:01 pm

Post by Kowahbunga »

In post 121, Crescent wrote:
In post 120, Frogsterking wrote: Good night, biancospino, and thank you for writing . I should have my questions up by tomorrow morning.
I have effectively nothing to say about Red. His type annoys me, but I'm also used to it. I assumed he had a reason to vote Gera when he did, and... Apparently he didn't, which makes all 10 of his posts deliberately meaningless. He doesn't done anything AI to me yet and I already think getting a read on him is going to be painful.

There is some scum equity with Kow. I was alright with his response to you early in the game, because as stated earlier, I found it sounding more "annoyed" than scummy. Kow's countervote didn't bug me because it kind of felt like a he had a line of logic he was probing for a response on, but in re-reading it I'm confused. I at no point ever "reached" anything against FK, so I want to know where this idea came from.

The thing that nags at me here is the progression. Kow hasn't really done anything but respond to you and Cephir voting for him. I feel like the 4 posts following Cephir voting him (#45, #47, #59, and #63) are virtually identical, and he has essentially ignored everyone else in the game. It took a little bit to put how I feel into words, but his effort so far feels like it's some kind of mirage.

On a sidebar I have nothing to say about JV not being here. My only experience with JV was when they were a day 2 replacement in the first game I played on this site.
I never said you reached. Cephir said you were reading too much into things. Which I believe to be an anti-town statement to tell someone.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:19 pm

Post by Cephrir »

Can you recognize a remote possibility that I find it protown to suggest that a possibly town aligned player not get too invested in something I don't think is alignment indicative
Bartleby the Scrivener
Clone
Clone
He
Townie
Clone
He
Townie
Townie
Pronoun: He

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by Clone »

Alright, currently reading through the thread. ill write up my responses to the stuff targeted at me. I'll also try to give an analysis on a few things. I won't spend too long discussing stuff that has phased out
Frog & BBT wrote: It would help me a bit to see a response to Clone from BBT.

"no no no no, its one of my many clones that could be scum you are looking for. Mr 23563"
Nah, I think it's this one.
The Mr 23563 was a dig at how many posts he has as (conspiracy) veteran players always get power roles, often evil.

I feel like BBT was trying to act normal and was making a very natural vote against me. Clearly, it was because of my "I just came to say, hello" post. And yes that was my reply to BBT. Dismissive yes, because I felt like his vote didnt have any value to it, so didn't warrant a valid response.

Crescent wrote:
#30 Clone's first posts feel worse. First one feels a little unnatural, but the second one gives me some ping. It's a dismissive, useless post 7 minutes after he gets voted. I feel like that post only exists because someone voted him, and he felt he had to respond with something, but had nothing of substance to respond with.

#76This feels very fake. The entire argument is "posting a deflecting joke immediately after being voted for, then peacing out of the game for a long time, is scum AI. I wish to see more posts from him." This is pretty cut and dry.

You seem to be going out of your way to drastically conflate what I'm actually saying with all this nonsense talk about "layers". It feels like a very hard deflection relative to a minimal amount of pressure being put on him.
You're right I had nothing to respond with as it was the first page and there was nothing of value to respond to. I also took his vote as a natural way of getting the game started and didn't think much of it. Accusing someone of being scum at the start of the game for saying "hello" is a shit-take on things.

7 minutes, don't really see how that's relevant? This game has no external notifications, so I was obviously online at the time. As if I'm gonna be lurking around here for hours on end. At the time of your post that accuses me of peacing out for a long time. A long time was 12 hours at the time of your post. 8 hours sleep, 2 hours of relaxation and another 2 hours at-least to do things during the day, which is a Saturday for me. My post that was 7 minutes after getting voted was around 11pm on a quiet, rainy Friday night, hence why I was more likely to be online. If your post was made right now, it would be more relevant.

Crescent seems like scum that is trying to take advantage of a vote that had a shitty scum-like post to it, as they don't believe i'll have anything valid to say.

I believe Crescent should have voted me by now, the excessive analyzation and a delay to vote comes off as Mafia. Their posts tend to indicate that they know I'm not actually Mafia (as they are Mafia)

In post 36, Crescent wrote: Clone's two posts give vibes like he's trying too hard, by forcing himself to post when he feels he has to post *something*, because he doesn't know what to say.

Scum often find it hard to transition into a game, and I find early game awkwardness to have a fair amount of scum AI. (I'm interested to see what Ceph and especially Gera's second posts look like, for example).
Yip, did not know what to say lol. But I'm not gonna say nothing when I've been voted.

People seem like they act the same way on day 1 whether or not they are scum. Vanilla roles and inexperience players have just as much early game awkwardness

Anyway, a few shit-takes.

I believe redFF is most likely town. He's staying down-low but tends to be actively curious and is asking

BlueBloodedToffee - "Don't particularly like Ceph's defence of Clone." only relevant thing that he has said, since his vote on me. I believe the vote was just a natural vote to get things rolling. What I don't like is him going silence while a discussion about me being scum was in progress and only made 1 shit-take post whilst that was going on. I don't believe BBT has any coordination with anyone, but wouldn't be surprised if Crescent was making the push because of how his team mate voted.

Crescent I would bet on being team mates with BBT. I'd like to him to give his analyze on him as they are one of the few that has been skipped by Crescent.

Cephiri we are team mates, jks. Idk if he is Ma...town than we are team mates.

biancospino, making consistent replies and asking valid questions. Doesn't particular seem like hes siding with anyone. I'd tend to believe that he is a villager. Their questions seem that they are actually trying to get information out of people and aren't just asking them to push.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”