Newbie 2087 | Celebrating Betty White | End!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Korina »

But also, I could give some unbiased opinions on a few things.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:57 am

Post by Korina »

Actually, y'know what'd be evil to do? PM the mod and say a hammer was achiveed.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1184, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Ahri is almost never scum with Korina imo.

Progo's recent vote switch typically comes from town.

I haven't reread Cape or Somnus because hangover and lazy, but that's where I'd look in the event Malcolm flips town. Still flip Malcolm first though.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Korina »

Well, I'll see you in the dead PT bb.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:58 am

Post by Korina »

:)
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:59 am

Why did you claim Mason, Korina? I was surprised, I thought you knew I was the Mason already.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:59 am

sleep tight pupper
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Korina »

Also, just as a forewarning for anyone, so I don't have to explain it post game, why I didn't hammer myself earlier:
I thought I could pull it out with the CC, but seeing it was CSF made me really question myself. But I'm also a fan of not hammering myself as scum, but then I started to realize:

It's CSF. She's gonna use her time wisely. I should hammer.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Korina »

In post 1205, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why did you claim Mason, Korina? I was surprised, I thought you knew I was the Mason already.
Confirmation.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Korina »

I wanted to make sure it wasn't someone else like Somnus, or Ahri.
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:00 am

Post by Korina »

See you in the dead PT <3
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:06 am

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2-7

In the '80s, White hosted her own game show called (wait for it) "Just Men". In 1983 she became the first woman to win the Daytime Emmy for Outstanding Game Show Host.

Korina
(4): Ahri, Cat Scratch Fever, ProgoWoshua, Korina
Cat Scratch Fever
(1): Cape90

Not Voting
(2): Somnus, MalcolmTucker

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline: February 2, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-02-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]

An Elimination Has Been Achieved!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:14 am

Post by fferyllt »

Korina was a
Mafia Goon

Night 2 Begins Now! Night actions are due no later than (expired on 2022-02-01 21:00:00).

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Cat Scratch Fever died last night. She was a
Town Mason

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 3-1
Day 3 Begins!

Episode 1:

"Life with Elisabeth" was in production before Betty became the queen of gameshows. Her next sitcom was "Date with the Angels"

Not Voting
(5): Somnus, MalcolmTucker, Cape90, ProgoWoshua, Ahri

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to eliminate.

Deadline: February 8, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-02-08 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idic
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Somnus »

Well that was an interesting read on Sunday evening. I'm finishing up going through two more ISO's. I'll have some notes/quotes to post before I go to bed later. Welcome back, everyone.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Well then, the things I miss when I leave the thread.

Progo isn't paired with Korina, I refuse to believe that both the mafia just repeated each other day 1 like that being and
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by Somnus »

I'm not sure I get the logic there in how that rules them out as partners at all. By the same notion, are we ruling out Malcolm for the exact same thing? It was such a ho-hum "Everyone can be mafia, but you're probably town lol" comment.
In post 267, Pale Ale Dog wrote:[cut]

These are the relevants posts PAD made imo but honestly they're all just a bit boring to read imo, no offense ;-;

I don't know if it's because I'm jaded or whatever, but it seems null across the board, I agree with their TR on CSF, their TR on LQ is viable given they've made logical decision this game but again I have bad vibes from him

anyways 5/10 bc null
Can't say I'm offended - they were quite boring and hardly ground-breaking.
I still have an itch about both Progo and Malcolm T using my post to make town reads on me
- as well as CSF of course, though she's town for me anyway. [CSF, I know you will probably say why but your posts are just very investigative and you put pressure on the players you are asking - I know you probably disagree with me but I think LicketyQ is in the same bracket].[/quote]
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by Somnus »

Bah. Quoting fail. Point stands though. Bottom part of the post is from Pale Ale Dog. Top is me, middle is Ahri
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:16 pm

Post by Somnus »

Ok. I don't want to spam 6 or 7 long posts here at the very start of Day 3 in the middle of the night, so for tonight, I'm just going to post Late-day stuff from Lickety from Day 1 and then Late-day stuff from Cat from Day 2.

LicketyQuickety: Late Day 1
---------------------------
LQ:

Town
Cat/Somnus/SM
PAD/Andante/Malcolm
Progo/Ahri
Scum
(Later town-read Ahri, scum-read PAD slot, voted for Andante). (526)

Ahri Town Read: To be determined
Pale Ale Dog Slot Scum-Read: Correct!
Vote for Andante: Incorrect, along with myself, Cat, and Progo. Korina also voted here too

I'm down with an Andante Lim.
If this flips Town, I don't mind Limming Progo/Malcolm next
. If Andante flips Scum, then I guess it's back to the drawing board, but now we did our job so I would feel good about that. (816)

Also, I don't think Korina should leave the PoE any time soon. (822)

Good read

I do think Progo looks really bad here if you flip Town, so I'd probably push them D2 if you flip Town.

Korina also looks Sus with the way they are approaching this game
which seems to be to not really give much in the way of spicy takes. They are SRing Ahri IIRC, which, Ahri was seriously considered Scummy by a few people (like me) so there's reason to push there.

IDK what SM is doing anymore
. They seem to not really have many takes at all.

Ahri is weird and IDK how I feel about them but their effort seems a bit Townie to me
(like I mentioned before).

And Malcolm has also pushed Ahri, which I kinda get on one level because Ahri is very chaotic and that seems to be a kind of playstyle clash with Malcolm, but I guess
I don't get how Malcolm goes from having everyone as Null to being so sure Ahri is Scum

That leaves Cat and Somnus who I think are both obviously Town.
(825)

Correct on the first one, but like...they were mason partners so kind of a given. I haven't flipped yet but I'm going to go ahead and say that his top two town reads were correct.

You were 100% on there being one Scum in Cat/Ahri/myself and an Andante wagon pops up and you ditch that. (827)

If Andante flips Town, it makes you look opportunistic.
(to Progo) (831)
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:31 pm

Post by Somnus »

Cat Scratch Fever: Late Day 2
-----------------------------

ummm why not Malcolm today? He's like a consensus scumread I think?

(@all, if you townread Malcolm, I'd like to hear why.) (1092)

No takers, but now looking back, I think a lot of our comments to each other ended up getting buried in Day 2. It was kind of a sloppy day in general.

I'm assuming you haven't found a better scumspect in the last few days, since your vote is still on me.

We've already talked about the posts of mine that you didn't like that I think are mostly attributed to your lack of context when you first read the game.

The other posts of mine that you didn't like basically boil down to personality, either the tone didn't rub you the right way or b/c you thought it was performative or something.

I'm hate scumposting and generally do the bare minimum to get by. I loathe talking to people in real time because I have to think a lot to get my story straight, so I have to take notes as scum, whereas I can talk off the wall for hours as town. Just do a 5 min skim of some of my past games and I'm interested to see if you think I'm still scum here, because with ~3 days left, your parked vote should be better placed.

That's not why he's scumreading Ahri. That boils down to:

- Ahri's doing weird, unpredictable things that are scummy, such as the self-vote and accusing Progo of scumslipping.

- There's one scum off and one scum on wagon, and Ahri is most likely scum offwagon.

Scum have to be pushing somewhere anyway, why not Ahri? Pushing someone doing outlandish things is easy to do.

I also think Korina's 180 on Ahri overnight as also suspicious, and struck me as perhaps both scum didn't want to both be pushing Ahri at the same time. (1127)

There's a lot to unpack there. The vote on Cat by Cape wasn't going to go anywhere, and that became pretty clear by late Day 2. Cat was trying to make a case for Malcolm, but kept her vote on Korina almost the whole day, and was correct.

If I'm scum here, I have no reason to counterclaim Korina.

I would just wait until the night to NK Korina instead. (1157)

Very true. I had the benefit of reading this hilarious incident about half an hour after Night 2 began, and so maybe I just see it in hindsight, but it seemed extremely obvious that Cat has no reason to counter-claim there as scum. I don't even know how practical a counter claim in this kind of open setup with 7 players left really was. I'll be kind of curious to hear from both Cat and Korina post-game, but Korina was essentially dead. I had said the night before all of this happened that I was going to likely going to have to get my last vote of Day 2 in on Sunday and that I was leaning for Korina. Cat had one idle vote on her all of Day 2 that never gained any momentum, unless you count Korina's desperate vote following the counter-claim.

If this were true, I definitely wouldn't have counterclaimed. I would have just pushed another wagon today after your claim. There's no need for me to get into this gladiate situation where I am guaranteed to die.

ughhhh Malcolm get back in here and hammer your buddy already xd (1163)

TBD. I'm not as convinced as Cat was, even though he's in my pool.

You're both in basically everyone's PoE, so if you're both scum, you need to vote each other to distance. (1167)

Fair, but at that point in Day 2 it was pretty risky. The walls were closing in on Korina, and I had already expressed my likelihood to vote for them on Day 2. Malcolm also at some right before Progo switched his vote had 2 votes on him (he'd have 3 if I hadn't unvoted Saturday).

Although why Malcolm is not crossvoting Korina is a little bit beyond me. I will think some more. (1168)

Again, reading back at it in hindsight, it seemed incredibly obvious to me that Korina was full of it, but I wasn't there live. I'd rather him be careful in those spots than make a quick/ill-advised vote, especially since it's very likely he's never been in that spot before.

btw, this post makes it really likely that PAD/Korina's buddy was someone who wasn't active in the beginning. Which basically narrows the pool down to Malcolm or Cape. (1177)

Good catch by Cat in the middle of a counter-claim. Don't know if it'll end up being true, but it's quite the observation.

Ahri is almost never scum with Korina imo.
You have to admit that it would be a really hilarious scum team

Progo's recent vote switch typically comes from town.
Really? Disagree. Can't complain about the result though

I haven't reread Cape or Somnus because hangover and lazy, but that's where I'd look in the event Malcolm flips town. Still flip Malcolm first though. (1184)

To be determined, but I agree that Ahri wouldn't be in my pool of who I'm looking to go for on Day 3
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:42 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Have to admit I'd not really suspected Korina for much of the game but once I found those old posts of them being accused by LQ seemed more obvious they were lying.

Unsure where to stand now. Aware I likely look suspicious but I was genuinely curious as to who was telling the truth and who was lying between the two, hence why I dug back for some additional evidence.

Re PAD's post on the first page then, do we reckon there's a decent chance it may actually be Cape after all? Considering how lost we seemed on day one, it'd almost make sense if we were basically scrambling around as townies accusing each other while mafia players were saying/doing very little.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:45 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Should add, I've suspected Ahri the whole game but it seems incredibly unlikely she'd have been in a team with Korina, although as noted above that would be genuinely hilarious.

If you're going on my theory that we have one mafia who went on first vote bandwagon and another who stayed off, that'd leave Korina in a team with either myself or Cape. It's not me, although again I'd understand why I'd come under suspicion as a result. Would be happy if anyone wants to give me a proper cross-examination re any previous posts that could either link me to Korina or distance me from them.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:11 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1104, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1103, Korina wrote:
In post 1100, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1068, Korina wrote:i know i’m town
i think progo is town via claim
i think you’re town via play
i think somnus is town via play
i think ahri is town via play

leaving just malcolm and caps
You know Progo and Ahri made the same BV claim right?
Yes, but I think Progo’s claim was towniwr, and Ahri’s was not
I guess I sort of agree there, at least marginally
In post 1077, Korina wrote:
In post 1074, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I was wrong; I didn't actually play with you, it was Stack the Deck, which I modded under ofrhz. I believe it was the first game you played as Vex, so I think your explanation for how you wanted to tryhard as town under that account is believable. That's why I created this account after all :o

and ok, we can talk more about your PoE when you're sober. I'm basically interested in what you think is lacking from Cape's game that is present in the players in your townpool.
stack the deck with ofrhz was the first game i played under vv.
and i'm cool to talk poe now, because i have notes that i'm ~mostly~ going off of, but drunk!me tends to say things without really thinking it through, so take whatever i say with a grain of salt for if i really mean and think that, or if it's just me talking without thinking about what it means.

i think cape is scum solely because i think everyone else in the game is townier than sm was. cape is pretty much towning it up, but like, i don't care enough to see if this is cape's first game or not, and go through all that motion, but like, i'm really not wanting to look at the idea of somemone's deepwolfing atm
Brief bit of interaction here between Cape/Korina. Notably Korina hints they suspect Cape but never really followed through on it that strongly afterwards.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:14 am

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1217, Somnus wrote:I'm not sure I get the logic there in how that rules them out as partners at all. By the same notion, are we ruling out Malcolm for the exact same thing? It was such a ho-hum "Everyone can be mafia, but you're probably town lol" comment.
In post 267, Pale Ale Dog wrote:[cut]

These are the relevants posts PAD made imo but honestly they're all just a bit boring to read imo, no offense ;-;

I don't know if it's because I'm jaded or whatever, but it seems null across the board, I agree with their TR on CSF, their TR on LQ is viable given they've made logical decision this game but again I have bad vibes from him

anyways 5/10 bc null
Can't say I'm offended - they were quite boring and hardly ground-breaking.
I still have an itch about both Progo and Malcolm T using my post to make town reads on me
- as well as CSF of course, though she's town for me anyway. [CSF, I know you will probably say why but your posts are just very investigative and you put pressure on the players you are asking - I know you probably disagree with me but I think LicketyQ is in the same bracket].
[/quote]
I would say this is a false equivalency to what I was getting at but okay

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”