Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1000 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 998, Flubbernugget wrote:Garmr am I town yet

Pro you played well after being dealt a shit hand

gg all

Thanks for hosting mod :)

Check the dead thread I narrowed it to you or prohawk.

Also wtf was wrong with total wreck house/titus

Giving bullet proof to massive he should of gave to me the confirmed town or the VDA town cop. Then again it was titus and house shouldn't expect much here ;/.

Going to pat prohawk on the back you had to deal with those two as your scum buddies.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1001 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

thoughts on the game: overall I think both sides played well here. WaffleGhost got off to a really bad start, but GreyICE took advantage of it really really well and prob would have made it pretty far if he didn't get guiltied D2. even after the guilty happened, ProHawk did a really good job sticking it out and he actually had a plan if he made it to 4p to frame VDA for the last mislynch and the win. one caveat is massive did have a 1xBP that he got from AA9's slot earlier in the game, and the rolecop didn't show any inventions someone got, so that was one factor that might have screwed smth up; in order for ProHawk to win this he would had to have mislynched or endgamed him, or otherwise had to deal with getting another mislynch in which prob would have been impossible. both Bookitty in the dead PT and orcinus (via a PM on D4 lolol) were suspicious of VDA on the last day, so there was definitely a chance it would have worked :3 on the town side, even without the guilty, Feysal had the game p much solved with that reads list in the neighbor PT and a few other players saw through the bus on D1, and orcinus wins the town leader hat for the past few days. ofc there's also VDA who got the guilty. I hate naming names, it makes me feel like I'm being way too selective ;w;

all in all the guilty was a huge lucky break for town which gave them a huge advantage. it's difficult to say how the game would have gone otherwise, but GreyICE would have been in a relatively good spot and we would have had ProHawk who did a pretty good job surviving the longest possible as it is. it'd be a pretty huge tossup. the huge inactivity the last 2 days was lolol but I don't think it mattered much in the grand scheme of things and I think a lot of it was due to the fact the game was pretty much solved already.

I want to clarify that the mod error wasn't recognized until after GreyICE died and it was entirely my (pieguyn) fault so don't blame GIF for any of it :oops: from an outside POV, it looked like it didn't have *too* much of an effect on the actual gameplay, since as far as I could tell the guilty was the main thing that drove GreyICE's lynch, but I acknowledge that I have no right to speak for anyone else on this scenario.

anyway, I want to thank GIF for co-designing/modding this with me and Anti for reviewing. and thanks everyone for playing <3 and sorry again to GreyICE and everyone else on the scum team :facepalm:
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1002 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:47 pm

Post by Garmr »

Would like to give a pat to the back to VDA and feysal as well.

Also gg this game was well designed I enjoyed it greatly so thanks to the mods.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:09 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Nice game guys!

Prob one of the worst scum games I have been in though :(

Thanks for modding! The fake-claim stuff didn't even play a factor IMO... actually I didn't even end up claiming anything lol.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:22 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

i owe actually none of the credit because literally all i did was take feysal's fucking magnificent neighborhood post and sheep it into oblivion

In post 11, Feysal wrote:I am seriously disappointed with Jackel's play though. On my last night alive I wrote a long post detailing my reads on everyone, and he has done nothing with it. Does he not think that sharing the final thoughts of a confirmed town player would matter? That is why I wanted to share our neighborhood here too, I did not want to explain my reads again. I did not know their view was restricted, last time I played everyone was using QuickTopics.

hey buddy i read it and it was like really really good
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:23 pm

In post 24, Feysal wrote:Some of these suspicions are downright weird. How the hell could anyone think Flubber or Total Wreck could be mafia? Both are as close to confirmed town as they can get due to Waffle.

this was also incredibly true
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:25 pm

Post by ProHawk »

Screw PoE :P
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1007 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:27 pm

yeah that was tough

sorry

i think waffle really screwed you guys over because feysal (i want to put my name next to here but i feel slimy doing so) realized waffle cleared total wreck and flubber

and that was enough with the guilty
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1008 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by Garmr »

I was lucky that I was cleared lol.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (ISO) » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:14 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

Sorry for dragging the day out, I just became increasingly paranoid with my townreads.

Thanks for hosting Rumia, it was a good game.
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1010 (ISO) » Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:36 am

Post by massive »

I was getting the same way, and I think that's normal when you get down to PoE and there's ... just ... no case beyond it. Even then you start looking at your townreads and start thinking, geez, is AA confirmed town? Total Wreck was totally town but AA can't help but do scummy things ... Was the Victor / GreyICE guilty a gambit? ... it gets crazy. I eventually got to the point where I knew I was bulletproof, was suspicious of Orc, but figured if ProHawk wasn't scum then I was the likely Orc nightkill so we could move on to the next day at full strength. Ha!
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
Feysal
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Feysal
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1011 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:21 am

Post by Feysal »

Oh hey, we won. Congratulations to town, and my sympathies to GreyICE and ProHawk. After the way day one went, I think you were up against impossible odds.

Even though I never posted in the Dead Thread after orcinus replaced in, I did check on the game from time to time. I did feel flattered by how he felt about my reads, and I'm glad it worked out so well, but even I can't claim full credit. I don't think I have ever seen a scum player crash and burn like Waffle did, which I got most of the reads from, and it was his inexperience that made it possible. Had he been a veteran scum player I would have been much more concerned about him throwing false leads and wifom trails around. It was because of his inexperience that I was confident that his actions were exactly what they appeared to be.

By the way, in case you're curious about the town tell I mentioned in the neighborhood, it was quite simple. Garmr, ProHawk and Gendaberry all mentioned something about how their frogs looked, and massive said his role was appropriate. That was all. I have a theory that town players are much more likely than scum to mention such seemingly insignificant details, particularly in theme games, if they are fans of the source material and the characters they got. My probably greatest success with the tell was in a My Little Pony game I replaced in, where I not only guessed the alignment of my predecessor based on this tell, but also which character he was. Obviously the tell is not completely reliable, but it has worked for me more often than not.
ProHawk
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
ProHawk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1012 (ISO) » Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:41 am

Post by ProHawk »

So what you are saying is I successfully manipulated a town-tell as scum? :)
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1013 (ISO) » Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:26 am

Post by Equinox »

Mine?