Mini 1126 - Game over - Was Averagely Suspicious saved?

RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:11 am

Post by RobCapone »

Ok last post til lunch.

Let me explain why I ask my question

Ziti, Subs, and Barry have essentially said or implied their votes are not firm (Barry isn't even voting)

but neither of these 3 have made a case worthy of convincing me or anyone else that their vote is on the right person, so we have stalled wagons.

This is where this whole thing comes in about making a case, a case has 2 purposes

1. To show your reason for your vote. You should always have a reason.
2. To allow others to see your reasons and use that to decide if your case is good or fluff

you than can refer to that case to get others to follw you or atleast look inti the person and make their own case

these 3 haven't really done any convincing which irks me. If you feel your vote is on the right person and I am wrong, CONVINCE me. Lord knows I have tried to convince people of Hiraki.
Goodbye Mafiascum, you guys too serious for me.
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:08 am

Post by bvoigt »

Barry Allen wrote:
bvoigt wrote: @Barry: Were you writing #981 when sub posted #980?
I did miss that question - but the question makes no sense, considering I
quoted sub's post 980 in my post 981
, and my post was made nearly an hour later. I would have posted my questions for Pods anyway...and the fact that subs
didn't
have questions struck me as odd.

I did think making fun of pods "suspicion" of our GM was a good first take to point out why I don't take Pods very seriously - after all Pods took the spot of someone I've suspected of being scum for some time.
With the anti-ninja feature, it's easy to quote a post that was made at the same time as yours. Plus, it looked like #981 took a while to write.

Anyway, the point I was getting at was, why didn't you post your questions for him right away? Since you made 2 fluff posts right before sub asked if you had questions, why did you wait to ask them until someone pressured you? It looks like you were just trying to appease him.
Barry Allen
Barry Allen
Goon
Barry Allen
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:12 am

Post by Barry Allen »

Rob - if you would quit throwing insults and threats around, you might actually be able to convince me that you know what you're talking about. I don't have a town vibe from Hiraki - but your own behavior keeps moving me away from the case, as I can't get past the really, really, bad posting you're doing.

You also misread me - I've been trying to decide between Hiraki and Pods, not as a "compromise" but as which case I believe most strongly in. I've given
you
the opportunity to convince me that your case is stronger...and while I don't have a great feeling about Hiraki, I more strongly believe that Pods has done nothing to allay my suspicion of Bill...and therefore himself (Pods).

Now, I don't believe in Pod's vote for you - I think Pods is scum. But, I also don't believe in following what amounts to a very emotional and at times highly personal case such as you are presenting now. I may vote Hiraki tomorrow, but for today I will...

VOTE: Pods McQuill

@ bvoigt - I already replied to you in post 1073, where I stated:
"I did think making fun of pods "suspicion" of our GM was a good first take to point out why I don't take Pods very seriously - after all Pods took the spot of someone I've suspected of being scum for some time."

I was going to ask the questions of Pods no matter what - but that "suspicion" of our GM was either so LOL or so dumb that it needed to be pointed out. I don't think making fun of someone's really dumb post is "appeasing them", especially since I have consistently FoS'd Bill/Pods for quite some time now.
Show
Life comes at you fast...be ready for it!
Barry Allen
- fan of speedsters everywhere, Mafia player since 2009.

My wiki page
The mafia forum I come from
My Tumblr
A Great Forum for Flash Fans
bvoigt
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
bvoigt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:43 am

Post by bvoigt »

Barry Allen wrote:@ bvoigt - I already replied to you in post 1073, where I stated:
"I did think making fun of pods "suspicion" of our GM was a good first take to point out why I don't take Pods very seriously - after all Pods took the spot of someone I've suspected of being scum for some time."

I was going to ask the questions of Pods no matter what - but that "suspicion" of our GM was either so LOL or so dumb that it needed to be pointed out. I don't think making fun of someone's really dumb post is "appeasing them", especially since I have consistently FoS'd Bill/Pods for quite some time now.
I meant that you were appeasing Sub after he asked if you had any questions. While I don't find your explanation very convincing, I guess it is a pretty minor point, so I'll let it go.
Hiraki wrote:Pressure. I answered the other one somewhere. I'm still sure that it's Bill though.
This post is an example of how terribly Hiraki is scumhunting. If pods isn't your top suspect (at least, it doesn't sound like he is), why do you still have your now-useless vote on him? Actually, who are your top suspects?
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:09 am

Post by subgenius »

@Barry
Could you explain what Pod has done that convinced you to put his vote on him? As far as I can tell it's just momentum from Bill's posts (or lack thereof).
Barry wrote:I still haven't shaken the idea that you could be scum, giving us wall-o-post versus the wall-o-missing that Bill gave us previously.
What changed from 9:45 pm last night, where Pod "Could be scum" to 10:12 am this morning when you cast your vote.

Clearly, you're very cautious with your vote, so I'm guessing that something happened in the intervening time to convince you to cast your vote, but I can't find anything that would have affected your choice except that people finally began getting annoyed that you weren't voting.
pod person
pod person
Goon
pod person
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:53 am

Post by pod person »

Hiraki wrote:How am I null? You just called me scum a moment ago.
nothing else you've done comes off as particularly scummy. the people on my scumlist have multiple things pointing to them being scum.
mozamis wrote:
RobCapone wrote:
Unvote, vote RobCapone

I did it again
unvote
So thats Rob's post 502. I don't see anything scummy there, just a guy who is annoyed at being under suspicion.Why is that scummy to you?
town trackers don't do this. that's why.
subgenius wrote:1)I'd like to hear why we should lynch Rob today rather than waiting another day to see if something useful comes out of him.
that's exactly the point. nothing useful will come out of him. he'll either be blocked or shot if he's town (depending on setup), or will claim roleblocked if scum. if we don't do something about it now, odds are he'll coast to lylo as scum purely on his claim, and possibly live to endgame. which is bad.
subgenius wrote:2)Am I correct in assuming that Agar makes the second slot due to penpen's actions, or do you also think Agar has been acting scummy?
you are correct in assuming, though it's also due to wikkiden's actions as well.
quote="subgenius"]3)I'm not clear on why Barry is on your list (although I'm glad to see him there).[/quote]
earlier stuff from the game; nothing in the latter half really stood out, but he did nothing to improve my earlier read on him.
Barry Allen wrote:@ Pods - I can see why you may not like how Rob is posting, but given that you replaced Bill I'm not ready to blindly follow your lead. I still haven't shaken the idea that you could be scum, giving us wall-o-post versus the wall-o-missing that Bill gave us previously.
am i supposed to care?
RobCapone wrote:
RobCapone wrote:Btw if speed of wagons really mean anything
which it really doesn't.
But Zito has confirmed EA as town because of the speed of his wagon and the rest of town has essentially agreed, and don't forget Agar has invoked his superior knowledge of his 45+ games on site to say that speedy wagons never happen on scum, so since 2 FAR SUPERIOR players than you Mr. I am an alt but won't tell anyone, your opinion doesn't matter when it comes to this argument.
i'm not exactly sure either are superior to me, though i'm not arrogant enough to say i'm definitely better than them.
and i disagreed with zito's point and i disagreed with agar's point. so.
RobCapone wrote:
RobCapone wrote:pod and hiraki should be confirmed scum based on that, cause those wagons are deadlocked right now.
which is false.
Not according to Zito and Agar's theory of speedy wagons, if speedy wagon = town than slow wagon = more than likely scum (although safe to say not 100% guaranteed either way)
so now you're just going to ride on other's words, in order to avoid responsibility. yet another classic scum move. this is amazing.
RobCapone wrote:
RobCapone wrote:And pod looks especially bad for essentially only having Zito and EA as his town reads.
town can vote town. do you think everyone on the greyice wagon was scum?
where did the greyice wagon come from? I am saying you replace in and put Zito and EA as confirmed town, just like everyone else has. EA is only town on every one's list because ofthe "speed of a wagon" theory which you disagree with so if you disagree with that theory, why is EA town to you?
i wouldn't say "confirmed" town since nobody is confirmed, but.
and i already said why i think erratus is town; it's in my walls.
RobCapone wrote:
bvoigt wrote:I don't really buy the case on Rob.
you didn't read the case on rob, then.
off to read this thread, starting from the top of page 21.
can you point me to the case on me please?
also in my walls.
RobCapone wrote:
RobCapone wrote:yeah I don't want town to vote me but I am trying to point out your behavior over the last 2 or 3 pages is sketchy
the phrasing here is how a scum would say this, not a townie. "i don't want town to vote me" because "i'm scum" is what he means here.
so are you saying town would say "vote me"? are you really going to criticise the way a statement is worded and try and twist that into "that is how scum would word it"? cause that is horseshit. I don't want to be lynched so I don't want town to vote me, scum is going to vote me cause they want the tracker dead. I am sorry you disagree with the wording of my statement but the fact you are trying to twist it into something scummy earns you scum points.
i'm not twisting any words. there are times where conclusions have to be made on the intent of another player's post - this is one of them, and the conclusion i came to is that you have a scum motive for this statement.
RobCapone wrote:
hmm... i want to take this time to post something that came to mind just now.
let's compare/contrast the two replacees on super-lurker slots.
bvoigt is one of the few people who actually sounds like he believes every word he says... he's town.
mozamis, on the other hand, hasn't done anything to improve the hayker slot. posting more, yes. but there's so many logical leaps and stretches that it's hard to take anything he's posting seriously. it looks like fake-scumhunting, and i've never seen town that fake-scumhunts.
bvoight is auto town cause he sounds like hebelieves everything he says? umm.. ok?
scum spout nothing more than a lot of bs and try to get everyone to believe it, even though they don't believe it themselves.
town, however, tend to believe most if not all of what they write, because what they're posting is who they believe to be scum, and the goal of town is to catch scum.
RobCapone wrote:the poing about mozamis, idk I haven't paid as much attention to him cause others have played scummier but i will re-read his iso during the next night phase.
this sounds like you know you'll be alive tomorrow if the game goes into night.
Barry Allen wrote:Now, I don't believe in Pod's vote for you - I think Pods is scum. But, I also don't believe in following what amounts to a very emotional and at times highly personal case such as you are presenting now. I may vote Hiraki tomorrow, but for today I will...
VOTE: Pods McQuill
you either didn't read my case or are scum trying to get me lynched if you don't believe my vote on rob. i explained it rather thoroughly.
subgenius wrote:
Barry wrote:I still haven't shaken the idea that you could be scum, giving us wall-o-post versus the wall-o-missing that Bill gave us previously.
What changed from 9:45 pm last night, where Pod "Could be scum" to 10:12 am this morning when you cast your vote.
Clearly, you're very cautious with your vote, so I'm guessing that something happened in the intervening time to convince you to cast your vote, but I can't find anything that would have affected your choice except that people finally began getting annoyed that you weren't voting.
this is spot-on.
Last edited by Dekes on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
on hiatus.
pod person
pod person
Goon
pod person
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:54 am

Post by pod person »

mod: there is a quote failure in the middle due to an extra misplaced [/quote] tag. can you please fix it?

Done.
Last edited by Dekes on Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
on hiatus.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:26 am

Post by RobCapone »

@ Barry - I neither threatened or insulted you.

I lumped you in with zito and subs because you implied you weren't sure where you were going with your vote but you were leaning towards Pod.

All I was saying is neither of you have posted anything to convince me that pod is the right lynch. Tbh pod has posted more to convince me he is possibly scum which is the sad part in all of this.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:52 am

Post by subgenius »

bvoigt wrote:
Hiraki wrote:Pressure. I answered the other one somewhere. I'm still sure that it's Bill though.
This post is an example of how terribly Hiraki is scumhunting. If pods isn't your top suspect (at least, it doesn't sound like he is), why do you still have your now-useless vote on him? Actually, who are your top suspects?
FTR, he's already ignored this question from me. I don't think he actually has suspects, just people he parks his vote on as he skates through the game without doing anything meaningful. He's scum all the way.

-Sat on a lame case on Bill for nearly all of D1 and excuses it as a "reaction test"
-I have no idea what he thinks of Rob at this point, but he surely hasn't been pursuing that line of suspicion lately. His posture is almost entirely defensive when it comes to Rob, so I'm guessing he's not serious about that scum read at this point.
-Voted EA with a one line case, upon which he only elaborated after considerable pressure and then quickly abandoned when he saw an excuse to hop on to a safer band wagon.
-Voted pod person for... I don't know why. For pressure? Does he really think Pod is scum at this point, or is he hoping to shake loose a scum-tell? I don't know, but I do know he isn't doing much shaking. Lets not forget that he's admitted that his case on Bill sucked, so his reason for voting Pod must be something that happened since he replaced in. I also refuse to believe that he genuinely believes that Bill replaced himself. That's one of the most retarded theories that has appeared in this thread. It seems far more likely that he's only claiming to believe in this idiocy because I wrote that I think Pod would deserve to be lynched immediately if the theory was true. Here's something else I think; Anyone who claims to believe that Bill replaced himself is either crazy or lying. I'm guessing lying in this case.

The guy isn't doing anything besides coasting along on cases that he won't stand behind and remarkably lazy defenses, and it reeks of scum to me.
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:59 am

Post by RobCapone »

^ :claps:
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:35 am

Post by Papa Zito »

UNVOTE: pod person
VOTE: Hiraki
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
subgenius
subgenius
Goon
subgenius
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:38 am

Post by subgenius »

That's L-1, unless I've lost count somewhere.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Should be, yeah.

Rob, for your sake you better track someone tonight.
Kappa
Just Monika
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:57 am

Post by mozamis »

wow i could make my first ever hammer! :D
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:02 am

Post by RobCapone »

Damn zito, your vote change and that comment just blew my mind. I knew there was something off about you but those 2 things have me scratching my head.

And while I had my target picked out I'm left re-thinking that decision.

Mozamis, proper ettiquute is to ask for his claim.

I'm jealous if your spot, I'd love to hammer him personally.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:07 am

Post by Papa Zito »

What may be off about us is the red text in your role PM. Dunno.
Kappa
Just Monika
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:12 am

Post by mozamis »

lets hear your claim hiraki!
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:18 am

Post by RobCapone »

Sorry zito but No red in my PM, I do have a pretty green color.

but you have not made a case on anyone and just put hiraki at L-1 without a reason.

Please post "your reasons" for your vote change and why pod isn't a good place for your vote anymore.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:35 am

Post by Papa Zito »

pod is still a pretty good place and your false dichotomy is noted. But I have no major issues with Hiraki swinging either.

Also important is that this game is already twice as long as some completed games and still only Day 2. Fatigue has set in.

What's really important is we have competing bandwagons which will be really useful no matter how the lynch goes down.
Kappa
Just Monika
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:46 am

Post by RobCapone »

As Agar taught me in another game, usually 1 is scum with competing wagons
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:48 am

Post by mozamis »

thing is zito, sweetie, thats what you did on the grey ice BW. Remember that?
RobCapone
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
RobCapone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:17 am

Post by RobCapone »

Yes he did. I'm saddened everyone assumes Zito is town, been burned cause the "assumed town" player was scum and was alive at lylo and won

I don't know how people get these town reads, I have absolutely 0 town reads this game, I usually never have town reads.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:27 am

Post by mozamis »

well i did vote for zito and was laughed at :(
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:30 pm

Post by Dekes »

Vote count 2.6

Hiraki (L-1): RobCapone, bvoigt, AGar, subgenius, Papa Zito

pod person (L-3): Erratus Apathos, Hiraki, Barry Allen
RobCapone (L-5): pod person

Not voting: mozamis

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and 5 to no lynch.

Deadline is
March, 15th, at 04:30 a.m. EST
[/i][/b]
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:16 pm

Post by mozamis »

i see ya Hiraki! post your claim! :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”