Open 318: By Nomination Only (Game Over)

Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:41 am

Post by Quilford »

Equinox wrote:
Vote Count 3.08
Papa Zito (5) - Twistedspoon, Rory the Roman, Fenchurch, Quilford, BBmolla
Rory the Roman (1) - zMuffinMan[/area]

This annoys me and TS is obv-town upon ISO

UNVOTE: VOTE: zMuffinMan
although at the moment I think more likely that scum have not nominated themselves; BBmolla tops the scum list for a weak catch-up post

will have to review his previous player's actions and see if this suspicion still makes sense though D:

and I will have to take a look into PZ's malpa suspicions D: D:
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:42 am

Post by Quilford »

Rory the Roman wrote:I'll give you a chance to re read the thread, but I will say now, I'm quite willing to hammer Zito.

townslipppppp?
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:53 am

Post by malpascp »

Quilford wrote:
Rory the Roman wrote:I'll give you a chance to re read the thread, but I will say now, I'm quite willing to hammer Zito.

townslipppppp?

Au contraire
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:54 am

Post by Quilford »

malpascp wrote:
Quilford wrote:

townslipppppp?

Au contraire

it seems to imply that there will be a night phase?
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:56 am

Post by malpascp »

I don't know where you saw that. He didn't hammer so you could reread the thread before the hammer. You could reread the thread if we were on a night phase.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Quilford »

Quilford wrote:will have to review [BBmolla's] previous player's actions and see if this suspicion still makes sense though D:

Oh damnit Copper was town

Quilford wrote:and I will have to take a look into PZ's malpa suspicions D: D:

weak and ill-formed I think

so topping the scum charts are malpa and Vitamin - I need to read fenchurch soon

---

malpa, what difference would it make if I read the thread before or after the hammer

if there was a night phase I would not be able to post though
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:57 am

Post by Quilford »

Quilford wrote:from VCA alone
at least 1 of {Papa Zito, Twistedspoon} is scum (early NS wagon)
at least 1 of {zMuffinMan, Twistedspoon, Fenchurch, Papa Zito} is scum (Amrun wagon)
at least 1 of {VitaminR, zMuffinMan, Twistedspoon, Copper, Papa Zito} is scum (Hoopla wagon)

VOTE: Papa Zito

Reading the thread over the course of today.

and then this goes and casts doubt on my malpa and vitamin reads
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:59 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

Fenchurch wrote:Hahaha wow.

Well I still think Twisted is town. zMuff or CES/Quilford seem more plausible candidates for a Zito-buddy. CES voted him early, but due to his V/LA he wasn't a driving force behind this lynch like he has been for others. I like Quilford's entry to the game.

zMuff cited Zito as town early in the game, which migrated to a scum read throughout D3, yet he never got as far a placing a vote. zMuff is probably the most likely partner out of these.

But given that CES and zMuff were on the list last time, and that they've been put up with obv-town Twisted, it does seem likely that they're all town.

I think I was wrong about Vitamin, I doubt he's scum given the way that he led two wagons on PZ.
Which leaves Rory, BBmolla and malpa.
Rory - he's been throwing a lot of accusations around, which could make sense in a game where scum have to get the majority of the town lynched. eg. yesterday he said that because PZ was voteparking on malpa, malpa was town, but today he's saying that malpa is scum.

BBmolla - Copper presence was minimal and BBmolla came in at the right moment to bus. His iso-notes on some players (eg. malpa, me) seem un-genuine.
malpa - stuck with his Vitamin vote and basically ignored the Zito wagon until right at the end of the Day. If they're buddies then Zito was trying to bus malpa pretty hard, but I find that plausible since malpa is playing pretty scummy.

VOTE: zMuffin

Rory the Roman wrote:Molla is bussing his partner, and only decided I was scummy after we voted him. Also, the reason the change to you was so sudden was it was the second hydra head (aka me) who decided you were scummy, so it came out of the blue because I suddenly had a realisation.
We disagree on malpaspc
, so it's inevitable things are different as a hydra. Have you ever played with a hydra again?

Fenchurch says we are throwing a lot of accusations around. I think that's odd. We wanted PZ lynched. We agree on molla scum, and we disagree on the third. One head says malpa. Other head says Fenchurch. This head has found yet another point where Fenchurch is simply trying to paint things as black as possible with some quality "oh I didn't read that" stuff.

Quilford wrote:rory papa zito was accusing malpa of being scum for most of the time he was alive

ill need to read their interactions though so I can determine whether it was distancing or not, because nobody ever jumped on his wagon iirc

This is indeed head ones line of reasoning. Zito's vote was parked on malpa for much of day 1 and from there followed the townread. Head 2 is of the opinion that one shouldn't trust tells which scum could have forseen and wants to actually get a read on malpa. Head 1 has trouble reading NS/Malpa and relies on circumstantial tells. Which is where our disagreement comes from.

However, nothing is lost, because we agree on Molla and that scumbag is going down tomorrow. Further, we agree also that Quilford (hi) and Twistedspoon are the towniest, and the most productive from the three up today, so we are going to lynch Muff and nothing else.

I hope this clarifies some stuff.
"I died and turned into a Roman. It's very distracting."
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:01 am

Post by malpascp »

You could make another POV on PZ, changing our lynch options. Duh.

Giving you a chance to reread the thread is not a townslip.

PreEDIT:

Trusting that chart of yours, I would say Twisted is probtown.

2nd PreEDIT: your's=Quilford's
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:05 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

I have to say, that head 2 has a point. Malpa is scummy in his latest posts. He isn't making a big move onto us, but only discredits the townread quilford apparently got on head 2 (who made the posts around the lynch).

To discredit a townread, without making a move yourself is a way in which scum tries to keep the town from banding up. A townie who didn't believe a townread of another townie would have to have good reasons for that, and follow up with them. There has been a surprising small amount of cases made against us, and certainly not by malpa. So malpa doesn't have good reasons to suspect, isn't trying to get us out asap, but does go through pains to discredit Quilfords townread: scummy as hell.
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:07 am

Post by Quilford »

I'm now pretty certain that lynching Fenchurch, malpa and Vitamin will win the game.

Right now I'm thinking Fenchurch first just from what other people have been saying about her making good sense, like Rory above. imma go read her posting nowish hopefully

malpa's really swingy in my reads
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:24 am

Post by malpascp »

"going through pains"?

If I think Quilford is wrong about the townslip, I say so. Me not bulding a case on Rory by myself is truth, but these two things don't get mixed. You want to mix them because my lack of contribution (that is relative) is bad, so me not supporting your townslip would also be bad, making your slip "reliable". Don't try that.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:26 am

Post by Quilford »

Rory the Roman wrote:Out of those three, I would lynch zMuffinman. Twisted would be a far away second, and Quilford would be a miles away third.
It depends on what Mykonian wants to do.

lulzzzz
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:38 am

Post by Quilford »

malpa, what do you think about Vitamin?
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:41 am

Post by Quilford »

super confused as to why obvtown Twisted has been nominated. imma check whether anyone considers Twisted to be scum at this point
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Quilford »

Quilford wrote:super confused as to why obvtown Twisted has been nominated. imma check whether anyone considers Twisted to be scum at this point

i'm going to dismiss this and say it's just scum wifoming us for now

Further reasoning for a Vitamin/Fench scumteam - Fenchurch has been at Vitamin the ENTIRE game. And she puts him back at town because he lead a PZ wagon. How does she know he wasn't bussing? Timing's good, too; perhaps it's no longer a good idea to bus your partner when your only other buddy has been lynched and you're not fully clear of suspicion yourself?

look my mission is not to overthink this game. I want to lynch fench asap
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:54 am

Post by malpascp »

You will certainlly not lynch her today.

My guess is that scum nominated Twisted because they want to guarantee one of the other two to be lynched. Most probabily zMuff, and that's why they nominated him twice; they want him dead. I'd suggest not to do so.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Quilford »

Not to do what?

Answer my question re: Vitamin plz
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:05 am

Post by malpascp »

Not to lynch zMuff. It seems obvious that scum want him dead. They are not nominating him because of him being a strong town-read to most of us.

VitaminR disapeared. I can post on him later, but I'll have to reread (oh no!)
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Quilford
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Quilford
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:08 am

Post by Quilford »

So mal who do you think your vote will go with today?

And what do you think about Fenchurch
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

malpascp wrote:My guess is that scum nominated Twisted because they want to guarantee one of the other two to be lynched. Most probabily zMuff, and that's why they nominated him twice; they want him dead. I'd suggest not to do so.

*blinks*

*looks again*

the guts this guy has. Twisted is, I think, the number one townread accross this game. And we can't lynch malpa
because he was nominated twice
. Uhm, like CES/Quilford was too. Oh. So scum want them really dead, which is why we have to choose TS? LOL

Scum don't want to give us options that could be mislynches. Naturally they keep the same people there who we already agreed on were likely town the last time.

I want dayvig powers.
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:08 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

Rory the Roman wrote:
malpascp wrote:My guess is that scum nominated Twisted because they want to guarantee one of the other two to be lynched. Most probabily zMuff, and that's why they nominated him twice; they want him dead. I'd suggest not to do so.

*blinks*

*looks again*

the guts this guy has. Twisted is, I think, the number one townread accross this game. And we can't lynch
muff
because he was nominated twice
. Uhm, like CES/Quilford was too. Oh. So scum want them really dead, which is why we have to choose TS? LOL

Scum don't want to give us options that could be mislynches. Naturally they keep the same people there who we already agreed on were likely town the last time.

I want dayvig powers.

Fixed.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:39 am

Post by malpascp »

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't give scum what they want. But I didn't get the part of "Quilford was nominated twice two" -.-
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Rory the Roman
Rory the Roman
Townie
Rory the Roman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Rory the Roman »

scum got their choice yesterday. Hoopla was the best lynch they could get. The most erratic scumhunter who was obviously town was lynched. Bad idea.

If you don't believe me, check on which wagon Zito ended. He was obviously ok with it. I still dislike (for that reason too) fenchurch her last move from Zmuff (in favour of who's lynch she argued very much) to CES which practically hammered Hoopla, and partially coppers placement on the wagon. Add you as the odd one out and we have my scumlist.

This day, muff should go. Too bad, so sad, but the others are simply better IMO. And they are more obviously town.
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:29 am

Post by BBmolla »

Rory the Roman wrote:So is tunnelling on scum who are actually scum a bad thing Molla? Thought not. You're scum, and you're dead next day phase. I promise. Shame I didn't get the hammer, but oh well.
Equinox:
Don't feel bad, I was going to hammer Zito by the deadline anyway :P

I didn't know he was definite scum until he flipped. It'd make sense that you'd tunnel your partner, cause you knew he'd pop scum and make you look good.

Rory the Roman wrote:Molla is bussing his partner, and only decided I was scummy after we voted him. Also, the reason the change to you was so sudden was it was the second hydra head (aka me) who decided you were scummy, so it came out of the blue because I suddenly had a realisation. We disagree on malpaspc, so it's inevitable things are different as a hydra. Have you ever played with a hydra again?

If you'll take note, I kept my vote on you from the moment I replaced in. Part of it was because I wanted to reread and didn't want to cast a vote on anyone and end the day without rereading. Another part was because I'd seen some scummy behavior from you in my initial rereadings and felt I may just keep it there.
And no, I've never played with a hydra, I understand the concept though. Sounds fun.

I think I should bring this back up:
Copper wrote:...our suggestion to the town is to "under-think" the day 2 lynch. What scum want is for us to circle the drain, coming up with a lot of information that is pure garbage, because once we create the garbage we'll be attached to it... in brief, the scum could easily use this tool to kill the town, and there's no reason to let them. Just think in broad strokes and treat the mechanic as bulletproof for any obvious townies that are chosen...

We really need to keep this in mind. Let's agree on someone so we can get back to free lynching and not waste time in this phase.
VOTE: zMuffinman
I've got the most questionable read on Muffin, as CES seemed leaning town and Quil's play has also kind of confirms that and Twisted is my most townish read.
However, I believe that all three are town and that this is just a waste of time to get us to bicker at each other.

Also, we've got 3 MLs left, including today. So that'll end up being 1 free ML. Let's make sure we spend that one wisely.
@thesupertriomusical on Instagram, come see it if you’re in LA area, I wrote it!

Return to “Completed Open Games”