Open 559:Diffusion of Power - Game Over!

Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:37 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

I look forward to insanity's hammering. I am soooo done.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

What if you knew way more about the game state Day 1?
THE LAB 4 is live!
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:03 pm

Post by bjc »

Me too game was won quite some time ago.
"
I am literally panicking right now because
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
Burning Crystal
Burning Crystal
Goon
Burning Crystal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:11 pm

Post by Burning Crystal »

God fucking damn it if Insanity hammers and bjc is scum. That's all I'm saying...
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:25 pm

Post by bjc »

It's not possible according to my role PM.
"
I'm a fucking VT
and it really looks like I'm gonna get lynched and that scares me. I'd like to survive past Day 1.
"
-The great LeMidget
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:31 pm

Post by bjc »

But it's clear that you are acknowledging that it's more likely to be boro/doc.

And by more likely, I'm only saying from your perspective.

Insanity hammer plx. I won't be around for the final day :( I'll be at the lake thursday-sunday boo. MKe me proud or just draw the game out more. Prof is likely to get killed tonight. Any other person gets killed and it's 100% game over for the scum team as that allow me and prof to gang up on obvscum.

But insanity/BC vs bjc vs chevlon? Yeah there may be problems there...
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Burning Crystal
Burning Crystal
Goon
Burning Crystal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:51 pm

I'm not acknowledging anything. That's part of the reason I'm scumreading you. I want a read on Doctorr. I don't want to be making that decision when the game is on the line. I want this to be a cool calm and collected action.

Of course, you sneak in a shot to try and open the pool. That combined with your push on Doctorr you had the entire game you abandoned when Elk was in hammer range. You abandoned it to push non-sense on Hershey. It's really convienent when you abandon that claim.

What's the rush? Especially if we all agree not to vote until you get back?

Scum rush mylo/lylo. Town don't.
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Post by bjc »

So I guess Prof is scum...?

I can't believe you're scum reading me lol. Jesus.

I abandoned doc for Hershey because it seemed like that's where the game was going and I scum read her. Doc still fit in that scenario and was still a person of interest. If I were scum as you so believe, why wouldn't I stay on doc and fail only to get towncred when Hershey flipped town? Whyfoam yes but since you're asking, I'm providing.

Hershey's town flip was necessary in that it began the slow process of opening my eyes towards boro. Why I abandoned doc again for the hammer of elk was part frustration and part an urge to show some of you how poor I thought your play. It's the same thing I wanted to do with Victor, since you guys can't read town and/or scum-manipulated wagons.

I'm rushing because this game has been ridiculously long. Over a month? Please, that is waaaayyyy too much time for mafia games. They become stale at that point. The best games on this site last no more than three weeks usually, and IMO the sweet spot is 2-3 weeks. My homesite games usually take 7-12 days.

Sooooo yeah. Whatever. Your style use frustrating as hell because:
-you want to be in control of the game, when I don't really think you should be
-your play has frustrated me through a combination of refusing to really listen to others and the above

Anyway, everyone here is pretty tired of this game but you and maybe insanity. I wpuld like to get the W now.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:12 pm

Post by bjc »

And again this is sort of why sala replaced out. I miss you sala, but the person that replaced you was like-minded so I'm doing okay.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:21 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

BC/Titus, you clearly just don't want to take responsibility if insanity hammers and BoroPhil is scum, but at the end of the day, it's your fault, too.
"You. I am going to bury you. I am going to bury you and erect an icecream stand on your grave. And all the kids will love that you're dead because they get ice cream. Also your tombstone will say 'here lies a cheeky scumbag.'" - Papa Zito

THE LAB 4 is live!
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:22 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

In post 1033, Prof Fridays wrote:BC/Titus, you clearly just don't want to take responsibility if insanity hammers and BoroPhil is
town
, but at the end of the day, it's your fault, too.

EBWOP

THE LAB 4 is live!
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:23 pm

Post by bjc »

:dead:
In post 228, bjc wrote:It might be time to lynch doctor

In post 230, bjc wrote:
In post 229, Docthorr wrote:
In post 228, bjc wrote:It might be time to lynch doctor

Any reason other than me naming you in a post?

this is a fine example of a post that is making you look scummy in my eyes. just a statement, no reasoning.
this is an example of why you're scum.

vote: doctorrrr

Can you all stop dicking around? Lynch doc.

In post 231, bjc wrote:Voted after sala's self vote? Check.
Called one of elk and sala scum? Check, meaning elk is likely scum or he was bussing sala (note: INCREDIBLY UNLIKELY)
Hesitant/wishy-washy about me? Check.

Dude won't commit one way or the other on me. He keeps talking about how suspicious I am and won't bote. Don't ruin this game by sperging out on each other, just vote him and move on. We do not need 2 weeks of discussion per day.

In post 233, bjc wrote:I don't care for meta. This guy is scum. I said not to dick around.

Reinoe it looks like it's me and you. I know town reinoe, wanna vote scum?
why would any of this be necessary or logical if I were scum with Doc? Are you seruous!? Game long npbus? Lol, with this town I wouldn't need to bus.
In post 236, bjc wrote:
In post 12, theelkspeaks wrote:
In post 8, bjc wrote:
vote: bjc

RVS over.

Self-voting spreads confusion, spreading confusion hurts the town, so scum are more likely to do it.

VOTE: bjc
So if you haven't played with me in a previous game, you now know that I tend to do some reaction-baiting early in the game. I don't always pursue it, but it generally gives us a good starting point and allows us to zoom on out of RVS. This post alone wasn't really that bad, but I felt there was potential behind it. So I followed it with a semi-serious post:
In post 13, bjc wrote:Spreads confusion? Lol okay there buddy.
vote: theelkspeaks

Scum found erryone. JOIN
In response:
In post 16, theelkspeaks wrote:In every game I've ever seen a self-vote in (admittedly not many) the discussion of it occupies several pages of the first day, generates relatively little useful content, and puts the town behind. It's an antitown play at best, and since scum benefit from antitown plays and we're still in a stage with little enough content to go by for much of a better vote, an antitown play is the scummiest thing that's happened so far.
Uh, okay. To me this sounds like an over-justification of something so meaningless in a rather meaningless portion of the game.
In post 18, Salamence20 wrote:Self-voting in RVS means nothing.

Theel's overreacting over it reads town for me
Why I didn't like Sala at first.
In post 22, insanity018 wrote:VOTE: U SUX

Cannibals cannot be trusted.
I don't like it when players completely ignore the current focal point of the game.
In post 35, Docthorr wrote:Self votes are a way to confuse town, but usually end up as null. Especially in RVS. I'm not paying much attention to it.

How convenient, they end up as null. He's not paying much attention to it. So he's paying attention but he's not, and therefore doesn't have to offer much of an opinion. He doesn't have to speak, therefore he can't out himself as scum. On its own I didn't think much because I was wrapped up in elk/sala.

In post 59, theelkspeaks wrote:If Salamence is scum, he might know correctly I'm town. On the other hand, he's likely calling me town based on my dislike of the self-vote, which is more a player tendency than an alignment tell. while I appreciate him knowing/claiming to know that I'm town, it's premature by far.

If elk is scum, and I can guarantee you he is, then Sala is 100% town. Elk is trying to appear reasonable here.

In post 90, Docthorr wrote:The interaction between Sala and Elk is very suspicious and I'm fairly certain one of them is scum.
Sala seems to most scummy right now.
There for:
VOTE: Salamence

THIS IS L-1
Like I just posted, he's saying that one of them is scum. For some reason, scum have this thing where they feel very comfortable leaving one of their buddies as a scum read or will even flat-out pursue a scum read that happens to be one of their buddies. Here's an example...

Now that means it's either Sala or Elk. If he was putting his buddy at L-1, he would have to be the dumbest scum member of all time and honestly, it's unfair to anyone to make that assumption. Instead it's much safer to throw his buddy Elk in there, because while Elk could be lynched, Elk isn't an immediate threat to be lynched. If he gets lynched, the hope is that Doctor gets some town points. If Sala gets lynched, and flips town, Doc can say "okay, now we know it's Elk."
In post 126, Docthorr wrote:Voting is the only weapon town has and I've been accused of not using it in a previous game. + L-1 is not a lynch.
IF there was a quickhammer it would be scum or definitely anti-town.

At this moment I'm happy with my vote on Sala for reasons stated by others.

Why are you talking about something like this when you could be commenting on actual players and their actions?

Also, "I'm happy with my vote" is so dumb. I hate when I see people use this. Unfortunately, both alignments use it but only one benefits.

In post 219, Docthorr wrote:I really don't like the vibe bjc is creating around himself.
Short posts/answers filled with sarcasm.
I don't know how he plays, could just be his style, but it makes me question his alignment.
Not willing to comment on anything hot at the moment and instead goes a safer route and highlights suspicion on a rather quiet (or seemingly quiet) player. No commitment either.
In post 223, Docthorr wrote:You could call me lazy. It does fit me in general.
I'm also not that good of a player (yet, maybe when I get the hang of it.) I tend to miss stuff and mostly play on gut. When someone makes a statement I agree with, I will sheep it (If that is the "technical" term.). It's the way I am trying to learn this game. See what other people are finding scummy and acting on it.

Nobody Special was in my very fist game as well, but I had to replace out. I kept following it a bit and NS was confusing as hell.
Also, if you read that last game again you can see I had all 3 of them as scum at one point or another.

If some say bjc is town. I will go with it, because I have a hard time reading that kind of play.

I will try to put in more effort, but it is a thing I'm working on. Reading someone and expressing it the "correct way" isn't something that comes natural to me. (the "vibe" reference for example)
I hate lazy players, I don't like this because it can go either way I suppose. I don't have much to comment on here as it could be scum awkward or new town awkward, and I'd rather not go into confbias territory.

Anyway, Doctor is most likely scum right now. Behind him, Insanity and maybe Shaded Melee. I don't like Melee's page 9 entry and posts.

In post 261, bjc wrote:
vote: Doctor
the Doc dies today

In post 262, bjc wrote:And when he flips scum you can all follow me to elk.
Plenty more on doc, but yeah I'm totally scum with him. For fucks sake.
In post 265, bjc wrote:And yet everyone is going to waste our time dicking around with each other about the presence of VI/obv townies rather than go for scum until we lynch with hours 'til the deadline. DO NOT WANT

Oh look, f****** BC switches to Victor. Are you guys dense?
this proved to be right by the way.
In post 330, bjc wrote:Oh my lord. You give shaded a null read, as well as most other players, and Gabe me a town read while putting a vote on the easiest mislynch this game has to offer.

Way to make it obvious, lol.

In post 332, bjc wrote:Anyone wanting to prove their towniness can switch from Victor to shaded.

Regardless of shaded's flip we go with doctor tomorrow. If Victor flipped scum, then we still would go for doctor.
More on doctor. Hmmmm.
In post 334, bjc wrote:
In post 333, Docthorr wrote:If I wanted an easy lynch I would have put Shaded on L-1...

reinoe, I don't appreciate that tone, or did you get drainbamage all of a sudden?

Yeah why didn't you do that? You would've earned town points for lynching your buddy.
more..
In post 341, bjc wrote:This Victor wagon is quite a joke btw. Why is it still a thing?

Too many players being quiet btw.
Victor getting lynched still makes me mad. I warned ye all. But Titus has to look for transparency, aggression, and whatnot! Titus must prove she's right and is better than us all by leading mislynches on obvious lynchbait town while ignoring what other have to say! Why? Who the fuck knows!

/rant

There was plenty of more to show.. But I'm getting bored.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:44 pm

Post by bjc »

Is this love is this love is this love that I'm feeling?
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by bjc »

Bob Marley keeps finding his way onto my playlists.
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:56 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

"bjc is not my lover, he's just a guy who claims that I am the one..."

"elky come back... You can blame it all on me... I was wrong, and I just can't live without you..."

"Scum... You didn't do right by me. You planned a death dance that just hadn't a chance, and I'm through..."

"I know you wanna lynch me, but I refuse to let you go. If I have to beg and plead for your sympathy, I don't mind, cuz my PR means that much to me..."

"I'm covering my ears like a kid, when Phil's words mean nothing, I go la la la. I'm turning up the volume when you speak, 'cause if my heart can't stop it, I find a way to block it..."

"If I could save time in a bottle, the first thing that I'd like to do is to save every Day 'til eternity passes away just to lynch all of you..."

THE LAB 4 is live!
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:38 pm

Post by insanity018 »

BC/Titus, so your reservations are not that you think Borophil is town but because you would rather lynch his partner first right?

Problem is we have 2.5 days until deadline (so probably wont manage to be calm and collected.)

I had something about bjc's Elk hammer; let me go and look for it.
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:39 pm

Post by insanity018 »

This game hasn't been that long lol?
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:02 pm

Post by insanity018 »

bjc was town and lol-hammered Oka-Poka in Mini 1582 http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 9#p5973829 I'm fairly sure someone in the dead thread said that he's done it before too.

That said, he never expressed a town read on Oka in that game either.
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:25 am

Post by bjc »

That was different. In that game I didn't really participate until lylo. So I just waited for someone to be out to l-1 and fired away!
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:40 am

Post by Prof Fridays »

I'mma be honest, I will be really upset if we don't lynch BoroPhil.

THE LAB 4 is live!
insanity018
insanity018
Mafia Scum
insanity018
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by insanity018 »

^ It will happen.

Someone ask for Chevlon to get prodded if he doesn't turn up in the next hour so we can try to get at least something more from them.

I'll be back after work again.
Micc
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Micc
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Micc »

Prodding Chevlon.
"To hide a tree, use a forest" -Ninja Boy Hideo
Burning Crystal
Burning Crystal
Goon
Burning Crystal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:07 pm

Now that cannot be a coincidence...
Prof Fridays
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Prof Fridays
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:05 pm

Post by Prof Fridays »

We don't need anything from Chevlon to lynch BoroPhil. We have all of Day 7 for Chevlon.

THE LAB 4 is live!
bjc
bjc
Mafia Scum
bjc
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:10 pm

Post by bjc »

Derp
"
I'm a fucking VT
"
-The great LeMidget
Chevlon
Chevlon
Townie
Chevlon
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:32 am

Post by Chevlon »

Why hasn't Boro been lynched yet? :shifty:

Return to “Completed Open Games”