Harry Potter: Oh the horror!! Game Over!!

mathcam
mathcam
Captain Observant
mathcam
Captain Observant
Captain Observant

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 4:29 am

Post by mathcam »

Actually, in games where I live past the first night, and live a surprisingly long time (surprsing to me at least). Maybe mafia count on doc-protect. But in any case, yes. This isn't always true, but I like to think about the possibility that I'll end up in the endgame and try to decide how my performance at the beginning of the game can affect it. If I die before, then oh well, it's not like I've lost anything.

But my comment here about revealing didn't apply only to the endgame. I thought about revealing just so that
I
was the first to reveal that I was Aragog. If an investigator came out and said "Oh, by the way, mathcam's a big humongous spider," my role-claiming sure isn't going to work as a defense. Again, the only reason I didn't claim immediately because I was worried of some behind-the-scenes parts of my role that I didn't know about.
Ok, so you might be a viscous killer but you just don't know it? Come on 'Cam. You can do better than that.
Not that I really expect you to buy this, but yes, if I were scum, I
could
come up with a defense much more concrete than that one. As townie, I have no more to go on that speculations of my own and the other players. But in any case, if I were scum, why would I want to support that theory? It only encourages people to lynch me, which for all I know, is the right play for the town despite the fact that I
am
pro-town.

Which night kills did you suspect were me, Shady? The BlueSin kill? (Torn apart and spread all over the school)? I suppose that could be me, but it could also be Lupin, right? In fact, that seems incredibly likely to me...what with Neville being a role-blocker and all.

Maybe the die is cast and I'm going to be lynched, but I feel like we're still in the midst of discussing this. Maybe some unvotes are in order? Oh wait, is that the lynching vote? If so, bollocks. I just hope I
was
a secret mass-mudering serial killer.

Cam
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue May 04, 2004 1:09 pm

Post by Phoebus »

"Eek! Let's go after the dirty great spider"
And thus, they went after the spider.
And then there was no spider.

mathcam, Aragog, has been chased away by a mob from his comfy new hiding place, back to the Forest from whence he came

It is night 7. Please send in choices by
2230 BST Friday, the 7th of May.
Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Thu May 06, 2004 12:45 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Day will dawn a few hours later than deadline since I will be unable to be at a PC at 2230 so, expect it to dawn at around 0000 on the 8th.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 1:31 pm

Post by Phoebus »

ZONEACE was bustling about the hospital wing, preparing for the night's revival. He got the Mandrake Draught and administered it to the prone figure.

As mikehart awoke (think of it as one of those soap operas where actors change mid season), he blinked - having been asleep for so long...everything was rather fuzzy. Suddenly, there was a blinding green light and as he opened his eyes a couple of minutes later, he saw ZONEACE spread eagled on the floor by his bed with his eyes still open wide with shock.

mikehart ran in search Dumbledore and arrived at the stone gargoyle to find him lying there, convulated in pain. Upon inquiry, Dumbledore mentioned that he'd suddenly fancied a jig as he came down his office stairs but had caught his foot in his beard (it needed a trim) and fallen down. Old as he was, his body could not bear the brunt of this fall and many of Dumbledore's bones were broken. He'll be in St. Mungo's for a while now. In their concern, nobody quite heard him mumble something about an incantation he'd heard but even if someone did, they probably put it down to age.

mikehart (replacing mlaker) has been revived by ZONEACE (Poppy Pomfrey) who has been targetted with the Killing Curse.

Albus Dumbledore (Fletcher) is recuperating in St. Mungo's and it will be a while before he can come back! (hint: never!)

6 people are alive and well, 4 votes make someone not so well.
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 1:32 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Am currently in the process of sending mike his PM. So please bear with him till he manages to pick it up and catch up.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 3:24 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

yay, mike.

as for the rest... *sigh* :(

At least we got Fletcher's results before his end. Now Pomfrey is gone, though so no one will be going to the infirmary.

Where shall we begin today.
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Fri May 07, 2004 6:10 pm

Post by Tam »

Phoebus wrote:
mathcam, Aragog, has been chased away by a mob from his comfy new hiding place, back to the Forest from whence he came
Pout. I am so lost in this game with death tags/scenes. It's so much easier for me to play when I can look back and see who voted scum/innocents, but on these half of them are still iffy.

Anyhow, FD- I suppose that the two of us are the only really confirmed people left. So we will have to be the most careful in watching for people trying to sway us, or even just be extra careful with our votes. If there's two left, all they have to do is get both of us on the same innocent vote, then they can force a lynch. :?
Tam
[url=http://maddox.xmission.com/tictacs.html]Bush or Tictacs?[/url]
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 7:38 am

Post by Flying Dutchman »

I agree, and I think this is the tiime for a mass claim. Anybody has any thoughts about that?
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat May 08, 2004 5:48 pm

Post by Tam »

Go for it. And I say, the slower people are to claim, the closer we should look at them. :)

*gets her pen ready*
Tam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2004 3:03 am

Post by shadyforce »

I see no problem with that.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Phoebus
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Phoebus
Hall Monitor
Hall Monitor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sun May 09, 2004 12:23 pm

Post by Phoebus »

Seem to be an echo around scum but still...

Just in case anyone needs to know. I fly to New York on the 11th and Brazil on the 12th.
Will probably be the 14th before I can post anywhere after about 1200 BST tomorrow.
Tam
Tam
Goon
Tam
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 2:24 am

Post by Tam »

Right. So...

I'm Filch....

Anyone else care to enlighten us?

(I'd like to go ahead and thank those of you who are good guys for waiting DAYS before claiming so that we now have no clue who sat around all weekend making up roleclaims.) :?
Tam
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 2:56 am

Post by shadyforce »

Hermione. Appropriate yet not incredibly useful power, which is easy to confirm. Hasn't been used yet, naturally.
[size=75][color=darkblue]I'm never wrong... well I was wrong once but that was when I thought I'd made a mistake but hadn't.[/color][/size]
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 3:10 am

shadyforce wrote:Appropriate yet not incredibly useful power, which is easy to confirm. Hasn't been used yet, naturally.
Enlighten us........
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 8:39 am

Post by shadyforce »

Well, I can 'buy' a vote off someone by doing their homework, or turning in a well made homework assignment or something like that. I reckon it'll be handy in the end-game against scum, if there's anyone super-suspicious. It could even save us if we end up in a situation with more or equal scum to townies.

I haven't used it yet because I was in a coma for a while, and I didn't use it last night because I don't want to interfere with regular town majority. I can only assume there is 1 or at most 2 scum left, and we have plenty of pro-town players to form a majority. That was until there were 2 kills last night. I didn't expect that.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 9:45 am

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Ah, so we've decided on mass claim (haven't really been home over the weekend).

I'm Harry Potter. Basically, I can use my invisibility cloak to follow someone. However, I was also given the ability to give up my investigation to attempt to kill a Dementor. I got lucky, I followed my suspicions on MGIA and attempted the Patronum spell to kill him on night 4. Seeing as he was indeed a dementor, he was killed. This spell would do no harm to anyone that is not a Dementor- but it does mean I give up my investigative ability for that night.

-DS
Ever wonder why that edit button is obnoxiously placed in the center like that? Yeah, that's cause of me.. and trust me, it's better off there.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 2:53 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Next??? Or is that it?
mikehart
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
mikehart
Dourgrim Jr.
Dourgrim Jr.

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 2:55 pm

Post by mikehart »

im Alabastor Moody. I am immune to night kills and learn the identity of my attacker. i can be lynched however. thats it.
V/LA every weekend for awhile.

I officially owe Maruchan.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 3:29 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Well well well. Care to explain which of you is the REAL moody??? You or FD? Because FD claimed that as well.
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 3:31 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

That should be moony shouldn't it!????
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
Dragon Slayer
It was THIS big!
It was THIS big!

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 4:15 pm

Post by Dragon Slayer »

Eh, sounds like a crap claim to me.
Vote mikehart
. I'd still like to hear again/first time about FD's character abilities.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 7:47 pm

Without wolvesbane I change into a werewolf each night, and additionally I had an investigation ability: I could search for Peter Pettigrew each night, but if I found him my identity would be revealed too to all players. I could only do that, however, if I got my wolvesbane.

Snape knew this, and did give me wolvesbane 2 times. With some bluffing from both of us, mafia didn't dare to target me, and I could search for scum. Since Peter was lynched anyway on day 3 my investigation was useless, so Snape didn't give me wolvesbane again.

So we have:
Flying Dutchman - moony - will kill persons who target him at night, so practically immune to nightkills.
Dragon Slayer - Harry Potter - Cop/Vig
Mikehart - Moody - night kill immunity
Shadyforce - Hermione - vote buying
Tam - Filch - Townie now (?)
Thoth - ??

I want Thoth to claim, before we do anything.
Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Mon May 10, 2004 10:51 pm

Post by Thoth »

Some very interesting developments.
I'll start with claiming before giving my opinion about them.

I'm Minerva McGonagall. At night I can change into a cat and wander through the Gryffindor building. Phoebus gives me back some info about people coming and going, but it's all a bit vague as it does not tell me whether they are good or bad. It does clear DS to me as the only night I've seen him was Night 4.

I'm starting to doubt FD a bit now. He now uses a different name for his claim, although that may be an honest mistake it would be a strange one to make. Next to that someone that's almost certainly innocent claims the same ability and Fletcher investigated him without dying. In favour of him speak the confirmation by Werebear and his early unforced claim. Next to that Fletcher found him innocent and BlueSin died because he targeted him.
I'm not really sure about this. Three very strong arguments that speak against him and four very strong arguments that speak for him.

My thoughts about the remaining players:
I think either mikehart or FD has to be scum. They claim the same ability and it's one of which I would not expect there to be 2 of.
We had 2 Night kills for the last two nights (not counting BlueSin's death). As I don't think(or more hope) we have 3 scum left this would indicate that mikehart and shadyforce are innocent.
From the claims and all the evidence from Werebear and Nightscene's I would think FD is innocent. Problem is that mikehart could not be responsible for one of the death's on the previous night. Also from the death scene it's clear that he was not responsible for one of this night's deaths.

From the other players I think DS is innocent. He claimed Harry Potter which in itself is enough already. Next to that his claimed actions fit my Night results.
Shadyforce claimed Hermione which in itself should be enough as well. It's unclear whether he would get a Night action in the Night that he was revived (I cannot deduct it from the scene) so I don't know whether he could have been responsible for one of the death's that Night. In any event I would not think Hermione is scum and his ability really seems to fit the character.
This almost by default leaves Tam. If not both FD and mikehart are scum I think she very likely has to be. I just cannot imagine Harry or Hermione to be scum. I just have this nagging feeling that she's innocent though.

I think our best plan is to lynch either mikehart or FD. I think we should go with FD. I could imagine Phoebus building the roles this way to strengthen a SK to give him a fair chance. Mikehart was stoned during the last 2 nights so he just could not have made one of the kills.
vote:FD
shadyforce
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
shadyforce
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E
U-S-E_T-H-E_F-O-R-C-E

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2004 1:39 am

Post by shadyforce »

shady:
??? (PETRIFIED N1 by Basilisk, later revived.)
*Basilisk/Voldy's group*

Mlaker:
??? (PETRIFIED N2 by Basilisk, later revived)
*Basilisk/Voldy's group*

-----------------------------
willows_weep:
Basilisk, evil killer (DEAD N2 by shadowy figure with golden hen)
*Shadowy figure*

Morpheus:
Ron Weasley, eavesdropper. (DEAD D2 by mob justice)
*Lynched*

modargo:
George Weasley, mason tracker (DEAD N3 by Avada Kedavra curse from cloaked guy)
*Voldy's group*

Dasquin:
Peter Pettigrew, scum of some description. (DEAD D3 by mob justice)
*Lynched*

Macros:
Boggart, Role-blocker/investigator (DEAD N4 killed by shadowy figure)
*Shadowy figure*

God:
Proffessor Sprout, revives petrified people (DEAD N4 by Crucio curse)
*Voldy's group*

MGIA:
Dementor, (evil?) role-blocker (DEAD N4, by Silver Stag Petronas)
*Harry*

Bloojay:
Hagrid, Simultanious protector/role-blocker (DEAD D4 by mob justice)
*Lynched*

Stewie:
Fred Weasley, mason tracker (DEAD N5 by Avada Kedavra curse)
*Voldy's group*

Werebear:
Severus Snape, potion brewer (DEAD N5 in a duel)
*???*
*Possibly Shadowy figure*

d8p (DP):
Voldemort, killer [possibly alone] (DEAD D5 by an angry mob)
*Lynched*

BananaBob:
Mrs. Norris, Mason Investigator [gets results] (DEAD N6 by Avada Kedavra curse)
*Voldy's group*

Coolbot:
Cornelius Fudge, receives messages from Dumbledore (DEAD N6 from laughing?)
*???*
*Possibly Voldy's group*

BlueSin:
Neville, Role-Blocker (DEAD N6 torn apart)
*???*
*Possibly large fearsome creature*

Mathcam:
Aragog, enormous spider. (DEAD D6 by an angry mob)
*Lynched*

ZONEACE:
Madam Pomfrey, Doc (DEAD N7 by unforgivable curse)
*Voldy's group*

Fletcher:
Dumbledore, cop and sends info to Fudge [CoolBot] (DEAD N7 from dancing?)
*???*

Mlaker/Mikehart:
Moody, self protect and identify atacker
Flying Dutchman:
Remus Lupin/Moody, werewolf, night immunity or search for Pettigrew
Tam:
Filch, Mason investigator [sends choices]
Dragon Slayer:
Harry, cop/vig
Thoth:
McGonagle, gets random night info
shady:
Hermione, vote buyer
I agree with a lot of what you are saying thoth.

I too find Mikehart's claim mega suspicious, but the fact that he isn't responsible for any of last night's kills means he really can't be scum, unless we have 3 scum.

About FD: He initialy claimed Lupin, which fits in with the werewolf part, but then claims Moody, which is contradicted by Mikehart, and then he claims he is a cop looking for Scabbers(Pettigrew) but this fits with neither Lupin nor Moody. If you were on a desperate search for scabbers, and risked getting revealed if/when you found him, then that would indicate one Sirius Black, but he hasn't claimed that, nor has anyone in the game. I'm surprisd actually, since it seems like a character that could be in the game, and/or would be a good claim for scum.

I still mentian my earlier *hunch* that Filch and Mrs. Norris -may- be part of an evil group, possibly including Umbridge and/or Fudge, but that is still only a suspicion. I think we need to look for out (hopefuly) last member of the Voldy group.

Thoth: Could you reveal everything you do know from your information gathering? It could come in useful.

I'll plant a
FOS on FD
as well, but no more than that until I hear again from the people in question.
Flying Dutchman
Flying Dutchman
I never think
Flying Dutchman
I never think
I never think

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue May 11, 2004 4:00 am

shadyforce wrote:About FD: He initialy claimed Lupin, which fits in with the werewolf part, but then claims Moody, which is contradicted by Mikehart, and then he claims he is a cop looking for Scabbers(Pettigrew) but this fits with neither Lupin nor Moody. If you were on a desperate search for scabbers, and risked getting revealed if/when you found him, then that would indicate one Sirius Black, but he hasn't claimed that, nor has anyone in the game. I'm surprisd actually, since it seems like a character that could be in the game, and/or would be a good claim for scum.
I'm Lupin, moony=lupin, I was at school during my last post, couldn't remember and was too lazy to look up my real role name, as moony is his nick anyway........

AFAIK I never even *mentioned* "Moody", where's this all about?!

I've claimed day 1, and I think we both agree I wouldn't claimed such an important role if I was scum. I'm confirmed by Snape, who's dead now, and by someone targeting me at night. I don't know what else you could possibly want.................

In the books, Lupin and Pettigrew are about the biggest enemies possible, and it seemed like a logic enough ability to me.

And *I* should be the mysterious killer!? Come on, we've all seen how I kill:

BlueSin: Neville, Role-Blocker (DEAD N6 torn apart) *???* *Possibly large fearsome creature

This was ME! I claimed the kill first thing in the morning, and I don't know what this is all about, as both other groups killed anyway..........

You're telling me I took a HUGE gamble during day 1 by claiming, being anti-town, but confirmable by Snape, Killing everybody who targets me at night by biting, AND still killing someone with spells on the same night!? Come on!

OMGWAUQM (O My God Why Are You Questioning Me) FOS: Shady and Thoth

Vote: Mikehart
, as his role seems the unlikeliest to me.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”