Shell Game (Day 4)

Large Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(14+ players)
. Signup Threads In Queue Forum
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 1144, Oblivion wrote: Like, can you assume perhaps that the person who knows exactly zero about who you are outside of a stuffed bear emoji and the 100 posts or so you've made this game perhaps isn't trying to read deeper into your personal life psyche and is speaking more about how you play a fucking online game?

Can it be afforded at least that much good will for fucks sakes?
does oblivion always act like a self absorbed narcissist who enjoys insulting strangers on the internet to get townread?

anyone play with it before?

^

if I said that about you how would YOU feel
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1145, morph the cat wrote: You're voting him. Apparently based on the miller thing. Is there more?
Well I think the timeline of events makes it sus unless i am misunderstanding how things went.
I think actiondan was saying CSF before the outing of neighborhood, miller doesn't make sense until dan found out that there is cops. He then went to "that doesn't make sense with the creativity of game, which is weird for him to say imo because that implies understanding the game setup in some deeper way or what cephrir would design. Both seem fishy to me.

I also just think actiondan is the least townie of that whole neighborhood.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:33 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 1097, Oblivion wrote:
In post 1094, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 1084, Oblivion wrote: You're not openly forthcoming. Your cards are held and it is trying to hack your brain and you're denying it. That is how it feels.
I am used to the average impression of me being that I am someone who dumps all thoughts into the thread. So this is certainly a novel take.

From my POV, it feels like you asked me a question that is functionally not answerable, and then view me as being stubborn by not answering. I think we have fundamentally different ways of thinking about other players, and that is just a barrier that exists that is independent to my willingness to share my thoughts.
Perhaps. May it attempt to explain one more time what it is looking for?
From what I gathered, you wanted me to write out my mental model on those players. But I don't generally think of players in particularly concrete ways, such that I can just whip out a solid description.

My mental models are amorphous, ephemeral, shifting. I take a gaseous mental model, and place it into a solid container of context, and only then does it start having a true shape.

If I were to try to nail down a more generic mental model, devoid of the containers, on any of the players, I would probably need a week per player, and I would likely have to back reading multiple games to get my bearings.

If you have specific questions, I am happy to try to answer, but if you leave it as open ended as you did, and it feels like you are asking for my Treatise de Fferyllt (or Cabd, or Pooky), it is not something that I am capable of producing for you.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:34 pm

like you keep pretending like a playstyle can be separated from who we are and since you're talking about my playstyle I can't possibly be insulted that you decided to say I'm a slimy conman

i have already offered you a solution - we simply stop talking to each other and everyone will be better for it
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

-Norwee
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:35 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1149, Oblivion wrote: It would rather resolve this bullshit here and now and move the fuck on and not have to stretch this out over the course of a game and you doing things PAST this means it will have to come back and read this shit to try and sort you so for the LOVE of god.
I'm leaving for a few hours, starting now.
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: It/Its

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1153, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: like you keep pretending like a playstyle can be separated from who we are and since you're talking about my playstyle I can't possibly be insulted that you decided to say I'm a slimy conman

i have already offered you a solution - we simply stop talking to each other and everyone will be better for it
That's not a fucking solution and you know it.

It is trying, actively, to apologize to you. Playstyle and personal are two different things. It is NOT the same person in mafia as it is outside of it, and all it intended to ask was if you were manipulative to players as both alignments. It apologizes deeply for using words that hurt you to describe that.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

And you, who have your human heart again, know all their secrets still.
This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
no one else has ever loved this way before.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:37 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1151, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1145, morph the cat wrote: You're voting him. Apparently based on the miller thing. Is there more?
Well I think the timeline of events makes it sus unless i am misunderstanding how things went.
I think actiondan was saying CSF before the outing of neighborhood, miller doesn't make sense until dan found out that there is cops. He then went to "that doesn't make sense with the creativity of game, which is weird for him to say imo because that implies understanding the game setup in some deeper way or what cephrir would design. Both seem fishy to me.

I also just think actiondan is the least townie of that whole neighborhood.
i feel this make less sense when i reread it.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 pm

fine who am i trying to manipulate
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:38 pm

Post by Oblivion »

It does not believe you are a slimy conman, it doesn't know you outside of game. It literally only knows what you do in game. In game, you feel manipulative, even in posts that don't seem to have much intent behind them.

It just wanted to know if that kind of manipulative style was common for you! It's not even a value judgement, manipulation is value neutral in mafia! God if anything it was AFRAID of you as a player.
This is the law, written in the stars and seeds: in the end, all things must fail. They are old as the stars.
But not older.

This is the truth you will use to break them, to rend chains apart and set their prisoners free:
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:41 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1112, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1108, Shello and Goodbye wrote: i mean the point i cared more about was the first part where you okayed being shot which is something, if not in this exact context, ive done as wolf more than once and i feel you would do too. you can be town being upset too but from experience i just feel like you get more upset/angry/etc like this as a wolf sorry
my point is I have never asked to be killed in this game so it is strange to me that is what you are getting from what I posted.

I simply said IF a vig actually listens to Cabd's constant harping that they should do me a favor and get hit on the next night
This feels like you're doing expectation management from a player to try and convince them of something when the quote is pretty clearly you being okay with dying. It's not precisely what they said you said either, but it's not so far from the truth that your post doesn't feel like you're not manipulating them.

Like... it feels like there are ways to go "this is not what I said" but instead you come across with... this. You're controlling the conversation and managing expectations and it just feels like there was no NEED for it so... why? It just wanted to know if that was normal with you.
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:41 pm

ok lets rewind to where you called me a slimy conman and pretend everything past that never happened ok?

you dont have to read anything i said to you as alignment indicative because frankly its not, I would be pretty insulted as either alignment if someone called me a slimy conman and go nuclear on them.

I will pretend you're not insulting me to my face and leave it at that.

you say I'm being manipulative.

where am I doing that.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i feel like my brain is just not up to the speed of game to be giving strong analytical posts. Though I am not known for doing those so maybe i should stick to my strengths, but I feel a mental haze today after my work day. I think i might be getting sick too.

Ill be back later.
Show

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:42 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 20, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 18, morph the cat wrote: Will not somebody rid us of this troublesome bear?
I'm ascetic you can shoot me at night if I'm that scary
This is manipulative too! Like, it gets this is a joke but it feels like you baring your fangs to scare someone off from something before it gets bigger!

Like, it's not a bad thing, it's a tool you're using but it just wanted to know whether it was the norm! Fucks sakes!
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:43 pm

In post 1162, Oblivion wrote:
In post 18, morph the cat wrote: Will not somebody rid us of this troublesome bear?
This is manipulative too! Like, it gets this is a joke but it feels like you baring your fangs to scare someone off from something before it gets bigger!

Like, it's not a bad thing, it's a tool you're using but it just wanted to know whether it was the norm! Fucks sakes!
thats me saying to morph if he's mafia and he's scared of me he can shoot me

that's a joke

it is not me trying to scare morph
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:43 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1160, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: ok lets rewind to where you called me a slimy conman and pretend everything past that never happened ok?

you dont have to read anything i said to you as alignment indicative because frankly its not, I would be pretty insulted as either alignment if someone called me a slimy conman and go nuclear on them.

I will pretend you're not insulting me to my face and leave it at that.

you say I'm being manipulative.

where am I doing that.
It is providing you examples as we speak. The example that triggered it was your discussion with Shell and the prior examples it saw when it was reading are things it is grabbing now but has much to do with how you interacted with players earlier in the game, especially morph.

The thing is, if it thought you were being manipulative with an intent to achieve somehting it might be suspicious but it's weird things, weird places where you don't need to be that overt but you ARE so it was wondering why?
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:44 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1163, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1162, Oblivion wrote:

thats me saying to morph if he's mafia and he's scared of me he can shoot me

that's a joke

it is not me trying to scare morph
Right but then there is talk about vigilantes and such which to it felt like it was more than just "shoot me if you're scared of me, scum"

Like, even if it IS a joke it feels like it has an intent beyond that, in how you present yourself.
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 pm

if morph was mafia they would be scared of me because I'm pretty sure I've never misread Morph in my life and they know I can p easily pick up on either of their scum tells and also get a large enough wagon to hit them.

i do not need to scare morph if morph is mafia.

also if morph is town there is no way morph town would be scared of me because they would expect me to read them correctly regardless of my alignment
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 616, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 609, morph the cat wrote: Critical thinking skills got left behind in the mafia PT and outsourced to a try harder I see. You must have gotten somebody who thrives on setup spec with you.
bruh i never had critical thinking skills lol
Like it read this post when it was instructed to read the "post Dethy reveal" and went "huh? what?"
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 pm

In post 1165, Oblivion wrote: Right but then there is talk about vigilantes and such which to it felt like it was more than just "shoot me if you're scared of me, scum"
the chances of morph being mafia is far higher than morph being a vig, I did not say it to them as in "if you're a vig you can always shoot me" the implied meaning is that if they're mafia they can shoot me if they're scared of me. it is a friendly taunt.
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

Spiffeh being scum is a interesting take i wish to induldge in tomorrow to do rereads.
Show

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:47 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1166, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: if morph was mafia they would be scared of me because I'm pretty sure I've never misread Morph in my life and they know I can p easily pick up on either of their scum tells and also get a large enough wagon to hit them.

i do not need to scare morph if morph is mafia.

also i
f morph is town there is no way morph town would be scared of me because they would expect me to read them correctly regardless of my alignment
Why is this a truism? Like, you state it with authority but it doesn't understand why that is just blanket true?
But not older.

Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:48 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1169, Firebringer wrote: Spiffeh being scum is a interesting take i wish to induldge in tomorrow to do rereads.
Please, please..... PLEASE just give it like.... 30 minutes. Maybe even 15. It's begging not to have to re-read this section of the game later.
But not older.

PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:48 pm

In post 1167, Oblivion wrote:
In post 609, morph the cat wrote: Critical thinking skills got left behind in the mafia PT and outsourced to a try harder I see. You must have gotten somebody who thrives on setup spec with you.
Like it read this post when it was instructed to read the "post Dethy reveal" and went "huh? what?"

wheres the manipulation again
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:49 pm

In post 1170, Oblivion wrote: Why is this a truism? Like, you state it with authority but it doesn't understand why that is just blanket true?
because we've played a lot of games together and I am familiar with how they play town and scum
Show
-MariaR

-Norwee
Oblivion
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Oblivion
It/Its
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:50 pm

Post by Oblivion »

In post 1172, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
In post 1167, Oblivion wrote:

wheres the manipulation again
It felt like a deflection with humour. Like... you were aware you maybe should have picked up on something but didn't and so deflected with humour when from its assessment you are clearly precisely the type to notice things.

Like, it recognizes you are going to use humour a lot but, it felt like you were again managing expectations with your humour.
But not older.

Return to “Theme Park [Large Theme Games]”