Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:48 am

Post by Elyse »

If TIP is scum my hat goes off to him, but yes seems mighty desperate to not get SD lynched.

TIP, I think both you and I know who the scumteam is. I'm keeping my vote on yes, but it's up to you and Ank now, since SD/yes are clearly working together.
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:51 am

Post by yessiree »

The true scum meta is to secure a mislynch in LyLo. My play is cautious in that I want to secure a scum lynch; I don't want to lynch anyone else I'm not 100% sure; that is true town meta in LyLo.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:56 am

Post by Elyse »

I literally said the same exact thing before. I dislike how you are comparing your own play to "true town meta in LyLo" when gambitting a result is far from that.

But you accused TIP of scum for trying to compromise when, from his PoV, it makes sense to lynch SafetyDance.

I'm not moving my vote from you and you're not moving your vote from me because I know you're scum and you would be lynched in a second if you changed your vote.

But if TIP is sure that SD is scum with either me or you, why is he scum for voting the common denominator? I just feel like you are grasping at straws to get get SD's name off the ballot for today when you know it's probably not happening anyway.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:12 pm

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

votecount 4.5Elyse (1): yessiree
yessiree (1): Elyse
SafetyDance (1): TheIrishPope
Ankamius (0):
TheIrishPope (0):

Not voting (2): Ankamius, SafetyDance

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-08-14 12:00:00)

As far as dystopian future worlds, evil spice-y empire-obsessed rulers, androgyny or extra sensory telekinetic powers are concerned I'm happy to recommend the following:
-EXPERIMENT:
Zener Cards
(1930s) by Karl Zener
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:36 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

Right, here, yeah sorry play sucks, I am trying and want to keep playing so I can win and lynch scum in lylo. Excuses would just make me an RM close, so getting on with scumhunting and discussion.
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:42 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 1108, Elyse wrote:VOTE: yessiree

He's lying. I'm the cop. This is a scum gambit. And a bad one.

I haven't gotten any results whatsoever. I've been blocked every single night.

His story doesn't track. Being blocked N0 and N2 is believable. (Well duh since it happened to me), and even getting a result on Ank is believable if scum flipped vig or SK shenanigans occurred.

But getting a guilty on me is the flaw in this gambit. It doesn't make sense. Scum has the vig and cop switch left, and the SK is dead, making their switches unchangeable. Since Rach flipped town, scum knew the vig wasn't shooting and would obviously flip the cop. Yessiree knew he was in a tough place coming into the phase and I guess he thought he would get me mislynched and win the game, hoping you would believe him since he claimed first? He didn't think it through well enough. Though I am curious how he knew I was the cop (was it that obvious?) or if he just randomly picked me since I was in the hot seat-ish. (See how he didn't pick TIP)

ATTENTION: THE VIG SHOULD NOT CLAIM SINCE IT'S OBVIOUS WE ARE LYNCHING BETWEEN YESSIREE AND ME. WE NEED TO KEEP THE VIG ANONYMOUS THROUGH THE NIGHT. (SafetyDance is scummy for still suggesting massclaim)

As far as my night actions go,

N0: checked Ms Marangal - I've butted heads with her before and didn't want to read her wrong
N1: Kattaze - Obvious reasons, the no result strengthened my SK read because I thought he chose vig/cop
immunity
N2: RachMarie - She was scummy
N3: TIP - He was scummy

Yes is either scum with TIP or SafetyDance. I'll die tonight so Ankamius will have to decide in LyLo
This is bad because:

It reads as scum flailing and covering tracks from a sudden claim
Scum would know that he was lying
It's more plausible from a numbers perspective that Yes is town gambling on getting scum right (2/4 - 50%) than scum trying to guess town cop (1/3 - 33%) which invalidates wall of text in main paragraph.
Tries to gain cred by not wanting to massclaim.
In post 1101, yessiree wrote:Alright I'm the Cop

Have inno on Ankarius

Have guilty on Elyse from last night

VOTE: Elyse
This is bad because:

Gambit in lylo
Failure to know or understand the setup, as in what is mentioned here:
In post 1122, yessiree wrote:
Okay, just to clarify: I didn't know the mafia cop can't actually investigate someone. Now I know all the mafia PRs can do is to switch the town PRs' abilities off at night.

But that doesn't change the fact that, by lynching the SK, the mafia holds complete control over the town PRs, since the SK can reverse the switch.

And the biggest pusher of the SK lynch was Elyse.
That is a bit of an oversight.

BUT

With time to think on it, coming up with this gambit would mean two people in on it (the scum) and I can't buy that TWO players, let alone both players in the scum team would not know the set up.
"You got a chapter in one of those books on jumping to conclusions? You attach an assumption to a piece of evidence, you start to bend the narrative to support it, prejudice yourself."
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:45 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 1100, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 1082, Wickedestjr wrote:The vig shouldn't shoot tonight.
1. They are essentially stealing a lynch.
2. They could shoot the cop.
3. Tomorrow's lynch will be based off of more information (the night 3 night kills) than the vig kill tonight would be. No reason why the vig kill should replace the lynch.
RachMarie wrote:I am town but not that valuable only VT as I said
You better not be. That means either Safety/yes is the scum team and they somehow submitted a night 3 kill despite both players being inactive, or I'm wrong on one of my 'strong' town reads.
Calls out a Safety/yes team.
Dies.
Reminder: this is LyLo.
Cop, if you have a guilty, go ahead.
LOL. Set up much? Scum with a plan out of the blocks. How'd that Rach tunnel go for you btw? See you've moved on rather easily without even a hint of humility or afterthought.
In post 1119, Ankamius wrote:I'm much more inclined to believe yessiree right now.

I'll think it through later today when I'm not busy with other things.
Yeah, this just comes off as stalling.
In post 1118, TheIrishPope wrote:The comma thing is stretching it though.
Yes. We agree on something. \o/
In post 1124, Elyse wrote:Yes you are such a fake. You have changed what you said five times now and I can't believe you're actually convincing them.

I need to work on my persuasion skills I guess, especially since I have the truth on my side.
Holier-than-thou attitude does not suit you.
In post 1126, yessiree wrote:you're wrong Elyse

the fact that you pushed for the Sk lynch isn't the CAUSE of why you're scum; it REINFORCES the cause of why you're scum

and it is easier for scums than towns to spot the SK and secure the lynch since you know who your partners are, so you're looking for the SK only in the player pool of SK+town, whereas a townie would have to look for the SK in the entire player pool.
Sounds plausible but RM
was
pushing that too and she's flipped town, so we know where her intentions come from. I view it as null because both factions would be pushing that and searching for sk, i just blanket cover it under scumhunting.
In post 1171, TheIrishPope wrote:
In post 1151, Elyse wrote:I don't understand your post.

And how are you so sure that I'm the mafia cop switch? I think you are just saying that because
you
are and it fits nicely.
I would still know whether or not the switch is flipped if I was the doc or vig switch.
Why are you so sure I'm the cop switch?
This confirmed Elyse to me as Town so fucking much because Vig switch died N0; scum wouldn't say this ever ever
and yessiree rolefishing adds to it
Ank?
Not buying it.
In post 1168, Ankamius wrote:SafetyDance's hostile response is giving me pretty big scumvibes.

Anyway, I'm here now. Throw what you've got at me.
Lololol. You've never played with me have you? No, sorry, I'm not a jumper when people say how high.
In post 1174, Ankamius wrote:Wait, I need to think about this real fast.

Massclaiming might actually be the optimal play here. Let me run the possibilities.
Wow does that sound familiar. I wonder who mentioned it before?
In post 1194, TheIrishPope wrote:...
Ank isn't scum.
Rubbish claim from a town pov. The only thing guaranteed here is that Ank isn't Scum with you.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:48 pm

Post by SafetyDance »

OK, so I believe yes' claim at the moment and all Elyse is doing is flailing and obfuscating as hard as possible. Yes, on the other hand is playing how I would expect someone who's the cop to play and I agree with his caution, it's how I react too.

Intent to vote Elyse in next 24hours.
I wont comprise on this. Barring anything drastic happening of course but plenty of of time to talk by then. Planning to be around.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:35 pm

Post by Elyse »

Fuck. We're going to lose.

@TIP
Please vote for yessiree to give Ank at least the option of deciding. It is clear that Safety Dance is scum with yessiree and hopefully after his recent post Ank will come to that conclusion as well.

Ank I know you think I'm scum but you have to realize that I'm not. Who is my partner here? TIP? Maybe. SD? The person who just claimed intent to vote me in 24 hours which will win him the game and make us lose. Yessiree? Obviously not.

So unless you think the scumteam is me/TIP, which is REALLY unlikely given our D1 interactions, you need to use your gut here and vote for yessiree.

I don't want to put this pressure on you, but the game is in your hands right now. Choose wisely.
TheIrishPope
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
TheIrishPope
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:23 pm

Post by TheIrishPope »

Actually, I am the Cop.
But no, really, Elyse, stop trying to implicate me as your partner.
just the tIP
"TiP has a silky, foreign voice"
- Varsoon
Come play Skype Mafia with us!
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:22 am

Post by Elyse »

Lol.

I'm not trying to implicate you as my partner. I don't have a partner. Why are you worried that I'm trying to implicate you as my partner? I thought you thought I was town.

SD claimed intent to vote me within 24 hours. All I'm asking is that you vote with me to give Ank the option of choosing.

Otherwise it's clear that I'll be lynched and we'll lose.

If you still think I'm scum after yessiree's obvious discrepancies and lies, then by all means, hammer me when SD votes. But I have faith in you that you'll make the right choice and we can hope that Ank will too.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:57 am

Post by SafetyDance »

Vote: Elyse

I guess no one wants to talk. :/
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 4:00 am

Post by Elyse »

We're gonna lose we're gonna lose we're gonna lose
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:27 am

Post by SafetyDance »

You could you know, stop flailing, which is all your doing and actually engage. You're not really making yourself believable as a counter-claim.

Where the fuck are the other people? Yes doesn't matter but the other two do. 8 hours till deadline! I'm not losing because some idiot VI forgets to come on and vote.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:30 am

Post by Elyse »

I'm not flailing. There's nothing more I can do. I can only hope TIP votes for Yes and then Ank does too.

If we NL then we lose...if we lynch me we lose...
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:31 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 1209, TheIrishPope wrote:Actually, I am the Cop.
But no, really, Elyse, stop trying to implicate me as your partner.
The amount of WIFOM you and Elyse have put up. Why isn't she your partner, is yes? How do you go from "rooting" for Elyse to suddenly trying to disassociate from her?
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:35 am

Post by SafetyDance »

In post 1214, Elyse wrote:I'm not flailing. There's nothing more I can do. I can only hope TIP votes for Yes and then Ank does too.

If we NL then we lose...if we lynch me we lose...
My thoughts about your claim are on this page. If you were town you'd be addressing them and doing everything possible to turn people's mind. Why would you give up?
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:39 am

Post by Elyse »

All you said was that I had a holier than thou attitude and that it wouldn't make sense for yes to gambit on finding the town cop.

I don't know how to respond to that. I don't have a holier than thou attitude and I must have dropped some obvious cop tells or something. I don't know why he faked a guilty on me, but I know that if I was scum, I wouldn't have been like "bitch please, I'm a VT" and vote for him.

But instead I claimed my true role, cop, and now I'm getting crucified for it.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:56 am

Post by SafetyDance »

No, I never said you were scum for a holier-than-thou attitude, I gave reasons why in the post above that one, #1205. I know you read it because you just referenced in.

Your whole "I have truth on my side" from #1124 is why you have a HTTA (it's why I quoted that post!) and you've done nothing but continue to act like it.
SafetyDance
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
SafetyDance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:59 am

Post by SafetyDance »

I have to go. Might be back before deadline but it will be close (after 5 ET).

Hopefully others come on.
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:17 am

Post by Elyse »

I never said you said I was scum for a HTTA attitude. And what did I miss responding to?

Also I made I typo in 1217. It should read "I would've been like" not "I wouldn't have been like".
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:28 am

Post by yessiree »

last ditch effort by TIP to save his partner Elyse just confirmed the scum team of TIP+Elyse
yessiree
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
yessiree
he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:33 am

Post by yessiree »

the fact that TIP has never suspected that both Elyse and I could be the scum team also reinforces scumTIP, where as SafetyDance does not dismiss this idea and picked the person he thought is more scummy.
Ankamius
Ankamius
Survivor
Ankamius
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:59 am

Post by Ankamius »

Dropping in right now to confirm that Yessiree and I are not scumpartners.

I will look at a few things and make my stance before deadline falls.
pieceofpecanpie
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
pieceofpecanpie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Aug 13, 2013 11:53 am

Post by pieceofpecanpie »

votecount 4.6Elyse (2): yessiree, SafetyDance
yessiree (1): Elyse
SafetyDance (1): TheIrishPope
Ankamius (0):
TheIrishPope (0):

Not voting (1): Ankamius

With 5 players alive, it takes 3 to lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2013-08-14 12:00:00)

As far as dystopian future worlds, evil spice-y empire-obsessed rulers, androgyny or extra sensory telekinetic powers are concerned I'm happy to recommend the following:
-EXPERIMENT:
The One Million Dollar Paranormal Challange
(1964-) by James Randi
Open 540 - a C9 + + (0 replacement/s needed)
is a current tale of moddery, if you wanna catch 'em, send me a replacement PM

ye 'ol modded games:
Open 502 - Switch Mafia

Return to “Completed Open Games”