Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:58 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 1072, Psyche wrote:
In post 1069, Junpei wrote:I'm just saying - you don't get to say how well you can find scum if you can't kill them.

Um...Why not?

Because it would imply you did very well.

Tammy: Don't take it personally, I don't like it when anyone acts like a loss wasn't their fault, even in a team game. As a basketball player, there's always more I could have done every time I lost a game. Just leave me alone if I'm an egotistical dummy, why bother arguing with me then?
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:01 pm

Post by Psyche »

No...it would imply that a person is good at finding scum.
You can't step in the same river twice.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:04 pm

Post by Tammy »

Because this is a community that plays together a lot, and I don't think that you're aware that you take this attitude a lot and it makes it unpleasant? I never said that the loss wasn't part my fault. I said I wasn't able to get you guys lynched, which is me accepting my part in the loss; I just felt good about my reads being accurate, and you immediately trashed that which was rather odd and rude.
Junpei
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Junpei
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:05 pm

Post by Junpei »

In post 1076, Psyche wrote:No...it would imply that a person is good at finding scum.

No.. that's what the statement is explicitly saying; that Tammy did very well is a connotation. Anyway I'm going to bed. I understand why I would let someone think they did well even if I disagree. I normally do that, but I guess I finally got through with watching people say that.

pedit: Okay, fine Tammy. You did very well good job. I always forget that most people prefer to be treated carefully rather than assessed or whatever.
The melody of logic always plays the notes of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iA41ggsdeXE
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:11 pm

Post by Amrun »

In post 1078, Junpei wrote:Okay, fine Tammy. You did very well good job. I always forget that most people prefer to be treated carefully rather than assessed or whatever.

Yeah, there's being assessed and there's being a dick, and you cross the line. Please keep this civil. You have not mastered the art of constructive criticism.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Iknal
Iknal
Goon
Iknal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:06 pm

Post by Iknal »

I'm sorry for replacing out how I did. But I didnt expect ta end up in hospital. Good work junpei and kk for carrying it through.
I derive a certain satisfaction from twisting your honourable intentions to my own devious ends :)

Modding: N/A
PinkyandtheBrain
PinkyandtheBrain
Goon
PinkyandtheBrain
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:29 pm

Post by PinkyandtheBrain »

In post 1062, Slaxx wrote:Yeah Tammy was obvtown, I regret nothing. Except not sheeping RD on junpei. I was set on KK and Jun until robot said he had stuff written down then didn't provide it, that made me really suspicious of him since the content would have been easy to present to us, and the timing of KKs vote really made me question what was going on.

Also screw farsides self hammer.

Also same to you Tammy, I think we did well trusting each other this game.

As I said in the dead QT. Let me join a game where I make no fucking case, call you scum for no fucking reason and see if you think I'm town.

Douche.

That said, this game was unbalanced as far as giving scum 2 power roles and the town 2 power roles. I don't think mass claiming helped the town at all. The only thing it did was help the scum know who to RB and who to kill, which was exactly what happened.
Bad play goest to copter/pysche for me. Lurking and providing nothing to this game doesnt' exactly say much to me for helping the town if you are town. Voting and sheeping didn't help either this game.

As I read the morning comments I suspected KK when he said that he thought Jun's reaction was town. I didn't see it at all and I started to suspect KK that day (said this in the dead QT). I still leaned more on copter thinking there was no way town would actively lurk like that and jump on a wagon with piss poor reasoning. (wow really scum make bad hammers all the time :roll: ) I explained that reasoning 5 times. The case on my was shitty and non exsistant.

KK entrance was really well done. I started to question his belief that Tammy was scum and no of the case really stood out to me at all. But I let it go more to the read he had on Slaxx that sounded good to me.

Finally me hammering was more out of frustration that no one listened or read anything I said. Me making a case is not fucking scummy. Turing everything a person says and saying it sounds fake is not scummy. Those are gut reads, not fact. All I know is this game was more frustrating and non-helpful then fun for me.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:37 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Awesome! Junpei you scared the crap outta me by going V/LA at LYLO like that. I really thought I was up shit's creek because I felt roflcopter was wavering. Still, I really enjoyed bbeing scum with you. You are a good mafia player so it was great just knowing I coulf trust your instincts.

@Tammy - I'm really sorry I made the game unenjoyable for you. Please understand that I only did it because I was aiming to win. I've noticed that people with your stream-of-consciousness style tend to read really town, but they can be compromised if you upset and irritate them. Thus it makes any case they put up against me look like emotion-based reaction rather then a good case. And I think I pulled it off this game. I honestly thought that Slaxx was more lynchable because of the weird tracker worry. I was more trying to discredit you than lynch you but you refused to backoff your slaxx townread so eh..

Again I apologize for angering you, but strategy took precedence. No hard feelings?

@Amrun - thanks for the fun game. It was a scum-sided setup for sure but the mass claim kinda negated that. We never had to use the frame ability, so it was a moot power. Thanks for listening tomy mini pm rants.

@Ellibereth - the mass claim idea is still bad and I would have argued against it either way. In the scum QT I actually worried a great deal that you may have been a bomb or PGO or something (blame zoraster and his reflexive roles for that paranoia) because you gained nothing by exposing town PRs.
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:48 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Oh, and dead QT?

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:01 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1082, Kublai Khan wrote:
@Tammy - I'm really sorry I made the game unenjoyable for you. Please understand that I only did it because I was aiming to win. I've noticed that people with your stream-of-consciousness style tend to read really town, but they can be compromised if you upset and irritate them. Thus it makes any case they put up against me look like emotion-based reaction rather then a good case. And I think I pulled it off this game. I honestly thought that Slaxx was more lynchable because of the weird tracker worry. I was more trying to discredit you than lynch you but you refused to backoff your slaxx townread so eh..

Again I apologize for angering you, but strategy took precedence. No hard feelings?

You were evil, so you were doing what you had to do. Of course no hard feelings. I'd probably want to still punch you right now if you were town, but you weren't so it's all good. :)

It was a bit of a learning experience anyway. If I would have been able to stop my growing frustration with you, then I maybe would have been able to convince others. It's something for me to work on. :)
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 6:28 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Yeah, when I'm scum I've been able to identify and (attempt to) exploit weaknesses in town players. For me mafia is a game of psychlogical manipulation.

With you the soc-style means that you have less of an emotion-filter. Which means that if youget flustered you are less likely to get logic-oriented players like roflcopter/rainbowdash/farside to believe your arguments. Your history with slaxx made you immune which I tried tobreak up but no go.

Problem is if you try to censor your feelings, you'll lose the super pro-town nature of the soc style. So its a trade-off that you can work on to find that sweet spot.

Also keep in mind that ill be much nicer to you next game regardless of my role.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:52 am

Post by Slaxx »

I don't blame you for reading me as scum Farside, I was thinking to myself how usually I'm obvtown and I know it but this game I didn't feel very obvtown at all. I just think your actions near the end of your lynch were pretty retarded.

KK and Jun deserve the win, when I said no regrets I mean I don't think I would have done much differently. My play wasn't great but there was never a point where I was like "oh man I regret saying this" or "I wish I woulda done this" etc.
Slaxx
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Slaxx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:56 am

Post by Slaxx »

Also as far as responding to cases, I don't usually do it because it leads to walls and lets face it, you usually get lost in walls and hardly ever does the mind of the person making the case change. If you thought I was scum, fine, I can't exactly fault you for misreading me with my reads this game but I am not one to get on huge one on ones with people because it really distracts from the game, on top of making it completely unenjoyable.
Amrun
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Amrun
Killed the Radio Star
Killed the Radio Star

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Post by Amrun »

Dead QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/L6gRsAq8GVPi

KK, thanks for your rants. I appreciated them greatly.

Thanks to all players and ESPECIALLY all replacers.
I survived
Tigerpocalypse 2011

Fusion Mafia, ongoing now.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:01 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

fin.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”