Rumble XIII: Ultimate Spaceship Dogfight!

Cybele
Cybele
Goon
Cybele
Goon
Goon

Post Post #100 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:14 am

Post by Cybele »

Weep not for me, for I am dead.
Last edited by Cybele on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Max
Max
Mafia Scum
Max
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:59 am

Post by Max »

I agree that the device should be destroyed.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He

Post Post #102 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:09 am

Post by bird1111 »

Could we change Deceptive Illusions to burning energy instead of spending it? As it is, if you have 12+ energy, its an A.T Shielding that spends energy instead of burns. Which is even more broken than The Device by itself.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #103 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:27 am

Post by Gremwell »

the drone can only take 40 points then it's destroyed
[color=red]in the name of Harman[/color]
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:31 am

Post by bird1111 »

Gremwell wrote:the drone can only take 40 points then it's destroyed
The way I read it, it absorbs all attacks targeting its owner, but if has taken more than 20 damage total at the end of the round, its destroyed.
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #105 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Gremwell »

I took it as its a drone ship that always dedicates all power to shields and draws attacks, so after 20 damage wears down the shield then another 20 would destroy the drone leaving the main ship open
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #106 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:18 am

Post by Cavane »

If the drone takes all the attacks this round without splashing, I move we award a victory to Netlava for his cleverness, take out The Device, let Xdammo add some systems, and have a do-over.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:37 am

Post by bird1111 »

Cavane wrote:If the drone takes all the attacks this round without splashing, I move we award a victory to Netlava for his cleverness, take out The Device, let Xdammo add some systems, and have a do-over.
I pretty much suggested this (minus the awarding the win to Netlava and letting Xdammo adding systems, both of which I have no problem with).
Netlava
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Netlava
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:22 am

Post by Netlava »

Crap, I overlooked something. Don't worry, I'll probably lose, which is for the best, I suppose, since I'm not a fan of the device myself :P
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #109 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:54 pm

Post by Cavane »

Ah yes. He has to burn 15 to use the Field, which means the Longinus can take him down in one go. Y'know, if you hadn't have said anything... =P
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #110 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:10 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Xdaamno wrote:
Zeofar wrote:
Xdaamno's

Compromised Hull:100
Wait, what the hell? These were the PMs I sent you:
Original bids over 100 energy..
And I sent you...
You cannot bid over 100 energy. Send another bid. Also, you only need to include bids on what you are actually bidding on.
As per..
Will it be possible to bid more than 100 energy in total?
Err, no. Sorry.
From..
Looking at all the chosen Powers, each Hero may bid an amount of Energy (from their initial 100) for each.
You then sent me...
I'll send 100 energy for that 999+ one[compromised hull], then.

I included 0-bids as I just made a list and ran down it, deciding on their value.
And thus, the only logical conclusion was that you wanted to bid all your energy on Compromised Hull. Did you think you were clever for bidding endless amounts of energy you don't have to pay for? :roll:

I don't see what the confusion about Magnetic Shield Drone being some sort of uber system that makes the owner unbeatable. Drones act exactly like Ships only they are controlled by another Ship, or however stipulated by the System. Whoever started causing panic by making everyone think Xelada can't be killed shouldn't be so hasty.

Anywho, there is a somewhat complex solution to this. I'd give hints regarding who needs to do something, except that in any case everything will turn out fine, but I will say that some people have already done the wrong thing out of fear. Because I want to see if everyone is clever enough to figure this out, I'm going to take every message I've got to now as official except for Xelada's. Netlava deserves a win if he estimated that people wouldn't be able to work together cohesively. Still, don't complain, everything will in fact turn out all right.
Oh yeah, you guys are okay'd to share your allocations for this round. This is going to be quite interesting...
:twisted:
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Meh. I get the feeling that one of chenshi/Netlava will have a guaranteed win by the end of the round due to lack of cooperation.
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Zeofar wrote:This is going to be quite interesting...
:twisted:
You think it was interesting when you made that post? I suspect you'll have plenty of fun with the large amount of panic if Netlava doesn't survive the round :twisted: ;)
Last edited by bird1111 on Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #113 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:50 pm

Post by Zeofar »

What you did works >.>
bird1111
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
bird1111
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:53 pm

Post by bird1111 »

Huh? Neutron Bomb takes effect Round 2 doesn't it?
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #115 (ISO) » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:32 pm

Post by Lawrencelot »

Okay here are our options: besides killing the player with kamikaze, we could also try to kill the player with bio-organism ship, and let him choose the one with the device as his partner. If Karo does this and also dies this round, Netlava dies. As for the drone that comes with bio-organism ship: bird1111 can just nuke it.

The only problem is: we can't kill Karo if he uses his Cloaking shields. But for Karo it doesn't matter: if he prevents us from killing him, he will let Netlava win, and if he cooperates with us, he and Netlava will die. So Karo, are you willing to cooperate to let us all rumble till the end?

Question: If we attack the one with the magnetic drone for more than 40 damage, will the damage be dealt to his own ship as well?
Question: For the purpose of Deceptive Illusions, do systems that deal damage count as a normal attack?
No, except when it's something like "add x to your attack" or "deal damage as if attacking".
bird1111 wrote:Could we change Deceptive Illusions to burning energy instead of spending it? As it is, if you have 12+ energy, its an A.T Shielding that spends energy instead of burns. Which is even more broken than The Device by itself.
Could you explain to me why spending is better than burning? If you burn 15 for example, that 15 energy will be reduced from you when you take damage, which means that you can still use that 15 energy on attack and defense. Clearly I'm missing something here, because the site of rumble also says burning is for the more powerful systems.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #116 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:37 am

Post by Cavane »

Could you explain to me why spending is better than burning? If you burn 15 for example, that 15 energy will be reduced from you when you take damage, which means that you can still use that 15 energy on attack and defense. Clearly I'm missing something here, because the site of rumble also says burning is for the more powerful systems.
Burned energy is counted like damage. Spent energy is only taken from the total energy you could allocate that turn. You get spent energy back on your next turn. Burned energy is gone forever, unless you have some kind of regen power.
Lawrencelot
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Lawrencelot
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:52 am

Post by Lawrencelot »

Cavane wrote:
Burned energy is counted like damage. Spent energy is only taken from the total energy you could allocate that turn. You get spent energy back on your next turn. Burned energy is gone forever, unless you have some kind of regen power.
Oh I didn't know spent energy was returned. I made the Deceptive Illusions under the assumption spent energy was gone forever. But changing it would be unfair to whoever bid on it.
Leaving mafiascum temporarily or not due to circumstances
chenhsi
chenhsi
Goon
chenhsi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #118 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:05 am

Post by chenhsi »

lol...

Ummm...

No comment...

Not until I die anyway...

Hmmm, does this look like a curve...
I lost the game.
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #119 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:57 am

Post by Xdaamno »

Zeofar wrote:
Xdaamno wrote:
Zeofar wrote:
Xdaamno's

Compromised Hull:100
Wait, what the hell? These were the PMs I sent you:
Original bids over 100 energy..
And I sent you...
You cannot bid over 100 energy. Send another bid. Also, you only need to include bids on what you are actually bidding on.
As per..
Will it be possible to bid more than 100 energy in total?
Err, no. Sorry.
From..
Looking at all the chosen Powers, each Hero may bid an amount of Energy (from their initial 100) for each.
You then sent me...
I'll send 100 energy for that 999+ one[compromised hull], then.

I included 0-bids as I just made a list and ran down it, deciding on their value.
And thus, the only logical conclusion was that you wanted to bid all your energy on Compromised Hull. Did you think you were clever for bidding endless amounts of energy you don't have to pay for? :roll:
'Only logical'? I was ensuring that I would not win that power - the lowest bidder wins. Bidding a massive amount of energy was the
optimal play
, as I saw no rule that I could not bid above 100 energy.

In the rules of rumble, players are allowed to bid more than 100 energy in total, at the risk of death... I had no clue the rules had
changed
for this game. What was the reason for this?

And... I can't believe you 'seriously' thought me submitting more bids than I was allowed on both occasions and expecting them to be disregarded (as per the rules) was
more
logical than me not knowing the rule existed. Seriously, what the fuck? Any sane person would notify me of the rule I missed, since it was pretty darn obvious.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Gremwell
Gremwell
Goon
Gremwell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:07 am

Post by Gremwell »

"
You cannot bid over 100 energy
. Send another bid. Also, you only need to include bids on what you are actually bidding on."

I would think that covers it
Xdaamno
Xdaamno
I love you
Xdaamno
I love you
I love you

Post Post #121 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:15 am

Post by Xdaamno »

I know. I interpreted that as just for that single bid, and... now I look at it, I can appreciate how the mod might have made that 'mistake' as that's a lot more ambiguous - though it was obviously not 'the only logical conclusion'.

Alright. I'll try playing a diplomatic 100-energy player, then.
"This should be an absolute car crash, but let's try it." - CDB
"did you get ces to look disgusted by their offer? i thought that might work" - Patrick
Cracking Idea Mafia
Cavane
Cavane
Goon
Cavane
Goon
Goon

Post Post #122 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:28 am

Post by Cavane »

Whoever started causing panic by making everyone think Xelada can't be killed shouldn't be so hasty.
No one thought that. We were concerned that he couldn't be killed
in one round
, since it was thought that Netlava could only be killed by Xelada dying. That's since been resolved. Longinus + 1 point attack against Netlava should take care of it.
Blackberry
Blackberry
berry
Blackberry
berry
berry

Post Post #123 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:19 pm

Post by Blackberry »

bird1111 wrote:Max's right.

Vote: Rewind back to picking systems, with The Device being removed from the game
Cybele wrote:
I vote for rewinding to remove the device and replacing it with my Retarius Protcol...
Max wrote:
I agree that the device should be destroyed.
You can not get rid of a power after players have won them. Each and every player had the same oppurtunity to bid on each and every power. Just because Netlava was intellectual enough to find a combination that could potentially allow him to win at the end of one turn doesn't mean he should be penalized for it.
Zeofar
Zeofar
Townie
Zeofar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #124 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:40 pm

Post by Zeofar »

Xdaamno:
Is from the Rumble website.
From their initial 100.
If the rules of Rumble aren't clear to you, try to ask a few more questions before damning me for not restating them in the original post. Yes, bidding a massive amount of energy IS optimal play, but only if you have the massive amount of energy to bid. If you like it another way, next time submit a global system that allows unlimited bids called "Advanced Civilizations or somesuch. And no, I didn't take it
comleeetely
seriously that you only wanted to bid only on compromised hull, but there was more than enough warning for you, especially considering I already told you what was wrong, and there are some people that would rather play with full energy than some powers anyways.

Spend/Burn Energy:
Energy that has been allocated to spending on a System acts like energy that has been allocated to attack/shields;you get it back the following round. Energy that is burnt is gone like taking damage. Thank you Cavane.

Lawrencelot's solution:
Karo has already sent me his choice for bonding with, Max. The Drone that comes with Bio-organism ship is only as important as anyone else to defeating Netlava. Karo can't use Cloaking Shields to stop his death because it activates in the following round.

Gremwell: I've chosen to let your bid for Fighter Launch to count. If I mod a future game, please name all bids appropriately. So, that means you get it. Enjoy.

Cavane: Nothing has been resolved or changed. Nobody has Longinus Torpedo. I'll get back to that in a second. What Blackberry and I told you guys earlier still stands as the solution, the puzzle for YOU guys is to now figure out how to do that. I will get to THAT in a moment.

Blackberry: Exactly. Exactly. Exactly.

Longinus Torpedo: People assumed that I would respect Xdaamno's bids for the sake of the game. Well, not so.

Netlava's Gambit:
I am not a fan of moderator intervention, especially when nothing needs to be done. This is why I'm not going to let Xdaamno have Longinus Torpedo, remove The Device, or kick Netlava out of the game for being too smart. I already know what will happen in any situation here, so you guys can play as you please. Maybe Xdaamno's Systems will kick back in after the effects of the Sthuurgian hack-bug planted in his Ship wear off if he posts the solution. You guys will choose how this turns out, and you should be able to control it pretty well considering I gave you MORE than enough information to figure this out. I'll rehash-

1)Netlava can only be killed (that I know of) by kamikaze.

2)Xelada can change his commands, but not the rest of the people that sent me before that post I made (There is no actual purpose beneath this - I just wanted to see if you guys could use limited resources and teamwork to be able to coordinate something that works out). The only meaningful part of his was to point out that only Xelada's commands were important to the defeat of Xelada. Since I'm sure there'll be frustration with this anyways, I'd rescind it, but that would just make things tooooo easy. But my point was made.

3)You guys can share your commands in thread as you please. There isn't any information here in itself, but it would help alot.

Err, that is about it. I really would like to see you guys work among yourselves and try to figure out a good way to resolve the problem. If you don't feel like it, I understand that. Rumble isn't seen as a big thinking game. Would make me feel like an idiot for saying that everything is going to turn out okay, though...

End of excessively long post.

Return to “Social Game Archive”