New York 116 - Prozacs Large Normal - Who won?

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:32 am

Post by Fugitive »

@AGar - we'll agree to disagree then. I've explained the reason a couple times already. You won't convince me that it was meaningless. I prompted an unfavorable mothrax reaction, and thus my vote stayed. It's like you didn't even read that part of my previous post. Or you purposely chose to ignore it. Either way, I'm still suspicious of you.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:57 am

Post by Porochaz »

Diginova - 5 - tubby, Agar, Lowell, mothrax, CCARaven
Mothrax - 5 - Toogeloo, Mr.Sandman, Zorblag, Benmage, Fugitive
Agar - 1 - Charlie
Anon - 1 - Stef
Fugitive - 1 -Wraith
Benmage - 1 - Anon
Lowell - 1 - Toon Fighter

Not Voting - 1 - Diginova

With 16 alive it takes 9 to lynch.

Deadline August 7th
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:13 am

Post by Porochaz »

Having checked who hasnt posted recently, I will be prodding all those who havent posted since wednesday, these people are:

Lowell
Zorblag
Benmage
Stef
Anon
Toon Fighter
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 7:38 am

Post by Benmage »

/answering prod I'll look into the little new information since my last post, but I didn't think anything more substantial occurred.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:17 am

Post by Toogeloo »

It's kind of an apathetic game, but I don't think that gives anyone a reason to lurk.

Unvote
Vote: diginova

I could definitely see digi as scum, and I hope pushing him into the lead sparks some conversation.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Anon »

ok im reareading now
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Toon Fighter
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Toon Fighter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Toon Fighter »

I ISO'ed both mothrax and diginova, and, of the two, diginova seems more suspect. mothrax, however, has a very poor defense, just saying he doesn't care about the wagon on him, almost as if he knows he won't be lynched. I almost want to take his wagon a little bit further just to see if his attitude remains the same.

Also, on post 82, he says AGra is the most suspicious at the time, but he keeps his vote on me, and only changes to the digi wagon when it is more beneficial to him. Hmmm...

The first attack on diginova was unfounded, that was merely a RV in my opinion, but I didn't really like the way he defended himself. He has repeated himself a bunch of times, but I agree with his opinion on CCARaven4, that post looks almost as if he wasn't reading the game and just voted for the biggest wagon.

Based on this, I will
vote: mothrax
, to see if he stays that relaxed, and
FOS: diginova and CCARaven4
~Toon fighter~
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by mothrax »

So, my case against digi:
4th in iso: This is little, but he twists my words around, stating I "hate" rvs, which is not what I actually said. Points to possibly trying to make a situation a bigger deal than it actually is.
digi wrote:Have you read the thread? I have posted all the defense I will give on the matter; I explained my actions and if people feel that it warrants a lynch, there's not much I can say to change that and I'd rather use my time to find scum.
Instead of refering to where he actually states said argument, he gets defensive, using a grand statement to show that he "doesn't care"
and in that same post:
People that try taking any and all suspicion off them by giving no information and then reversing whenever the slightest question is asked are very scummy, and deserving of an FOS: CCARaven4
not even a vote. Only seven posts in iso, two of them during RVS, only one vote, and that was as a policy lynch/rvs vote. That tells me that you are scum who doesn't want to get on anyones bad side.
So tell me digi, if you find CCAR so scummy, why not vote for him?
And when asked why you haven't been posting, you claim "there is nothing worth commenting on." Isn't that synonomous with "If I don't post people might move on and forget my name?"
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:31 pm

Post by diginova »

mothrax wrote:So, my case against digi:
4th in iso: This is little, but he twists my words around, stating I "hate" rvs, which is not what I actually said. Points to possibly trying to make a situation a bigger deal than it actually is.
digi wrote:Have you read the thread? I have posted all the defense I will give on the matter; I explained my actions and if people feel that it warrants a lynch, there's not much I can say to change that and I'd rather use my time to find scum.
Instead of refering to where he actually states said argument, he gets defensive, using a grand statement to show that he "doesn't care"
and in that same post:
People that try taking any and all suspicion off them by giving no information and then reversing whenever the slightest question is asked are very scummy, and deserving of an FOS: CCARaven4
not even a vote. Only seven posts in iso, two of them during RVS, only one vote, and that was as a policy lynch/rvs vote. That tells me that you are scum who doesn't want to get on anyones bad side.
So tell me digi, if you find CCAR so scummy, why not vote for him?
And when asked why you haven't been posting, you claim "there is nothing worth commenting on." Isn't that synonomous with "If I don't post people might move on and forget my name?"
I am a very cautious player, and it's only page 6. While my read on CCAR is scummy, he hasn't done anything that is scummy enough for me to place a vote on him. Other than the obligatory RVS vote, I prefer waiting until there is more information and I would really want that player to get lynched before voting them. It could be that I'm overly cautious, but I find that my impulses are normally wrong, and once I place I vote, I am so focused on them that I have trouble finding information about other players. In case any of you want to know the reason I'm so cautious (I don't really care about giving out my meta, since I don't really use meta as a main argument anyway), it's my first game on-site, Newbie 444.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
CCARaven4
CCARaven4
Townie
CCARaven4
Townie
Townie

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by CCARaven4 »

@Toon Fighter If you don't like my wagoning on digi, why is Fugi's wagoning on mothrax any different? I did wagon at first and then went back and found evidence to back up my vote. On the other hand, Fugi has done nothing but wagon and make vague comments about it. I'm not trying to deflect attention from myself, I just think Fugi's actions are similar to my own and should be looked at if you don't like my actions.

@mothrax I don't really think he's not posting because he's hoping that we will move on to another target. I think he's not posting because there really is not much new stuff to comment on. He's defended himself, albeit poorly, in my eyes, but there's really no new content for him to post on until these last few posts with questions aimed towards him and others.
Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:38 pm

Post by Fugitive »

CCARaven4 wrote:@Toon Fighter If you don't like my wagoning on digi, why is Fugi's wagoning on mothrax any different? I did wagon at first and then went back and found evidence to back up my vote. On the other hand, Fugi has done nothing but wagon and make vague comments about it. I'm not trying to deflect attention from myself, I just think Fugi's actions are similar to my own and should be looked at if you don't like my actions.
That's a huge deflection in itself, bro.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:51 pm

Post by Stef »

Due to the prod I find myself in need to be active in both my games although I asked for V/LA in the GD topic. My fault for not mentioning it to the mod I guess.

Rereading and posting once I'm done.
The Mini-Theme: Lie to Me Mafia is accepting replacements. PM me to sign up.

V/LA for a few days while I'm moving.
Anon
Anon
Mafia Scum
Anon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Post by Anon »

I find both the diginova and mothrax wagon to be telling in regards of likeliness of hitting scum, interactions, etc.

Aout mothrax: I dislike him not putting his vote where his mouth is. His RVS stances are weird. "Woohoo a wagon is on me" feels fabricated and not natural from a townie entity.

About diginova: I hate his overdefensiveness, his deflection to another player in the same post is indeed not natural, and something that I noticed in my reread: he says he thinks policy lynching is scummy. Why would you even try it in RVS if you call yourself a cautious player?

What basically is going to break the balance here is the reaction to the wagon. While mothrax seems to be more relaxed about it, diginova seems more worried, defending himself massively and deflecting the attention.

Vote: diginova.
Stats: W/L/D

Town: 7/3/0
Mafia: 4/2/0
Other: 0/2/0
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Stef »

I started making a long wall-o-text and decided to delete it as it would just end up as parroting. I will just limit myself to making a summary.

mothrax = opportunistic, only merit in his case against digi is calling out on digi not voting for his main suspect.
CCARaven4 = voted because someone told him to, using huge crap-logic in his voting pattern.
diginova = OMGUSy, overall looks like bad town.
Toon Fighter: how populist of you to have as your 3 main suspects the 3 biggest suspects of the game.

I think Raven needs votes.

unvote, Vote Raven

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:01 pm

Post by Fugitive »

Stef wrote:Toon Fighter: how populist of you to have as your 3 main suspects the 3 biggest suspects of the game.
Hypocrisy at its finest.
Stef
Stef
Mafia Scum
Stef
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:23 pm

Post by Stef »

Not really. Reread my post and if you still disagree explain to me why I'm being a hypocrite.

Fugitive
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Fugitive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Fugitive »

It speaks for itself.
tubby216
tubby216
Mafia Scum
tubby216
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:35 pm

Post by tubby216 »

my vote on digi was purely an rvs omgus vote. however as this day progresses i am liking my vote more and more. so for now i'll leave it where it is
"I swear tubby is scum in every game I've read, even some of the ones he wasn't in. "~Vi
"Whether you love him or hate him, Tubby is an excellent scumhunter."~BM
[b]need 0 replacements for open189 pm me[/b]
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:37 pm

Post by diginova »

Anon wrote:About diginova: I hate his overdefensiveness, his deflection to another player in the same post is indeed not natural, and something that I noticed in my reread: he says he thinks policy lynching is scummy. Why would you even try it in RVS if you call yourself a cautious player?
Because RVS is just that, random.

I really don't want to claim, but I think I have to since Anon just put me at L-2, and there are a lot of players in this game who seem to come out of lurking just to vote the leading wagon, not reading anything else, and it seems like you can't scumhunt while any suspicion is on you without people calling it deflection.

I am a jailkeeper, town-aligned.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:28 am

Post by Charlie »

Page 3 is a null read because there is nothing pro or anti town about it. There is also nothing mafia-ish about it. So there.

Noooooooooooooooo diginova!
Kindness
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:45 am

Post by AGar »

Digi's 133 revised:
Diginova wrote: I'm going to sit here on my fence because I don't want to get off of it and commit to anything because that could backfire and then my scummy ass might be lynched.
Also, Digi does not understand deflection.

Claim is interesting... but not sure how I feel. L-2 was not the right time to do such, however.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
diginova
diginova
Goon
diginova
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:31 am

Post by diginova »

How was L-2 not the right time to do it? Truthfully L-1 would be better, yes, but I wasn't sure I'd even be able to post today since I'm currently traveling, and it really seems that people aren't reading the rest of the game before posting.
猫の手も借りたい

Robo Rally
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Lowell »

Prod received. Apologies. I'll have more internet access this week than last.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Wraith »

Sup all, back from vacation. Shouldn't have anymore interruptions until late August when I do some moving. Anyways, I see that there are two bandwagons going up, and that diginova is at L-2. There has also been some limited discussion on policy lynches. Since there wasn't an RQS, I'm gonna ask a question for every now: My only policy lynch is Lynch All Liars. Liars, if they aren't scum, are extremely dangerous. I developed this attitude toward liars during my first newbie game, in which a VT fake-claimed Cop in a botched attempt to draw a night kill. As a result, he had to lie and double-lie about his "result" and ended up drawing a lot of heat that could have been used to find the real scum (AGar was present at this game, and I was scum in that game, funnily enough). Who agrees and who disagrees with this polcy lynch and why?

At the moment I don't want to commit to any bandwagon, mostly because 6 pages is not enough discussion for a first day in any game (my other game had that much before a VT self-hammer'd, when I left there were no leads whatsoever for Day 2) and partially because I'm lazy and haven't read totally in-depth. I'll see how discussion evolves from here, but I urge y'all not to go to L-1 until we get at least 8 more pages of discussion and potential scumtells.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by mothrax »

I think that the LAL policy lynch is a good idea but difficult to enforce...

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”