Balrog
Balrog
Goon
Balrog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:40 am

Post by Balrog »

So, let me see if I can remember what I said earlier.

Obviously the game was overly town-sided. That's a given. If you revise the setup, Q, consider a mass 1-Shot Backfire that can be used in addition to the NK.

As I said, I was disappointed that this game came down to "let's see who can confirm themselves with their wishes". Though I guess it's for the best since almost the entire town's play was so awful that every single one of my scum reads was wrong.

Sanjay, you were wonderful and maybe we'll play together again someday - that would be cool.

I disliked that the town didn't know what would happen if their wishes backfired. While I agree that the scum needed an extra leg to stand on, depriving the town of information that should be given to them is definitely not the way to go about it. Also, Q, if you want me to run some more game-breaking scenarios by you when you revise the setup so you can make "Da Rulez" more cohesive to the setup initially without having to retroactively change everything, let me know.

I liked the premise of the setup but knew it would ultimately be a town victory simply because of how overpowered we were. Consider dropping the town down to 1 wish each, as well.

I think that's everything. If anyone has any questions, let me know.
Balrog
Balrog
Goon
Balrog
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:44 am

Post by Balrog »

Oh right, I'm still disappointed I couldn't be a Cult Leader who recruited SKs. That would have been the best role.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 8:48 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Yeah town!

I liked the whole wish mechanic, but it does really screw over scum.

I was going for Self-Watching, 1-shot Deathproof Masonizer, but maybe I should think bigger next time.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:25 am

Post by Sanjay »

Peregrine, I'm sorry my reads were so bad this game. I really didn't want to mislynch day 1 and deprive anyone of wishes, and I messed up big time.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:10 pm

Post by Benmage »

One of the hardest parts of mafia that I continue to struggle with, is taking the tunnel blinders off. I probably had 2 pages in word of my case to lynch PV.... and the deeper I got, the more I realized I was committing conf-bias...
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
MrZepher
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
MrZepher
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:29 pm

Post by MrZepher »

Maybe consider giving scum a JOAT like role aimed specifically at countering wishes.

1-shot wishproof - cancels the use of a wish muffin. This way you block out a wish without depriving somebody of making a wish.
1-shot bonus backfire
1-shot wish copy machine - steals the effect of a wish
or something like that....
Sanjay
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Sanjay
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:34 am

Post by Sanjay »

I think to a certain extent, restrictions on wishes make the wishes more fun. This game, if I was wholeheartedly playing to win, I never could have wished for some of the cool stuff I did, just because there would certainly be other options that would be more backbreaking for the mafia. The more of those options that are cut off, the more you either feel empowered to just wish for whatever or feel awesome for breaking the game.

I'd strongly consider a no killing clause. I'd also consider a restriction that wishes cannot investigate. You simply can't have that many investigations without it just being a game of dethy with all sane cops. My role to be weak was probably unfair in this way too. Maybe the restriction could be that wishes cannot be conditional based on an unknown alignment.

A reason I bring up these restrictions is that while I thought the "no collusion" wish restriction was necessary, it's also one that would be nice to be removed.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Post by Equinox »

Mine?