Mini 918 - A Hot, Steaming Bowl of Mafia - Game Over!

sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:59 am

Post by sigma »

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Deadline: Feb 17th, 8:00 pm (EST)

Vote Count:

Col.Cathart ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) Konowa
Shotty to the Body ( 1 ) charter
Hoopla ( 3 ) RedCoyote, Locke Lamora, Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons ( 5 ) dry-fit, d3x, Shotty to the Body, Hoopla, Col.Cathart
charter ( 0 )
Konowa ( 0 )
Nikanor ( 0 )
Locke Lamora ( 1 ) Nikanor
dry-fit ( 0 )
No Vote ( 0 )
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:25 am

Post by Hoopla »

RedCoyote wrote: Someone pointed out that Hoopla's position on D1 voting is unique, although it isn't unreasonable. It's essentially that everyone's scumhunting on D1 is much less effective than they'd care to admit. I can agree with that, although I know when I get some brilliant idea in my head that it's hard for me to back off from it. Anyways, she doesn't seem to be following that mentality here. She's content with piggybacking on other player's scumhunting, as d3x pointed out, and not really giving input as to why. The Hoopla I've played with is loathe to join someone else's wagon, especially on D1, without giving her own perspective.
I have no idea where you're getting your meta on me, but I'd love to know your sources. I have phases of going through a defeatist mentality about early lynches, and usually prefer to policy lynch Day 1. I don't think we have anyone that fills that category - normally I'll show my support for several candidates and try and ensure we get a couple of decent bandwagons on Day 1 to compare for the next day.

I also realize it is people that take definite stances (players like charter and roflcopter are good examples) that create more information even if they're wrong/deluded about their accusations. It's necessary for people to push themselves into the role of believing someone is scum, even when you have little to go on. If everyone sits around bemoaning the lack of information available, and that the odds are so terrible, you get nowhere.

I like to trial different playstyles (as both alignments) to figure out what works, what doesn't work - because I dislike the current Day 1 meta and how games normally play out. I thought trying to push and follow as many wagons as possible would be a good way to generate information, but if you're indiscriminate about which wagons to join, I guess it really doesn't give much insight.

~~

In other news, the deadline has crept up on us surprisingly quickly. With the amount of V/LA's and whatnot, we'll probably be struggling to get a lynch other than me or Moai. I'm not sure if I actually find Moai genuinely suspicious - the most serious issue is the lurking, but a number of us fit this profile to make it null.

Cathart's vote on Moai feels very weak and opportunistic, which seems unusual for him. I don't remember him as a particularly dangerous or wreckless player, and would imagine he'd normally use a stronger vote as town to put someone in the L-1 position. If we still had/have time, I'd switch my vote to Cathart if others were interested.

RedCoyote seems quite town, and is one the main people keeping this game afloat - I'm not sure of charter's alignment, but his argument with Shotty seems sincere. But this game has been slower than I expected.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:29 am

Post by Hoopla »

Screw it. I know it's a long shot to have any chance of getting this lynch, but it's a better choice than Moai.

Unvote, vote: Cathart

Someone join me please!
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:17 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Hoopla wrote:Cathart's vote on Moai feels very weak and opportunistic, which seems unusual for him. I don't remember him as a particularly dangerous or wreckless player, and would imagine he'd normally use a stronger vote as town to put someone in the L-1 position. If we still had/have time, I'd switch my vote to Cathart if others were interested
Why opportunistic? I declared my doubts about MIC since the first time I made RC/MIC connection. We're very close to deadline, and one of my suspects is at L-2. What's so opportunistic in here?

Your attempt to derail the wagon is noted.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:07 am

Post by Hoopla »

Col.Cathart wrote:
Hoopla wrote:Cathart's vote on Moai feels very weak and opportunistic, which seems unusual for him. I don't remember him as a particularly dangerous or wreckless player, and would imagine he'd normally use a stronger vote as town to put someone in the L-1 position. If we still had/have time, I'd switch my vote to Cathart if others were interested
Why opportunistic? I declared my doubts about MIC since the first time I made RC/MIC connection. We're very close to deadline, and one of my suspects is at L-2. What's so opportunistic in here?

Your attempt to derail the wagon is noted.
Hmm, valid. I still think it's a feeble assertion, however. I'd like to wait and listen to a second opinion on the matter though.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:01 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Hoopla: I think calling a vote opportunistic when it's entirely consistent with Cathart's suspicions is a feeble assertion. Last time I played with him he actually made a big deal about being very careful with his vote on D1, and he turned out to be scum. Was your impression that CC simply voted for Moai because he mentioned a jester?

RC: I see where you're going with Moai, but it's always WIFOM-y to go down that road. I don't think there was by any means unanimous agreement on you being scum in any case, given that several players weren't really saying much at all. My view is that people say scum wouldn't defend players so often it's worth scum doing it just so someone will bring that up.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:14 am

Post by Hoopla »

It seems weird that was the reason, or rather, an additional reason for the vote, rather than voting earlier. Why not just point to your previous arguments? It looked like it was a linked reason (as if he was waiting for just one more scumtell) to get onto the wagon, which undermines previous suspicions.
Col.Cathart
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Col.Cathart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:10 am

Post by Col.Cathart »

Hoopla wrote:It seems weird that was the reason, or rather, an additional reason for the vote, rather than voting earlier. Why not just point to your previous arguments? It looked like it was a linked reason (as if he was waiting for just one more scumtell) to get onto the wagon, which undermines previous suspicions.
I wasn't voting for him before, because I was on RC's ass. My gut tells me, there's something wrong with him anyway, but so far he explained everything, and it is up to me (and others) whether to believe him or not. MIC's flip will either wreck my theory completely, or give more fuel to it. Either way, it's a good deal, especially with MIC's play so far.
[b]Mini 934[/b] is [b]over![/b] Thanks to everyone participating.

[i]What the hell? That Colonel guy was awesome.[/i] - Fate
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:44 am

Post by charter »

unvote, vote MIC

Sad that Shotty isn't getting lynched, but whatever.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

Still looking for Konowa to explain why he thinks I'm scummy and why he voted me 'seriously' on page 1, looking forward to that since he's declined to explain it willingly I suppose I have to call him out on it.

Also really disliking Nikanor got to lurk out this whole day. Closing comments for the day I suppose since charter hammered (?), don't know why Hoopla jumps on Col, he provided ample reasoning for his vote in his earlier posts imo. Also Hoopla why do you think Maoi isnt suspicious? All I get from you on him is a fence-sitting 'eeeeeh' view.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:07 pm

Post by charter »

He's still at L-1 with Hoopla's unvote. Someone should hammer in the next 24 hours. Can claim if he wants, don't really care.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:46 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Shotty to the Body wrote: Also really disliking Nikanor got to lurk out this whole day. Closing comments for the day I suppose since charter hammered (?), don't know why Hoopla jumps on Col, he provided ample reasoning for his vote in his earlier posts imo. Also Hoopla why do you think Maoi isnt suspicious? All I get from you on him is a fence-sitting 'eeeeeh' view.
I don't think he's not suspicious - there's probably not enough information on him to get an accurate read. I just dislike Cathart's vote on him, and think by the way his wagon has formed, he will probably flip town.

Oh well.

Unvote, vote: Moai Interceptor Cannons
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Hoopla 126 wrote:I have no idea where you're getting your meta on me, but I'd love to know your sources. I have phases of going through a defeatist mentality about early lynches, and usually prefer to policy lynch Day 1. I don't think we have anyone that fills that category - normally I'll show my support for several candidates and try and ensure we get a couple of decent bandwagons on Day 1 to compare for the next day.
Well, I don't want to get into ongoing game territory, but suffice to say that I've heard you say that people rely too much on their own reads on the first day in particular, when in reality these reads probably (probably in the literal sense) aren't very good. I think that's a reasonable take, and I'm not besmirching it in anyway. I just think that you're not following through with it here with your votes.

Outside of that, this post is okay, but not your hammer vote, as I'll explain in closing.

---
Locke 130 wrote:I don't think there was by any means unanimous agreement on you being scum in any case, given that several players weren't really saying much at all.
I definitely acknowledge my support of Moai is WIFOMy, hell, it's pretty obviously convenient as well. I do argue with you here though, mostly because I think when you have to make a post like this,
Dry-fit 77 wrote:RedCoyote's at L-2 by the way if you haven't noticed. Just a heads up.
then you know that shit's just got real.

There were four votes over the course of eight posts. That's got to count for something. Additionally, by unanimous I don't mean every player. I just meant unanimous in the sense that it would've been a non-competitive lynch.

---

I don't like this lynch, but I won't go as far as to say that I'm confident Moai is town. I think he is, but I don't think my reads are very well established yet.

I want to reread charter, because that vote seemed a little too easy for him to make.

As a closing note, if Moai flips town, then I really don't like Hoopla's vote either. I mean, I don't like it regardless of the flip, but if Moai is scum then that speaks well for Hoopla. Right after she just got through labeling the Colonel as an opportunist, she takes the opportunity at an easy hammer. I realize the deadline was today, but we just forewent the claim. No discussion over the player's schedules (I would've been back before the deadline), no further discussion over other player's inclinations and suspicions, no chance to see if Konowa would make another post, no chance to see if Nikanor would come back in time, and when's the last time Dry-fit or d3x have posted? I, for one, would've liked to see if we could've gotten their input.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:07 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Sorry that I have to do this after lurking the whole day, but
I need to replace out
. It seems I accidentally overloaded myself with games. D:
Have fun guys! Sorry again. @_@
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Moai Interceptor Cannons
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Moai Interceptor Cannons »

Derp. Well as a representative of your friendly neighbourhood Mafia, I will tell you that the mysterious daykiller is NOT one of us.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Sorry guys, I've been busy and sleep deprived this week.

If Moai is indeed scum, that would make 5 out of the nine games I've played on this site where mafia was lynched on day 1, so I hardly think day 1 scumhunting is pointless.

@Hoopla, you seemed to imply you thought the Moai wagon was scummy. I'd like to know who else besides Col. on the wagon you find scummy. If you can't answer during twilight, I'd still like to know tomorrow.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Dry-fit wrote: If Moai is indeed scum, that would make 5 out of the nine games I've played on this site where mafia was lynched on day 1, so I hardly think day 1 scumhunting is pointless.

@Hoopla, you seemed to imply you thought the Moai wagon was scummy. I'd like to know who else besides Col. on the wagon you find scummy. If you can't answer during twilight, I'd still like to know tomorrow.
Too small of a sample size.

I don't know who else I find particularly scummy - to be honest I would have settled for a policy-esque lynch on some of the lurkers. I don't see the RedCoyote/MIC pairing which has been implied.

I have/had vague suspicions of Cathart, but almost all my Day 1 thoughts will have gone out the door with a scum flip. That confirmed information is 10 times better anything you can find on Day 1.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:02 am

Post by Hoopla »

If MIC is scum like he says he is, I'm going to make some quick predictions based on that information.

If anyone is bussing, it'll be charter or shotty. Cathart could have easily tilted things in my favour if he was scum, rather than choosing to bus - I don't see him as suspicious at all now. If there is scum on the wagon, it will almost certainly be only one. d3x and dry-fit are probably town.

Off the wagon, RedCoyote feels town, despite being a pusher of my wagon, which was one of the main competitors on D1. I don't understand the RC/MIC connection beyond this small facet - I'll have to keep an eye on it.

Locke's jumping ship to my wagon is sooo shady. This is definitely something to look into tomorrow.

Konowa and Nikanor I have no read on, but are more suspicious than random due to me having stronger town reads on other players.
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:18 am

Post by sigma »

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

Final Vote Count:

Col.Cathart ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 1 ) Konowa
Shotty to the Body ( 1 ) charter
Hoopla ( 3 ) RedCoyote, Locke Lamora, Moai Interceptor Cannons
Moai Interceptor Cannons ( 6 ) dry-fit, d3x, Shotty to the Body, Col.Cathart, charter, hoopla
charter ( 0 )
Konowa ( 0 )
Nikanor ( 0 )
Locke Lamora ( 1 ) Nikanor
dry-fit ( 0 )
No Vote ( 0 )

Moai Interceptor Cannons has been lynched.

sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:26 am

Post by sigma »

After deliberating at length, you decide that Moai Interceptor Cannons is an infiltrator from the mafia. Despite his protests, you lynch him in a forthright fashion.

After searching him, you discover a mafia ID card, proving him to be guilty of the accusations. You also discover a small case of industrial-grade cream of wheat -- perfect for sabotaging vehicles. These could only be the tools of a
Mafia Roleblocker.

It looks like the world is one step closer to being safe for oatmeal.

It is now nighttime. Please submit your night actions by Feb. 20th, 6:30 AM (EST).
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:26 am

Post by sigma »

First, a game note:

Zachrulez is replacing Nikanor. Thanks Zach!
sigma
sigma
Goon
sigma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:28 am

Post by sigma »

After a good night's sleep, you head out for the town's traditional morning breakfast, but you soon discover one of the town is no longer among you...

Dry-fit,
Vanilla Townie
has been killed.

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: March 6th, 8:30 AM (EST)

Vote Count:

Col.Cathart ( 0 )
d3x ( 0 )
RedCoyote ( 0 )
Shotty to the Body ( 0 )
Hoopla ( 0 )
charter ( 0 )
Konowa ( 0 )
Zachrulez ( 0 )
Locke Lamora ( 0 )
No Vote ( 0 )
charter
charter
Beware of Dog
charter
Beware of Dog
Beware of Dog

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:52 am

Post by charter »

vote Shotty
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Charter: you think Shotty was bussing with his vote? MIC wasn't the obvious lynch at that point.

Hoopla: your 'if MIC is scum' post seemed incredibly contrived to me. Do you not think I justified my vote on you adequately? Does anything about my attitude towards MIC yesterday make you think I'm his scumbuddy?

Need to hear a lot from Zach and more from Konowa in particular.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:28 am

Post by Shotty to the Body »

It's charter, locke, tunnel mode is engaged and the off switch is broken as usual.

I'm between RC and Hoopla at this point, though MIC's defense of RC post seems a bit obvious to me... I suppose he didn't have any idea he would be lynched for that when he posted it however. For now,
vote Hoopla, FoS RC
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”