Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 3:56 pm

Post by roflcopter »

...damn?
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Amrun »

Tammy was lynched. She was a
Vanilla Townie

The game has ended. It turns out that Kublai Kahn and Junpei were in cahoots the whole time!
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:06 pm

Post by Amrun »

Set Up:

Mafia:
1 Mafia Roleblocker
1 Mafia Framer

Town:
1 Cop
1 Bodyguard
5 VTs

This set-up was swingy in the way that all 9 player set-ups are swingy; if no scum get lynched, then it swings to scum, and if a scum gets lynched, it swings to scum. But I wanted to do a smaller game with a simple set-up that had power roles in an appealing combination that allowed for manipulation by day play and by scum night play.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:09 pm

Post by Amrun »

Role PMs:

You are a
Cop

Besides your ability to vote, you possess the ability to investigate someone during the night. Your results will come in the form of "Guilty" or "Not Guilty."

Win Condition:
You win when all scum have been eliminated, and at least one Townsperson remains alive.

Confirmation:
The game thread will open once 8/9 players have confirmed. Please confirm by paraphrasing your role to me via PM.

You are a
Bodyguard

Besides your ability to vote, you possess the ability to protect someone at night; if that person is successfully targeted for a kill, you will die in his or her place.

Win Condition:
You win when all scum have been eliminated, and at least one Townsperson remains alive.

Confirmation:
The game thread will open once 8/9 players have confirmed. Please confirm by paraphrasing your role to me via PM.

You are a
Vanilla Townie

You possess no special abilities besides your vote.

Win Condition:

Confirmation:

You are a
Mafia Framer

Besides your ability to vote, you also possess the ability to frame another player. If this person is investigated, he or she will appear guilty to all potential investigative roles.

You, along with Junpei, possess a factional kill ability. You may not frame someone and make a kill during the same night unless you are the last person that remains on your team.

Communication:
You may talk to your partner, Junpei, during nights and pre-game here.

Win Condition:
You win when the Mafia makes up half of the Town (or nothing can prevent the same), and at least one Mafiate remains alive.

Confirmation:

You are a
Mafia Roleblocker

Besides your ability to vote, you also possess the ability to roleblock a player. If successful, your target will be unable to perform any night actions.

You, along with Iknal, possess a factional kill ability. You may not block someone and make a kill during the same night unless you are the last person that remains on your team.

Communication:
You may talk to your partner, Iknal, during nights and pre-game here.

Win Condition:
You win when the Mafia makes up half of the Town (or nothing can prevent the same), and at least one Mafiate remains alive.

Confirmation:

Game 1346
1. Deltabacon - Cop
2. Robbnva - VT
3. Junpei - Mafia Roleblocker
4. FatCat - VT
5. farside22 - VT
6. DLG - VT
7. Ellibereth - Bodyguard
8. Iknal - Mafia Framer
9. Psyche - VT
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:10 pm

Post by Amrun »

Night 1:

Junpei blocks Deltabacon

Kublai Kahn kills Deltabacon

Ellibereth protects Deltabacon

Deltabacon investigates Slaxx

Night 2:

Junpei kills Rainbowdash

Scum QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/TE4b7UZf48qA9
Last edited by Amrun on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Post by Amrun »

Overall, I hoped to see more insightful day play and was disappointed by the day 1 mass claim, though I don't fault any players for participating. It actually WAS a good strategy for town, and it is the fault of me and my reviewers for not mass claim proofing the set-up (though I usually do this, actually). I mean, it was in the sense that mass claiming didn't break the game by any stretch, but it did swing the favor to town a bit and it decreased the fun of the game.

There were too many replacements for poor reasons this game and that disappointed me as well. HOWEVER, I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THAT DLG WAS REPLACED DUE TO MOD ERROR AND HE SHOULD NOT BE BLAMED AS IT WAS NOT HIS FAULT.

I hope you all enjoyed the game in some way and I am open to any sort of constructive criticism.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:16 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

That is NOT balanced at all.

Take away the framer and I can see it argueably balanced but its not even close to balanced. I was expecting a one/two shot blocker, full blocker I would say very slight scum edge and fair with the "cant kill and block" clause.

KK is a bit of a surprise, but Junepi I thought was obviously scum and am annoyed just got let go.
You don't earn
loyalty
in a day. You earn it day by day
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Post by Amrun »

Well, I had several reviewers who all declared it reasonably balanced - and to be honest, I originally had only a framer, and there was a long, complicated discussion in which the conclusion was that adding a role blocker made it less swingy.

I think I regret that decision, now. I like it better with just the framer.

And for a frame of reference, beyond my personal reviews, the normal board declared it balanced.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:23 pm

Post by roflcopter »

seems like a p strong mafia but really in a game this size town should have seen a scum blocker coming and not massclaimed. getting even one cop result would have changed things entirely.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:26 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

I can see where Elli was coming from, but a BG probably suggests a second weak town role (to me) and therefore a single scum counter to a specific role. Massclaim D1 is an underused strategy though and I think would on average put the town on top by a little.

For 9p Cop+VTs vs goon pair is balanced. With the additiong of a BG I would have tacked on a one or two shot blocker for scum, probably two shot and left the other a goon.

Framer also probaby would have been sufficient as a counter, or even a JOAT (RB, Frame, Track) or something along those lines.
You don't earn
loyalty
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by Amrun »

I like the JOAT idea.

I don't think goon balances Cop+VT, though. I really disagree about that. Cop on its own in that situation is too much. That's kind of what I was playing off of, though - I wanted people to think the BG was to prevent follow the cop and then be foiled by the framer. So, I do wish I had just omitted the framer or made it a joat.

But still, in the review process, I was very specific about pursuing balance, and asked everyone who reviewed what would make it more balanced and no one had any suggestions and said it was fine, though somewhere along the line the RB was added in the pursuit of balance.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Post by Tammy »

I just have to say that my reads were pretty spot on and came really really quickly. I'm pretty happy about that. Sucks that I was unable to convince others quick enough, wtf roflcopter wtf, and that I got driven so crazy irritated by KK that I ended up not being able to be convincing and quite frankly at the end just didn't care anymore.

Knowing that he was evil makes his annoyance a little more tolerable but fuck.

Sorry Slaxx that I wasn't able to hold it together to help us win it, but I'm really glad that other than a few moments of paranoia I stuck to my strong town read I got of you right after replacing in.

Congrats team evil and thanks for letting me replace in and running it Amrun.

Oh, and this was my first mislynch. (I'm going to count it as different from a mislynch when I start the game as myself though ;) )
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:54 pm

Post by Slaxx »

Yeah Tammy was obvtown, I regret nothing. Except not sheeping RD on junpei. I was set on KK and Jun until robot said he had stuff written down then didn't provide it, that made me really suspicious of him since the content would have been easy to present to us, and the timing of KKs vote really made me question what was going on.

Also screw farsides self hammer.

Also same to you Tammy, I think we did well trusting each other this game.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:56 pm

Post by Slaxx »

I'm really glad KK wasn't town, because I like KK and if he had been town I don't think I woulda kept liking him lol
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Post by Junpei »

RD TAmmy and Slaxx all boasting about their reads. Uh wat lol

gg though
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Psyche »

I can't remember this game at all. >.>

I remember a lot of farside wallposts...
You can't step in the same river twice.
Rainbowdash
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Rainbowdash
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Post by Rainbowdash »

Junpei wrote:RD TAmmy and Slaxx all boasting about their reads. Uh wat lol

gg though

My KK read was wrong but I was completely right about you but we all were just stubborn about reads. Farside I only voted because of lack of any other option and she was my second pick for a partner with you. Even if I got your lynch im not sure I would have been able to get a win since I probably would have been quite ready to lynch farside and then likely Tammy.

Im just surprised this got review passed when the variable setup F11 calls cop+6 VT vs goon-goon a fair setup after a ton of trials. That and recent data shows RBer is a far stronger role than most of us view it to be and things are accordingly being changed for that.

Oh well, it didnt change anything but I dont see it being a balanced setup.
You don't earn
loyalty
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:22 pm

Post by Amrun »

Rainbow - honestly, I asked every single reviewer if there was something I could change to make it more balanced and they said no. I think, seeing it run, that I would do it differently if I were to do it again, though.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:24 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 1064, Junpei wrote:RD TAmmy and Slaxx all boasting about their reads. Uh wat lol

gg though

Oh you're right Junpei, I didn't correctly identify you as scum immediately upon replacing in or the other potential scum soon after. Oh wait there's thread evidence for that one. I may not have been able to convince people of it, but yeah. My reads were pretty solid. My ability to get you lynched was not.

Although it was amusing reading about you whining that I got Slaxx to change his mind on you so wat wat lol.

Sore winners are sore winners.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Post by Junpei »

Also once replacements starting flowing in I lost my footing and started to lose my flow. Kublai Khan had to act excessively suspicious to cover for me so just giving him props for that since that kind of thing tends to go unnoticed.

RD: My point is that I remember sitting there, you voting me, and just watching you do nothing to get me lynched aside from a vote. You could have done more to get at me.

Tammy: Same deal, you got yourself lynched and couldn't convince anyone to lynch me or Kublai Khan, making your reads non-efficient. I'm just saying - you don't get to say how well you can find scum if you can't kill them.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:39 pm

Post by Tammy »

I get to say whatever I want. I said my reads were correct. Which they were. I wasn't able to get my scumreads lynched, but that in no way shape or form means that my reads weren't absolutely fucking correct.

I mean if your ego needs to downplay my accuracy because you feel inferior that I correctly identified you as scum within 20 minutes of replacing in, that's fine. It doesn't change the fact that my reads were spot on.

I also can't help that roflcopter cared so little about this game that he paid no attention whatsoever to actually reading anyone. Which is pretty apparent from him replacing in and immediately jumping onto farside. If there had been a replacement that actually cared and took the time to pay attention, and not acted as dumb as cooldog did in closed normal, things might have turned out differently.

This town worked against itself, and you benefited from that. That doesn't detract from our being accurate in our reads.

Finding scum and killing them are two separate things, but you can live in lalala land all you want.

This is actually the first time I haven't been able to get my scumreads lynched, and it's been a learning experience. I know that part of it is how frustrated I got dealing with KK, and if I wouldn't have gotten so frustrated things might have turned out differently.

That, Junpei, is being aware of one's own limitations and not discarding other people's accuracies because you feel the need to be superior. But, in time you'll learn when you grow up young padawan.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:44 pm

Post by Junpei »

wow you hit me hard in the chest there. I'll recover, but i'm not sure if roflcopter ever will seeing as you pretty much just blamed him for your loss.

Whatever, this happens every game - losing side finds ways to egoboost themselves and winning sides lols and the losing side gets verbose.

Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1069, Junpei wrote:I'm just saying - you don't get to say how well you can find scum if you can't kill them.

Um...Why not?
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:49 pm

Post by Psyche »

In post 1071, Junpei wrote:wow you hit me hard in the chest there. I'll recover, but i'm not sure if roflcopter ever will seeing as you pretty much just blamed him for your loss.

Whatever, this happens every game - losing side finds ways to egoboost themselves and winning sides lols and the losing side gets verbose.

Or maybe winning side lets the losing side feel decent about itself, thereby maintaining an air of good sportsmanship and allowing everyone to feel more satisfied with the game.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:55 pm

Post by Tammy »

OMG LOL. Your ego really knows no bounds does it. This is called sore winning. Like seriously, you fucking won. No one is taking that away from you.

We losers simply said that we were happy about some aspect of our play while accepting our faults that caused us to lose, and we in no way shape or form took that win away from you. AND YOU'RE TAUNTING US for it. You're saying "bullshit you don't have a right to look at one positive aspect of your play because you lost" and that is utterly ridiculous.

You really do have a terrible inferiority complex don't you? Did you ever play a team sport or anything like that? Because acknowledging what the losing side did well doesn't detract from your win, and if you had any social skills whatsoever you would know that.

Do you actually pay attention to yourself Junpei? Like do you? You have got to be one of the most unselfaware individuals in the world.

So, Junpei, I realize that you think you're like ubersmart and everything, but is your reading comprehension on the level of a 2nd grader or something. Because I'm quite certain that I accepted my fault in being unable to get my scumreads lynched. That is accepting my part in the loss. If I want to point out that roflcopter didn't put in effort in the game, that is well within my rights. All of us played a part in our loss and I didn't blame anyone solely for it. But, yeah, you just pull that out and say that.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”