Micro 1079 - dividing connor (game over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 8:17 am

Post by Skygazer »

mine
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:43 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 67, Aureal wrote: How does sheeping someone's vote discredit the person being voted?
I'm thinking that the yesiree vote could be an attempt to create a false sense of solidarity with python.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 71, yessiree wrote:
In post 45, usesPython wrote:
In post 44, Invisibility wrote: oh true true. They must've decided that the order was acceptable enough over random neighborhoods so there's still probably stuff to glean from that. Not that I'll do much gleaning cuz I don't like doing meta (major player flaw. I just find it boring)
No I mean why did scum specifically make it obvious that they let the hoods rand instead of letting it rand and letting people see AI hood choices where there are none

-A
maybe it wasn't that obvious since no one noticed it straight away, but the choice seems more intentional than not
it's intentionally done to make it seem... not intentional? it could be specifically done to deny info behind neighborhood choices
I feel like it's not helpful to speculate on this? Real question, what does it gain?
In post 73, yessiree wrote:
In post 59, Merlyn wrote: I feel like I missed RVS already
In post 41, Invisibility wrote: boring! But we should still lim in the small neighborhood probably cuz better odds
Seems right to me, randomized or not there's still one scum per hood.
VOTE: yesiree I don't like that you sheeped python with the vote on invisibility.
this feels a bit forced for a rvs vote? are you scumreading me based on that vote alone or are you just happy to vote in the small hood?
I said at the top of the post you quoted it wasn't RVS. I am looking in the small hood first, though, and I'm not sure why everyone wouldn't. It's awesome to be able to focus on only 3 players for a guaranteed scum lim.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:55 pm

Post by Merlyn »

In post 85, usesPython wrote: Invis and I have a fun chill atmosphere in the hood, posting memes and cracking jokes
if we're having a hood competition, I put it forth the big hood will be revealed as the best hood- we've got interactive poetry.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 12:58 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Okay, this might be a bit weak but I townread Python bc the hoods are random. Having done a game with them I honestly can't imagine them not optimizing the perfect groups.
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:03 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 102, Merlyn wrote:
In post 71, yessiree wrote: maybe it wasn't that obvious since no one noticed it straight away, but the choice seems more intentional than not
it's intentionally done to make it seem... not intentional? it could be specifically done to deny info behind neighborhood choices
I feel like it's not helpful to speculate on this? Real question, what does it gain?
Hood choices let you profile scum, in this case we're hunting for the kind of stick in the mud that'd unironically randomize hoods as scum when signing up for a setup revolving around scum picking hoods
In post 102, Merlyn wrote: I am looking in the small hood first, though, and I'm not sure why everyone wouldn't. It's awesome to be able to focus on only 3 players for a guaranteed scum lim.
In this setup I think it's actually optimal for everyone to operate under a collective delusion that anyone can get limmed d1 regardless of hood because it generates the associatives needed to solve for the big hood scum later in the game
In post 103, Merlyn wrote:
In post 85, usesPython wrote: Invis and I have a fun chill atmosphere in the hood, posting memes and cracking jokes
if we're having a hood competition, I put it forth the big hood will be revealed as the best hood- we've got interactive poetry.
Damn that sounds baller, I've got to start pulling out the strong memes then

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he or she

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:10 pm

Post by Invisibility »

In post 101, Merlyn wrote:
In post 67, Aureal wrote: How does sheeping someone's vote discredit the person being voted?
I'm thinking that the yesiree vote could be an attempt to create a false sense of solidarity with python.
I think Yesiree is the most likely scum in the hood but I dunno how how much water this argument holds (in gallons) considering his choice was 50/50. Like, yeah he could be doing that but I don't think it's more likely to be the case
Invisibility is actually AWESOME!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:31 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 104, Merlyn wrote: Okay, this might be a bit weak but I townread Python bc the hoods are random. Having done a game with them I honestly can't imagine them not optimizing the perfect groups.

Or what if the point was for the partner to pop up with a townread because Python wouldn't not optimize? :o

Seriously though, reasonable point, but what if the ordered player list already was optimized for what they wanted?

I'm guessing that would make the partner someone reasonably experienced or at the least confident, since they'd be expected to have to carry endgame. So I guess not you. ;)
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:36 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 107, Aureal wrote:
In post 104, Merlyn wrote: Okay, this might be a bit weak but I townread Python bc the hoods are random. Having done a game with them I honestly can't imagine them not optimizing the perfect groups.

Or what if the point was for the partner to pop up with a townread because Python wouldn't not optimize? :o

Seriously though, reasonable point, but what if the ordered player list already was optimized for what they wanted?

I'm guessing that would make the partner someone reasonably experienced or at the least confident, since they'd be expected to have to carry endgame. So I guess not you. ;)
ok but have you considered the fact that I'd put myself in the big hood to keep my 0% lim rate? :wink:

-A
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:40 pm

Post by Merlyn »

Defintely possible, but this feels like something I could get sucked into WIFOMing about forever and I don't want to do that.

Your guess is interesting and would answer the player list question, but I think there's a lot of players that could orchestrate that in this game. Basically anyone but me and Burger (I think? Don't know if you're an alt account).
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 108, usesPython wrote:

ok but have you considered the fact that I'd put myself in the big hood to keep my 0% lim rate? :wink:

-A

Yup. And I'm not at all surprised to see you in the small one.

I'm getting bored with my vote. Let's go vote... Um... VOTE: SirCakez
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Skygazer
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
Skygazer
any
For My Next Guest
For My Next Guest
Pronoun: any

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 2:21 pm

Post by Skygazer »

VC 1.05
yessiree
(3): Invisibility, Merlyn, usesPython
Invisibility
(2): BurgerParty, yessiree
Meryln
(1): ActionDan
Save the Dragons
(1): SirCakez
SirCakez
(1): Aureal

Not Voting
(1): Save the Dragons

With 9 alive, it takes 5 votes to reject a player's right to keep playing in this game. Day 1 ends in (expired on 2023-05-18 09:15:00).

mod notes: 22 / 2 = 11
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:21 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 99, ActionDan wrote:
In post 97, SirCakez wrote: i don't really have feelings on anyone in small hood yet, tbh they all feel a little scummy to me
Town post 📫
okay i'll bite, what about that post from cakez makes u feel like it's a town post
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:23 pm

Post by yessiree »

but this isn't what u said earlier, you said it was to discredit invisibility which was kinda of nonsensical
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:33 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 102, Merlyn wrote:
In post 71, yessiree wrote:
In post 45, usesPython wrote:
In post 44, Invisibility wrote: oh true true. They must've decided that the order was acceptable enough over random neighborhoods so there's still probably stuff to glean from that. Not that I'll do much gleaning cuz I don't like doing meta (major player flaw. I just find it boring)
No I mean why did scum specifically make it obvious that they let the hoods rand instead of letting it rand and letting people see AI hood choices where there are none

-A
maybe it wasn't that obvious since no one noticed it straight away, but the choice seems more intentional than not
if you can't see that, it seems my goals are beyond your comprehension :lol:
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:37 pm

Post by yessiree »

In post 106, Invisibility wrote:
I think Yesiree is the most likely scum in the hood but I dunno how how much water this argument holds (in gallons) considering his choice was 50/50. Like, yeah he could be doing that but I don't think it's more likely to be the case
how likely of that in Litres?
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Invisibility »

probably about 3.785 times more likely, which doesn't amount to much
Invisibility
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Invisibility
he or she
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:46 pm

Post by Invisibility »

still doesn't amount to much*
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I did a little rereading to find who I found scummiest not in the small hood so I can get off my RVS vote.
In post 89, BurgerParty wrote: The big hood is lit

I'm trying to see who's reaction to the hoods being the playerlist js the most disingenuous since that's probably the biggest event so far.

userPython didn't notice and went full wolf on Invis
Yessiree didn't notice and sheeped (to get an rvs wagon going)
Invis was the one to point it out.

user's reaction is pretty decent so I feel comfortable townbinning for now.
This is pretty much BP's only post I could call scum hunting and it reads pretty fakable and like the thought might not really be there.

sooo VOTE: BurgerParty
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:54 pm

Post by SirCakez »

Aureal why did you vote me?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:56 pm

Post by SirCakez »

I *think"* i feel least bad about invisibility of the small hood group
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by ActionDan »

In post 120, SirCakez wrote: I *think"* i feel least bad about invisibility of the small hood group
2 for 2
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 4:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 119, SirCakez wrote: Aureal why did you vote me?
I didn't do RVS on small hood and it seemed a fine time to move on, so I decided to go back to it for big hood.

Also you broke up the collaborative storytelling before I got the chance to contribute. ._.
-furtiveglance
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Tue May 09, 2023 4:03 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 118, SirCakez wrote: I did a little rereading to find who I found scummiest not in the small hood so I can get off my RVS vote.
In post 89, BurgerParty wrote: The big hood is lit

I'm trying to see who's reaction to the hoods being the playerlist js the most disingenuous since that's probably the biggest event so far.

userPython didn't notice and went full wolf on Invis
Yessiree didn't notice and sheeped (to get an rvs wagon going)
Invis was the one to point it out.

user's reaction is pretty decent so I feel comfortable townbinning for now.
This is pretty much BP's only post I could call scum hunting and it reads pretty fakable and like the thought might not really be there.

sooo VOTE: BurgerParty
I actually liked Burgers post since the genuineness of the "Oh I didn't notice the hoods were randed" is probably the strongest townslip to be found this early, why do you think their ISO is worse than Dans or STDs?

-A
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Wed May 10, 2023 3:26 am