Mini 1570: North Sea Winter's Bite - Game Over!

Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Sharpest-knife-on-tree »

In post 1073, Antihero wrote:my argument was that he bussed penguin

he thought my argument was that he was bussing you. (...how that disconnect arose, i'm not sure)
the fact that you said it was me and him with your 1st vote on me. Then he said you must think he is heavy "bussing"
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:53 pm

Post by Antihero »

i regularly unbookmark things i need a cooldown period in.

i sometimes unbookmark stuff that i don't mean to.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:59 pm

In post 1076, Antihero wrote:i regularly unbookmark things i need a cooldown period in.

i sometimes unbookmark stuff that i don't mean to.
okay- gotcha...
helps me to understand.

I took a look at Jake again because while he called himself off, I still like his feedback. I was interested in seeing what he said about HITD who he knows. He did have suspicions but I noted that the normally finds HITD very scummy.

I also note that he thought that one of victor/implosion was scum in that fight. A lot of times I find those tit for tats have been town on town but I was leaning scum on Victor as got things the wrong way on the differences. Jake pointing to one of them as potential scum is interesting. Then again he protected P_A so not sure if that is going to help me here.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Post by Melmond »

If we are to mass claim, froot - antihero - imp - epm.
Well, at least I shall die as I have lived. Completely surrounded by morons.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:54 pm

Post by Melmond »

SKOT already claimed...
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:23 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1067, Antihero wrote:my read on implosion hinged on me reading him as a cop/investigative.
Called it.

Also I already claimed.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by implosion »

I feel a bit more strongly about it being froot-epm. But even that's moderately shaky. My gut is starting to tell me that there's a good chance SKOT is one of those cases where I'm just missing something others see. But I still really feel like he'll flip town.

I'm really not as confident in anything as i want to be at this point.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:06 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

In post 1051, Melmond wrote: What do you all think of p_a's not wanting SKOT lynched? (this is addressed mainly to imp, antihero and froot)
At the moment, it's not enough to say either way - could be that SKOT is town or scum. I need to look at SKOT again but there's a lot of material so it'll probably be tomorrow.

I'm tentatively putting implosion as town for now which basically means I don't want to lynch him today.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:06 am

Post by Froot Loop »

In post 864, Antihero wrote:i say 'nay' to a victor lynch. however, i'm cool with a penguin lynch

VOTE: penguin_alien

the parrying of criticism for the first mislynch and the vague criticisms of the SKOT wagon are both scummy.

EPM seems meh. his level of engagement is is pretty disconcerting (pot,kettle,yeahiknow). i'd be OK with lynching this too.
antihero said that he wanted to lynch penguin and was one of the first to vote. At the time, there was the option of victor and anti even took a bit of heat for voting for penguin. I don't think scum would do this.

I want to ISO evilpacman next but I'm fairly convinced that antihero and implosion are town. I hope I'll be able to find something actively scummy in the remaining two.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Froot Loop »

Sorry and I'm vanilla...keep on forgetting to claim :facepalm:
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:56 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Froot so you have me and SKOT scum by PoE but we're pretty obviously not scum buddies, or do you disagree?
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Melmond »

Could everyone post the two people who they think are most scummy? For me it's antihero and SKOT.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:21 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

Melmond - do you think antihero would have voted for penguin as scum? I see that as quite conclusive, what do you think?
In post 1085, evilpacman18 wrote:Froot so you have me and SKOT scum by PoE but we're pretty obviously not scum buddies, or do you disagree?
I haven't thought about this yet but I will when I read through.
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:45 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 1087, Froot Loop wrote:Melmond - do you think antihero would have voted for penguin as scum? I see that as quite conclusive, what do you think?
Yes I do, I think it's likely that he bussed, but he's not the main reason I think it's likely he's scum. HITD looked more scummy. Antihero is also scummy, but mainly because of him not saying much of use in his posts.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 5:42 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

SKOT/implosion
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:58 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 1086, Melmond wrote:Could everyone post the two people who they think are most scummy? For me it's antihero and SKOT.
Froot could you answer this. (and the others, but froot ignored it)

We have 6 days left.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:10 pm

Post by Antihero »

VT here

just looked at penguin's ISO with fresh eyes and my best guess for the other two scumbags are froot loop and epm.

not sure what i was impressed by for froot loop, but in penguin's ISO, i see that froot loop is a pretty solid townread right up until it's obvious penguin is going up in mile high flames where she magically becomes a scumread.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:41 pm

Post by implosion »

My best guess right now is also froot-epm.
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:18 am

Post by Froot Loop »

In post 1090, Melmond wrote:
In post 1086, Melmond wrote:Could everyone post the two people who they think are most scummy? For me it's antihero and SKOT.
Froot could you answer this. (and the others, but froot ignored it)

We have 6 days left.
I didn't ignore it. I've said that I have found two things from implosion and antihero that make me think it's unlikely they're scum. I've also said that I need to ISO epm and SKOT to see if I can find something scummy. I thought it was pretty clear where I stand.

I think it's unlikely that antihero would've chosen that point to bus penguin - there was little pressure on penguin at the time and there was another viable option.

I hadn't thought about the relationship between epm and SKOT which I'll need to do if they're my two options.
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:40 am

Post by evilpacman18 »

Since implosion has claimed, I'm VT
Froot Loop
Froot Loop
Goon
Froot Loop
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Froot Loop »

Ok, I've read through EPM and SKOT. The relationship between the two of them didn't come into it a whole lot, there was nothing that definitive that made me think about that.

I'm happier with a SKOT lynch. The strongest reason is his vote for penguin is at a point when the lynch seemed more likely than not.
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:33 pm

I am going to take another look at things in the morning.

EMP, please do something to convince you are town if town and anyone pointing at me please answer me this-
what is the scum value in my game play? Where is the evasion and elimination mindset... TIA
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 7:35 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 4.02

Not Voting: Sharpest-knife-on-tree, Froot Loop, Antihero, Melmond, implosion, evilpacman18

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: July 1, Midnight US Eastern Time.
Countdown: (expired on 2014-07-01 22:00:00)

Mod Notes:
Last edited by fferyllt on Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Melmond
Melmond
Goon
Melmond
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:28 pm

Post by Melmond »

In post 1096, Sharpest-knife-on-tree wrote:EMP, please do something to convince you are town if town and anyone pointing at me please answer me this-
what is the scum value in my game play? Where is the evasion and elimination mindset
This is another thing I find scummy about you, talking about what scum would do. You've made more posts than anyone and most of it looks like trying to make yourself seem townie. I think you are just trying to survive, which I think is more valuable to scum than eliminating. Elimination happens eventually anyway through mislynches. You're a lot of talk, but I haven't seen much else.

Evasion as it has been proved by Dunham could also easily be a PR.
You have voted for:
EPM: who called you out
Dunham: PR
Victor: PR
Mel: PR
Insanity: D1 town lynch
EPM: Who I'm pretty sure you saw as a threat at this point.
P_A: Who was scum, but you said hardly anything about it and it was a usual bussing position.
victor lynch - PR, I imagine scum wouldn't want a tracker and a doctor alive the night before lylo, could also mean imp-scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Sharpest-knife-on-tree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:47 am

Thanks Melmond for sharing your thoughts. Yes, I have tried to convince you of my role and you interpret it as "trying to seem" scummy. I can only play how I play and be who I am. This unfortunately will result in town losing and losing today if I cannot do what I can to convince you and the rest of town of error. I am not very good at such persuasion.

You call out my voting record and yes, on surface is lousy. I wish I had knowledge that would have enable me to appear better, but alas I am simply town. Yes, I agree PR add in evasion to their arsenal. As such, I can tend to pick out "RPs" good or bad vs just scum. This has been consistent with me but you have no knowledge of same. The dunham vote was simply cultural difference. Victor I thoughts was scum as he played different that a concurrent game and I wrongly viewed town in that game. I had the differences in play right but read the wrong way. Sadly, I thought his claim was a bit suspect and got hung up on the potential of role distribution. As to you, I voted you and then backed off. The vote on you was sheeping Jake's view at the time as I know he gets good reads. However, when looking at it I changed my mind, correct? Insanity vote, I got stuck on the Burke segment and that is a typical day one result. You can continue to look at what I do and how I react as scummy. You have demonstrated that other people have given you reason to react to me the way you do. I will be confirmed when flip and when town loses but at least I am making every effort to everythign I know to prevent the error. Now you may ask if I know the way I play can cause town loss and put in bad position at the end game, why do I do and play the way I do. I do not know how to be different then how I am. Just a fact. Now I wish I could make an arguement about you are EPM being gone if I was part of scum team, but I cannot make that argument given the way things went down.

EPM to me does seem like the scum EPM I have encountered before. Maybe that is confirmation bias on my end adn the scum are really implosion and froot loop. I don't know.
I need to take a bit more to sort that out. Busy day at work today, so will get to it for sure tonight.
Maybe he is just a confirmation bias town like your self, Mel, but i do not think so.
I have changed my mind on Antihero, which I pointed you in that direction even. Let me ask you this, Mel. If you are so convinced I am scum, you think I come out hard bussing Antihero here?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”