Newbie 1116 -- Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:18 am

Post by The Fonz »

WtF?
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:19 am

Post by The Fonz »

I'm still here, NS. I've been unavailable for a couple of days because my time's been taken up by stuff connected to the riots.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

Anyway, it really kinda worries me to have my top two town reads voting for me.

I still think Workdawg is the play. I really don't see Cymru's vote as a scum one. It seems naively town to me. I think it's most likely workdawg/grimmjow, but there's also the possibility of Cymru as a buddy since WD pretty much held the balance of power on Al vs Cymru, and swung it toward Al, despite the fact that he'd voted Cym day one, and attacked me for attacking BigAl.

Vote: Workdawg
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Okay.

Sorry for any misunderstanding.

The Fonz remains in the game.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 am

Post by cymru96 »

erm, where does this leave us?
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:33 am

Post by cymru96 »

fail lol!
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:36 am

Post by The Fonz »

If people want details, incidentally, I started a Facebook page about the riots in my city, and it got 200,000 likes and a lot of people have been relying on it for news, so that was kinda my priority.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 3.07

The Fonz - 2 - Zachrulez, VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes - 1 - Grimmjow
Workdawg - 1 - The Fonz
Zachrulez - 1 - cymru96

Not Voting: Workdawg

V/LA: ...

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: August 19 (expired on 2011-08-19 14:00:00)
....what?

cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:52 am

Post by cymru96 »

Fair enough. I feel for everyone out there. I'm relieved that nothing's started up in Cardiff.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:00 am

Post by The Fonz »

Yeah, I managed to get a train out of New Street on Monday just before it all kicked off.

What's your view of Grimmjow, Cymru?
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:22 pm

Post by Workdawg »

The Fonz wrote:..
I think it's most likely workdawg/grimmjow, but there's also the possibility of Cymru as a buddy since WD pretty much held the balance of power on Al vs Cymru, and swung it toward Al, despite the fact that he'd voted Cym day one, and attacked me for attacking BigAl.

Uhh, what? I've maintained a fairly solid town read on Al the whole game. When asked if I HAD to choose between them, I said I would choose big al, only because his play had become less consistant... but I also said that I wasn't sure who scum was. I made a case right after that for lynching VE instead. Don't you think if Cym and I were scumbuddies, I would have hopped on bigAl's wagon with vigor?

Interesting that it's YOU who asked me who I would pick between the two, and now you are calling me out on having some sort of power because of it.
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:38 pm

Post by VisceraEyes »

Oh man..that's nuts Fonz...and perfectly explains your absence. :(

All right.
UNVOTE: TheFonz

I was literally only swayed by the timing of your disappearance, but I'm socially retarded and didn't even KNOW about the London Riots, let alone connect you to them. Cymru brought it up, but I didn't really believe it until you came in and said something about a totally provable Facebook page.

Since Workdawg is my other pick, obviously...

VOTE: Workdawg
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:36 pm

Post by cymru96 »

My view of Grimm is that for a player that has been here since the start of the game, he's kept his cards VERY close to his hand.

He explains his votes and actions but I don't see him doing much else which is odd.
Thinking through, I don't have any evidence to prove that Grimm is scum but for me it is between Grimm and Fonz for scum #2.

That leaves me with scum suspect #1-
Vote- Workdawg
L-1

So Workdawg, who do you think is Scum and why?
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:38 am

Post by The Fonz »

JESUS CHRIST CYMRU! NO L-1s yet!

unvote
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:55 am

Post by Zachrulez »

VisceraEyes wrote:Oh man..that's nuts Fonz...and perfectly explains your absence. :(

All right.
UNVOTE: TheFonz

I was literally only swayed by the timing of your disappearance, but I'm socially retarded and didn't even KNOW about the London Riots, let alone connect you to them. Cymru brought it up, but I didn't really believe it until you came in and said something about a totally provable Facebook page.

Since Workdawg is my other pick, obviously...

VOTE: Workdawg

What do you think about the fact that Fonz wasn't quick hammered? Fonz being at 2 votes actually eliminates several scumteams and qualifies that scum is being voted, scum is on the wagon, or both.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:00 am

Post by Zachrulez »

I'm also convinced that cymru is scum, but we've already got Fonz up to 2 already with a lot of time passing without a quickhammer, and would have to go through that again if we ran up cymru, and it seems silly to magnify the risk of a scum quickhammer.
cymru96
cymru96
Goon
cymru96
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:14 am

Post by cymru96 »

I messed up. I thought it would be ok to put him at L-1 because whoever hammered would be lynched tomorrow. I DIDN'T REALISE that if the townie was lynched and they got the nightkill it would be all over. I didn't think and I messed up. I am sorry.
Record as townie- 0-0

Record as Scum- 2-0
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Not buying it.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Workdawg »

+1 Zach... I was just going to say that.

As for who I think is scum, I said that in my post yesterday... The Fonz is my top pick. He was already at two votes though, so I was not about to put him at L-1 at this point. Cym is making a questionable vote again.

I took a closer look at cym's voting. I just sort of skimmed it before when I commented on it, but looking closer at context I've noticed something. In 1014, cym posts a list of people that are probably scum, (Wordawg, Grimm, Fonz or [cym]), then makes a case against me, and jumps on BigAl's wagon... wat? Oh... he was putting bigAl at L-1 when their wagon's were even.

I also noticed that at the time of both lynches, cym and The Fonz were on the same wagon, (my wagon D1, BigAl D2)... this is also true of VE and Zach, but I think they are town... and probably smart enough to avoid a tell like sheeping each other if they were scumbuddies. In both cases for cym/The Fonz, The Fonz led the way and cym jumped on later. (not the case for VE/Zach... though interestingly, they've both hammered, and both times it was a little bit early).

Now on D3, cym has made two questionable votes. At first glance, his vote on Zach seems like the usual pressure vote. But he doesn't even seem to care that it didn't really prompt Zach into anything. Zach came back, but cym doesn't even seem to care.

Then cym votes for me (L-1!) with pretty much no reason given. Note that he's followed closely after The Fonz, again.

@Cym
Why am I your top suspect? You said Grimm or The Fonz are your picks for #2, but provide no reason why I am above them, or why you are eliminating Zach from your choices.

So I guess I'm suggesting now that we're looking at The Fonz/cym as a scum team. I'll have to go back and review the thread to look for more interactions between them.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:31 am

Post by The Fonz »

Workdawg wrote:
The Fonz wrote:..
I think it's most likely workdawg/grimmjow, but there's also the possibility of Cymru as a buddy since WD pretty much held the balance of power on Al vs Cymru, and swung it toward Al, despite the fact that he'd voted Cym day one, and attacked me for attacking BigAl.

Uhh, what? I've maintained a fairly solid town read on Al the whole game. When asked if I HAD to choose between them, I said I would choose big al, only because his play had become less consistant...

Right. You chose the one who 'You'd had a solid town read on all game' over the one you had attacked quite a bit.

but I also said that I wasn't sure who scum was.

This is relevant why? Anyone can SAY they don't know who the scum is.

I made a case right after that for lynching VE instead. Don't you think if Cym and I were scumbuddies, I would have hopped on bigAl's wagon with vigor?

WIFOM argument "I wouldn't have done that if I were scum." It makes perfect sense for you as scum to distance from the wagon before putting it over the top. Plus, you know, I think VE's almost certainly town.

Interesting that it's YOU who asked me who I would pick between the two, and now you are calling me out on having some sort of power because of it.

Dishonesty and mudslinging. I asked you precisely because you DID have the power. You were in a position where Al was at L-1, and Cym was at L-2 with Al not voting for him. Al would presumably have preferred to lynch Cymru than himself, so if you'd said you preferred a Cymru lynch, then Cymru would be dead.

@Zachrulez: From my perspective, me not being hammered changes nothing: i still think both of those voting for me were town. Grimmjow was essentially absent the entire time I was at L-1 (he made an 'I can't post right now' post, but it's likely he didn't get the chance to read the thread, and I think he's scum) and there are no Workdawg or Cymru posts within an hour of each other, which makes it likely they were never visibly online at the same time.
The Fonz
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
The Fonz
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:32 am

Post by The Fonz »

I also need to look over Grimmjow/Cymru interactions.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:37 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 3.08

Workdawg - 2 - VisceraEyes, cymru96
The Fonz - 1 - Zachrulez
VisceraEyes - 1 - Grimmjow

Not Voting: Workdawg, The Fonz

V/LA: ...

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: August 19 (expired on 2011-08-19 14:00:00)
....what?

Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:41 am

Post by Workdawg »

The Fonz wrote:
Right. You chose the one who 'You'd had a solid town read on all game' over the one you had attacked quite a bit.

Up until that point, yes... cymru's play had been consistantly newbish/whatever. Bigal's D2 play was subpar, by far. Please show me where I attacked cym "quite a bit." I recall voting for him once, and posting a rather lengthy commentary about his play, but not attacking him as you imply.
The Fonz wrote:
This is relevant why? Anyone can SAY they don't know who the scum is.

It implies that I didn't really think either of them were scum...

The Fonz wrote:
WIFOM argument "I wouldn't have done that if I were scum." It makes perfect sense for you as scum to distance from the wagon before
putting it over the top.
Plus, you know, I think VE's almost certainly town.

The Fonz wrote:
Dishonesty and mudslinging. I asked you precisely because you DID have the power. You were in a position where Al was at L-1, and Cym was at L-2 with Al not voting for him. Al would presumably have preferred to lynch Cymru than himself, so if you'd said you preferred a Cymru lynch, then Cymru would be dead.

Which I didn't do, so you're argument is irrelevant. After I voted for VE, the cym wagon fell apart anyway. Grimm unvoted and VE flopped around and ended up hammering BigAl. You can say "I had the power" all you want, but just because the town is divided, does that mean I have to vote for someone I'm not convinced is scum? If Al wanted to lynch cym, he would have voted for him. Maybe that would have been enough to keep cym's wagon together, maybe not... the world will never know.

You asked me who I would prefer to lynch, and I answered the question in that context... but I did not vote either of them. If answering your question somehow gave me magical powers to sway everyone else, then I guess I should have just said I would have preferred a VE lynch, and you guys wouldn't have lynched a townie... oh wait. I did say I preferred to lynch VE... but that was outside the context of your question.
Workdawg
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Workdawg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Workdawg »

VOTE: The Fonz
VisceraEyes
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
VisceraEyes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:37 am

Post by VisceraEyes »

That's 2 on Fonz and 2 on Workdawg. Chances are scum are splitting their votes right now (or not voting...), so I don't think we're in any danger of a quick-hammer...but obviously that's speculation. Grimmjow continues to have a vote on me in spite of his inactivity/consequential absence...I wonder if I'm still his main suspect or if he intends to change it when he becomes active again.
Show
In your Viscera Eyes
Cataracts close the blinds
Let me let comfort come drown by your side.

As Town: 4-4
As Mafia: 5-0
Total Games Completed: 13

Nerd National

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”