havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 998, mikeburnfire wrote:Fitz, I can't figure out what you're saying about the TAM wagon. If you so sure that TAM was quick-lynched by scum, then why did you stop pursuing a Feng lynch?
Um...unless you think Whiskers and I are both scum...mbf-town would be acknowledging the same thing...that TAM's wagon has at least 2 scum on it.  Which is what I am saying.  As for Feng...you aren't reading...I have explained this.
In post 998, mikeburnfire wrote:
If you're not sure that Feng is scum, then why are you so assertive that scum were desperately scrambling onto TAM?

It's not being assertive....it's stating a fact.  Unless anyone believes 2+ of you me and whiskers are scum...they have to agree there are at least 2 scum on TAMs lynch.  And Feng is not completely off my radar.  But for me to suspect him soley because he was an alterative lynch to TAM is not something I'm prepared to do.  As apparently no one else is either. 
In post 998, mikeburnfire wrote:You thought Feng was suspicious enough to warrant a vote yesterday,
I did.  So?  When I voted him there wasn't a TAM QL and a 2nd mislynch to consider.  FFS are you even trying?
In post 998, mikeburnfire wrote:and you keep saying (ad nauseum) that TAM's quicklynch makes Feng look bad.
I think I've mentioned it twice in the repeated responses to the same questions.  I don't think that equates to "ad nauseum" tyvm.  Nice painting.

In post 998, mikeburnfire wrote:Today you even told me outright that you still suspect Feng.
I do still have suspicions towards Feng.  as I think I've said more than once today...those suspcions aren't as strong.  And your point is?

In post 998, mikeburnfire wrote:Later in the day, he dropped below Nacho, Whiskers, and Monty on your suspicions list. Why?
I haven't had Feng "ranked today" so how do you get that "later in the day" he dropped below Nacho, Whiskers, and Monty on my suspicions list?  That presumes he was above them all which is clearly not the case since I am voting nacho.  And suspcions change.  Ex: You've moved up past everyone but nacho on mine.  :roll:

In post 999, Fegelein wrote:Between MBF and havingfitz,
I personally believe that MBF has the stronger case here.
A lot of the things fitz is saying is complete theory, he's starting to contradict himself, while Mike's case seems pretty fresh from what I can see.
What "case" from mbf do you think is "stronger?"  Where did I contradict myself and where am I using theory?  i.e. WTF?  And Mike's case seems "pretty fresh?" 
In post 999, Fegelein wrote:That being said, I feel that 1 of them is scum. If MBF is scum, I am almost sure Nacho is.
If fitz is scum, then Nacho could be scum, but it's a slightly weak read. I can see Whiskers and DCL also, maybe Monty.
So basically anyone but you could be scum.  Thanks.  Wait...you left out Lastsurvivor.  Just for S&Gs, what's your read on him?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

..unless you think Whiskers and I are both scum...
I've outright stated that I think this is the case.
------------------------
I think I've mentioned it twice in the repeated responses to the same questions. I don't think that equates to "ad nauseum" tyvm. Nice painting.
854 wrote:you insinuating Feng is scum? Because I still suspect Feng as well. If anything I think the quickwagon on TAM reflects poorly on Feng.
921 wrote:..I said the TAM quickwagon reflected poorly on Feng.
985 wrote:I didn't say it was an effort to avoid Feng's lynch...I said it didn't look good towards Feng. And I still feel that way.
985 wrote:the TAM QL does reflect poorly on Feng but it's not IMO enough of a reason to vote him.
991 wrote:I was not saying Feng was scum. I said TAM's QL reflected poorly on Feng. i.e. it's a reason to be more suspicious towards Feng but it is not a slam dunk.
------------------------------
I haven't had Feng "ranked today" so how do you get that "later in the day" he dropped below Nacho, Whiskers, and Monty on my suspicions list?
This one is actually a mistake on my part, since in the earlier post you specified that you were only talking about the people on the TAM wagon.
----------------------------------
MBF wrote:If you're not sure that Feng is scum, then why are you so assertive that scum were desperately scrambling onto TAM?
Unless anyone believes 2+ of you me and whiskers are scum...they have to agree there are at least 2 scum on TAMs lynch.
Are you stating that Whiskers and I cannot be scum together?

Furthermore, you still haven't explained why the scum would be desperately scrambling to lynch TAM in a townFeng scenario.
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Votecount 3-12havingfitz: mikeburnfire, DCLXVI, Nachomamma8 (3)
Nachomamma8: Fegelein, havingfitz (2)
Not voting: Whiskers, Lastsurvivor, jilynne1991 (3)

With 8 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch, or 4 votes to no lynch.

The deadline will occur after (expired on 2013-06-15 17:45:00) (on the 15th of June).
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 3:14 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Fitz it makes me sad whenever you ignore my posts :(

Did you address everything I said in my most recent one as well?

Also I'm getting all caught up in graduation stuff, so posting will be spotty. I'll try to find the time to post tomorrow.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 991, havingfitz wrote:- You left out the part about you being on both mislynches.
If I was still alive and NOT on both mislynches, that would make even less sense.
In post 991, havingfitz wrote:- You left out the part where you ignored my suspicions of you. Perhaps there would have been more exchange between us if there had been an exchange between us.
I missed your questions, then immediately answered them in the LS-me exchange. Do you think I was scared to talk with you specifically?
In post 991, havingfitz wrote:- The bigger question for me is why town would push. the TAM wagon
Because TAM was useless at best, is lurkier as scum than he is as town because he has the tendency to find things he really likes as town which he centers his activity around, and Feg started looking town as fuck. Why would scum push the TAM wagon?
In post 991, havingfitz wrote:I said TAM's QL reflected poorly on Feng. i.e. it's a reason to be more suspicious towards Feng but it is not a slam dunk.
Which is essentially splitting hairs.
In post 991, havingfitz wrote:If anything...you saying you didn't find TAM particularly scummy strengthens my suspicion on that point. Which as I look you ISO over I see seems to be a disconnect with the post where you have a town read on DCL in part because he is pushing on your second suspect.
TAM seemed like a solid flashwagon because he was a scummy lurker. It wasn't a slam dunk, yeah, but it had support and it wasn't the town TAM that I was used to. I had a townread on DCL for his push on TAM not because TAM was my second suspect, but because he was moving along, doing things his own way and pushing a suspect that looked scummy enough to me. I especially liked that he continued pushing TAM even while I was pushing him.
In post 991, havingfitz wrote:the fact you went off an L-2 wagon on someone you had been focused on fairly strongly to an L-5 wagon of someone not that scummy does not compute.
Because the person at L-2 was reading strong town to me. So yes, I was focused fairly strongly on them because I couldn't tie either of them down; when they produced content, I didn't like it. And when I confronted them on it, it was a bunch of dodge dodge dodge. Then, when Fegelein finally started interacting with me, he pushed an aggressive attack on me while he was ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN TO DIE. When scum don't know if I've activated my PGO yet and I'm obviously going to be aggressive as fuck about it and I'm sending scum to the grave, they don't want to waste time attacking me. They want to attack someone that has a chance of dying. But Fegelein's stubbornness showed me that he was town, so I backed off.
In post 991, havingfitz wrote:1)..I never said I didn't comment on TAM because he was lynched behind my back. I said I didn't comment on him because he wasn't someone I was suspicious of.
People were expressing suspicion about him, talking about whether they would be down with wagonning TAM. DCL was talking about the potential for a TAM quickwagon, I said "well sure I'd go on TAM, but Feg is what I want most". Then I find Feg town and we have a TAM quickwagon and you're really that surprised?
In post 991, havingfitz wrote:Is saying you should be dead a burden of proficiency argument?
Um, yes.
In post 992, jilynne1991 wrote:I *might* be willing to lynch Nachomamma8 today. (I play super cautiously.) I'm still looking at everyone else.
I'm looking forward to when you actually produce something good!
In post 997, havingfitz wrote:Question for Nacho...how many scum do you believe were on TAM's lynch?
It happened in 6 hours, so it depends on which scum were online.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 3:19 pm

Post by Leafsnail »

Votecount 3-13havingfitz: mikeburnfire, DCLXVI, Nachomamma8 (3)
Nachomamma8: Fegelein, havingfitz (2)
Not voting: Whiskers, Lastsurvivor, jilynne1991 (3)

With 8 players alive it takes 5 votes to lynch, or 4 votes to no lynch.

The deadline will occur after (expired on 2013-06-15 17:45:00) (on the 15th of June). I probably won't be around for the deadline, so there may be a delay before the day ending post is made (but votes made after the deadline will not be counted regardless).
Fegelein
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:39 pm

Post by Fegelein »

UNVOTE: NachoMamma8
VOTE: Havingfitz

Fuck it, might as well do it. He is scummy after all.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:29 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 999, Fegelein wrote:Between MBF and havingfitz, I personally believe that MBF has the stronger case here. A lot of the things fitz is saying is complete theory, he's starting to contradict himself, while Mike's case seems pretty fresh from what I can see.

That being said, I feel that 1 of them is scum. If MBF is scum, I am almost sure Nacho is.
If fitz is scum, then Nacho could be scum, but it's a slightly weak read. I can see Whiskers and DCL also, maybe Monty.
In post 1000, havingfitz wrote:
In post 999, Fegelein wrote:Between MBF and havingfitz,
I personally believe that MBF has the stronger case here.
A lot of the things fitz is saying is complete theory, he's starting to contradict himself, while Mike's case seems pretty fresh from what I can see.
What "case" from mbf do you think is "stronger?" Where did I contradict myself and where am I using theory? i.e. WTF? And Mike's case seems "pretty fresh?"
In post 999, Fegelein wrote:That being said, I feel that 1 of them is scum. If MBF is scum, I am almost sure Nacho is.
So basically anyone but you could be scum. Thanks. Wait...you left out Lastsurvivor. Just for S&Gs, what's your read on him?
In post 1006, Fegelein wrote:UNVOTE: NachoMamma8
VOTE: Havingfitz

Fuck it, might as well do it. He is scummy after all.
OK...Feng's push on Nacho was one of the main reasons I was unsure about him today. This lazy ass play (see 3 quotes above) takes that uncertainty away. Which means I am probably wrong about one of Nacho or mbf (prob mbf).

Absent ~town is going to cost town this game. I.e Where did you go Whiskers? Why the fuck did you replace into this game jily? And nice you of you to /in for a game yesterday DCL and completely blow this game off. Fcuk!

If I am lynched I suppose everyone arming is your best chance.

Oh...and VOTE: Fegelein

Fegelein
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Fegelein
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:31 am

Post by Fegelein »

It's quite obvious that you're trying to imitate my previous play. You're setting up a mislynch here.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:45 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

Yeah wow!!! Wow an out of nowhere lynch target you are so town!

Ok I'm going to hammer in like 15 minutes. We're not repeating yesterday with the informationless wagon.

Fitz if you have something to say you better say it.
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:05 am

Post by Lastsurvivor »

VOTE: havingfitz

Here's the deal: If we're wrong and fitz is town, then we all shoot tonight.
If we're right, do what you want.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:46 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 1009, Lastsurvivor wrote:Fitz if you have something to say you better say it.
Sure...town on my wagon are idiots.

Absent players suck.

And if there is a tomorrow best of luck to town as you'll need it.

DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:39 am

Post by DCLXVI »

We all shoot tonight no matter what.
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

In post 1012, DCLXVI wrote:We all shoot tonight no matter what.
No, then scum will just no kill and all of our shots will be gone.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1014 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

^ in the hopeful scenario of fitz-scum.

If fitz is town then scum have to shoot, so, again, everyone should shoot if we mislynch today.
DCLXVI
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
DCLXVI
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1015 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:59 pm

Post by DCLXVI »

If scum no kill e get another day. Even numbers remember...
Sarcasm is
not
a scumtell.
Whiskers
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Whiskers
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1016 (ISO) » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:48 pm

Post by Whiskers »

Yeah, I think it makes sense to arm no matter what.

@havingfitz: what did you want me to do? Defend your oncoming lynch though you could not? I don't even have a townread on you, man. Just by Process of Elimination, and that's not how I work.
Integrity, Pride, Confidence, Anger, and Truth.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1017 (ISO) » Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:50 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Votecount 3-14havingfitz: mikeburnfire, DCLXVI, Nachomamma8, Fegelein, Lastsurvivor (5) <---- Hammered
Fegelein: havingfitz (1)
Not voting: Whiskers, jilynne1991 (2)

Before you can string havingfitz up, he seems to suffer from some kind of spasm or seizure. As he does, he drops his "certified good guy" card. You try to help him, but unfortunately there's nothing you can do.

havingfitz has been lynched.

He was a
Town 1-Shot Paranoid Gun Owner

It is now night. Please submit actions to me within the next 48 hours.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1018 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:05 am

Post by Leafsnail »

You awaken to find jilynne1991 and Nachomamma8 missing. You arrive at jilynne1991's house to find her shot dead. She doesn't seem too familiar - was she new here? There seems to be some kind of tendency for people to move to this town only to get shot immediately.

jilynne1991 has been killed.

She was a

In the next room, you find Nachomamma8 lying on the floor. DCLXVI reaches down to check his pulse, but is caught by surprise as Nachomamma8 suddenly draws his gun and fires!

DCLXVI has been eliminated postgame.

He was a

On seeing this, Fegelein draws his pistol and points it at Nachomamma8. However, just as he is about to fire, a mobile phone comes spinning through the air. It strikes Fegelein in the back of the head, and brings him down instantly.

Fegelein has been eliminated postgame.

He was a

Nachomamma8 gets up.
"Nice shot, Whiskers. Now where the heck are the others?"

Lastsurvivor knows when it's a lost cause. He's already running away, moving through the thick forest that lies to the north of the town. He shakes off his lone pursuer using his agility and unparalleled knowledge of the local area. "The town may be lost," he thinks, "But at least I can escape and tell the world about the perpetrators."

Mikeburnfire leaves. It's a shame he couldn't catch Lastsurvivor, but he doesn't need to. The previous summer was unusually hot and dry, so all he has to do is take out his lighter and...

Lastsurvivor has been eliminated postgame.

He was a

Nachomamma8, Whiskers and Mikeburnfire have survived and won!

They were all
Mafia Goons

Game over! Thanks for playing everyone, especially to all the replacements who volunteered to join in so swiftly. I'll follow this post up with night actions and some other stuff soon.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1019 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:09 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

I knew Whiskers was scummy scum scum
Good game guys, sorry for acting stupid D1
Scum did a great job
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1020 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:13 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Night actions:

Spoiler: Night One
Mikeburnfire mafiakills goodmorning (previously notes)
Lastsurvivor arms himself

Spoiler: Night Two
Nachomamma8 mafiakills RachMarie
MontyWhittaker (later jilynne1991) arms himself
havingfitz (previously Syryana) arms himself

Spoiler: Night Three
Nachomamma8 mafiakills jilynne1991 (previously MontyWhittaker)
DCLXVI arms himself
goodmorning
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
goodmorning
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1021 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:21 am

Post by goodmorning »

So I actually watched this game very closely despite having been killed before I could post, and I'm just curious:

HOW DID NACHO NOT GET LYNCHED?
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:21 am

Post by TheIrishPope »

In post 1021, goodmorning wrote: HOW DID NACHO NOT GET LYNCHED?
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1023 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:37 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Moderator notes:

Moderation Errors

There were a few mistakes, but nothing which I think affected the outcome of the game. The most egregious was (briefly) posting The Acting Method's town PM in the setup listing instead of a sample PM, but as this occured before I sent out any roles I was able to simply reroll the setup without causing any damage.

There were a couple of votecount errors and I accidentally left RachMarie on the living players list for the entire game, but I don't think anyone was mislead by those mistakes. I also managed to not open the mafiachat at the start of the game for a few hours (for some reason it was only accepting posts from me).

I seem to have made a typo in the rules, which state that nightphases would last three days. In-game, all the nights were stated to last and did last 48 hours instead. Nobody seems to have been affected by this error, fortunately.

I think I may have forgotten to send some deadchat links too.

Finally, I failed to specify what would happen in the case of a stalemate situation (IE both the mafia and the town are repeatedly refusing to make a kill) in the OP, and once I noticed this I was concerned that I would affect the outcome of the game if I stated this in-thread without anyone asking me to. I would have forced the mafia to kill after 3 consecutive no lynches with no kills between them.

Rule Changes

I'll be removing the three strikes replacement rule from my ruleset for future games, since it's clearly too harsh and doesn't serve too much of a purpose. I'll also consider relaxing or removing posting requirements at weekends. Feel free to give feedback on any rules or other aspects of moderation that you think should be changed (other than "don't make the nightphases last a different length of time to the time specified in the OP", I've already got that one down).

Comments

I prefer this method of dealing with incorrectly formatted votes - if it's possible to have something that looks like but isn't a vote, then it's possible to trick people into quickhammering or giving up. I don't think that should be part of the game.

Every time I saw "LS" in-thread I got confused.

It was kindof impressive how quickly all the lynchwagons formed in this game.
Leafsnail
Leafsnail
Goon
Leafsnail
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1024 (ISO) » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:39 am

Post by Leafsnail »

Deadchat:
http://www.quicktopic.com/50/H/mAg49LkPDM5K

I'll let the mafia post the chat if they want to, I don't see any reason for them not to (in future I'll ask permission at the start of the game).

Return to “Completed Open Games”