Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:41 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Lucky isn't a Malfoy.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:42 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Vote: Amrun
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:45 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Damn... I was hoping I'd be dead so I wouldn't have to make this decision...

Remind me why it's Amrun?
The bunny knight reigns supreme!
Get to know me! Here! and now Here too!
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:51 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Because our slots are both pretty much confirmed town and Amrun's is not.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:56 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Scum power so far has been a pseudo strongman, a scum JOAT, and ???. It is likely that this power is not that strong, considering scum JOAT and psuedo-strongman are strong as fuck. I was confirmed by Jason's voyeur to be targetting penguin alien with an investigative role, and confirmed by Rach to be going nowhere N2 and targetting penguin alien N3. Thus, if I am scum, I need to be either a tracker or a rolecop, but that doesn't make sense because all of the scum power roles have likely been revealed.

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:16 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Well all Jason confirmed was that P_A was investigated, not necessarily by you but I see what you mean.

I want atleast one post by Amrun in case she has something I should know before I quick hammer.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:38 am

Post by Lucky2u »

I'll add that I am impatiant and if she doesn't post by the end of the weekend, I'll hammer just because.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:29 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctUvNaNE6Y8

My girlfriend says this sounds like elevator music, I tend to agree.

Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:01 am

Post by Lucky2u »

VOTE: Amrun

screw it
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:57 am

Post by Nexus »

Votecount 6.1:

Amrun (2-LYNCH):
Nachomamma8, Lucky2u

Not voting (1):
Amrun

Amrun - Draco Malfoy - Hogwarts-aligned Townie - Lynched Day 6
Lucky2u - Argus Filch - Hogwarts-aligned JOAT - Endgamed.

Congratulations to Nachomamma8 (Lucius Malfoy - Mafia Lyncher/Weasley Cop), fferyllt (Basilisk - Mafia Goon) and StubbsKVM (Riddle's Diary - Mafia JOAT). You have won.

Gonna post Role PMs now. Feel free to chat.
Trans rights are human rights.
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:59 am

Post by Nexus »

Mafia

Nexus wrote:fferyllt, you are a
Basilisk,
and you are aligned with the
Mafia.
Your partner is StubbsKVM
(Riddle's Diary),
and you may communicate in this Quicktopic. You know that there is also
Lucius Malfoy
in this game, and he is aligned with you, however for now you are unable to communicate.

You are the monster within the Chamber of Secrets, and you are controlled by whoever is in contact with Riddle's Diary.

Abilities:

Petrify -
Whilst you are alive, you must perform the Mafia kill. Each Night, you should PM me the name of the person you wish to kill, and, as long as nothing stops it, that person will successfully be removed from the game. Your kill flavour is 'Petrified.'

Vote -
During the Day, you must pretend to be aligned with the town. As such, you get a vote to try and lynch someone. Use it well.

You win when your faction outnumbers the Town, and nothing can prevent this from happening.

You know that Mrs. Norris is not in the game, and at any point you may PM me with a role that you wish to get a fakeclaim for.

The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM with your character name to show me you're ready to play.
Nexus wrote:StubbsKVM, you are Riddle's Diary, and you are aligned with the
Mafia.
Your partner is fferyllt
(the Basilisk),
and you may communicate at anytime in this Quicktopic. You know that there is also
Lucius Malfoy
in this game, and he is aligned with you, however for now you are unable to communicate.

You are the horcrux for Lord Voldemort (not that anyone knows you're a horcrux!), and as such you are determined to screw Hogwarts over as much as possible.

Abilities:

JOAT -
Once per Night, you may choose to use one of the following abilities, once:

-Roleblock - you PM me the name of a person to roleblock. If you are successful they will be unable to perform any actions that Night.
-Rolecop - you PM me the name of a person to rolecop. If you are successful, you will be PMed their role.
-Redirector - you PM me two names of people to redirect. If you are successful, any actions which target the first person will instead target the second person.

Vote -
During the Day, you must pretend to be aligned with the town. As such, you get a vote to try and lynch someone. Use it well.

You win when your faction outnumbers the Town, and nothing can prevent this from happening.

You know that Colin Creevey is not in the game, and at any point you may PM me with a role that you wish to get a fakeclaim for.

The game thread is here. Please confirm via PM with your character name to show me you're ready to play.
Nexus wrote:Syryana, you are
Lucius Malfoy,
and you are aligned with the
Mafia.
You know that your partners are StubbsKVM
(Riddle's Diary)
and fferyllt
(the Basilisk),
however you are unable to communicate with them unless you complete your additional condition.

You hate the Weasley family, and as a result you want to make them look as bad as ever.

Abilities:

Weasley Cop:
Once per Night, you can PM me the name of someone to investigate. You will find out whether or not they are a 'Weasley.'

Lyncher:
In order to join the Mafia, you must ensure that a Weasley is lynched. The Night after a Weasley is lynched, you will be given the Mafia Quicktopic. Even if you cannot communicate with the Mafia, you will win with them in Endgame. If you do not get a Weasley lynched, and you are the last person alive, you will not get a mafia kill - your kill is only accessed when you have access to the Quicktopic.

Vote -

You know that Dobby is not in the game, and at any point you may PM me with a role that you wish to get a fakeclaim for.

Town:

Nexus wrote:LnGrrrR, you are
Nearly Headless Nick,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned one-use Doctor.

You are loyal to the Gryffindor House and Hogwarts, and you want to make sure that any threats are removed.

Abilities:

1-use Protect:
The Basilisk is loose, and if someone catches its gaze, then they immediately die. If you manage to successfully protect someone from a Basilisk kill, then you lose your protect, and they become treestumped. You will be informed when this is successful, and you can continue to protect until you are successful. If the Basilisk dies before you successfully protects from its kill, then you function as a regular 1-use Doctor.

Vote:
During the Day, you are trying to root out those who are threatening Hogwarts. You can use your vote to try and lynch someone.

You win when all threats to Hogwarts are eliminated.

Nexus wrote:RachMarie, you are
Aragog,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned Tracker.

You are loyal to Hagrid, and as such have a hatred of the Basilisk and want to protect Hogwarts.

Abilities:

Track:
During the Night, you can send your spiderlings to track someone. You PM me their name, and you'll be told who, if anybody, that person targetted that Night.

Vote:
During the Day, you are trying to root out those who are threatening Hogwarts. You can use your vote to try and lynch someone.

Nexus wrote:JasonWazza, you are
Argus Filch,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned JOAT.

You are loyal to Hogwarts, despite the fact that the pupils hate you.

Abilities:

JOAT:
Once per Night, you may use one of these abilities. You can only use each one once:
-Follower - That Night you can PM me the name of a player, and you will be informed as to what kind of ability they took that Night, as long as nothing prevents you from finding out. You don't find out who they targetted.
-Reporter - That Night you can PM me the name of a player, and you will find out whether or not they were at home that Night, as long as nothing prevents you from finding out.
-Voyeur - That Night you can PM me the name of a player, and you will be informed as to what kind of ability is done to them, but you won't find out who targetted them, as long as nothing prevents you from finding out.

Vote:

Nexus wrote:T S O, you are
Professor Lockhart,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned Fruit Vendor.

You are a Hogwarts teacher, and despite the fact you're pretty useless, you have the school's best interests in mind.

Abilities:

Vend:
Once per Night you must send me the name of a person you wish to give a piece of fruit to. This doesn't do anything, but you must do it.

Vote:

Nexus wrote:Amrun, you are
Draco Malfoy,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned Townie.

You may be a member of the Slytherin House, but you still want Hogwarts to be safe.

Abilities:

Vote:

Nexus wrote:Toomai, you are
Justin Finch-Fletchley,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned Townie.

You are Muggle-born and a member of the Hufflepuff House, and want to help eliminate any threats to Hogwarts.

Abilities:

Vote:

Nexus wrote:Squilly, you are
Ginny Weasley,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned Townie.

You are a member of the Gryffindor House, and want to help eliminate any threats to Hogwarts.

Abilities:

Vote:

Nexus wrote:oriole, you are
Penelope Clearwater,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned Townie.

You are a member of the Ravenclaw House, and want to help eliminate any threats to Hogwarts.

Abilities:

Vote:

Nexus wrote:penguin_alien, you are
Mr Weasley's Ford Anglia,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned Townie.

You are a sentient car living in the Hogwarts Grounds, and want to help eliminate any threats to Hogwarts.

Abilities:

Vote:

Nexus wrote:ChannelDelibird, you are
Fred Weasley,
and you are a
Hogwarts-aligned Townie.

You are a member of the Gryffindor House, and want to help eliminate any threats to Hogwarts.

Abilities:

Vote:

Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:10 am

Post by Nexus »

Dead Thread

Night 1 Actions:

LnGrrrR protects JasonWazza
RachMarie tracks LnGrrrR (Visits JW)
Syryana does not take an action (although does join the Mafia)
F16 gives CDB fruit (YEAH)
Stubbs roleblocks JasonWazza
JasonWazza takes no action
Fferyllt kills CDB (successful!)

N2:

JW follows PA (She was targetted by an investigation)
F16 gives Rach fruit (YEAH)
Rach tracks Nacho (he visits PA)
LnGrrrR protects JW (YUP)
fferyllt kills LnGrrrR (loldied)

N3

F16 gives JacobSavage fruit (yarh)
JW voyeurs PA (nothing)
Fferyllt kills F16 (YUP)
Rach tracks Nacho (again)

N4:

I've lost the rest of the stuff :( it's not too exciting though - Lucky2u reporters Amrun one Night, and Nacho cops fferyllt (lol).

Overall I didn't think this game went well, mainly due to the amount of replacements + apathy from players - D1 was a joke.

Pls stop trying to flavour break my games. It never works.
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:40 am

Post by Lucky2u »

Oh for the love of god...
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:17 am

Post by fferyllt »

Good work Nacho!

I am really surprised we won this game. Day 1, I thought it was going to be a town was going to have a romp.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:21 am

Post by fferyllt »

Thanks for the game Nexus! The character choices were awesome, especially the Ford Anglia!

Idic
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:23 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

Thanks for modding Nexus. Regardless of the number of replacements, I had a lot of fun playing this game. I absolutely loved the quotes on top of the votecounts - it brought back nostalgia about my first time reading HP&COS. I think I was 12 at that time (same age as Harry). I thought it was excellently modded. I also had a lot of fun playing with this playerlist. It really made a nice change that nobody in the game was ever antagonistic toward anyone else. I guess it is a part of mafia to be antagonizing but this was a refreshing change. I'd definitely jump at the chance to play again with most of the players in this game.

Town and scum both played well. Scum in particular dominated the game with higher activity levels later on in the game where as the town's activity level went down which was the only thing I didn't like from the town's end. I made most of my comments in the dead thread but I felt that Nacho and ffery played amazingly later on in the game and when people ultimately figured out that they were scum, it was too late to do anything about it (I was dead, Amrun was locked into being in a 1v1 with Nacho which would have scared the hell out of me). It would have been so fun to be scum in this game and share the scum QT with either of you.

Why did scum decide to clear Penguin and go for Amrun as a mislynch? I thought they were both strong players but Amrun was more obvtown. I never saw that strategy in the scum QT.

Personally, I thought scum were within Nacho, ffery, and Penguin for most of the game starting with my reads list on Day 3. I never got around to reading Penguin as town until the very end of Day 3 when I saw her unvote on Toomai and jump at Nacho. That eliminated them from being scum together and that's when things started to make sense. Given more time, I think we could have turned the tide but deadline was looming and it was too late to try and connect. I really think I wasted too much time reading Nacho's games and re-reading my completed games with him where I should have spent time was reading Penguin's games, understanding her playstyle and then clearing her. I also think I need to tone down on posting meta-analysis in thread because none of the town were interested at all.

An interesting strategy I incorporated into my playstyle was doing "reachouts." I saw that Nacho often does it as town and thought it would be a cool way to connect with other townies. I don't think it worked as well as it should have because Jason as good as ignored me but I'll try it again. I also tried to incorporate ffery's trajectories into my scumhunting repertoire. My town case on MSG was basically an attempt at that. I also think killing CDB on N1 played into a scum win as well. He played incredibly well and I wish I had more time discussing reads with him.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:35 am

Post by fferyllt »

F16, you and CDB both did a great job of organizing town and making life a lot more difficult for scum. On day 3, I really regretted lthat we hadn't killed you on N2, though potentially having you in the game as a tree stump would probably have sunk our chances completely.

PA was cleared by dint of Jason's investigation and my flip. It would have taken a huge error on the other town player's part for her to be lynched at lylo. And Amrun was less likely to have the time to sort Nacho.. Those were two factors that went into killing PA instead of Amrun. Rach's late tracker claim really threw a wrench into the works, as did Lucky's surprise final investigation. Those two events completely changed the scum gameplan.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:02 am

Post by fferyllt »

I should say "all but cleared"

Idic
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:04 am

Post by F-16_Fighting_Falcon »

That makes a lot of sense. I am guessing you never intended to survive throughout the game and pre-arranged your death with your buddy (like Dumbledore).
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:08 am

Post by fferyllt »

Earlier in the game, we hoped for success in a 5-2 lylo, but by PoE I was already all but confirmed scum by day 5. With lucky's investigation on night 4 it went solid.

Idic
Lucky2u
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Lucky2u
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:15 am

Post by Lucky2u »

In post 1144, fferyllt wrote:Earlier in the game, we hoped for success in a 5-2 lylo, but by PoE I was already all but confirmed scum by day 5. With lucky's investigation on night 4 it went solid.
Sadly that just put me in a LyLo situation that I don't think I can see myself NOT Voting Amrun...
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:51 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Yeesh town. F16 and I figured out Ffery and nacho were scum like d4 :)

Good game all!
LnGrrrR
LnGrrrR
Goon
LnGrrrR
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:57 am

Post by LnGrrrR »

Oh and I tried my best on D1 to shake CDB and Amrun off. I did everything I could apart from saying, "I AM A POWER ROLE" to no avail. Honestly, I find it best to back off a read like that and let them be "normal" for awhile and see if they make another scumslip, but everyone has different styles.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Post by RachMarie »

whoops it was the other way

N2 I followed Nacho and got nothing

N3 I followed Nacho and he went to PA but did not kill PA

uggh

I am so sorry peeps I should have realized that Nacho was scum :( But I was all hooked up on the fact he visited PA and did not kill PA

bah so fery did all the killin save for the last night :(
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by RachMarie »

I was trying to hold off claiming til LYLO actually :(

I was going to track fery but realized I would probably die anyways sigh once I claimed, since other than JOAT, I was the strongest town PR.

It ain't easy being big fat and hairy with 8 legs :P
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”