NovaDragon
NovaDragon
Goon
NovaDragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:05 pm

Post by NovaDragon »

Should I reveal my alignment before Techno does his thingy? Or do I wait? I'm asking because this is my second game and I don't know the proper etiquette
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:13 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 1074, NovaDragon wrote:But I did build a case against myself... Think about this... Why didn't he say anything against me in his first post?

Because since you were the only unconfirmed from his POV you must have been scum. It's really a no-brainer. Also you only built a case after I asked, anything even slightly incriminating in your preemptive attack on NU was based on what you thought he was going to say.

You can reveal alignment if you want, it doesn't really matter. Only dead players posting before endgame mod scene gets any frowns onsite.
“Leftover lady, let alone the strongest to be subdued.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

hey beautiful ! how was your day ?
NovaDragon
NovaDragon
Goon
NovaDragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:35 pm

Post by NovaDragon »

Of course I understand why he voted me. That's not what I'm asking.

I attacked first because I was nervous, you say. I can very easily say NU did NOT attack first because he was nervous. I was really hoping you were going to consider my arguments, not a lame over-reaction to the night events before this day...

I blame NU's lurking over this whole day for the result. He waited for me to go first on everything. Even though I warned against it, it has paid off for him.
I'll wait for the mod to do the reveal... I've enjoyed his flavor
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:37 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

NU's lurking was the reason why it took so long for me to finally decide.
If I only had the magic key that would unlock the realms to the plateau of the highest me.
Even though I’ve been badly bruised, living in a house to become a popular muse.”

NovaDragon
NovaDragon
Goon
NovaDragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 8:42 pm

Post by NovaDragon »

In post 1078, Om of the Nom wrote:NU's lurking was the reason why it took so long for me to finally decide.

That's why I blame him >.>
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:27 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

VoteCount 5.2

NovaDragon - 2 (Name User, Om of the Nom) -
HAMMERED

Name User - 1 (NovaDragon) - L1

End scene incoming.
"TeCh was a textbook pro-town obv town all-around town townie.
the entire town decided to lobotomize itself and lynch the most obvious townie in the game" crypto
"Techno played a hell of a scum game, one of my best newbie scum players" bv310
"Tech, you carried my fat ass, that Vig shot took more balls then I had" AP
TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:27 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Drip, drip, drip. How the sands of time drip slowly, yet as the hourglass fills, we realise how few the grains really are when separated from the whole. And as the hourglass slowly filled, and the air quickly diminished, it became apparent that the time to act was now.

You already knew where to strike. For last night, something miraculous had happened.

Why had you not died all those nights? Why had the betrayers not targeted you? Why had Disturbed_One and Declan_giggs looked at you differently from the others, in the moment of their destruction? The last betrayer was clever indeed; so clever, he had allowed himself to believe a lie - at least during the day. The visions, the communication with the dead - spirits vying for this new human part of you to overcome the true nature of the beast. But alas, ghosts are foolish. Your kind will consume the stars, and ascend to the very place of the gods.

Last night, the final peice of the puzzle clicked in place; you are the last betrayer. All this time your malicious efforts had been brooding under your deceptive state, leading your bewildered human form deeper and deeper into delusion. And now, finally, you tasted the sweet taste of victory, the rage of a thousand generations of oppression for your kind, waiting to be unleashed on these hapless humans who sought childish notions of expansionism amongst the stars. Unfit to be kings, the humans trampled all manner of beauty underfoot. They were a blight. Your love for your crewmates quickly diminished, and all that was left was pure hate. Kill them betray them trick them. The trigger for destroying the ship was in your hands, but now you had different aims. And though your human form, at first, struggled with the new beast, hoping to destroy the
Celestial Hue
in that moment of ultimate betrayal - self-betrayal, you quickly crushed the whimpering voice.

And your victory could not be more sweet and swift. Though death was close, with superior wit you fooled the dirty humans, and had them destroy each other; and only you remained. Commanding the
Hue
towards your homeworld, you had won a great victory for your race; the human's technology would quickly be assimiliated into your own, and their weaknesses exposed. This would be an easy war. You would be lauded as a hero amongst your people; they will call you captain and commander, and you will posthumously celebrate the lives of your dead comrades.

For NovaDragon,
Vanilla Town
, was lynched Day 5
and Om of the Nom,
Vanilla Town
, was endgamed

Name User,
Mafia Goon
has won for his team! Declan_giggs and Disturbed_One also win posthumously.

It is now postgame. Feel free to post, deadlings!
the entire town decided to lobotomize itself and lynch the most obvious townie in the game" crypto
Regfan
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Regfan
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:04 am

Post by Regfan »

I've been following this game for quite a while, dissapointing finish to it.

I can really see why scum kept Om alive in the lylo though, was probably the move that won them the game. His 'build a case against yourself' idea is probably one of worse lylo tactics I've seen, the cases made on oneself are barely alignment related and judging based of that will just revolve around player competency and experience. Also lynching someone for 'pre-emptively' pushing on the other person and such is also quite stupid, at that point both of them know that the other person is mafia from their point of view. That means that NU knows he has to get Nova lynched to win and Nova knows that he has to get NU lynched to win. This means their motivation and aim is the exact same and therefore non-alignment related.

Generally if you're stuck in a lylo situation and don't have a confident read on either player hunting for interactions with dead scum is one of the better ways to go. Disturbeds where he says both Novadragon and Declan are obvscum is a fairly strong point against Nova being mafia given that scum pushing hardcore on both partners is unlikely and suboptimal play, his is the same thing. Similarly the interaction from , , and point against a Nova and Distured partnership. Declans also points against Nova being scum. On the flip side Disturbeds only mention of Name was his initial rvs section suspicion of him in which he never really goes back to and Declans only mentions of Name User where to say that he has a minor scum read on him but never pushes or votes him. Name User says that he has a scum-read on Declan and that he's willing to vote him in then turns around and asks why Declan is scummy and says he's not seeing it from that post in . In he calls both Declan and Distured scummy but isn't voting either nor has he pushed either earlier. So interaction wise it's pretty damning against Name User.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:34 am

Post by havingfitz »

I thought town had this game won. Om...you sucked (no offense). Dead QT consensus was on NU. Fcuk.

Have you ever pulled that "Tell me why you're scum" crap before? I would suggest shelving that tactic and doing your own research. Ffs.

~Good job scum.

Thanks mod.

Bleh
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:43 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

Bleh, I'm taking blame for this loss. Aether just burned me out and I seriously lost any competence I had in this game. This is yet another reminder that I need to do my full playstyle overhaul as soon as I can.

Venmar
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Venmar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:59 am

Post by Venmar »

Really, at this point you really need to consider stalling and lurking in LyLo a scumtell. I have found that players who stall and avoid conversation and just generally lurk from the other two players, are actually scum. It has proven correct this game, and in some other games where in some I was part of the LyLo group. I am in the same boat as Regfan though, OmNom your strategies for trying to figuring out the scum in LyLo was pretty bad and when i read their responses I got nothing from it. This is the reason why NU killed me over you, because NU knew I would lynch him in a heartbeat since i suspected him for a long time, and because he knew you weren't play to your fullest (omnom).

Otherwise, i apologize for my shitty play in the early game, my reads were ALL wrong to the point even my town reads were wrong. I hope I improved with some correct reads in late game, and I would like to congratulate Techno for good modding, and both teams for trying their best. Not disappointed in the game, it's ok OmNom, we all know you tried.

I'll be taking a break from playing mafia as a player, hopefully i'll see you guys when I get around to playing again, or when you guys join one of my modded games :D

Peace.
I swear I'm trying my best

--Expect me to be V/LA from 10am-7pm PST every Mon, Wed, Thurs, Sat, Sun due to work--
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:09 am

Post by Om of the Nom »

I was so close to replacing out for the majority of the game, the reason I stayed in the game till the end was because Techno was running it.

Name User
Name User
Goon
Name User
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:41 am

Post by Name User »

NovaDragon
NovaDragon
Goon
NovaDragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 am

Post by NovaDragon »

Thanks Techno for the great game! Believe me Om, I too was tired... but I knew that Name User's lurking was going to get us nowhere, so that's why I went ahead and started off with an attack. I wouldn't call it preemptive, but rather
starting
. Actually, if I sounded nervous, it was because I really REALLY thought Aether was scum and I posted while my emotions were running. And I guess I was hoping you'd vote sooner so you would just go with your gut instinct, which is why I suggested doing your own research... Again, the lurking is what did it.

Om... not once did I truly suspect you. For some reason I just never thought you weren't town.

Fitz... Thanks for the technicality call. I thought I was a goner ^_^' And it definitely earned you instant town-status for me

I thought the "why would you be scum" question wasn't so bad... it did turn up nothing, but I could see why to try it.

Congratulations Name User and scumteam! Name User... I hate you SOOO much right now... lol

Angry Pidgeon... I wish I would have just voted Disturbed so your hider claim would have been good for later... but I needed to know! lol.

Aether... really bro?

Venmar, I was too proud to let your mislynch go unchallenged. It was the only reason I still had a scumread towards you, I guess I should take things less personally.

Mhork, director, and MattP... sorry I was basically absent day one. And I had actually intended to remove my vote on you director, I just didn't think D1 was going to end as quickly as it did.

All and all, there were some good plays, and some awful plays. I'm sure I had my share of awful posts. Somehow I tend to make myself a target early on... Frankly I did not mind it until I was suddenly lynched, I thought I'd get some kind of reads out of those who voted against me. Then the hammer distracted me from my initial plan... But it did give me something to go against for Disturbed, so it ended up working... I just wish Aether would have played better.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

The only really upsetting thing was the Aether speed lynch. He was so fucking town. I mean come on.
Lastsurvivor
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Lastsurvivor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:16 pm

Post by Lastsurvivor »

AP, hopefully you learned that the "claim who you're hiding behind" gambit only works once. And it never really works when you actually hide behind the person you hide behind.

Honestly I expected you to hide behind someone else (like NU) and get yourself killed. Then I'd get MLd.

Oh well. Goodgame everyone.

dead qt
Game(s) where I have in fact been the last survivor, or been among the last survivors: 1
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:25 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1090, Lastsurvivor wrote:AP, hopefully you learned that the "claim who you're hiding behind" gambit only works once. And it never really works when you actually hide behind the person you hide behind.

I thought about hiding behind Aether. I knew he was town and I didnt want him to be a possible distraction.

And I was pretty sure you were it at the time. And me dying for it didnt cost us a lynch since we were at evens.

But I shouldnt have thought of it that way. And ya. I should have targeted Aether.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:44 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

Aww... We lost... >.<

Ah well. I don't even remember how I played this game. I just remember Aether sucked...
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:59 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

I am never playing with Aether or letting him join one of my games ever again.
Seriously, with 3 hider claims all making me confirmed town regardless, attacking me it's just fucking stupidity at it's finest.

NovaDragon
NovaDragon
Goon
NovaDragon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:05 pm

Post by NovaDragon »

In post 1093, Om of the Nom wrote:I am never playing with Aether or letting him join one of my games ever again.
Seriously, with 3 hider claims all making me confirmed town regardless, attacking me it's just fucking stupidity at it's finest.

Exactly. I don't understand how he was town when he was playing so horribly...
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:02 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 1094, NovaDragon wrote:Exactly. I don't understand how he was town when he was playing so horribly...

Playing poorly is usually a towntell.
Lord Mhork
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Lord Mhork
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:56 pm

Post by Lord Mhork »

He got sitebanned, didn't he? Couldn't you guys have waited for a replacement?
Show
Seven Deadly Sins. Six thrilling chapters. One epic adventure.
Pathfinder: Rise of the Runelords
Chapter One: Burnt Offerings

~
Get to Know a Mhork
~
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 1095, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 1094, NovaDragon wrote:Exactly. I don't understand how he was town when he was playing so horribly...

Playing poorly is usually a towntell.

It wasn't playing poorly, it was playing like a distraction.
Plus poorly is just the nicer way of saying it.

TeChNoWC
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
TeChNoWC
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:13 am

Post by TeChNoWC »

Town played badly for most of this game. I think scum deserved this win.

Town MvP is hands down without a doubt AngryPidgeon. Almost managed to nail the scumteam, but Name User slipped through :P I could see the reasoning for his suspicion on Lastsurvivor, but I think there is a strong correlation between Last's play in the previous game to this one, which would suggest town. Plus Last's reaction to Declan's fakeclaim seemed like a pretty strong towntell to me.

Name User played a very good scumgame, but I would say
a) lurk less
b) you should have pummelled declan into the ground D3 for even more cred. Not posting AT ALL could have been a bad move.

Other than that you played quite well. I probably would have thought you were town :P. Scum MvP, though
1) I didn't find Disturbed One's play all that bad, I was surprised he got found so quickly and
2) I liked Declan's bold claim, even though it couldn't stand up against AP's transparent towniness (good ole AP)
3) I think Declan did some good stuff in the maf QT, from memory he steered the kills around and ensured the kill wasn't set to Mhork N1 (that would have been a bit of a waste, lol)

Om, why didn't you carry on with your reasoning that Nova was town because of his reaction to the hammer? It's a great towntell and you usually stick to it.

I think this game also shows why vigs should never kill unclaimed targets. It can end in absolute disaster. Two PRs dead N1 is hard to recover from. The fact that town lost MattP N1 is also a kick in the guts - its usually best to have PRs as moderately good or weak players (who are at least good at following town leader), so that claims eliminate easy mislynches and town doesn't lose out as much from PR nightdeaths.
NEXT TIME TOWN, HAVE A NO LYNCH D1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cant emphasize this enough. This setup is easily abusable. Hider claims D1, Tracker/Vig picks Tracker and tracks the Hider (I have to credit BK-201 here for this brilliant game breaker in Open 402 - even if it was mine and Venmar's boss detective skills and andrew's sneaky bullshit that nailed the win). The only problem is if Maf hit tracker N1, which is like a 1/8 chance, and a quarter chance of PR death. If maf hits tracker and hider hits maf, you have two PRs dead N1 with no leads - but this is an unlikely scenario. More often than not, you end up with another conftown D2 and Hider still alive. If not, you have autofound a mafia, and likely (if the Hider picks targets he thinks are town) the hardest maf to lynch, basically chopping off the cobra's head quicker than you can say boo. Pushing Matt to claim was terribad. He was forced to pick Vig and take a stab in the dark, and someone should have stopped that shit before it got out of control.

All in all, a fun game to mod. Oh, and if anyone pulls that Lance shit on me again, I'll cook your balls and feed them to you. Soooo frustrating. Thanks everyone else for playing appropriately! And thanks to AP, Venmar and havingfitz for replacing in (did I miss someone?)
Om of the Nom
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Om of the Nom
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Om of the Nom »

In post 1098, TeChNoWC wrote:Om, why didn't you carry on with your reasoning that Nova was town because of his reaction to the hammer? It's a great towntell and you usually stick to it.

Why don't you try dealing with Aether for almost the whole game and then making the correct choice in LYLO :P

Return to “Completed Open Games”