crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Post by crypto »

crypto wrote:
Faraday wrote:Also crypto, I don't know where you go to school but I've known school girls that curse a lot :P
You be quiet!

MOD IS GOD
- Faraday
Pwnt.
Raskol
Raskol
Goon
Raskol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:41 pm

Post by Raskol »

Blargh, I never should have claimed. I probably could have gotten walrus lynched anyway. The way Neto jumped on crypto was scummy as hell; I tracked him last night but the bullet in my head prevented me from saying anything =P Live and learn, I guess.

Anyway, good game scum.

Also, I'm glad people trusted my judgment so much (always a mistake, btw :p) but don't you think you could have talked things over a bit first?
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:56 pm

Post by Faraday »

Now I need to change my avatar that I'm finished this game.

Laaaaaaaaame :(

Also Raskol you played well, I just think the claiming was a bad move, apart from that you played alright. Thanks to you, and all the replacements.
are you thinking of me when you're with somebody else?
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:00 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Raskol: Your deductions were right with the exception of me....The only problem is that the town had blundered into a LYLO situation. Also, there's the fact that I rarely try to help out my scum teammates when I play as scum...I find that the benefit is minimal compared to the strong chance of a game loss that results. That throws a lot of people...
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Temporarily retiring following the end of my current obligations.
Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:20 pm

Post by Faraday »

IDk, I thought there was a connection between you and malpa, from reading. You seemed to do it subtly enough but I think it helped get the votes off him.
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:21 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Really? lol, my intent was to bus him, oddly enough.
My posts are best read in the calm, reassuring voice of Morgan Freeman. I don't sound anything like him, but they sound best that way.

Faraday
Faraday
...should I be here?
Faraday
...should I be here?
...should I be here?

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:24 pm

Post by Faraday »

Yeh, but there was a couple of times you seemed to defend him day 1, to me. Obviously knowing your roles tints my view on the game, it seemed to work anyway. Plus avoiding bussing your roleblocker strongly was probably a good idea.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:37 am

Post by Rhinox »

I was wondering how this one was going to turn out. I suppose I have to count this one as a loss too, for the brief time I was a part of it :P

About "not posting my thoughts" before the day 2 lynch, well I don't really like to do PbPA's or go through player by player and give thoughts on everybody... I usually find a couple things that stick out on different players and start asking questions. Thats what I was in the process of doing when the day ended. I may have had ample time to post thoughts, but I should have had more time because we weren't close to deadline yet.

I'd have never supported a gyro lynch. Crypto is right, it was very obvious he was town. I was also pretty convinced that kiko was town. Aside from that, I'd have had a hard time picking out scum. I thought xvart was scum and had I lived I would have been looking for something there. I also had a gut feeling about neto, but I doubt I'd have been able to make a case... neto's play was very well in this game.

The other thing that I would say is it pretty much always better to no lynch when its mylo. I stopped reading for a while before walrus was lynched until post game discussion so I missed the exciting parts that happened in there, but even though walrus was scum, it probably would have been better to no lynch. It would have drastically changed the end of the game if say xvart was nked, because the bandwagon on gyro wouldn't have happened on the last day, at least not as fast.

crypto, was this your first game or something? it sucks to invest a lot of time into a game and lose, but there are always winners and losers. This is a team game and the entire town shares the loss, including me. If I'd have been a bit more aggressive upon replacing in, I might have changed something. If you'd have played a little better, the lylo situation that led to the gyro mislynch might never happen. You don't blame the player who strikes out in the bottom of the ninth with bases loaded for losing when more runs earlier in the game would have avoided the situation altogether. Nobody in this game played bad enough to warrent a blacklist for poor play.
crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:19 pm

Post by crypto »

crypto, was this your first game or something? it sucks to invest a lot of time into a game and lose, but there are always winners and losers. This is a team game and the entire town shares the loss, including me. If I'd have been a bit more aggressive upon replacing in, I might have changed something. If you'd have played a little better, the lylo situation that led to the gyro mislynch might never happen. You don't blame the player who strikes out in the bottom of the ninth with bases loaded for losing when more runs earlier in the game would have avoided the situation altogether. Nobody in this game played bad enough to warrent a blacklist for poor play.
Er, no, this is my seventh finished game. I'm not shucking the loss. I'm not blaming the player who strikes out in the bottom of the ninth; I'm yelling at the guy in the outfield who picks up the line drive ball and then throws it into the stands. It's not that someone messed up. It's that someone completely ignored all the reasons I gave and quick-hammered on a player who was all but confirmed town. I explained why Gyro was clearly town over ... and over ... and over again. And finally kikuchiyo stopped ignoring me and instead deemed it appropriate to – gasp! – respond:
kikuchiyo wrote:Is 1148 a joke?

I am starting to think Raskol may be spot on.
She didn't even argue against it. No reasoning whatsoever. Zip. None. And how did she follow up? By fucking hammering after
HAVINGFITZ
put Gyro at L-1.

I don't care about the loss. I care about the town having the game in the palm of its and then gift-wrapping it to obvious scum by lynching obvious town with the worst reasoning – or, hell, outright lack of reasoning – I have ever seen experienced players make on this forum.
Ectomancer
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Ectomancer
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:25 pm

Post by Ectomancer »

Good game scum. I "breadcrumbed" power role with the "I am the Governor" statement looking to get nk'd. It worked maybe?
I have a degree in bullshit. I have patents on entire lines of bullshit. So don't sit here and feed me a line of bullshit and think that I'm not going to recognize it as one.

This unsupported statement brought to you by the Anti-Supported Statement League of the United States and Territories (ASSLUST)
Netopalis
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Netopalis
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by Netopalis »

Ecto: Nah, I just considered you to be a threat outright, as you were one of the more level-headed players at the time. I knew that Crypto had an exploitable, and at the time Xvart wasn't really as active as he was later...so it was between you and Raskol.

crypto
crypto
Mafia Scum
crypto
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:20 pm

Post by crypto »

Ectomancer wrote:Good game scum. I "breadcrumbed" power role with the "I am the Governor" statement looking to get nk'd. It worked maybe?
I took that as a legit breadcrumb when I saw it and wanted to Falco-punch my comp out the window.
walrus helmet
walrus helmet
Goon
walrus helmet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:33 pm

Post by walrus helmet »

Good game everyone. I had a lot of fun. It was certainly a journey! Thanks to Faraday for modding.

This was my first game as scum. What gave me away? I honestly didn't think the pressure was on me too hard, I thought crypto was fishing with his votes. Raskol I figured was really on to me from his repeated mentions but I didn't know why. I hadn't checked the game in over 24 hours when I was lynched so when I came back I had gone from practically no pressure on me to lynched.

I thought we were sunk Day 1 with malpascp, and with a defense by Neto, but everything worked out in the end.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Sun Jan 24, 2010 6:20 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”